PDA

View Full Version : Boca Chica's Big Bust

Bug Boy
02-08-2005, 08:10 PM
I don't how many guys have been following this thread on DR1, but RickToronto (Grande Pollo) posted an update on the Boca Chica scene.

If you are "looking to go to clubs and get blasted" you may be shit out of luck, but if you only want cheap "whorehouse" sex and you have some phone numbers, I am sure there bargains to be had [Half-off Sale: Zanzibar (former) waitresses for under RD$1,000!] :D

-Helpmann

Boca Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a report from my friend - I am posting it so you have no idea who he is. I would hate to own a hotel or restaurant other than an AI right now.

------------------------------------------------

I've just returned (February 7) from the worst trip ever to Boca Chica. I've probably gone over 100 times in the last 14 years and all the reasons I originally went, no longer exist. In no particular order:

Drinking (one of my favorite pastimes) : Before going on this trip I knew all but one of the bars would be closed. So I knew I would drinking from sundown to sunup would probably not be an option. Although I knew the prices have more than tripled from yesteryear, I hoped that there would be some action at my last remaining bar. Sadly, there was none. Only a few of the local Germans. No chicas, no hard drinking tourists, nobody!!

Women (another one of my favorite pastimes): In the past I appreciated and enjoyed spending time with all the different women in the area. From the professionals (Doctors, Lawyers) to the perpetual college students (some in their early thirties) to the part-timers to the professionals (ladies of the night, although many times it was during the day). I tried to stay away from the massage parlors and whore houses, which they seem to have added at least a dozen more of in the last two years.

On this trip most of the out-of-town chicas were truly out of town. There were few around during the day and fewer at night. Most of the locals that I knew and had asked to come to the hotel were afraid to come out at night. They were afraid they would be arrested. They would only come during the day-time.

One evening I was walking arm-in-arm with a young women and we were accosted by the police (the National Police, not the Politur) in a shiny new police car. When they asked for her cedula and she said that it was back at the hotel (where they require it for her to enter the hotel) they proceeded to grab her from my arms. When I resisted (It breaks my heart to see any girl dragged away, let alone one whom was on the street at my request), they became very agitated. If it was for the help of a few local men and my persistence, I don't know what would have happened.

Beaches: While Boca Chica never boasted pristine white beaches, the beaches have eroded to the point where it is difficult to take a long stroll. On every trip there seems to add more and more local vendors and Hatians offering you a massage. It seems like you can spend much of you day saying "Gracias, No".

Dining: There were a few restaurants that had good food at reasonable prices. Unfortunately everyone raised their prices when the peso hit RD50 to US1. When the peso recovered they never lowered their prices. They don't even try to hide that fact. If you look at the menus at Italy-Italy and the Swiss fondue place, you will see a second column of numbers that has been covered up. If you lift up the paper, you will see the prices in US dollars. For example, an item with a price of RD500 will have a price of US10. Since you have to pay in pesos (remember they covered up the price in USD) you will no pay the equivalent of about US18. That's 80% higher than when they raised the prices last year.

I think it's time to say good-bye to Boca Chica. I hear Sosua is similar to what Boca Chica used to be.

Deniro
02-08-2005, 08:36 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Tonto4
02-08-2005, 09:05 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

RearWindow
02-08-2005, 10:24 PM
But this is not new to BC, happens every couple of years. It will bear watching,tho. If the Gov continues cracking down like this, they will kill tourism in the south. Fucking third world countries can't leave well enuff alone sometimes. :evil:

el_papi_chew_low
02-08-2005, 10:54 PM
I hear mixed stories about BC. Someone else just came back and said they had a blast. Wonder if some guys like to bad mouth BC so less guys go, more chics for them at lower prices.

Bug Boy
02-08-2005, 11:19 PM
I hear mixed stories about BC. Someone else just came back and said they had a blast. Wonder if some guys like to bad mouth BC so less guys go, more chics for them at lower prices.I wouldn't put it past some; however, where did you hear/read about someone having a "blast?" As far as I know, the "Crack Down" came a couple of days after MLK weekend, and I thought everyone that posts on this board and (goes to Boca Chica) was back in N.A. by then.

-Helpmann

RearWindow
02-09-2005, 08:02 AM
I hear mixed stories about BC. Someone else just came back and said they had a blast. Wonder if some guys like to bad mouth BC so less guys go, more chics for them at lower prices.I wouldn't put it past some; however, where did you hear/read about someone having a "blast?" As far as I know, the "Crack Down" came a couple of days after MLK weekend, and I thought everyone that posts on this board and (goes to Boca Chica) was back in N.A. by then.

-Helpmann Cono! I totally forgot about this one guy who is still down there and posting a blog.I might be able to get an on scene report later.

gdogg
02-09-2005, 08:45 AM
Come on up to Sosua! I'll leave a light on for ya.
:wink:

tcmits
02-09-2005, 09:34 AM
What timing I have. Last fall I was going to head to Sosua, but ended up cancelling when the hurricane hit one day before I was going to arrive. Now a few months later the cheap airfares were to SDQ, so I decide to head to the BC area and look what happens. Am I cursed?

gdogg
02-09-2005, 09:37 AM
No dude, just bad timing.
:(

Make the most of it. Just follow the guys advice. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

el_papi_chew_low
02-09-2005, 09:41 AM
OK so BC is in transition for a minute. For those of you in the south, head to Santo Dominigo. Check out El Malecon area and check out El Conde as well. If you meet a nice chica, you can always take her to BC since its so close by.

Willie
02-09-2005, 09:46 AM
I dont see what the fuss is about. Its not like they created good jobs for the girls. The rent still has to be paid and the babies still have to be fed. So they will have to continue using the assets they have.

We just need to be more active and creative. Should make it interesting.

Willie

Bug Boy
02-09-2005, 06:36 PM
I dont see what the fuss is about. Its not like they created good jobs for the girls. The rent still has to be paid and the babies still have to be fed. So they will have to continue using the assets they have.

We just need to be more active and creative. Should make it interesting.

WillieI am looking forward to my trip to Boca. There are going to be some broke ass putas, who will take even less than what I have been giving them (RD$500). Unfortunately, I probably won't see much new talent (San Pedro/Santo Domingo), but those Andres and Boca Chica girls that live there, shit they have no choice. Fewer tourists will be Boca; therefore, less demand, but fewer putas will be seen on the streets (less supply due to heavy fines). But if you have a few numbers and addresses, which I have many, you might make out like a bandit.

When my plane lands, I am hooking up w/ Yennifer and Gap-Tooted Girl. We are heading to the movies in Megacentro than to the Cabanas in San Isidro. I see threesomes every single night I am in Boca Chica, of course I may just need Yennifer to hold the camera :).

BTW: But if you have never been to Boca Chica and you don't know anyone or any chicas, it's probably going to suck. And if you only come to the DR for the beer and the beach, well then.....???

nevermind...

I come to FUCK!!!!!

-Helpmann

RearWindow
02-09-2005, 07:33 PM
"The new Commandante had issued an order that all of the males working on the beach had to wear white shirts and black pants."

They are arrested if they do not. This is required for the workers at PRIVATE businesses. WTF?!! :evil: :evil: There is some serious arm twisting going on in BC.

gdogg
02-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Did Fidel Castro take over Boca Chica or something?
:roll:

el_papi_chew_low
02-09-2005, 08:07 PM

I never had a problem with Fidel and putas.

RearWindow
02-09-2005, 10:51 PM
His tenure is not off to a good start with me. He screws with the exchange rates, and now effectively shuts down BC.... LOOK OUT SOSUA!!! You've got next... :evil: :shock:

Don Tomas
02-09-2005, 11:00 PM
"The new Commandante had issued an order that all of the males working on the beach had to wear white shirts and black pants."

They are arrested if they do not. This is required for the workers at PRIVATE businesses. WTF?!! :evil: :evil: There is some serious arm twisting going on in BC.

I'm going to wear black pants and a white shirt and scam tourists! :lol:

gdogg
02-10-2005, 09:01 AM

I never had a problem with Fidel and putas.

Yeah, I hear the putas are cool there. I was referring to the "police state" Fidel.