PDA

View Full Version : Hello gentlemen

FnB
01-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Hi everybody, my name is Tim, and I am a monger :lol:.

I have been browsing the forum for a long time but almost never posted. Had plans to visit BB's a few years ago, but went somewhere else instead.

I made a reservation at BB's for the late February for four nights and am really looking forward to it. Never been to the DR before and my Spanish is very basic but after reading many reports in the premium section and other areas of the forum I feel like I know plenty already which is a testament of how helpful many of you fellas were in sharing the necessary bits of information of where,who,what,how and how much. I'd be lost without ISOC, no doubt about it.

I'm supposed to arrive on Feb 22 so I was wondering what's the weather like in POP area and overall situation at BB's around this time of year. I'm coming on Monday and leaving on Friday, so I'd imagine I'll miss most of the action(bikini contest,etc) but since I'm traveling solo this time and don't know my way around, it may be for the best. Any advise or info would be highly appreciated.

Once again, brilliant site and great read from many of you guys on various subjects.

Jimmydr
01-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Very nice post. There should be many ISOC guys all around as well as guys from other boards. think it might get chilly at night that time of the year. I forget.

PapiQueRico
01-08-2010, 07:04 PM
This is a great tool. Put in the city and country and then go to "history." Just plug in the dates of your visit over the past couple of years and you will get an idea of what to expect. It works for just about anywhere.

www.weatherunderground.com (http://www.weatherunderground.com)

FnB
01-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Very nice post. There should be many ISOC guys all around as well as guys from other boards. think it might get chilly at night that time of the year. I forget.

This is a great tool. Put in the city and country and then go to "history." Just plug in the dates of your visit over the past couple of years and you will get an idea of what to expect. It works for just about anywhere.

www.weatherunderground.com (http://www.weatherunderground.com)

Thanks guys.

greydread
01-08-2010, 10:45 PM
think it might get chilly at night that time of the year. I forget.

Yeah...it might go all the way down to 70f

He forgot.....

mikelodge
01-08-2010, 11:54 PM
Yeah...it might go all the way down to 70f

He forgot.....

The low is forcast for all of next midweek to be 67 and 68 with a high of 74 on Tuesday. Burr Perfect compared to that shit ass humid crap they had the end of October that sucked. :corky:

Jimbo44
01-09-2010, 12:04 AM
I have been to the DR almost every month of my 12 trips, and do not ever recall it being below 80 deg. including Feb.

septimodragon
01-09-2010, 11:12 AM

I have been browsing the forum for a long time but almost never posted. Had plans to visit BB's a few years ago, but went somewhere else instead.

I made a reservation at BB's for the late February for four nights and am really looking forward to it. Never been to the DR before and my Spanish is very basic but after reading many reports in the premium section and other areas of the forum I feel like I know plenty already which is a testament of how helpful many of you fellas were in sharing the necessary bits of information of where,who,what,how and how much. I'd be lost without ISOC, no doubt about it.

I'm supposed to arrive on Feb 22 so I was wondering what's the weather like in POP area and overall situation at BB's around this time of year. I'm coming on Monday and leaving on Friday, so I'd imagine I'll miss most of the action(bikini contest,etc) but since I'm traveling solo this time and don't know my way around, it may be for the best. Any advise or info would be highly appreciated.

Once again, brilliant site and great read from many of you guys on various subjects.

Hey fellow Monger,
I will be at BB's end of this month (Jan 27) or (o) (en espanol) enero 27.
Been to the DR/RD many many times but always bypassed BBs. My brother and I have heard some great things about the joint and made up our minds to pay them a visit. We have previously done the Santiago, Puerto Plata, "Playa Dorada -tourist trap", Sosua, Cabarate scene. Stayed at FOD (under Leno and then Billys remanagement and also been to New Garden a few times in Sosua and Casa Linda.

I will give a full report on the current BB scene at a later date... Interested in knowing if any other ISOC Mongers will be there between Jan 27-Feb 1 2010? If so PM me and I will keep an eye out for you.

Tiger
01-09-2010, 12:01 PM

Make sure you do a night or two in Sousa. You won't regret it.

Beads
01-09-2010, 12:14 PM
If its not raining expect it to be hot during the day and possibly nice and cool at night. Nothing like what you would expect for winter but a comfortable 65-70 at night and 80s-90 during the day. Good beach weather and nice sleeping weather at night with the windows open to feel a nice breeze.

whatever
01-09-2010, 01:42 PM
I'm supposed to arrive on Feb 22 so I was wondering what's the weather like in POP area and overall situation at BB's around this time of year.

Make sure you bring long pants or jeans for after dark as there are mosquitos there no matter what the weather.

FnB
01-09-2010, 04:11 PM
One more question fellas.

I have called the BB'S over the phone on Friday and booked the room for the above mentioned dates. I was told that they did receive my submitted form and were going to send a confirmation e-mail tomorrow( meaning today).

I'm about to buy an airline ticket so I was wondering, from your previous experiences, do I call them back to make sure or it's just a formality?

ralphie1
01-09-2010, 04:34 PM
One more question fellas.

I have called the BB'S over the phone on Friday and booked the room for the above mentioned dates. I was told that they did receive my submitted form and were going to send a confirmation e-mail tomorrow( meaning today).

I'm about to buy an airline ticket so I was wondering, from your previous experiences, do I call them back to make sure or it's just a formality?

book your ticket. they will send the confirmation. usually during the work week, you get a response back from bb to an email in 24 hrs , give or take. weekends, have gotten a response on sunday already but typically it will be during working hours when i have gotten my email back

they reaffirm the reservation several weeks out. if they dont email you to reaffirm, you email or call them. i prefer the email as it creates a trail

FnB
01-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Guys, what is BB's policy on taking pictures or filming?

I read pretty much all the recent threads and trip reports but most of the pics are of the bikini contests which I'm not going to be present for. I also have found a thread about posters not being able to upload girls' pics on ISOC anymore. That aside, is it OK to bring the camera or camcorder to BB's and what is the procedure?

Do you talk to the management in advance or only talk it over with a girl in private? Thanks for your help.

Tiger
01-26-2010, 08:11 AM
Guys, what is BB's policy on taking pictures or filming?

I read pretty much all the recent threads and trip reports but most of the pics are of the bikini contests which I'm not going to be present for. I also have found a thread about posters not being able to upload girls' pics on ISOC anymore. That aside, is it OK to bring the camera or camcorder to BB's and what is the procedure?

Do you talk to the management in advance or only talk it over with a girl in private? Thanks for your help.

WTF?? What did I miss??

Jimmydr
01-26-2010, 08:12 AM

Where was I when we had that meeting?

greydread
01-26-2010, 09:07 AM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/87594b5ef6b4c4506.jpg

"Thuffering Thuccotash !"

FnB
01-26-2010, 09:31 AM
Where was I when we had that meeting?

I meant this thread

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=82174

weyland
01-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Make sure you bring long pants or jeans for after dark as there are mosquitos there no matter what the weather.
Good advice, but as you seem like a gentleman I imagine you will wear long pants in public all the time. If not, you may be mistaken for an American. :rolleyes:

FnB
02-27-2010, 11:56 AM
Just got back from the place last night.

This was my first visit to the DR, and I must say it was both a pleasureable experience and a learning curve for a rookie.

The minute you arrive at the POP you feel like you made it to Paradise. On the way to the customs the half naked chica in the native costume poses for pictures and right next to the 10 $ "Tarjeta Tourista" booth another beauty hands out shots of rum. God, I wish every place I travel to had this kind of welcome.

I get outside and see the BB's sign, wave to my driver and he helps me with the suitcase to the old beat up van. The driver is a young kid named Jonathan, very friendly although barely speaks any English. That along with my almost non-existent Spanish make our conversations quite short but he goes ourt of his way to point out to me all the interesting sights to see as we drive through Puerto Plata. Two things caught my attention, first was chicas on the back of motoconchos which I was already aware of in theory after reading ISOC reports and a school we passed on the way. The school looked like an old storage room that hasn't been repaired or re-painted in a couple of decades and I couldn't help feeling sorry for the young kids that have to spent their teen years in that dump, but it was a timely reminder where I was and how little these people have to live on.

Arrived at BB'S around 2 pm, got to the desk and was met by the daytime manager Tim. He gave the basic layout of the house rules, I paid for the cab and a room and went upstairs to my single deluxe suite at the top floor.

More to follow.

P.S. I have a few videos I have made during my stay with Flip HD cam but the size is too big to upload it here using the "File Upload Center'.

Tiger
02-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Sounds like a great report coming up!!

shue07
02-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Great will be waiting for the report... I have yet to pull the trigger for a trip mid April.... All the lousy weather in the US is making it hard to reach the airlines to fix an issue with previous airline ticket.

FnB
02-27-2010, 02:17 PM
Took a shower, unpacked, changed and went down to the bar for a drink.

Before I could take a few sips, I'm cornered by two chicas offering me a happy hour(don't remember the names but I think the blonde one was in one of Mirage's trip reports ). I must admit I'm not capable of turning down pretty women offering me sex, let alone when there's two of them ganging up on me alone. Five minutes later we're up in my room and I'm doing my best impression of John Holmes in Johnny Wadd series and girls are playing the parts of exotic strippers the private dick that I am is about to investigate in a very thorough manner. Now if that's not a solid start to a fantasy vacation, I don't know what is.

I spent most of my stay with one girl though, her name is Kristal, I'm sure BB's regulars know her. I know some here look down on "wifeing up" as a waste of time and money and the opposite of what true mongerism is all about but I guess we're all different and plus, traveling to the DR for the 1st time, alone, with a little to no Spanish and only for three days I felt I needed a companion to feel my way around. Kristal is a smart and savvy chica, very popular with other girls and hotel staff and seems to have a decent personality.She speaks some English and understands it very well, she also went out of her way on a few occasions to make my stay easier than it could have been and I'd imagine those are the kind of things that make us going back to this tropical paradise over and over again. Yes, the sex is great but there's more to it. These Dominican girls have a natural born ability to play the GFE part to a "t" and I think what makes it so good is that some of it is actually genuine. You pay the dinero and treat them nice and they give back the kind of love and attention you won't get from a Western woman in your lifetime. It's a welcome change to spend your vacation in a place where feminism never happened and women still know how to please their men.

FnB
02-27-2010, 02:20 PM
I shot some clips of Blackbeards, including the disco night, the inside of my suite and also, the beach. Nothing racy, so don't get your hopes up, but those who have never been to Barba Negra could get the general idea what it looks like and those who did could get nostalgic.

I'll try to upload the videos on Dailymotion, due to size restrictions here.

Some more thoughts on my trip later.

gdogg
02-27-2010, 02:25 PM
I was wondering what happened to you. Glad you had a great trip and want to return. Looking forward to the vids and pics. The vids can be managed using other video sites and then placed here. This site can only manage/edit pictures.

FnB
02-27-2010, 03:14 PM
This is Lucha - the mamasan, great woman,lots of fun and always ready to help.

http://i50.tinypic.com/29wmgib.jpg

FnB
02-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Landing at POP airport.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xce7w7_landing-in-pop-airport_travel

Blackbeards -view from the top balcony

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xce9v8_blackbeards-view-from-the-top-floor_travel

FnB
02-27-2010, 05:36 PM
Costambar Beach

http://i46.tinypic.com/m9lmba.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/zvsufc.jpg

Blackbeards - view from the top floor

http://i47.tinypic.com/mvooaq.jpg

Pizzeria "Sole Mio" right outside of the Blackbeards

http://i50.tinypic.com/10ygyl3.jpg

FnB
02-27-2010, 05:45 PM
My room at Blackbeards

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xce9td_blackbeards-single-deluxe_travel

Mamasan Lucha - Tetas Don't Lie

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcea4n_lucha-tetas-don-t-lie_travel

Mamasan Lucha - Tetas Don't Lie (Night Remix) - Bigger,Longer & Uncut

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcea4z_lucha-tetas-don-t-lie-remix-bigger_travel

birnam
02-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Rosealba is no longer the mamasan?

FnB
02-27-2010, 07:10 PM
Rosealba is no longer the mamasan?

She is, as far as I know.

I just never had a chance to meet her or John (the manager) while I was there. Lucha is a mamasan #2, second in command after Rosalba, if I remember correctly.

FnB
02-27-2010, 08:08 PM
Videos from the disco night on Thursday. Sorry fort the quality, Flip is far from ideal when it comes to shooting in the dark places.

Delania dancing

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xceb5r_disco-night-at-blackbeards-1_travel

Lilybeth dancing (don't know the name of a blonde that gets in front of her)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xceb8l_disco-night-at-blackbeards-2_travel

fastfood98
02-27-2010, 08:15 PM
Keep em coming...and my next destination will change!

Patoine1
02-28-2010, 06:58 AM
Good to see you had a good time Bob!

dunedain
02-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Good to hear your report bob, I'm eatin it up

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/106324a9c9466b1525.gif

I know that feeling about BB's, I had the same feeling you did when I first went there and still have the same feeling everytime I go back. This is why BB's is one of my favorite places to go in DR. Great staff (Jose & co.) and good women. Perfect vacation. Your report just makes me anticipate my next visit there more.

LJDMV
02-28-2010, 01:11 PM
Bobrivers: Did any of the chicas you saw at BB offer bbbj during your session with them?

Took a shower, unpacked, changed and went down to the bar for a drink.

Before I could take a few sips, I'm cornered by two chicas offering me a happy hour(don't remember the names but I think the blonde one was in one of Mirage's trip reports ). I must admit I'm not capable of turning down pretty women offering me sex, let alone when there's two of them ganging up on me alone. Five minutes later we're up in my room and I'm doing my best impression of John Holmes in Johnny Wadd series and girls are playing the parts of exotic strippers the private dick that I am is about to investigate in a very thorough manner. Now if that's not a solid start to a fantasy vacation, I don't know what is.

I spent most of my stay with one girl though, her name is Kristal, I'm sure BB's regulars know her. I know some here look down on "wifeing up" as a waste of time and money and the opposite of what true mongerism is all about but I guess we're all different and plus, traveling to the DR for the 1st time, alone, with a little to no Spanish and only for three days I felt I needed a companion to feel my way around. Kristal is a smart and savvy chica, very popular with other girls and hotel staff and seems to have a decent personality.She speaks some English and understands it very well, she also went out of her way on a few occasions to make my stay easier than it could have been and I'd imagine those are the kind of things that make us going back to this tropical paradise over and over again. Yes, the sex is great but there's more to it. These Dominican girls have a natural born ability to play the GFE part to a "t" and I think what makes it so good is that some of it is actually genuine. You pay the dinero and treat them nice and they give back the kind of love and attention you won't get from a Western woman in your lifetime. It's a welcome change to spend your vacation in a place where feminism never happened and women still know how to please their men.

Passport Playa
02-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Will someone please contact Delania and extend her an invitation to The StewFest?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xceb5r_disco-night-at-blackbeards-1_travel

The Mac Man

FnB
02-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Good to hear your report bob, I'm eatin it up

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/106324a9c9466b1525.gif)

I know that feeling about BB's, I had the same feeling you did when I first went there and still have the same feeling everytime I go back. This is why BB's is one of my favorite places to go in DR. Great staff (Jose & co.) and good women. Perfect vacation. Your report just makes me anticipate my next visit there more.

It was awesome, man.

The staff was really friendly and accomodating and girls are a lot of fun and are well run by the mamasans.

There were only a couple of problems I have encountered while there but none of them had anything to do with the hotel.

First, the mosquitoes. Yes, I was warned in advance but those Dominican bloodsuckers were as much in love with my gringo blood as the chicas are in love with the US dinero. Funny thing is, they don't bother locals but quite a few guests had to use the sprays that were stocked behind the bar counter.

The water. I had trouble always trying to remind myself not to drink any tap water or even clean my teeth with it, you use bottled water for everything. You can obviously shower with it but I wouldn't recommend swallowing any portion of it or even rincing your mouth with it.

FnB
02-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Bobrivers: Did any of the chicas you saw at BB offer bbbj during your session with them?

I have to say, I never asked for it since I'm a "safety first" kind of a guy, so can't help you with that info, pal.

I was asked by Lucha to fill out a questionnaire on my last day and one of the questions was whether all the girls used protection while with me.
You can obviously lie but keep in mind that you may well get the girl in trouble by mentioning that she was ok with bbbj.

weyland
02-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Well-written report, Bob. My first visit to the DR was to Blackbeards and I barely stepped outside the premises for two weeks. Started a love affair with the DR which led to my moving here permanently six months ago so I will always have a soft spot for the place.

However there are other places to see and other chicas to do here and I hope next time you come you may have a bit more time to explore further afield. You would be most welcome to dine with me in Puerto Plata as a modest start.

There were only a couple of problems I have encountered while there but none of them had anything to do with the hotel.

First, the mosquitoes.
Not totally true. A sustained extermination policy by the management would go a long way to eliminating them, but I guess it is not worth the trouble as only a minority of us seemed really bothered by them.

The water. I had trouble always trying to remind myself not to drink any tap water or even clean my teeth with it, you use bottled water for everything. You can obviously shower with it but I wouldn't recommend swallowing any portion of it or even rincing your mouth with it.
Yes, not worth spending your holiday in the toilet just to save a few seconds brushing your teeth. Use bottled water. As for showering, even that can give you skin problems. Still, we can't worry about everything or we would never be here.

FnB
02-28-2010, 03:05 PM
I'll add more of my thoughts later but before I forget I want to chime in on something.

I'm not the type of a person to pass the judgment on anyone, but I wish some mongers would treat the girls better. It's a third world country with an underdeveloped economy and a massive unemployment rate. Many of the chicas have got pregnant very young and were stuck raising the children alone without any support from a kid's father. I don't know what I'd do in their place but like that guy Jesus said, before looking down on me why don't you try and walk in my shoes (or something to that extent).

Most of the guests were a good natured cheerful lot but there were a few assholes who acted like they owned the place (and the chicas) and truth be told, needed a good hard slap to bring them back to reality.

I know some would disagree and point at many cases of chicas taking advantage of gringos and cite my lack of experience of dealing with them but here's what I'm trying to say. I'm not advocating WU kind of relationships or some kind of "save a chica" rehab program/personal projects.

What I do believe in, is treating people fairly and respectfully, as long as they return the favor, no matter who these people are and what they do for a living. I believe everyone deserves that.

Jimmydr
02-28-2010, 03:14 PM
I'll add more of my thoughts later but before I forget I want to chime in on something.

I'm not the type of a person to pass the judgment on anyone, but I wish some mongers would treat the girls better. It's a third world country with an underdeveloped economy and a massive unemployment rate. Many of the chicas have got pregnant very young and were stuck raising the children alone without any support from a kid's father. I don't know what I'd do in their place but like that guy Jesus said, before looking down on me why don't you try and walk in my shoes (or something to that extent).

Thats not our business that the Gov't doesn't care. They can make laws but they say fuck it.

But thanks for your 2 cents.

FnB
02-28-2010, 03:41 PM
I also would like to thank ISOC members Ralphie1, Patoine and Ter319 for sharing the info on Blackbeards before my visit. You guys have been very helpful and I appreciate it.

FnB
02-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Well-written report, Bob. My first visit to the DR was to Blackbeards and I barely stepped outside the premises for two weeks. Started a love affair with the DR which led to my moving here permanently six months ago so I will always have a soft spot for the place.

However there are other places to see and other chicas to do here and I hope next time you come you may have a bit more time to explore further afield. You would be most welcome to dine with me in Puerto Plata as a modest start.

Thanks a lot for the invitation, weyland. I may take you up on it in the future.

Not totally true. A sustained extermination policy by the management would go a long way to eliminating them, but I guess it is not worth the trouble as only a minority of us seemed really bothered by them.

You're right, it's just I'm one of those unfortunate ones that mosquitoes and other troublesome incects always attracted to, and having a sensitive skin doesn't help. But it is what it is and it's a minor discomfort on a large scale of things.

dunedain
02-28-2010, 04:39 PM
:smile:good stuff bob, I've never had any problems with the mosquitos when there luckily. I've not yet found the reason why. I have noticed that the members who go during the US winter months seem to mention it more than those like myself that go during the summer months. I don't know if that is a factor or not but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Yeah, the bottled water is premium. Points well made and report well done. We seem very like minded, maybe we will cross paths down there if you happen to go back in the summer months.

Oh yeah, regardless of what your plans were before going to BB's, you will end up back there quicker than you can imagine. After my first time there, I said I would be back the following year without a doubt. I got some lucky days off work and I was back there 3-4 weeks later.:lol: Prepare yourself for it, its like the movie Blade "the thirst always wins!!!!"

FnB
02-28-2010, 05:10 PM
A few words on the flight.

Never used JetBlue before so I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of legroom you get. Me being a six feet tall guy I always have problem during flights when there's no space to stretch your legs.

The downside is, they don't serve any food unless you count a tiny bottle of water/can of soda plus a bag of chips. I know it's a relatively cheap flight and 3,5 hours isn't a lifetime to go without having a bite but I still feel JetBlue could do a bit more in that department.

FnB
02-28-2010, 05:22 PM
:smile:good stuff bob, I've never had any problems with the mosquitos when there luckily. I've not yet found the reason why. I have noticed that the members who go during the US winter months seem to mention it more than those like myself that go during the summer months. I don't know if that is a factor or not but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Yeah, the bottled water is premium. Points well made and report well done. We seem very like minded, maybe we will cross paths down there if you happen to go back in the summer months.

Oh yeah, regardless of what your plans were before going to BB's, you will end up back there quicker than you can imagine. After my first time there, I said I would be back the following year without a doubt. I got some lucky days off work and I was back there 3-4 weeks later.:lol: Prepare yourself for it, its like the movie Blade "the thirst always wins!!!!"

I know what you mean,man.

I was totally depressed on my flight home to NYC. Leaving this sunny paradise full of hot sexy latinas after only three days and four nights for snowy and cold Big Apple was almost too much to bear.

I also had a misfortune to be seated next to a young Dominican chick with a little daughter who spent the whole trip bitching, moaning and kicking. By the end of the flight I was convinced she was the female version of Damien from "Omen" and was ready to give a "good shlap in a moush" as Sean Connery would put it, to her for being a Satan's seed, her mother for mating with the Devil and the whole US government for not implementing the law to prohibit the children under certain age from boarding the planes.

FnB
02-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Another thing I noticed.

I was aware of how some of the BB girls look like thanks to the ISOC trip reports with pics but was actually suprised how much shorter they look in real life (the photos make them look taller). Most chicas I've seen there are around 5'2'' - 5'4'', although they all are very well put together and very attractive.

insular
02-28-2010, 08:11 PM
I am on my way there tomorrow and I cant wait! Thanks for the report!

shue07
02-28-2010, 08:55 PM
I am on my way there tomorrow and I cant wait! Thanks for the report!

Have a great trip.... looking forward to some updates when you return

Jimbo44
02-28-2010, 10:33 PM
First, thanx for sharing, and glad u had a good time, Sosua of course must be your next adventure. On the water...... I even bring my own hard plastic forks and knives to eat out with. Plastic cups as well. I have been good so far the last 6 or so trips!!!

Revolutionrock77
02-28-2010, 10:49 PM

I'm not the type of a person to pass the judgment on anyone, but I wish some mongers would treat the girls better.

Hey Bob:

i know exactly what you are talking about. Seeing the way some of the guys relate to the girls and country in general has made me feel the same way. A lot of it comes down to how you understand poverty, and I think this relates to different monger mindsets.

THis is a big over generalization, but I believe there is truth in these two extremes:

Some people believe that the poverty is caused by individual deficits: no education, lazy, poor work ethic, over consumption, etc. These are the guys who see the people as "backwards" , and believe themselves to be culturally superior. This is reflected in the way they treat others. They order the girls around and talk down to them as if they were stupid. They seemed to be on power trips. POlitical talk at the bar that bordered on racist. SOmetimes they come off as stereo-typical ugly Americans.

Another group believes that the poverty is related to systemic injustices: a legacy of racism: from slavery, through colonialism, military occupation, and unfair economic policies of the present. Although there may be truth to some personal deficits among individuals, this perspective does not see that as the principal cause of poverty. THis is reflected in the way this monger would treat the girls with respect, as equals. With empathy.

That said, there are probably a lot of people somewhere between these two positions.

A few times at BB's, I met too many of the first mindset and felt better just keeping to myself. IT made me question for a minute if mongering was actually wrong for me. But in time, I did meet through this board some people with a wide range of opinions, but all nice people who treated the girls decently and seemed to good people all around.

maohui
03-01-2010, 07:00 AM
First, the mosquitoes. Yes, I was warned in advance but those Dominican bloodsuckers were as much in love with my gringo blood as the chicas are in love with the US dinero. Funny thing is, they don't bother locals but quite a few guests had to use the sprays that were stocked behind the bar counter.

Mosquitoes in place like the DR normally mean malaria is also a problem, no?
I expect to stay at BB' March 4-11, anybody wants to share ride to Sosua?

FnB
03-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Another clip from the disco night.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcf0zu_disco-night-at-blackbeards-3_travel

weyland
03-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Mosquitoes in place like the DR normally mean malaria is also a problem, no?

Malaria is spread by night-biting mosquitoes. It is only endemic in certain areas of the DR, none of them on the North Coast.

Dengue fever is one you might worry about. This is spread by a daytime-biting variety of mosquito and at times is relatively common on the North Coast. I know a few gringos who have caught it. It comes in many versions from mild 'flu-like symptoms to incurably fatal but the latter is very rare among healthy adults.

The difference is that you can 95% protect against malaria by taking a course of Malarone in the prescribed way but there is no pre-prevention of dengue.

Having said that, these things are relative. You are much more likely to be killed or injured on or by a motoconcho than catch dengue fever.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound very cheerful either. :(

OK, let's start again. Forget about malaria and dengue and enjoy your trip! :) If you stay in gringo-orientated areas the chances of catching either are extremely remote and, if you are still worried, you can minimise them further by taking normal precautions against bites (cover up arms and legs around sundown, use repellent creams on exposed skin, spray your room before going out for the evening, don't have the lights on when doors or windows are open, etc).

FnB
03-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Another piece of advice for those traveling to BB's for the first time.

Before arrival I was under the impression that you can only charge all your food and drinks to your room and pay the bill later in USD, which is what I did during my stay. However, there were plenty of guests that paid for food & alcohol with pesos when ordering them and next time I go there I'd probably go with that option.

I'm not sure if you save any money by doing one thing or the other, it's just for me personally it's easier to budget my trip knowing exactly how much I've already spent and how much have got left, rather than find out the whole amount at the checkout on your last day.

The thing is, when you tend to get drunk and get carried away, you spend money more easily and when you don't actually see it coming out of your pocket, it's spent at a faster speed. Kind of like people buying expensive shit they can't afford with a credit card and then get surprised when they receive the bill.

This is not a knock on Blackbeards in any way because they give you a choice, all I'm saying is, with an abundance of alcohol, beach party atmosphere and being surrounded by sexy chicas all day and night long you have to be responsible with the way you spend your money and pick an option that works for you.

shue07
03-01-2010, 05:06 PM
First, thanx for sharing, and glad u had a good time, Sosua of course must be your next adventure. On the water...... I even bring my own hard plastic forks and knives to eat out with. Plastic cups as well. I have been good so far the last 6 or so trips!!!

Might be a dumb question :confused:.... but why do you bring plastic cups, knives and forks?
Thanks

Dick Dawson
03-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Another piece of advice for those traveling to BB's for the first time.

Before arrival I was under the impression that you can only charge all your food and drinks to your room and pay the bill later in USD, which is what I did during my stay. However, there were plenty of guests that paid for food & alcohol with pesos when ordering them and next time I go there I'd probably go with that option.

I'm not sure if you save any money by doing one thing or the other, it's just for me personally it's easier to budget my trip knowing exactly how much I've already spent and how much have got left, rather than find out the whole amount at the checkout on your last day.

The thing is, when you tend to get drunk and get carried away, you spend money more easily and when you don't actually see it coming out of your pocket, it's spent at a faster speed. Kind of like people buying expensive shit they can't afford with a credit card and then get surprised when they receive the bill.

This is not a knock on Blackbeards in any way because they give you a choice, all I'm saying is, with an abundance of alcohol, beach party atmosphere and being surrounded by sexy chicas all day and night long you have to be responsible with the way you spend your money and pick an option that works for you.

Paying for drinks as you go prevents those that serve you the drinks from padding of your tab, accidental or otherwise.

FnB
03-05-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm thinking about going back to BB's for a week or so somewhere between the 20th and 30th of May.

Is it a good time to go there in terms of weather,chica selection,etc?

gdogg
03-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Might be a dumb question :confused:.... but why do you bring plastic cups, knives and forks?
Thanks

To minimize the exposure to third world tap water. It's not a necessity, but some are really cautious.

FnB
03-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Just booked another week at BB's at the end of May.

Ten more weeks and I'm back in paradise.