PDA

View Full Version : Scotch and Sirloin Restaurant

snoozer
12-26-2009, 10:03 AM
This the new restaurant in the newly renovated hotel known locally as Woody's, don't recall the new name of the hotel itself. Easy to find, turn left when you come out of NG and walk past Casa Valeria, or turn right when you come out of Rockys and walk past Supermercado Carmen.

It opened yesterday and my novia and I decided to check it out. Based on last nights meal I will not bother again. I had a burger, expected a gourmet type burger based on the description in the menu, actually got a tastless, thin patty (have eaten thicker beef jerky) with lettuce and tomato and over cooked fries. Mi esposa had salmon which was dry and had nothing on it.

The Santo Libre I had was mixed by passing the rum bottle near the glass but I think they forgot to pour. (But then I am used to Ted's SLs at Brittania, he puts in a hint of Sprite)

Total damages 1200 pesos, including a Corona and the SL, and the 16% ITBIS.

The atmosphere was enhanced by some kids bringing a goat into the restaurant while I was eating.

Anyone else want to TOFFT?? Maybe it was opening night problems.

Jimbo44
12-26-2009, 12:11 PM
As much as i enjoy scotch( it is always with me in a flask at night), and of course a good steak, I thought we had something going here.... thanx for being honest tho!!

Beads
12-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the honest review. The price seems a little high and the ambiance needs a little work. We might want to do El Toro for steaks unless you want imported then you might try The Shark Bar.

Jimbo44
12-26-2009, 12:57 PM
The only time I had any beef during my last few trips would be in a Bolognese sauce, otherwise it was lots of fish and chicken!!

psriches
12-26-2009, 01:40 PM
All the beef i've ever tasted in DR taste like chicken. WTF!!!:eek:

SeaWeed
12-26-2009, 02:16 PM
personally I've given up on getting any beef on my trips to Paradise.......first it's never quite as good as back home and second cause of the high cost.....better off with chicken and fish......and sometimes pork......like jerk pork........and it's hard to go wrong with what the locals eat......or where they eat

gdogg
12-26-2009, 03:04 PM
I've always found the prime rib at El Toro's to be really good. Things may have changed. Snoozer, you're definitely right about Ted's Santo Libres...they're the bomb!!

Tiger
12-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Is this the restaurant in the new hotel that just opened? Terra Linda or something like that.

Ter319
12-26-2009, 10:44 PM
On a recent trip I found Ooh La Vecha right next to Britannia and Jolly Roger, the food was really good I ended up eating there like 3 times during the course of 8 day stay. I had a hamburger there one night that actually taste like a hamburger instead of what they try to pass off as burgers there.

bentwire
12-26-2009, 11:00 PM
Lets not forget the best Burger in the world that can be found at Lous shark bar, you gotta ask for the new york beef, them new your cows got it going on

the_Jayman
12-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Gotsta LOVE those Lou Burgers ! ! !

ErikS
12-27-2009, 09:59 AM
Gotsta LOVE those Lou Burgers ! ! !

Lou told me starting January 1st he is turning over a new leave. Getting healthy. No more smoking or drinking. And he is converting the Shark Bar into a health food restaurant.
So your USDA beef cheeseburgers with hand cut fries will now be soy burgers with carrot sticks.
Weyland promises to eat there regularly now as Lou will also be substituting the European "Futbol" leages for the NFL on the big screens. :wink:

Jimmydr
12-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Lou told me starting January 1st he is turning over a new leave. Getting healthy. No more smoking or drinking. And he is converting the Shark Bar into a health food restaurant.
So your USDA beef cheeseburgers with hand cut fries will now be soy burgers with carrot sticks.
Weyland promises to eat there regularly now as Lou will also be substituting the European "Futbol" leages for the NFL on the big screens. :wink:

Another one of your jokes, you are good!

PapiQueRico
12-27-2009, 10:15 AM

Yeah, and Peter's swapping out his crew for a bunch of gay guys! :p

manning88
12-27-2009, 12:17 PM
i will be trying the new restaurant but Lou got the best burgers 25 more dcdstart=well%20deserved&skinjpg=http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/cdskins/chica9.jpg&yr=2010&mo=1&da=22&hr=0&mi=0&sc=0&cdend=say%20ahh%21%21%21%21%21%21&txtcolor=undefined&untilcolor=undefineday until

tonymd
12-27-2009, 12:17 PM
On a recent trip I found Ooh La Vecha right next to Britannia and Jolly Roger, the food was really good I ended up eating there like 3 times during the course of 8 day stay. I had a hamburger there one night that actually taste like a hamburger instead of what they try to pass off as burgers there.
I have eaten there. The food is good, and a little expensive for Sosua.

psriches
12-27-2009, 02:36 PM
I have eaten there. The food is good, and a little expensive for Sosua.I've eaten at Oh la vache as well. Food good but expensive.

rdmatheny
12-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Yeah, and Peter's swapping out his crew for a bunch of gay guys! :p

Also too with all the new hotel accommadations now available in Sosua. The New Garden Hotel is now going to become a AI Gay resort.:rolleyes:

prtyr2
12-29-2009, 08:33 PM
personally I've given up on getting any beef on my trips to Paradise.......first it's never quite as good as back home and second cause of the high cost.....better off with chicken and fish......and sometimes pork......like jerk pork........and it's hard to go wrong with what the locals eat......or where they eat

It depends what part of paradise. I have had some very good steaks in the DR. . . .just not in sosua. I even had a good one in cabarete at a lil place owned by a dude from argentina.

Puerto madero in STI

Antonio's, Madera, David Crocketts, Porter House, Rancho all have good steaks and the prime rib at outback is decent. . . .along with a bloomin onion.

Corinth
12-29-2009, 10:04 PM
If you want good food in Sosua, Orchidee it is. I've had most all of the menu, the price is great and quality always good. Marua Mai has good steaks but most menu items are pricey. Fish and chips are good at Britannia, large portion and cheap. I spend a lot of time there lusting after Ava and Hiedy. Haven't been to El Toro in a couple years but will try it next trip.

JD426
12-29-2009, 10:52 PM
Anyone else want to TOFFT?? Maybe it was opening night problems.

They struck out with the burger and the salmon, on opening night, not a good sign. One would make a little effort on the first night, no ?
thanks for the heads up, too many other good choices to waste ones time at such a place.

Dragonlorde
12-30-2009, 04:11 AM
snoozer did you say scotch????? Single malt or blend??? Nothing like a neat single malt and good cigar. Well......I would take a timeout for a chica. :biggrin:

ErikS
12-30-2009, 08:03 AM
It depends what part of paradise. I have had some very good steaks in the DR. . . .just not in sosua. I even had a good one in cabarete at a lil place owned by a dude from argentina.

Puerto madero in STI

Antonio's, Madera, David Crocketts, Porter House, Rancho all have good steaks and the prime rib at outback is decent. . . .along with a bloomin onion.

Or you could try "steak night" at the Shark Bar. Not too bad (if I do say so myself!) :wink:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/49604b3b4eb568114.jpg

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/49604b3b4eb527a11.jpg

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/49604b3b4eb548564.jpg

manning88
12-30-2009, 09:14 AM
Shark bar yeah that is were its at hmmmmcdstart=well%20deserved&skinjpg=http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/cdskins/chica9.jpg&yr=2010&mo=1&da=22&hr=0&mi=0&sc=0&cdend=say%20ahh%21%21%21%21%21%21&txtcolor=undefined&untilcolor=undefined

ralphie1
12-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Or you could try "steak night" at the Shark Bar. Not too bad (if I do say so myself!) :wink:

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/49604b3b4eb568114.jpg)

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/49604b3b4eb527a11.jpg)

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/49604b3b4eb548564.jpg)

what does a nice steak dinner cost at the sharks bar??

gdogg
12-30-2009, 12:54 PM

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/49604b3b4eb568114.jpg)

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/49604b3b4eb527a11.jpg)

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/49604b3b4eb548564.jpg)

Can't go wrong with a "steak night" at Stratton's. Always good eatings! But wait, he's not "officially" a restaurant. Never mind.
:wink:

prtyr2
12-30-2009, 12:58 PM

If you are grilling. . . .I am there!

mikelodge
01-08-2010, 02:26 PM
As much as i enjoy scotch( it is always with me in a flask at night), and of course a good steak, I thought we had something going here.... thanx for being honest tho!!

Jimbo and the flask I knew I wasn't the only guy that owned one.
Great way to have a good bump before you go in a club or share with a chica so you can buy her less. Very handy tool for doing a walk about. :D

mikelodge
01-08-2010, 02:29 PM
I've always found the prime rib at El Toro's to be really good. Things may have changed. Snoozer, you're definitely right about Ted's Santo Libres...they're the bomb!!

I had 2 good meals at El Toro and the steak was fine. Not USDA Prime but ok. I will eat there again.

mikelodge
01-08-2010, 02:44 PM

That first pic looks like it was in a house fire :lol:
I bet it was great when it was Rare and a fine thing before someone cooked the life out of it. MOO :lol:

Just me
01-08-2010, 10:29 PM
The way steak shoudl be, cold in teh middle

We had a WSO who used to say "Just walk the damm cow in and hold a candle under it"

I bet it was great when it was Rare and a fine thing before someone cooked the life out of it. MOO :lol:

mikelodge
01-08-2010, 11:40 PM
The way steak shoudl be, cold in teh middle

We had a WSO who used to say "Just walk the damm cow in and hold a candle under it"

Very true this is the same thing as Tony Bourdain eating raw Sushi quality chicken (not for me) but all fresh seafood can be eaten raw and a good steak is a wonderful thing Rare. Personally if the health of the place is a ? I will order it Medium Rare so that it is Red but at least warm center but anywhere else

Foogetttabouuttiiittt

ErikS
01-09-2010, 07:10 AM

Uh, that "someone" was me. And I beg to differ on your assesment.

Those particular Porterhouse steaks had been "dry aged" in Lou's reefer for 10 days.
Then, the night before cooking them, I applied a special dry rub (which I laid on thick!) containing, amoung other things, some sugar and ground coffee beans. That way when you grill it over high heat, you get a nice crust formed from the dry rub (easily mistaken for being burned)

And if you look at the picture carefully, you will see that that steak is pink (not red) on the inside - cooked just as the guy ordered it: Medium rare to medium.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/49604b3b4eb568114.jpg

I prefer my own steak to be medium rare.

And I will be cooking more steaks at the Shark Bar next week for another "ISOC Steak night" for Jayman and crew.
But I guess your not interested. :wink:

Beads
01-09-2010, 10:58 AM
They struck out with the burger and the salmon, on opening night, not a good sign. One would make a little effort on the first night, no ?
thanks for the heads up, too many other good choices to waste ones time at such a place.

This is how I look at this place also. All the reviews I have read both here and on DR1 were negative. You cant have all negative reviews for your grand opening and on top of that be more expensive than most other places.

As far as steaks go if you want USDA and its available at the Shark Bar thats going to be the best choice. If not El Toro isnt bad in Sosua.

The best domestic DR steak I ever had was at Kuka Makara in Santiago near the monument. It wasnt a typical steak it was some specialty steak dish they make. The sauce and seasoning made the beef very tasty and tender. I would definitely order that again.

SGA
02-15-2010, 10:55 PM
i had filet mignon/medium with vegetables and i thought it was awesome. everyone at my table had the filet as well and also enjoyed. they had some live musicians playing spanish music. i liked it

thirdrexx
02-15-2010, 11:20 PM
just stayed week at terra linda ate breakfast a few lunches and dinners there everything was good !!!! the so called $10 chica breakfast charge only costs what the guest actually orders beautiful unless shes a pig ahaha the place isnt really opened yet talked with vincent one of the owners hes doing changes everyday wants a quality place the musicans idea came from my crew who sat at tables on sidewalk engaging the chicas when street players came by we had them stay about 1/2 hr chicas loved it crowd gathered

Mr Hillbilly
02-16-2010, 06:41 AM
I had one of the best steaks I have ever had in latin America @ Steak and Sirloin it took a long time but we were the first served in the opening on Xmas.My friends Novia who actually works there now had that Shrimp and Pasta so I ate all of hers after I finished my steak,and I never eat anything off someone elses plate ever but it was so damn good.A ISOC member KOKI9290 asked me how it was and how much?My reply was fuck I dont know its like monopoly money to me!LOL

DCIronman
02-16-2010, 07:41 AM
Ate at this place last Tuesday and was pleasantly surprised. One of the waitresses there worked at Rocky's for years, and is a really sweet girl. She actually recognized me from previous trips and convinced me to try the place out.

I had the seafood paella. It was absolutely wonderful with huge pieces of lobster, and plenty of shrimp and assorted shellfish. And it had the crust on the bottom that is essential for a good paella. One of the more expensive items on the menu. But totally worth it, as they give you enough for three people. I actually ate on it for two days.

Beads
02-16-2010, 10:42 AM
Ate at this place last Tuesday and was pleasantly surprised. One of the waitresses there worked at Rocky's for years, and is a really sweet girl. She actually recognized me from previous trips and convinced me to try the place out.

I had the seafood paella. It was absolutely wonderful with huge pieces of lobster, and plenty of shrimp and assorted shellfish. And it had the crust on the bottom that is essential for a good paella. One of the more expensive items on the menu. But totally worth it, as they give you enough for three people. I actually ate on it for two days.

Maybe they are realizing that every review from their opening was horrible and they need to get their acts together ? :rofl:

For the prices I have heard I would still rather do Cabarete and eat on the beach.

mikelodge
02-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Uh, that "someone" was me. And I beg to differ on your assesment.

Those particular Porterhouse steaks had been "dry aged" in Lou's reefer for 10 days.
Then, the night before cooking them, I applied a special dry rub (which I laid on thick!) containing, amoung other things, some sugar and ground coffee beans. That way when you grill it over high heat, you get a nice crust formed from the dry rub (easily mistaken for being burned)

And if you look at the picture carefully, you will see that that steak is pink (not red) on the inside - cooked just as the guy ordered it: Medium rare to medium.

I prefer my own steak to be medium rare.

And I will be cooking more steaks at the Shark Bar next week for another "ISOC Steak night" for Jayman and crew.
But I guess your not interested. :wink:

Sounds like some excellent preparation wish I hadn't been between trips for that. I would have ordered on of those bad boys nice and Rare cool in the center

mikelodge
02-16-2010, 11:35 AM
just stayed week at terra linda ate breakfast a few lunches and dinners there everything was good !!!! the so called $10 chica breakfast charge only costs what the guest actually orders beautiful unless shes a pig ahaha the place isnt really opened yet talked with vincent one of the owners hes doing changes everyday wants a quality place the musicans idea came from my crew who sat at tables on sidewalk engaging the chicas when street players came by we had them stay about 1/2 hr chicas loved it crowd gathered

I only have had breakfast there once and it was good and one light luch of Mahi mahi with so side orders. It was good and fresh tasting and I wanted fish.

thirdrexx remember the skinny one on the pole at Seacrets. Well she was there again last night when two fat ones went at it in a fight but don't want to jack the TL dining so that will be in a different thread. :rofl::rofl:

thirdrexx
02-16-2010, 03:13 PM
ahaha we nicked named her the monkey :cheesygrin: my other buddy did her ahahaha shes a animal--------------now back to scotch and sirloin

Festy
05-12-2010, 11:41 PM
If Scotch n' Sirloin is the Restaurant in the Terra Linda then I ate there twice in March this year. Once for dinner and then the next morning for breakfast. I don't recall the prices so they must have been in line with what I was accustomed to paying at other restaurants but I would have to say food quality for both meals was VERY GOOD and I will certainly be back there in June. Will report back with prices.

mikelodge
05-12-2010, 11:54 PM
If Scotch n' Sirloin is the Restaurant in the Terra Linda then I ate there twice in March this year. Once for dinner and then the next morning for breakfast. I don't recall the prices so they must have been in line with what I was accustomed to paying at other restaurants but I would have to say food quality for both meals was VERY GOOD and I will certainly be back there in June. Will report back with prices.

Yes Sir you are correct that's it. As a fellow Chicagoan albeit hiding in the northwoods we know our food. I would love to have the Mahi Mahi tomorrow for breakfast. I will be stuck eating some venison steak and fried potatoes with onions.

dukes1963
05-13-2010, 09:23 AM
My amiga and I ate there last Thursday night-I thought it was real good,we both had the Steak and Lobster. I did stay at the hotel, I thought the complimentary breakfast in the morning was better than your normal free breakfast. If I remembe right you have a choice of 2 eggs, or french toast, pancakes or fruit plate.

Passport Playa
05-13-2010, 09:36 AM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_108274ba79c69c1bb8.jpg (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=75507) http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_108274ba79ab9e4ec0.jpg (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=75506) http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_108274ba79aa1a0228.jpg (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=75505) http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_108274ba79c99e63d5.jpg (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=75509) http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_108274ba79d98eec44.jpg (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=75519) http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_108274ba79ccdf1cb9.jpg http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_108274ba79ce1cc700.jpg (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=75512) http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_108274ba79cf2374e8.jpg (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=75513) http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_108274ba79d297ced7.jpg (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=75514)

The Mac Man

Festy
05-13-2010, 01:54 PM
Yes Sir you are correct that's it. As a fellow Chicagoan albeit hiding in the northwoods we know our food. I would love to have the Mahi Mahi tomorrow for breakfast. I will be stuck eating some venison steak and fried potatoes with onions.

....and FREE refills on Coffee too. I like coffee with my breakfast and the FREE refills are nice. My last trip to Rocky's they were charging for EACH cup of coffee, not sure if the changed that policy. Can't remember but like 25-35 pesos a cup. New Garden was still offering FREE refills with breakfast, I like the breakfast there too...when the kitchen isn't busy.

mikelodge
05-13-2010, 05:58 PM
....and FREE refills on Coffee too. I like coffee with my breakfast and the FREE refills are nice. My last trip to Rocky's they were charging for EACH cup of coffee, not sure if the changed that policy. Can't remember but like 25-35 pesos a cup. New Garden was still offering FREE refills with breakfast, I like the breakfast there too...when the kitchen isn't busy.

Free is my favorite 4 letter word preferably followed by Sex. :lol:

Apos
05-14-2010, 02:35 AM
I never look that closely at my bill but believe that coffee is still free with a breakfast...2 cups anyway. If you only have coffee it's somewhere around 30 pesos for 2 cups, total, not each. Still hard to beat unless you're buying that nasty stuff from a street vendor for 10+ pesos a thimble full, jejeje
Once upon a time there were people that would come in, use the free wifi ALL DAY and drink 'free' coffee all day, occupying tables that paying customers could have been seated at and paying basically nada. not fair to the owner or the rest of us IMO....

JD426
05-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Free is my favorite 4 letter word preferably followed by Sex. :lol:
A friend of mine used to annoy me with "i know where to get the best price on this or that" . Finally i got tired of it and said " is it BETTER than free".. no? , then STFU already.........:rofl:
but some places will nickel and dime you. I wont name them here.but one of them will never get my money again.

Im definitely gonna try Scotch and Sirloin, maybe the Surf and Turf..

Once upon a time there were people that would come in, use the free wifi ALL DAY and drink 'free' coffee all day, occupying tables that paying customers could have been seated at and paying basically nada. not fair to the owner or the rest of us IMO....

But thats just silly.. its free WITH YOUR MEAL. thats just common sense.
why would management allow such a thing ?

mikelodge
05-14-2010, 02:32 PM
A friend of mine used to annoy me with "i know where to get the best price on this or that" . Finally i got tired of it and said " is it BETTER than free".. no? , then STFU already.........:rofl:
but some places will nickel and dime you. I wont name them here.but one of them will never get my money again.

Im definitely gonna try Scotch and Sirloin, maybe the Surf and Turf..

But thats just silly.. its free WITH YOUR MEAL. thats just common sense.
why would management allow such a thing ?

Like that 26% tax and service fee some add and still expect a tip in some dumb wood box like I am going to fill it up with more tip money :lol:

JD426
05-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Like that 26% tax and service fee some add and still expect a tip in some dumb wood box like I am going to fill it up with more tip money :lol:
Worse than that is a restaurant which has a BIG SIGN outside that Presidentes are 75 pesos, and then u get your bill and they are 100 pesos each.
not naming names... and then + the 26% which fucks up the bill big time, esp if its padded already .

but I dont want to hijack this thread esp since its about GOOD FOOD AT THE SCOTCH AND SIRLOIN.. where i DO plan on having a couple meals.

Festy
05-14-2010, 02:53 PM
I never look that closely at my bill but believe that coffee is still free with a breakfast...2 cups anyway. If you only have coffee it's somewhere around 30 pesos for 2 cups, total, not each. Still hard to beat unless you're buying that nasty stuff from a street vendor for 10+ pesos a thimble full, jejeje

Three of us ate FULL Breakfast orders off the menu. NO WiFi usage. The girls each had O.J. and I had 3 cups of coffee....ALL 3 cups of coffee we listed on the bill. Yes, it was around 30 pesos a cup so it was 90 pesos for 3 cups of Joe in addition to paying for my meal....and the girl's meals. Years of travel to Cuba has encouraged me to EXAM the bill when it comes to the table for accuracy. Mistakes happen, often times HONEST mistakes.

imrealareyou
06-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Three of us ate FULL Breakfast orders off the menu. NO WiFi usage. The girls each had O.J. and I had 3 cups of coffee....ALL 3 cups of coffee we listed on the bill. Yes, it was around 30 pesos a cup so it was 90 pesos for 3 cups of Joe in addition to paying for my meal....and the girl's meals. Years of travel to Cuba has encouraged me to EXAM the bill when it comes to the table for accuracy. Mistakes happen, often times HONEST mistakes.

i saw mad laptops being used on tables, maybe wifi was down the day you tried.

Beads
06-17-2010, 04:05 PM
You always have to examine the bill in the DR. If you dont mind a padded bill then hey thats your choice. I have seen some majorly padded bills in Classicos and Latinos for example over the years. Guys acting like bigshots and the waiter politely asks if you want to run a tab. Then at the end of the night when the bill is 16,000 pesos and your drunk good luck arguing how many mysterious drinks ended up on your bill.

imrealareyou
06-17-2010, 04:51 PM
You always have to examine the bill in the DR. If you dont mind a padded bill then hey thats your choice. I have seen some majorly padded bills in Classicos and Latinos for example over the years. Guys acting like bigshots and the waiter politely asks if you want to run a tab. Then at the end of the night when the bill is 16,000 pesos and your drunk good luck arguing how many mysterious drinks ended up on your bill.

yes always examine, for instance 3 of us got the special cheesburger for the day at scotch and....

well when the bill came there was 2 specials on their and 1 sirloin burger which cost double of the special so we had to have them change it. totally agree to review but nothing to be to anal about.

i also never run a tab with bartenders i dont know here in the states so i for sure would not be running no tab at a bar in sosua. i pay beer by beer since most are using cash anyway, if you are using a credit card that would be different.

hugrad95a
06-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Coming up HU's review of Scotch and Sirloin

hwyrider37
06-17-2010, 06:18 PM
I stayed at TL about 3 weeks ago, I thought the breakfast was very good there, tried about everything they offered, I agree with Festy, I like my coffee in the mornings with breakfast. After the second day the waiter got tired of re-filling my cup and just left the pot on the table every morning after that. We ate there as a group one night, there was at least 10 of us, and the dinner was real good, and the portions were hefty. I wouldn't say cheap, but real competitive compared to most places there. To bad TL raised there rates since then and ( at least what they told me ) no more promotional deal or discounts for paying cash. Rooms start at 69.00 now. I'm going back end of Aug and think I'm just going to stay at NG. The Wi-Fi worked when I was there, but I notices weak signal and some down time the week I was there. Had to go to NG to use Wi-Fi a few times.

imrealareyou
06-17-2010, 07:09 PM
yeah the portions were pretty big with everything i ordered for sure.

the chicken breast i noticed was small and even the assistant manager jennifer said that when they brought it to her. i heard her tell her dad it was the smallest chicken breast she has seen.

TONYTNT40
06-17-2010, 07:26 PM
The food was good, and the free breakfast was made to order and not a buffet. They also had lunch specials. They had wireless at the pool and in the restaurant. You can still get the $59.00 special. At that price the TL blows away any Hotel in Sosua.

deezl
06-17-2010, 07:28 PM
yeah the portions were pretty big with everything i ordered for sure.

the chicken breast i noticed was small and even the assistant manager jennifer said that when they brought it to her. i heard her tell her dad it was the smallest chicken breast she has seen.

jennifer's breasts, on the other hand... :lol:

imrealareyou
06-17-2010, 09:00 PM
jennifer's breasts, on the other hand... :lol:

yeah on the other hand is right. she is really cool, i talked to her several times and i think i was the only one that did. she is very unapproachable but i dig that and she gave a little tude and was very short when i said something to her the first time but she is there to run a business and hates it there because she has no friends around.

i liked her hair :)

deezl
06-17-2010, 09:24 PM
yeah on the other hand is right. she is really cool, i talked to her several times and i think i was the only one that did. she is very unapproachable but i dig that and she gave a little tude and was very short when i said something to her the first time but she is there to run a business and hates it there because she has no friends around.

i don't think the lack of friends is really why she doesn't like it there - i think it's more the sosua environment. she grew up in (i think) miami, her father basically gave her the place to run and put a ton of money into it and no matter how you look at it - it's a whore town. so, on the one hand she obviously wants the place to do well, but on the other hand she's got to cater to mongers to do it and i don't think she's too thrilled about that.

but yeah, once you penetrate the exterior where she comes off like a bit of a hardass, she's actually pretty cool.

TONYTNT40
06-17-2010, 10:04 PM

Jennifer is cool, very friendly girl and she will keep it short because, she knows why were there, and she doesnt want to give the wrong impression. Vicky on the other hand, tries to act unapproachable,but she is very approachable. She is going for the long game an you have to come at her from a different angle. She is going to be expensive, (that free pussy always is). I think she already has a WU novio, and he's already set the precedent.

swiggy
06-17-2010, 10:05 PM
i saw mad laptops being used on tables, maybe wifi was down the day you tried.

you need an access code for the wifi there which you get at the front desk. my touchpad was broken and my mouse wouldnt work in the dining area. the second day i tried my touchpad worked out there??? I wasnt crazy about the restaurant there, a little cheesy about the free breakfast... one egg, how much do freakin eggs cost there? morning service was a bit slow but i think they just need another person for the morning, the guy next to me came after me and was done with his breakfast before i got mine. had dinner there too, the ribeye... half was good and half wasnt. my girl had fish and she didnt like it so much and didnt feel well about an hour later, we ended up staying in that night. price was 1900 pesos which is not expensive if the food was really good but it was just ok in my opinion.

imrealareyou
06-17-2010, 10:17 PM
you need an access code for the wifi there which you get at the front desk. my touchpad was broken and my mouse wouldnt work in the dining area. the second day i tried my touchpad worked out there??? I wasnt crazy about the restaurant there, a little cheesy about the free breakfast... one egg, how much do freakin eggs cost there? morning service was a bit slow but i think they just need another person for the morning, the guy next to me came after me and was done with his breakfast before i got mine. had dinner there too, the ribeye... half was good and half wasnt. my girl had fish and she didnt like it so much and didnt feel well about an hour later, we ended up staying in that night. price was 1900 pesos which is not expensive if the food was really good but it was just ok in my opinion.

that sucks. maybe the cook didnt like you? one egg, thats weird.

didnt have ribeye but had the palomina steak with onions and it was fire.

imrealareyou
06-17-2010, 10:19 PM
Jennifer is cool, very friendly girl and she will keep it short because, she knows why were there, and she doesnt want to give the wrong impression. Vicky on the other hand, tries to act unapproachable,but she is very approachable. She is going for the long game an you have to come at her from a different angle. She is going to be expensive, (that free pussy always is). I think she already has a WU novio, and he's already set the precedent.

everyone liked vicky, i didnt see much. julianne has a fat ass.

TONYTNT40
06-17-2010, 10:22 PM
everyone liked vicky, i didnt see much. julianne has a fat ass.

Vicky has a phatty, I didnt get a chance to see Juliannes, because she always wears a big skirt, but she is fine though. Whats up with Vickies eyes?

jimrock187
06-17-2010, 10:45 PM
I stayed at the Terra Linda.. great hotel, a step up from NG. Breakfast was great. Food and service was alot faster than NG.

Had dinner at scotch and sirloin, I thought the food was great.

imrealareyou
06-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Vicky has a phatty, I didnt get a chance to see Juliannes, because she always wears a big skirt, but she is fine though. Whats up with Vickies eyes?

contacts?

but which vicky you talking about? the one working the bar by the pool right? and julianne always had jeans or pants on. i think we are confusing the women lol.

deezl
06-18-2010, 12:11 AM
contacts?

but which vicky you talking about? the one working the bar by the pool right? and julianne always had jeans or pants on. i think we are confusing the women lol.

there's only one vicky there as far as i know.

i think julianne is new, she wasn't there when i stayed at the TL in May, there was a tall, kinda snooty girl whose name was (i think) eugenia there then.

the girls at the upstairs bar are all very cool - miriam, kayla, yulissa, and mio. talked a lot with miriam because her english is very good, she'd just come over from the sosua bay resort where things were apparently really slow. nice girl. kayla's not my usual type but i want to fuck the hell out of her. something really hot about that girl.

and just to keep the food talk going - try the lechon asado!

TONYTNT40
06-18-2010, 09:47 AM
contacts?

Yes, Vicky is the one that works the pool bar, she didnt have contacts, but her eyes were shaped funny, I cant explain it, when I was close to her , her eyes looked weird. I may be confused about Juliane, I always chetted with this white American girl, with big tits and curly hair, I knew she worked there but never saw her do anything, so I assumed she was the manager, but I never saw her in jeans.

hugrad95a
06-18-2010, 11:53 AM
Vicky, she is cool peoples make sure you tip her well she can pour a mean as drink.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v567/249/35/614730392/n614730392_4940126_1425.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v567/249/35/614730392/n614730392_4940117_9023.jpg

Gutter Meat
09-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Just back from lunch at the Scotch n Sirloin restaurant. So the special on the sidewalk for buffalo wings 195 pesos. Was pleasantly suprised the place was nice , good service, food came out fast and hot. It came with 10 meaty buffalo wings with side of BBQ sause and blue cheese....a small side salad and french fries. With a water the total price came to 235 pesos including tax.

I was the only customer in the place.. hard to tell how they manange to stay open during slow season. I looked down at the pool and saw nobody except for the bar tenter at the pool.

princepointe
09-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Just back from lunch at the Scotch n Sirloin restaurant. So the special on the sidewalk for buffalo wings 195 pesos. Was pleasantly suprised the place was nice , good service, food came out fast and hot. It came with 10 meaty buffalo wings with side of BBQ sause and blue cheese....a small side salad and french fries. With a water the total price came to 235 pesos including tax.

I was the only customer in the place.. hard to tell how they manange to stay open during slow season. I looked down at the pool and saw nobody except for the bar tenter at the pool.

It was the same when I went. The place is good.

Don Alejo
09-23-2010, 10:20 PM
The included breakfast at TL.. is it from Scotch and Sirloin really, or some separate hotel kitchen? If anyone's had it, what's in it, typically? I.e. huevos, platanos, y tocino.. or.. lol more like pan y mantequilla?

hugrad95a
09-23-2010, 11:43 PM
You can get eggs bacon and toast, pancakes, french toast, or my favorite Mangu eggs, cheese and salami.

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy226/hugrad95/P1014983.jpg

chicmatic
09-24-2010, 12:05 AM
never had a bad meal here...only thing I don't like is the tax...which I come to expect now...so it's no big deal.

never seen it packed, most times, I've been the only person in there too

papirazzi
01-10-2011, 08:13 AM
Just came back from a stay at Terra Linda, and I ate at this restaurant many times, the food was great. What had me hooked was that they actually had Ceviche on their menu & being the Ceviche lover that I am, I had to try it. I have to say it was good! I will be eating here again.

Gutter Meat
06-15-2013, 03:12 PM
New Brick oven pizza , Scotch & Sirloin...

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=78315&d=1371323381

Gutter Meat
06-15-2013, 03:18 PM
The wood burning oven, great pizza ...

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=78317&d=1371323861

Gutter Meat
06-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Preparing the pizza at Tera Linda...

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=78318&d=1371323984

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=78319&d=1371324184

Gutter Meat
06-15-2013, 03:25 PM
Wood burning oven, Tera Linda...

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=78320&d=1371324297

Gutter Meat
06-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Wood fired brick oven pizza...

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=78321&d=1371324409

sopranostingray
06-15-2013, 03:40 PM
This is the 9th pizza place within 1km of downtown. What makes it different? and will they actually be able to make a decent pizza. My favourite is New Pizza and Bologna is second. All others pretty much suck.

deezl
06-15-2013, 03:45 PM
This is the 9th pizza place within 1km of downtown. What makes it different? and will they actually be able to make a decent pizza. My favourite is New Pizza and Bologna is second. All others pretty much suck.

which one is New Pizza? There are so damned many now I don't know one from the other..

Apos
06-15-2013, 04:12 PM
I've had decent pizza at many places in Sosua, but everyone's taste is different.

Avalon on calle del Ayuntaniento is very authentic
Bailey's is good
Bologna's is very good
D'Colores (sp?) is good
Rocky's can be very good
Many like Oh LaVache
Orchidee has always had good pizza
The Pizza place past Rhumba heading towards the beach, run by the Italian lady is very good. Belle Italia perhaps??/
There's a good place on the beach between Big D's and Rubi's that is very good...can't think of the name
The place behind The Spot is very good...New Pizza, thanks Sting :p

I'm sure there are more but they all begin to blend together after a while, lol

Most are not even close to NYC pizza but for the rest of us there's a lot of decent options in my Canadian opinion :p:lol:

sopranostingray
06-15-2013, 04:26 PM
which one is New Pizza? There are so damned many now I don't know one from the other..

It's the one next to "The Spot Lounge"

Gutter Meat
06-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Oh LaVache was my favorite but I believe they went out of business.

Apos
06-15-2013, 05:13 PM
I didn't know that. They were open when i was there in January but ....shit happens I guess.

It is closed or did something else open in their spot?

Oh LaVache was my favorite but I believe they went out of business.

Gutter Meat
06-15-2013, 06:48 PM
D'Colores on Dr. Rosen? Out of business too.

Apos
06-15-2013, 07:07 PM
Not just moved again? That's a shame.

Gutter Meat
06-16-2013, 06:06 PM
a lot of people were doing take out at New pizza. Place is run by Italians.

deezl
06-16-2013, 07:42 PM

most (if not all) of the italian restaurants in town are. there are a lot of italians in sosua.

TNT72
06-16-2013, 07:49 PM

We killed quite a few pizza's in D'latins in January from this place.

Goober17
06-16-2013, 09:19 PM

not closed...just moved location...heading out of town take a left at SuperSuper,go all the way to intersection & take a right & it's on the right just before the camodo

Apos
06-16-2013, 10:27 PM
Sounds like pretty much where it used to be.

thanks!

not closed...just moved location...heading out of town take a left at SuperSuper,go all the way to intersection & take a right & it's on the right just before the camodo

sopranostingray
07-01-2013, 06:23 PM
We had the pizza at Scotch and Sirloin tonight and it was awesome. Many choices available, but we had the fiery hawaiin. It was loaded with topping and the sauce and crust were perfect. 495 pesos for a large one. It's my new favourite next to New Pizza. Had Baileys last week and the sauce is just too sweet and the price was 750..too much money for what you get. In my opinion, nothing in Sosua comes close to S&S pizza.