PDA

View Full Version : SDQ to Sosua??

freakaccident
02-09-2005, 11:39 AM
I was planning on taking the bus but I really don't want to deal with a 45 minute $30 taxi ride to the bus stop and then 5 hours on the bus after I land in SDQ. No to mention the time I have to wait for the bus to leave which depends on when I get there.

I got a quote from John at the palace for $110 to have his taxi guy come get me. I would figure that would be about 4.5 hours to Sosua. It would be about $70 more for the taxi and might be worth it. Any other suggestions that might be a few bucks less?

Thanks,
Aaron

Jimmydr
02-09-2005, 11:41 AM
I think thats a great price. Last I heard it was $125.

el_papi_chew_low
02-09-2005, 11:52 AM
I was planning on taking the bus but I really don't want to deal with a 45 minute $30 taxi ride to the bus stop and then 5 hours on the bus after I land in SDQ. No to mention the time I have to wait for the bus to leave which depends on when I get there.

I got a quote from John at the palace for $110 to have his taxi guy come get me. I would figure that would be about 4.5 hours to Sosua. It would be about $70 more for the taxi and might be worth it. Any other suggestions that might be a few bucks less?

Thanks,
Aaron

A commuter plane, if they have one. I know they go from POP to Puta Cana.

freakaccident
02-09-2005, 11:52 AM
I think thats a great price. Last I heard it was $125.

I thought about renting a car but its not much less after insurance and stuff. I will probably go with the taxi. Im sure the bus is great but I dont wanna mess around for two hours longer than I have to. Its going to be a long enough day the way it is. Definitely taking the taxi back.

the_Jayman
02-09-2005, 12:01 PM
I will probably go with the taxi. . .

I don't blame you. That's what I would do.

freakaccident
02-09-2005, 12:59 PM
I will probably go with the taxi. . .

I don't blame you. That's what I would do.

It would be a lot easier if I could just get a flight into POP. Prices for my dates are around $1400. Hahaha. SDQ is $450.

RickRock
02-09-2005, 01:55 PM
I got a quote from John at the palace for $110 to have his taxi guy come get me.
Is that price for the driver to drive to SDQ and return you to POP?????? If so, from what I have heard, that is an excellent price. I have heard from others (not on this board) that a one way from SDQ to STI is $100. What's the real scoop? I feel so uneducated. :oops:

dapanz1

freakaccident
02-09-2005, 03:07 PM
I was quoted 110 from SDQ to the Palace in Sosua.

Don Tomas
02-10-2005, 12:07 AM
I got a quote from John at the palace for $110 to have his taxi guy come get me.
Is that price for the driver to drive to SDQ and return you to POP?????? If so, from what I have heard, that is an excellent price. I have heard from others (not on this board) that a one way from SDQ to STI is $100. What's the real scoop? I feel so uneducated. :oops:

dapanz1

OMG where did you read US$100 for STI to Sosua.

I will make some extra cash during my next trip to Santiago! :idea:

RickRock
02-10-2005, 10:24 AM
DT...I heard a one way taxi from Santo Domingo to Santiago is $100. What I found amazing was that The Palace was going to send a taxi driver (possibly w/o passenger) from Sosua to Santo Domingo and then return w/passenger for $100.

As for me, I'm interested to know what a one way from SDQ to STI costs. I have heard $100 just for that trip alone. Is that the case?

dapanz1

Jimmydr
02-10-2005, 10:30 AM
DT...I heard a one way taxi from Santo Domingo to Santiago is $100. What I found amazing was that The Palace was going to send a taxi driver (possibly w/o passenger) from Sosua to Santo Domingo and then return w/passenger for $100.

As for me, I'm interested to know what a one way from SDQ to STI costs. I have heard $100 just for that trip alone. Is that the case?

dapanz1

It was $100 but I think its more like $150 these days. Usually the taxi from SD returns empty from Sosua. They get someone usually only 1 way. Bottom line is $100 less gas of $20 nets $80 for 10 hours of work. Not bad at all really. Its 300 miles RT estimated.

BrooklynBeas
02-11-2005, 08:18 AM

dapanz1

OMG where did you read US$100 for STI to Sosua.

I will make some extra cash during my next trip to Santiago! :idea:

Pay attention DT! :D

bugmenot123
04-07-2005, 12:58 AM
I realize everyone here is talking about the cost of a taxicab, but I figured since the thread was marked SDQ to Sosua, thought i'd post the bus price. Just In case future readers were curious.

I took a 6am (it left on time!) caribe tour bus from SDQ. it was freakin nicer than a greyhound!! took just under 5 hours and cost just under 500RD for 2 people (i think it was 240 or so each). Even got the bus driver to take us just past the caribe station to the supermercado at the light. jumped on a motoconcho and headed back to the palace.

not how i'd prefer to spend 5 hours of my precious DR time, but in a pinch it can be done. slept the whole way.

freakaccident
04-25-2005, 11:53 AM
The truth = $110, 4 hours, 9 stops for beer and the scenic route through the mountains. No bus for me. It was worth the money for the taxi/tour guide.

JDR
04-25-2005, 11:57 AM
I realize everyone here is talking about the cost of a taxicab, but I figured since the thread was marked SDQ to Sosua, thought i'd post the bus price. Just In case future readers were curious.

I took a 6am (it left on time!) caribe tour bus from SDQ. it was freakin nicer than a greyhound!! took just under 5 hours and cost just under 500RD for 2 people (i think it was 240 or so each). Even got the bus driver to take us just past the caribe station to the supermercado at the light. jumped on a motoconcho and headed back to the palace.

not how i'd prefer to spend 5 hours of my precious DR time, but in a pinch it can be done. slept the whole way.

I agree, 17.50 each way is much better than $200 RT.

freakaccident
04-29-2005, 07:34 PM

I agree, 17.50 each way is much better than $200 RT.

Depends on your drinking habits and need to see the real DR. Da bus doesn't go through el cumbre!

Realman1
07-04-2005, 12:13 AM
Hi

Will be arriving in SDQ about 10:30PM and renting a car to drive to Sosua in a few days. Sounds like a long drive and someone said very dangerous [ bad raod or just not safe] is this ture? Shoud I stay in SDQ and do the drive in the daytime? Traveling alone and don't speak Spanish

Thanks for any suggestions

JD
07-04-2005, 01:00 AM
Waiting until daylight to make that drive sounds like a good idea to me.

I have driven on the Autopista Duarte at night but would not recommend it

to you.

Monger On,

JD

tomgueguen
07-04-2005, 01:27 AM
in 2003 i found a taxi from sosua to boca chica for 1800 pesos.the peso was at 45 to 1.we did it in 4:30.

Jimmydr
07-04-2005, 08:59 AM
Hi

Will be arriving in SDQ about 10:30PM and renting a car to drive to Sosua in a few days. Sounds like a long drive and someone said very dangerous [ bad raod or just not safe] is this ture? Shoud I stay in SDQ and do the drive in the daytime? Traveling alone and don't speak Spanish

Thanks for any suggestions

Drive during the day, I always do.

Realman1
07-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Thanks Fellow Mongers

I'll just drive to BC spend the night and then set out in the morning, unless I stay in sdq.

realman1

Jimmydr
07-05-2005, 08:13 AM
What scares me is you will be left for dead and they will take your stuff.

continentalmike
07-05-2005, 08:24 AM

Not all Dominicans will do this to you.. there are plenty of nice and decent people around who will help you out in a pinch..

Jimmydr
07-05-2005, 08:26 AM

Not all Dominicans will do this to you.. there are plenty of nice and decent people around who will help you out in a pinch..

My ex novias brother was hit by a car and left there. The guy that worked at the hotel in Caberete was left for dead. Assume nothing because if they take you to the hospital and you die, they have to pay.