PDA

View Full Version : Need cheap stay for 2 weeks in BC

FnB
01-03-2010, 03:29 AM
Hey, I will be visiting Boca Chica for the first time in mid Feb 2010 and would like to find a cheap stay for 2 weeks as I will be on a budget...the cheaper the better. If anyone from the board is going to BC at this time, let me know as it would be great to hook up with some veterans of the BC scene.

dukes1963
01-03-2010, 06:49 AM
I would check out Hotel Costalunga. $40 per night-large 2 room units with refrigerator
and safe. About 2 blocks up the hill from Duarte

prtyr2
01-03-2010, 08:04 AM
Hey, I will be visiting Boca Chica for the first time in mid Feb 2010 and would like to find a cheap stay for 2 weeks as I will be on a budget...the cheaper the better. If anyone from the board is going to BC at this time, let me know as it would be great to hook up with some veterans of the BC scene.

You may want to check out Casona Piedra because if you have 500 pesos in your shoe you can apparently stay all week and they will even run out and get you food ;-)

This is a joke BTW, costa longa is a good suggestion.

MrHappy
01-03-2010, 08:50 AM
There is a ton of pensiones in Boca Chica, but you're not going to find them until you hit the ground.

To be on the safe side, make a reservation at Costalunga for one night to be safe, although I don't think it's ever full anymore, and ask around for something cheaper after you get there.

Or, when you arrive just head into town, ask any motoconcho to drive you around to some of them, and ask.

Most are geared towards european travelers, and I've known of ones that are as little as 10 bucks a night, with hot water even..

SeaWeed
01-03-2010, 09:18 AM
mi have stayed at these but it's been awhile;

Burbujas
809-523-6813
1 block from beach. Air.
No pool. 25-35/night.

Madejra
C/ Abraham Nuņez #1, Esq. Dominguez
1/2 block from beach
$25-35/night depending on season
Air, cable TV

Europa (beside Madejra)
$35/night depending on season
Air, cable TV
(http://bocachicabeach.net/images/hotels/burbujas2.jpg)there was a couple running the Europa but I hear they are gone.....too bad as they ran a nice operation

Europa and Madejra are pratically on the beach........

I did check out a lot of places and did find them as cheap as $10/night like Mr Happy said......but these would be further up from the beach etc etc......which isn't a big deal cause it's only a 5-10 minute walk to the beach from most any hotel or motel in Boca Chica

FnB
01-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Thanks for all the info, If somebody can give me a name or info of a place in the 10-20 bucks a night range that would be great as staying a few blocks off the beach is not a problem.

Roy
01-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Thanks for all the info, If somebody can give me a name or info of a place in the 10-20 bucks a night range that would be great as staying a few blocks off the beach is not a problem.

Casa de Pierna - that is where "allegedly" D'Arcy stayed for 700 pesos. Hotel Mango is right across the street. Haven't been there but appears to be a great deal, D'Arcy "allegedly" stayed 7 - 8 days.

trini44
01-06-2010, 08:57 PM
do not stay at Hotel Mozart. cheepy hotel but the lounge is cool

tomgueguen
01-07-2010, 05:14 PM
do not stay at Hotel Mozart. cheepy hotel but the lounge is cool

Hotel Mozart is 15$/night.

Not so bad and very cool at night as it's a late spot for the chicas who don't want to go back home without money.

I remember getting out a chica from there who had not the money to pay for her hotel. So I propose her 500 to do me and my buddy and she accepted.

Roy
01-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Hotel Mozart is 15$/night.

Not so bad and very cool at night as it's a late spot for the chicas who don't want to go back home without money.

I remember getting out a chica from there who had not the money to pay for her hotel. So I propose her 500 to do me and my buddy and she accepted.

Now thats my kind of place, and my kind of chica! I'm there next trip for a couple days... how far from the beach? does it have a pool?

SeaWeed
01-08-2010, 12:36 PM
it's probably up from the beach about ten minutes or less you a fast walker.........

the guy that runs the Black Box on Sosua Beach use to run the bar der at Mozart and not sure if him anyting to do with the rooms at the Mozart.......

chit mi never found any Chica for 500 Peso's in BC..........:rolleyes:

tomgueguen
01-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Now thats my kind of place, and my kind of chica! I'm there next trip for a couple days... how far from the beach? does it have a pool?

No pool but 5 minutes up from the beach.

It's located on a street where many chicas pass up and down to go to the beach, the center of the town or the discos.

tomgueguen
01-08-2010, 08:59 PM
the guy that runs the Black Box on Sosua Beach use to run the bar der at Mozart and not sure if him anyting to do with the rooms at the Mozart.......

Yes, this dutch guy was running the hotel, including the bar and the rooms.

Then Mozart has been closed (probably for him not paying the good people to stay open late).

Now it's runned by a guy from argentine.

shagashaga
01-24-2010, 03:50 PM
HOTEL MOZART ROCKS!!!!!

From my point of view... the BEST place in BOCA CHICA "PERIOD"

Rooms are 500 pesos (for about 2 hrs) and 800 peso to stay all night long.

Last week I was in the mozart bar with my buddy drinking some presidentes and decided to rent a room just in case... Minutes later my buddy went to the room with a girl for a BJ, couple hours later was my turn.

Definetively THE BEST PLACE - SAFE and DISCREET

Take a look: http://www.youtube.com/bocachicadr

whoreseeker
01-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Does anyone having a working email for the hotel Mozart? I tried the webform on their website but no answer in a week. I'm in need of a place to stay for a night as I get into SDQ at 2230hrs and I'll be heading to Sosua the following day so I plan on hitting a cheap hotel with girls onsite and Mozart seems to tick both boxes.

greydread
01-28-2010, 03:55 PM
Does anyone having a working email for the hotel Mozart? I tried the webform on their website but no answer in a week. I'm in need of a place to stay for a night as I get into SDQ at 2230hrs and I'll be heading to Sosua the following day so I plan on hitting a cheap hotel with girls onsite and Mozart seems to tick both boxes.

http://www.mozartbocachica.com/ (http://www.mozartbocachica.com/)

assholes have several generations of website up. You owe me a Presidente (research tax)

whoreseeker
01-28-2010, 05:38 PM
http://www.mozartbocachica.com/ (http://www.mozartbocachica.com/)

assholes have several generations of website up. You owe me a Presidente (research tax)

I'm afraid the website you posted in you're reply isn't much use to me as it's the one where I filled in the webform to book a room and nobody replied, so I'm asking if someone has an alternative means of contacting the Mozart hotel. If there isn't a direct email address then perhaps a phone number?

greydread
01-28-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm afraid the website you posted in you're reply isn't much use to me as it's the one where I filled in the webform to book a room and nobody replied, so I'm asking if someone has an alternative means of contacting the Mozart hotel. If there isn't a direct email address then perhaps a phone number?
http://www.mozart-bocachica.com/

Try the phone #'s on this one. I wouldn't trust online reservation anyway. The D.R. isn't really an "on line" kind of place. It's always better to talk to a person, get their name and call back for verification from someone else.

trini44
01-28-2010, 06:56 PM
WOW!!!!! thats definetly a better Hotel mozart than what i stayed in. Your right the owner is different than the guy i knew. he used to let me ride his pasola around for free. The lounge is off da chain now from your youtube vid. i may have to reconsider BC for a trip

shagashaga
02-01-2010, 02:37 PM
http://www.mozart-bocachica.com/

Try the phone #'s on this one. I wouldn't trust online reservation anyway. The D.R. isn't really an "on line" kind of place. It's always better to talk to a person, get their name and call back for verification from someone else.

Their new website is without the dash, www.mozartbocachica.com the one with the dash is from the old administration.
Phone is 809-751-3134 got it from business card.

And the guy told me online reservation works.

husl2001
02-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Their new website is without the dash, www.mozartbocachica.com the one with the dash is from the old administration.
Phone is 809-751-3134 got it from business card.

And the guy told me online reservation works.

OK, so burning question: why BC for two weeks? Do you have business in the South Coast?

If not you'll find that, if you're looking for a fun touristy holiday in a beach town, everything - meaning EVERYTHING - is far superior on the north coast.

I mean, it's not even close. I did BC as my first trip to DR back in 2002. Came with a large crew. Despite reports that Sosua was the place to be, we relented to one guy who loved to talk but hated listening and had no damn common sense. The trip was just ok (our best night chica-wise was actually at Remington Palace in SD), and nobody went back to DR for four years.

The next time, we ditched the guy and did Sosua and Cabarete. We booked another trip six weeks after that, and then two months after that. Since then, we go every three months or so. My worst trip has been amazing in comparison. That's because it's like night and day.

Just a thought. Either way, enjoy your vacation.....

SeaWeed
02-01-2010, 06:24 PM
OK, so burning question: why BC for two weeks? Do you have business in the South Coast?

If not you'll find that, if you're looking for a fun touristy holiday in a beach town, everything - meaning EVERYTHING - is far superior on the north coast.

I mean, it's not even close. I did BC as my first trip to DR back in 2002. Came with a large crew. Despite reports that Sosua was the place to be, we relented to one guy who loved to talk but hated listening and had no damn common sense. The trip was just ok (our best night chica-wise was actually at Remington Palace in SD), and nobody went back to DR for four years.

The next time, we ditched the guy and did Sosua and Cabarete. We booked another trip six weeks after that, and then two months after that. Since then, we go every three months or so. My worst trip has been amazing in comparison. That's because it's like night and day.

Just a thought. Either way, enjoy your vacation.....dat tru.......mi first went to Boca Chica in 2002 and then 2006 which I thought was pretty inexpensive for pussy.......but then I found Sosua in 2009......no comparision

plus the Chicas in Boca seemed were more expensive......not as many........and not as stunning as Sosua

MrHappy
02-02-2010, 07:56 AM

Just a thought. Either way, enjoy your vacation.....

You got that right. I positively, absolutely, could not do 2 weeks in Boca Chica. No way. And I used to LIVE THERE for 3 years!!!!!!

Comparing Boca Chica to Sosua is like comparing the food between a hole in the wall place that makes one kind of sandwich, and the buffet on a cruise ship.

tomgueguen
02-02-2010, 08:50 AM
You got that right. I positively, absolutely, could not do 2 weeks in Boca Chica. No way. And I used to LIVE THERE for 3 years!!!!!!

You used to live 3 years in Boca Chica??

greydread
02-02-2010, 09:58 AM
On the subject of South Coast beaches, has anybody been through Juan Dolio lately? There has been a lot of new construction going on and I was wondering if any of it was coming to fruition. The construction process seemed extra slow even before the recession hit. Any recent progress?

MrHappy
02-02-2010, 10:05 AM
You used to live 3 years in Boca Chica??

Yep, sure did. late 80's, early 90's.

MrHappy
02-02-2010, 10:07 AM
On the subject of South Coast beaches, has anybody been through Juan Dolio lately? There has been a lot of new construction going on and I was wondering if any of it was coming to fruition. The construction process seemed extra slow even before the recession hit. Any recent progress?

Yayow and I were there this past weekend. Things are happening, but you really got to look to see them.

What's NOT happening is improvements to infrastructure. That make the whole place feel like it's abandoned...

whoreseeker
02-06-2010, 06:03 AM
To update on my previous posts, Pablo from Mozart responded to the webform I completed on their website and apologised for the delay in getting back to me. I'm now booked in an aircon room for $30 p/n and he will arrange a car to pick me up from SDQ for $15 so all in I'm a happy chappy. Watch this space for a post trip report...