PDA

View Full Version : Arriving STI

travelman
02-09-2005, 07:01 AM
I will be arriving in STI in about 7 days. I have the Palace car picking me up. How much and where is the best place to do it upon arrival? Are there multiple places to exchange in the airport?

Jimmydr
02-09-2005, 07:44 AM
I will be arriving in STI in about 7 days. I have the Palace car picking me up. How much and where is the best place to do it upon arrival? Are there multiple places to exchange in the airport?

There are two banks at the airport.

travelman
02-09-2005, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the quick response

Jimmydr
02-09-2005, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the quick response

It took 43 minutes, thats not fast by ISOC standards and guidelines. :(

BrooklynBeas
02-09-2005, 07:56 AM
WTF took u so long Jimmy... You may get a better exchange rate in Sosua at Tutti frutti or Judys but matter of fact... change money in STI its probably a point better... ask the driver if he knows where the park is... I dont know how to get there exactly but thats where i change in STI... there are guys on the street... always ask for a better rate after his first offer... sometime u will get a lil more...

psriches
02-09-2005, 03:36 PM
What about that late night JFK-Santiago flight? Anywhere to exchange money? Will i need a hotel or cabana? Remember, only staying that morning and have valuables.

psriches
02-10-2005, 04:26 PM
What about that late night JFK-Santiago flight? Anywhere to exchange money? Will i need a hotel or cabana? Remember, only staying that morning and have valuables.Anybody??

Jimmydr
02-10-2005, 05:51 PM
There are 5 Cabanas with in 10 minutes and only 2 ATM machines at the airport.

BROOKLYN_357
02-10-2005, 07:16 PM
What about that late night JFK-Santiago flight? Anywhere to exchange money? Will i need a hotel or cabana? Remember, only staying that morning and have valuables.

are you talking about the Jet Blue flights??

psriches
02-11-2005, 12:08 AM

are you talking about the Jet Blue flights??No, American also has a flight that gets into Santiago at 1:30pm. My concern was getting pesos that late at night and staying in a cabana with no safe for valuables.

Don Tomas
02-11-2005, 12:57 AM

are you talking about the Jet Blue flights??No, American also has a flight that gets into Santiago at 1:30pm. My concern was getting pesos that late at night and staying in a cabana with no safe for valuables.

psriches I am going to presume a few things...

The peso situation has been answered.
You mentioned you are staying for one night, arriving at 1:30am.
I don't think you are renting a car and you are going to use a taxi, right?
You want to get laid?

What I would do if I were you.

Take your airport taxi to Pasión or Ilusions, don't do CB or any other place!

Find chica(s)

Take taxi to nearest Cabana, if you go to Pasión you can walk next door to Zeus Cabanas. Otherwise I recommend Horus.

Fuck chica, sleep, wake up and fuck again.

You won't be robbed with a chica from Pasión or Ilusions. That's not their style and they know better. They would get whipped to within an inch of their life. :shock:

Just don't pickup some street girl, taxi recommended girl, or a girl at some of the slummier night clubs like Macombo!

BrooklynBeas
02-11-2005, 08:23 AM
good idea... just what about your luggage... would u leave it in the taxi while he waits for u to pick out a girl or do you bring it in Ilusions with you? or do you make the taxi guy come in with u so he doesnt leave with ur luggage? then you have to look for a girl, have a couple drinks and watch the taxi driver all at the same time...

Don Tomas
02-11-2005, 11:06 AM
good idea... just what about your luggage... would u leave it in the taxi while he waits for u to pick out a girl or do you bring it in Ilusions with you? or do you make the taxi guy come in with u so he doesnt leave with ur luggage? then you have to look for a girl, have a couple drinks and watch the taxi driver all at the same time...

I sent him names at these clubs, he could have them watch it or just bring it to his table.

He could even check into Zeus Cabanas first and pop over to Pasions.

Jimmydr
02-11-2005, 11:09 AM
If its a taxi guy thats from the airport, well he won't steal your shit cause they know where he lives.

BrooklynBeas
02-11-2005, 01:43 PM
If its a taxi guy thats from the airport, well he won't steal your shit cause they know where he lives.

i wouldnt risk it...

BrooklynBeas
02-11-2005, 01:44 PM
actually once i went straight to Ilusions from STI airport but my friend picked us up with a car and a jeep so we left our luggage in his vehicles... bagged our girls then drove to La Vega for the TLN which was like 4 hours...

BROOKLYN_357
02-11-2005, 03:32 PM

psriches I am going to presume a few things...

The peso situation has been answered.
You mentioned you are staying for one night, arriving at 1:30am.
I don't think you are renting a car and you are going to use a taxi, right?
You want to get laid?

What I would do if I were you.

Take your airport taxi to Pasión or Ilusions, don't do CB or any other place!

Find chica(s)

Take taxi to nearest Cabana, if you go to Pasión you can walk next door to Zeus Cabanas. Otherwise I recommend Horus.

Fuck chica, sleep, wake up and fuck again.

You won't be robbed with a chica from Pasión or Ilusions. That's not their style and they know better. They would get whipped to within an inch of their life. :shock:

Just don't pickup some street girl, taxi recommended girl, or a girl at some of the slummier night clubs like Macombo!

DON, it looks like you have all the info on Santiago...what type prices do these chicas be asking???

BrooklynBeas
02-11-2005, 03:35 PM
passions or ilusions are asking around 2500-4500 for tln including the salida fee... to get some st on the spot its about 2000... pretty expensive...

BROOKLYN_357
02-11-2005, 03:37 PM
passions or ilusions are asking around 2500-4500 for tln including the salida fee... to get some st on the spot its about 2000... pretty expensive...

DAYUMMMM!!!!....i'm not feeling that

Don Tomas
02-11-2005, 04:27 PM

DAYUMMMM!!!!....i'm not feeling that

Those are sucker & BB prices! :lol:

The girls are hungry in Santiago. You should't pay more then RD$2000 for TLN! S/T is RD$1000.

Of course (no offense some guys) if you are 45+, fat, and bald then expect to pay typical gringo rates.

Jimmydr
02-11-2005, 04:30 PM
[quote=BROOKLYN357]
Of course (no offense some guys) if you are 45+, fat, and bald then expect to pay typical gringo rates.

Sure I pay 2,000 pesos, :twisted:

Don Tomas
02-11-2005, 04:38 PM
[quote=BROOKLYN357]

Sure I pay 2,000 pesos, :twisted:

Ok let me rephrase this...

For a model like 10+ chica from Pasion or Ilusions in Santiago you can the following...

S/T = RD$0 - RD$6000 (Yes I saw the sucker who paid 6k)
TLN = RD$0 - RD$10000 (Yes some girl laughed with me about the 10k sucker, no I didn't meet him)

What you pay is up to you. Can you talk to her, are you decent looking, etc...

They usually toss out a RD$4k-5k starting price. One of them told me RD$5k and I was laughing so hard Emilio came up and asked why, when I told him he almost PIMP SLAPPED the chica!

It's good to have friends in those places.

Jimmydr
02-11-2005, 04:40 PM
I walk around, I see 10 that will do, I tell them how much, usually about $75, converted and I tell them, I will make a few rounds. One will leave with me, always happens.

the_Jayman
02-11-2005, 04:49 PM

Hey, I resemble that remark . . . still got my hair tho 8)

psriches
02-11-2005, 06:40 PM

I sent him names at these clubs, he could have them watch it or just bring it to his table.

He could even check into Zeus Cabanas first and pop over to Pasions.I think i would prefer to check into cabana and drop off luggage.

WSJ3
02-11-2005, 06:45 PM
I think i would prefer to check into cabana and drop off luggage.

I noticed that the prices have gone up with respect to traveling from JFK to STI, if it gets any closer to 300US it wouldn't make sense to go there just for a day and the hit up POP psriches buddy.

psriches
02-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Got it for $260

BrooklynBeas
02-12-2005, 03:56 AM
DT... in passions and ilusions when you dont know the owner or manager the prices i said are the average... you know this is true... i can say the average chica in sosua streets is 1000 st and 1500-2000 tln... do i pay that no of course not...i pay 500 st or 1000 tln... thats it... sometimes free... sometimes dinner and drinks it varies...
I took one girl from ilusions and paid 2500 but i think the rate at that time made it $65 for the night including salida...