PDA

View Full Version : Guard arrested in Quebecer's murder at Dominican resort

amun999
01-05-2010, 06:09 PM
http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Guard+arrested+Quebecer+murder+Dominican+resort/2402914/story.html
http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/local/2010/1/5/34381/Murder-of-Canadian-Norwegian-rock-Puerto-Plata-resort-region

kris boog
01-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Damn. Sobering.

ChicaSeeka
01-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Always make sure you tip the security guy , ya never know when you may need a friend :eek:

mikelodge
01-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Always make sure you tip the security guy , ya never know when you may need a friend :eek:

Excellent advice and I would always add to that Bouncers at a Club you frequent.
What's a few bucks a couple of times a day. I spill more than that and it has paid off more than once.

At home you might get by with a kind word and your good name but remember traveling anywhere especially out of the US the $ speak the loudest.

naptime
01-06-2010, 03:17 AM
i feel the same way.

on all our trips, we have given food and drinks and beer to our security guards (i like to think it makes a differance)

at the club, i make sure to take good care of the barmaids.

at latinos, we always tip and buy drinks for the guard there. he takes very good care of us. sometimes it can get a bit annoying, when noone else is doing anything for him, so when he gets thirsty, he comes lookin for us for another presidente..

but, like ya said, i spill more than that sometimes. whats an extra couple of drinks, when i know its gonna help to keep me safe through the trip. (and it paid off on the last trip - details in my upcoming trip report)

jensenspecial
01-06-2010, 12:06 PM
I repeat that this story is very odd, it did NOT happen at any resort, it was some private residence probably with a guard close in the barrio of Maranatha. Nothing like that ever happend at any horel or resort with regular security service at Sosua/El Batey, so of course we as business owners in Sosua are very concerned about the way the news article is published with no research about the circumstances of this terrible crime whatsoever. Pls everybody as long as you stay in a regular hotel, do not mix with the low ass dominican wanna be players to buy drugs or hookers from them you are SAVE !!!!!!
best regards,
Peter

SeaWeed
01-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Pls everybody as long as you stay in a regular hotel, do not mix with the low ass dominican wanna be players to buy drugs or hookers from them you are SAVE !!!!!!
best regards,
Peter
same goes for any place in Paradise.......especially Jamaica.......

WickedWillie
01-06-2010, 01:17 PM
i feel the same way.

on all our trips, we have given food and drinks and beer to our security guards (i like to think it makes a differance)

at the club, i make sure to take good care of the barmaids.

at latinos, we always tip and buy drinks for the guard there. he takes very good care of us. sometimes it can get a bit annoying, when noone else is doing anything for him, so when he gets thirsty, he comes lookin for us for another presidente..

but, like ya said, i spill more than that sometimes. whats an extra couple of drinks, when i know its gonna help to keep me safe through the trip. (and it paid off on the last trip - details in my upcoming trip report)

Usually helps them go to sleep!!

By the way IMO always tipping and buying drinks etc merely reinforces the rich gringo stereotype. I know it's only a few bucks but they know you have spent bigger bucks on flights/hotels and will spend mega bucks on pussy too so in a way you are demonstrating their worth to you by spending 100 pesos on a beer as opposed to 1,500 or so for a fuck.

If it makes you feel good to do that then by all means continue but always be aware of the message that your actions are sending.

mikelodge
01-06-2010, 04:59 PM
I repeat that this story is very odd, it did NOT happen at any resort, it was some private residence probably with a guard close in the barrio of Maranatha. Nothing like that ever happend at any horel or resort with regular security service at Sosua/El Batey, so of course we as business owners in Sosua are very concerned about the way the news article is published with no research about the circumstances of this terrible crime whatsoever. Pls everybody as long as you stay in a regular hotel, do not mix with the low ass dominican wanna be players to buy drugs or hookers from them you are SAVE !!!!!!
best regards,
Peter

So then where are the real players to buy these hookers from :rofl:

I think I will stick to the room behind the pool at Passions with the Jungle Theme where I feel safe with Felina to love me and that big tall long legged Kimberly to protect us. :lol:

mikelodge
01-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Usually helps them go to sleep!!

By the way IMO always tipping and buying drinks etc merely reinforces the rich gringo stereotype. I know it's only a few bucks but they know you have spent bigger bucks on flights/hotels and will spend mega bucks on pussy too so in a way you are demonstrating their worth to you by spending 100 pesos on a beer as opposed to 1,500 or so for a fuck.

If it makes you feel good to do that then by all means continue but always be aware of the message that your actions are sending.

Just a wild thought but I have noticed at many places both in the U.S and especially in 3rd world countries that often times the staff is related or are very close friends that work together. Example a maintenance or security guy that is related or friends with the women that clean your room.

Senario-- You tip security and the maid and you get an extra clean room and maybe a couple extra towals and flowers sometimes ect. and that extra watchful eye out for you when a girl is leaving or when you are walking in or out of the hotel on the street. As opposed to stiffing them with no tip at breakfast which since it is included you think why tip. She might be the housekeeper one day too and your pillow gets the same pillow cases or one off the floor.

Notice if you have an apartment and leave a few dirty dishes and they do them and it results in no tip how the service will slide in some places.

I not a germaphobe but like it as clean and safe as possible and a couple extra bucks can buy.

But I agree not to buy them drinks they don't need that as much as the money which isn't forgotten as fast.