PDA

View Full Version : Living The Dream?

Frequentflyer
12-20-2009, 07:10 AM
First post so please go easy if I am being stupid.

Seriously thinking about taking early retirement in DR for reasons which you will all understand. The GFE seems come so easy with the chicas there that I fear I may be losing my perspective. I recognise the need for financial support but does anyone know of a long term relationship with a DR woman which didn’t turn into an emotional and fical nightmare? I’m a fit 50 year old British guy, speak good Spanish and seem to share their rather childlike earthy sense of humour. Laughter is pretty hard to fake. I am starting to think I may have a shot at a new life with my perfect woman. Any advice?

givengo440
12-20-2009, 07:27 AM
Well I just decided to make that move next november but for from retirement and looking to build my company over there. As far as woman there are a lot of good woman over there but you have to remember we are 99.9% of the time are dealing with Putas so as with anything when money is root of the relationship it will go sour no matter how much love we say is there. Know your limits and and kep your eyes and ears open and get rid of anything/anyone thats stinks b/c it probably is rotten.

Jimmydr
12-20-2009, 08:29 AM

Seriously thinking about taking early retirement in DR for reasons which you will all understand. The GFE seems come so easy with the chicas there that I fear I may be losing my perspective. I recognise the need for financial support but does anyone know of a long term relationship with a DR woman which didn’t turn into an emotional and fical nightmare? I’m a fit 50 year old British guy, speak good Spanish and seem to share their rather childlike earthy sense of humour. Laughter is pretty hard to fake. I am starting to think I may have a shot at a new life with my perfect woman. Any advice?

Read the board, be active, take a dozen trips and then ask this question in 2 years again.

Señor MrJay of Medellin
12-20-2009, 08:56 AM
My first trip blew me away as well.

Pacoloco
12-20-2009, 10:03 AM
I am starting to think I may have a shot at a new life with my perfect woman. The "perfect woman" part sounds pretty stupid. ;)

Jimmydr
12-20-2009, 10:04 AM
The "perfect woman" part sounds pretty stupid. ;)

It sure does.

dunedain
12-20-2009, 06:08 PM
:eek:Perfect girl?
:eek:Good relationship?

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/106324b258f7395918.jpg

:lol:Just kidding

Hey flyer, the early retirement part sounds great (even though i'm like 40 something years away from it:p).

As far as the feeling towards the women, DR women do have a refreshing attitude for the most part. Especially when you have dealt with western european and north american women. I only know of one relationship that has worked out. Many that have not and the ones I've heard of on this board have only ended in tears. Givengo gave the best advice and that is to be alert of all things as signs of bad things to come may be subtle at first.

Liverpool!!!!! Liverpool!!!! Liverpool!!!!!! Liverpool!!!!!!!!!:corky:

yayow
12-20-2009, 06:21 PM

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/106324b258f7395918.jpg)

Hey flyer, the early retirement part sounds great (even though I'm like 40 something years away from it:p).

As far as the feeling towards the women, DR women do have a refreshing attitude for the most part. Especially when you have dealt with western European and north American women. I only know of one relationship that has worked out. Many that have not and the ones I've heard of on this board have only ended in tears. Givengo gave the best advice and that is to be alert of all things as signs of bad things to come may be subtle at first.

Again it is hard to evaluate relationships from this board, because we are who we are, and for the most part, the guys on this board prefer having multiple partners. Also many of the guys on this board, that try and make a relationship work, are dealing with putas, and as such you can't be surprised if it doesn't pan out. If you are meeting a chica at Classicos, or Passions the odds are against you that the relationship will work in the long run. It may be fun and full of fury and incredible passion, but real life tends to short circuit passion after a while, and then you have to deal with real life things that make a relationship work and last.

Can it happen it can, a few guys that have been on this site have had successful relationships, with Dominican/Colombian/Brazillian etc. women, but they haven't met them in the above listed places, or any place like them. Because those relationships are real and personal, they have chosen not to share those experiences with this board, partially because that is not what the board is about. Those guys have tended to live in the particular country of choice, have mastered the language for the most point, and haven't tried to bring the woman back to the States, which I still think would be a big mistake (on many different levels).

givengo440
12-20-2009, 07:09 PM
Givengo gave the best advice and that is to be alert of all things as signs of bad things to come may be subtle at first.
Not to toot my own horn Jimmy :whistle: lol j/k seriously if this is what he is looking for the perfect girl I am not going to say she doesn't exist in DR, I am going to say she doesn't exist period! I have had good girls, who work that I have stayed in touch with since my first trip never ask me for money and even had one come to the Thrilla At The Villa from SDQ. Still she was a pain in the ass and we haven't spoke since. Frequentflyer start off with the Putas and then into the beauty shops, on a good night there will be a few non putas in classicos. I recomend that you leave Sosua alone when looking for the one you'll have better odds outside of Paradise and even better when being introduced by a family member that you have befriended. Good luck man hope to share a cold one with you and your novia b/c no matter what we say you will try.

mikelodge
12-21-2009, 11:37 PM

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/106324b258f7395918.jpg)

Hey flyer, the early retirement part sounds great (even though i'm like 40 something years away from it:p).

As far as the feeling towards the women, DR women do have a refreshing attitude for the most part. Especially when you have dealt with western european and north american women. I only know of one relationship that has worked out. Many that have not and the ones I've heard of on this board have only ended in tears. Givengo gave the best advice and that is to be alert of all things as signs of bad things to come may be subtle at first.

You lie, you are done with work shit as soon as the right woman come along to marry you. :lol: or you get the right offer--You are too creative to beat it that long.
Have a Merry Xmas

mikelodge
12-21-2009, 11:46 PM

I wish you luck, and it can be done as long as you realize that a shot at a new life can be a crippling blow financially. If you can handle it go for it. I have friends who have but I don't know of any that lasted more than 5 years and these people have enough money to forget how much they have.

MrHappy
12-22-2009, 06:12 AM
I am starting to think I may have a shot at a new life with my perfect woman. Any advice?

Did you hear about the man that was looking for the perfect woman?

He spent his entire life, traveling the globe, visiting cities and countrysides, until at last, he found the perfect woman.....

They didn't get married though, she was looking for the perfect man.

Remember that.

eldorob
12-22-2009, 06:52 AM
The short answer is yes. It has been done but it ain't easy.

There are a lot of obstacles, read up and ask more questions. When you headed down?

ralphie1
12-22-2009, 07:53 AM

something to really take into consideration here. the emotional part, you can heal from. the financial disaster that is certain to follow will be next to impossible to recoup from at this late date in your life

listen to what some of the guys have said. take some trips down, stay away from the mongering areas. if you feel the same in a couple years, and you have nurtured a relationship that long, consider it

in the mean time, danger will robinson, danger

Tiger
12-22-2009, 08:15 AM
I say go for it and have fun!!

JD426
12-22-2009, 11:13 AM
The only guys Ive met who are sucessfully living in the DR are on a Pension. I Did meet ONE guy in Santiago who owned a business and sold it. But he was not there for the beach and the ho's, he just had a problem with the US being involved in all the overseas stuff, or maybe he was hiding from the IRS, LOL , I dont know, but you could tell the guy had serious cash.
But if you dont have a steady regular income, I dont see how it would be easy. Even if you have a pile of cash, you still have to pace yourself, and thats not as easy as it sounds, a pension does that automatically for you, so even if you go broke one month, the next check is just around the corner.

Passport Playa
12-22-2009, 11:16 AM
Did you hear about the man that was looking for the perfect woman?

He spent his entire life, traveling the globe, visiting cities and countrysides, until at last, he found the perfect woman.....

They didn't get married though, she was looking for the perfect man.

Remember that.

Mr. H/Yayow,

I appeciate both the words of wisdom that you share and also the knowledge that you have gained as a result of your many experiences. I consider you both to be a tremendous asset and resource to the "brotherhood!" I would encourage all the "brothas" who are soliciting serious/relevant advice to do so from the board members whom can offer the best information.

The Mac Man

Hemp
12-22-2009, 01:28 PM
sorry im with jd on this one! if you have no steady stream of income pension...residual...etc...or your not loaded (rich guy) i wouldnt move over there!!! I'd opt for the Ericks package and just vacation there for long intervals! but still have shop set up here stateside!

only place i would ex-pat to is a few places in europe! france and london comes to mind.

The only guys Ive met who are sucessfully living in the DR are on a Pension. I Did meet ONE guy in Santiago who owned a business and sold it. But he was not there for the beach and the ho's, he just had a problem with the US being involved in all the overseas stuff, or maybe he was hiding from the IRS, LOL , I dont know, but you could tell the guy had serious cash.
But if you dont have a steady regular income, I dont see how it would be easy. Even if you have a pile of cash, you still have to pace yourself, and thats not as easy as it sounds, a pension does that automatically for you, so even if you go broke one month, the next check is just around the corner.

SeaWeed
12-22-2009, 02:20 PM
I've traveled a lot of the Caribbean/Atlantic and in any of those countries you want to make dayum sure you're financially independent and able to survive off your pension/investments/etc without trying to pull in any additional money so you can live......and yes it is a great idea even if you move to a foreign country, to still have a foothold in the N America so you can come back for medical or family matters........out of the countries I've been to in Paradise I would have to say the DR is probably the best bet for a middle-class retiree.........and one of the worst would have to be the Cayman Islands unless you are so wealthy it doesn't matter.....same goes for Bermuda.......and the American Virgin Islands is very expensive to live on too...I guess one of the runner-ups to the DR would be Jamaica

and the only good mongering I've found in Paradise has been in the DR and Jamaica anyways......it stinks in the Bahamas and Puerto Rico.......and non existent in Bermuda and the Cayman Islands.......lol

Jimmydr
12-22-2009, 02:25 PM
I've traveled a lot of the Caribbean/Atlantic and in any of those countries you want to make dayum sure you're financially independent and able to survive off your pension/investments/etc without trying to pull in any additional money so you can live......and yes it is a great idea even if you move to a foreign country, to still have a foothold in the N America so you can come back for medical or family matters........out of the countries I've been to in Paradise I would have to say the DR is probably the best bet for a middle-class retiree.........and one of the worst would have to be the Cayman Islands unless you are so wealthy it doesn't matter.....same goes for Bermuda.......and the American Virgin Islands is very expensive to live on too...I guess one of the runner-ups to the DR would be Jamaica

and the only good mongering I've found in Paradise has been in the DR and Jamaica anyways......it stinks in the Bahamas and Puerto Rico.......and non existent in Bermuda and the Cayman Islands.......lol

I think after one has been to maybe 20 or 30 different places then one can decide. I would gamble to say that there may be 1,000 places out their worth looking at.

I have been to maybe 15 places so far.

Jimmydr
12-22-2009, 02:28 PM

Lima Peru has action, Acapulco Mexico has action, San Jose Costa Rica has action, Medellin Colombia has action.

The thing is, how to find things to do after you pull out your weekly allowance.

husl2001
12-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Lima Peru has action, Acapulco Mexico has action, San Jose Costa Rica has action, Medellin Colombia has action.

The thing is, how to find things to do after you pull out your weekly allowance.

Well, when that happens, you revert to Emergency Plan 1...and say hi and strike up a conversation.

Smashed in Jamaica, Bahamas and Cayman. It ain't that hard.

Ram
12-22-2009, 04:05 PM
Well, when that happens, you revert to Emergency Plan 1...and say hi and strike up a conversation.

Smashed in Jamaica, Bahamas and Cayman. It ain't that hard.

Little tougher for us guys that are 50ish...bit fat.... :o:lol::rofl:

Jimmydr
12-22-2009, 04:07 PM
Little tougher for us guys that are 50ish...bit fat.... :o:lol::rofl:

I find that if I ask 50 chicas in Medellin Colombia if they want to have a meal with me, all will say yes. Age doesn't matter.

Ram
12-22-2009, 04:09 PM
I find that if I ask 50 chicas in Medellin Colombia if they want to have a meal with me, all will say yes. Age doesn't matter.

It does seem to make a difference in Bahamas and Cayman......maybe I am too ugly then!!:mrgreen:

Jimmydr
12-22-2009, 04:14 PM
It does seem to make a difference in Bahamas and Cayman......maybe I am too ugly then!!:mrgreen:

Those places were under British Rule once and I think they have smaller populations and they have money and don't need guys like you or me, but correct me if I am wrong.

I think in the Spanish countries, its every chica for herself.

Ram
12-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Those places were under British Rule once and I think they have smaller populations and they have money and don't need guys like you or me, but correct me if I am wrong.

I think in the Spanish countries, its every chica for herself.

Yes Sir!! :wink:

....I'm not that ugly in those countries!!

whynotme
12-22-2009, 08:30 PM
Yes Sir!! :wink:

....I'm not that ugly in those countries!!
or cuba or thailand or philipines or on and on and on and on:D

mikelodge
12-22-2009, 09:24 PM
or cuba or thailand or philipines or on and on and on and on:D

I waited on this one for a bit and hell I think you could apply the same logic to the U.S. in different areas.

Meaning South Beach, PB or MB in San Diego, Venice Beach in CA you ain't buying no cheep pussy unless it is nasty.

Houston, Inner city Miami, El Paso, Larado and a million other places Hell yah.
I know a bar in Houston within 20 minutes of the airport in a quiet area with strippers offering full service (massage only of course for the record) for 50 bucks.

Money talks everywhere just much louder some places than others.

Last thing, I have a friend who is a spin dry born again that is a minister now who said in El Salvador it is easy for 10 bucks for all you cheap guys that speak Spanish.