PDA

View Full Version : Lots of rain in Sosua lately??

gmalet
12-25-2009, 06:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3t_MrGRmPg

balcoach
12-25-2009, 07:23 AM
back to normal...24th and today, 25th, have been beautiful.
Feliz navidad.

ralphie1
12-25-2009, 09:24 AM
i have looked up the avg. rainfall in the puerto plata area and december, jan. and feb. seem to be the rainy season.

myself and crew are going down the end of jan., first week of feb. the avg rainfall is about 6" for the month of feb. slightly more for jan.

how much will rain interfere with running out and about? is it advised to bring a collapsible umbrella for that time period? i want to pack light, so dont want to bring any more than is needed

do the rains come during the day? nightime? all day long? what should we expect to see on average?

in the spring (april) when we were down , it only really rained for one day, it slowed us down some, having to time when you go from one bar to the next, but all in all, it worked out.

one night however, rained all night and hard. made getting around difficult if you didnt want to get really wet

thanks

merry christmas , all

Beads
12-25-2009, 10:11 AM
Sometimes it rains all day or for days sometimes only a short while. If your travelling light bring one of those tiny rollup raincoats from the dollar store or buy and umbrella in town.

Will the rain effect your time in Sosua? Somewhat it will. Some chicas will not come out as they dont want to get their hair wet and also dont want to get sick. I have noticed for myself if I stay in wet clothing too long I tend to get sick much easier than going out in the rain and and going home and changing clothing. Something to keep in mind while your down there. If you have contact phone numbers you can always call while the rain has subsided. If your staying at the NG its also not that long of a walk to the bars so you can manage. Just expect less options as less chicas will show up during the heavy downpours.

SeaWeed
12-25-2009, 12:01 PM
lol.......umbrellas questions again......wi call it liquid sunshine in Paradise.....showers last for very short periods.......rarely would this ever interupt your day......in Jamaica wi have a saying for dis; get laid when it rains.......good time to do it eh........lol

psriches
12-25-2009, 12:06 PM
lol.......umbrellas questions again......wi call it liquid sunshine in Paradise.....showers last for very short periods.......rarely would this ever interupt your day......in Jamaica wi have a saying for dis; get laid when it rains.......good time to do it eh........lolDuring my many trips to DR, it always interupts my days. Not sure about Jamaica, but the hoes in DR don't like rain. They's rather not eat, then come out in the rain. But you always have options like Passions/Bars, etc.

Check the video; not many chicas walking around!!

the_Jayman
12-25-2009, 10:23 PM
let it rain let it rain let it rain ! ! !

I'll still be grinnin ear to ear ! ! !

Dragonlorde
12-25-2009, 10:24 PM
Better than 22" of snow and scrotum numbing cold...that was last week in DC.

Oh yeah, it rained all day in the DC metro area and now we are under flood warnings. The DC government started giving out sandbags last yesterday.

swiggy
12-25-2009, 11:47 PM
I was in the Merengue bar Sunday night (December 20th). There was 6 inches of water through the whole place at 1130 pm. As i walked in i put my foot in a hole where a tile came loose and i almost fell face first in the water, i was carrying my sneakers and one popped out of my hands but landed on the ledge at the foot of the bar. By 1215 the water was gone but a Dominican guy slipped and hit his head on the ground over by the bathrooms, he was out cold and they carried him around to the front. Upstairs in the disco was a ghost town. I was with my novia but there were about 4 or 5 what I would consider really hot chicas out that night. If i was alone i would have had no problem finding company and the place was practically dead.

psriches
12-26-2009, 07:15 AM
Before the rain, muchas chicas! After the rain, muchas chicas!

The problem is only during the rain!!:wink:

seeker241
12-26-2009, 08:05 AM
After staying at Rockys last week, I treated myself to an ocean view room with a balcony at Sosua Bay Resort on that rainy Sunday night. A cool chica, some food and and beer, an sexapaluzza all night long....I won't forget that night too soon.

ErikS
12-26-2009, 08:33 AM
I was in the Merengue bar Sunday night (December 20th). There was 6 inches of water through the whole place at 1130 pm. ................ Upstairs in the disco was a ghost town....... and the place was practically dead.

That's because they were all down at the birthday party we had at "El Toros" that night!

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/49604b360c1e799aa.jpg

There were also a few familiar faces in attendance.....................................

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/49604b360c1e97df0.jpg

.......and the new bartender was a blast!

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/49604b360c1ebeadf.jpg

We had a 75 kilogram (on the hoof) roast pig, five bbq'd chickens, mero, ensalada de papas, plus 100 grandes, vino, and several large bottles of Brugal Anejo and Barcelloa, Two bottles of whiskey (Dewars and JW Red Label), etc. etc.

Yes, it was raining, and yes, the roof leaked - so we got wet, but it was a good time that lasted until almost 3am. We even got Apos's brother Todd to take a little time off from the search and stop by - he really needed a break.

On the drive home, our rental car conked out after trying to navigate the "Rio Pedro Clisante", so we waded home through (in places) knee deep water. We called the rental company (L&I) and they towed the car the next morning and gave us a new one. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

DCIronman
12-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Rain's only a problem during the time of the year when it stirs up hordes of flying black ants (hormigas). They swarm into every building that has a window or door open. Not the biting type, but still annoying to have crawling all over you when you're in a bar chatting up a chica.

It was a chica that explained to me that it happens every so often after a hard rain.