PDA

View Full Version : Wadin' in the Water, Dominican Style

gmalet
01-05-2010, 06:22 AM
This video clip was taken December 20, the night of a torrential rainstorm in Sosua

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzyFaa8TirM

ErikS
01-05-2010, 08:41 AM
Yep, that looks about right. I was at a birthday party that night at El Toros (down at the other end of the strip - past Passions) with JD-Mine and Tony Toca.
Our rental car stalled out in the water on the way home. Had to leave it by the side of the road and "wade" home.
(They towed the car away the next day and gave us a new one)

blacksultan
01-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Yep, that looks about right. I was at a birthday party that night at El Toros (down at the other end of the strip - past Passions) with JD-Mine and Tony Toca.
Our rental car stalled out in the water on the way home. Had to leave it by the side of the road and "wade" home.
(They towed the car away the next day and gave us a new one)

Same thing happened to me and a friend in MDE on my third trip. It is was in a taxi. I didnt get soaking wet though. I refused to. Strategic movement, I guess.

kris boog
01-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Wonder if any chicas actually came out that night... that would be determination.

mikelodge
01-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Wonder if any chicas actually came out that night... that would be determination.

They wouldn't want to get their hair wet :lol:

mikelodge
01-05-2010, 09:56 PM
This video clip was taken December 20, the night of a torrential rainstorm in Sosua

YouTube- Wadin' in the Water, Dominican Style (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzyFaa8TirM)

Awesome, but it still looks better than the weather up here.
Some of the people are getting a bit stir crazy.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_160414b43fb89a3683.jpg (javascript:void(0))

sonrisa
01-05-2010, 10:06 PM
I've also witnessed a few of those torrential rainstorms in Costa Rica and saw water moving considerable faster down the streets than my car. On my first trip to the DR, I was in a big storm on my way to Puerto Plata. On my way back to Sosua I saw a used car lot half-way between the two cities with water up to the windows in the cars. Made me think twice about ever buying a used car in the DR. However, I've never seen the water up and into Club 59. Kind-of looks pretty with the neon lights. Classicos would have been the place to shop that night!

swiggy
01-05-2010, 11:39 PM

I was there and there were about 30 or 40 chicas out that night. 5 or 6 were very fuckable. Classicos was fairly empty, the 3 amigas from the other thread showed up about 1am. There was 1 chica that i saw downstairs in Merengue that made my jaw drop, my novia slapped me for staring at her. I never saw her before and believe me she was noticable. All the bartenders were really dressed up because they had their Christmas party earlier that night.

Dragonlorde
01-06-2010, 12:57 AM
Damn, I have had to step through a few street ponds during a rain in Sosua and Cabarete, but nothing like this.

Still, I have to agree it is better was we have had in DC over the last month. COME ON FEBURARY!!!!! :D

knotty
01-06-2010, 08:31 AM
i've been in Sosua when it was like that. it was actually my 1st trip, Sept, 2004, and a tropical storm hit the fucking area. The place was flooded, but it's interesting how all that water disappears with no sewage system.

Roy
01-06-2010, 11:43 AM

They have "problemas", and "necessita leche, comida, pampa". Yes they are out every night, but I keep getting reports that it's still raining a lot down there. Got a buddy trenched in the Sosua Abajo and he says about every other day the river rises into the streets there.

He said last night he was out, and it was "only gringos and putas", and I asked him "what's the problem with that". Awwwe.... these guys that "wife up" forget what they went for in the first place.

BTW.... 18 degrees on the U.S. gulf coast right now.

mikelodge
01-06-2010, 05:23 PM
They have "problemas", and "necessita leche, comida, pampa". Yes they are out every night, but I keep getting reports that it's still raining a lot down there. Got a buddy trenched in the Sosua Abajo and he says about every other day the river rises into the streets there.

He said last night he was out, and it was "only gringos and putas", and I asked him "what's the problem with that". Awwwe.... these guys that "wife up" forget what they went for in the first place.

BTW.... 18 degrees on the U.S. gulf coast right now.

I sure enjoyed it New Years Eve when it was warm and sunny. I will bring the sun back down with me this weekend to the Sunshine State :lol:

rdmatheny
01-09-2010, 09:49 PM
That is some crazy shit, especially they way they do electrical work in the D.R. With all the lights on its amazing there ain't no electrocutions going on. Takes one bad wire to touch the water and you'd be fishing out dead gringos and putas the next morning.:eek: