PDA

View Full Version : Time Share?

Frequentflyer
12-26-2009, 05:51 AM
Anyone on the forum ever ever floated the idea of a syndicate of like minded individuals buying a suitable property and sharing the costs? Say 4 or 5 way split 7 or 8 weeks a year?

Jimmydr
12-26-2009, 08:26 AM
Why would you do that. Pay as you go and when you find something better, move on.

Kevy
12-26-2009, 08:31 AM
there was a thread a while back, I can't remember who wrote it, they had some info on a time share type deal, but like most of these deals, it was a more of a scam.

ErikS
12-26-2009, 08:43 AM
I've leased the same place down there since 2006. It's much cheaper than buying. Plus, as Jimmy said, easier to move on when/if the time comes.

I've looked at properties there for a year now, and IMHO, they are still overpriced.

ralphie1
12-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Why would you do that. Pay as you go and when you find something better, move on.

agreed!

have never seen anybody that bought a timeshare that was happy going to the same place time after time

besides, things are way too fluid in the areas we like to play in. what is a good area to play today could be lousy next year

different scenery, like different pussy, is always welcomed

osanhopps
12-27-2009, 08:03 AM
agreed!

have never seen anybody that bought a timeshare that was happy going to the same place time after time

besides, things are way too fluid in the areas we like to play in. what is a good area to play today could be lousy next year

different scenery, like different pussy, is always welcomed

Look I am a timeshare sales executive. And this is just a little info. Timeshare is for the very well off. They use it for security as a investment. But because a lot of us are not in that position. Here is what we do as agents: Take a look at The Travel Club network. If you can get a trip or vacation better than $49 a week, then do not use it. This is the information that we do not share with people. This network has all the hotels and resorts that most timeshare has. I am telling you this because we are all brothers here in this forum. So if you are interested go to the website. One more thing, most all-inclusives are in here for the same price.