PDA

View Full Version : Aventura to perform in Dominican Republic next month (Feb. 13)

gmalet
01-11-2010, 06:19 AM
From Dominican Today-

To cap off a stellar year (2009), popular bachata group Aventura will be back in the Dominican Republic for a performance at the Olympic Stadium on 13 February.

Last year the Bronx-based Domincan boy band issued "The Last," their fifth studio album and first studio work in four years, which debuted on Billbord Top 200 and has sold nearly 100,000 copies in Puerto Rico and the US.

Spiced up by traces of reggaeton and hip-hop and bolstered by collaborations with Wyclef Jean, Ludacris and Akon, the disc retains the sugary sweetness and rhythmic romance that courses through Dominican bachata. It has gone on to be not only Aventura’s best-selling album but the most successful Latin release of 2009.

prtyr2
01-11-2010, 07:01 AM
And I am trying hard to schedule my travel to keep me here in SDQ for the 13th. The novia would love that concert as a valentines day present.

yayow
01-11-2010, 07:44 AM
I think I heard somewhere, they also are supposed to be splitting up as a group, and the lead singer getting ready to go solo??? So that is scheduled to be one of the last if not last concert together.

Or is this bad information :confused::confused:

psriches
01-11-2010, 08:11 PM
I think I heard somewhere, they also are supposed to be splitting up as a group, and the lead singer getting ready to go solo??? So that is scheduled to be one of the last if not last concert together.

Or is this bad information :confused::confused:That is what they say!!

weyland
01-11-2010, 09:06 PM
... the disc retains the sugary sweetness and rhythmic romance that courses through Dominican bachata.
Who wrote that moronic drivel?

As Wikipedia correctly states:
Bachata is a genre of music that originated in the countryside and the rural neighborhoods of the Dominican Republic. Its subjects are often romantic; especially prevalent are tales of heartbreak and sadness. In fact, the original term used to name the genre was amargue ("bitterness," or "bitter music"), until the rather ambiguous (and mood-neutral) term bachata became popular.

If there is any sugary sweetness in Aventura's bachata (and I am not saying there is) it is because they added it. Authentic bachata is far from that.

Crossfire1
01-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Where is Olypic Stadium? And How do I get tickets? I will be in DR During that time.

psriches
01-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Where is Olypic Stadium? And How do I get tickets? I will be in DR During that time.I usually get my tickets from Ticket Express. I go to the various outlets in town or order them.

http://www.ticketexpress.com.do/DefaultMG.asp

psriches
01-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Jimmy and I saw them in Medellin.

They put on a great show. And the chicas love them!!

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/uploaded/4209/1259990136.wmv

prtyr2
01-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Where is Olypic Stadium? And How do I get tickets? I will be in DR During that time.

It is on Kennedy and the corner of gomez. I saw chayanne there 2 years ago.

gdogg
01-12-2010, 05:11 AM

Bachata is a genre of music that originated in the countryside and the rural neighborhoods of the Dominican Republic. Its subjects are often romantic; especially prevalent are tales of heartbreak and sadness. In fact, the original term used to name the genre was amargue ("bitterness," or "bitter music"), until the rather ambiguous (and mood-neutral) term bachata became popular.

If there is any sugary sweetness in Aventura's bachata (and I am not saying there is) it is because they added it. Authentic bachata is from from that.

They definitely have some "sugary sweetness" in their songs. I get misty when I hear this one stateside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_zueF1R798

sporthobbyist
02-12-2010, 11:35 AM
I saw them years ago while I down in South beach. I was staying at a strippers apartment. She picked up tickets and I went to a club in Coconut Grove with this stripper and her stripper girlfriend. One on each arm. There were so many hot latinas, I thought I was in heaven.

JuanElGriego
02-12-2010, 06:52 PM

If there is any sugary sweetness in Aventura's bachata (and I am not saying there is) it is because they added it. Authentic bachata is far from that.

Weyland, i believe Aventura's bachata, in addition to most of the bachata popular today, is referred to as 'bachata urbana'.

Like all music, for better or worse, bachata has also evolved and right now this is what the public enjoys.

JuanElGriego
02-12-2010, 06:55 PM
They definitely have some "sugary sweetness" in their songs. I get misty when I hear this one stateside.

YouTube- Aventura - Obsesión (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_zueF1R798)

Hahahahaa .... Gdogg, i gotta laugh because Claribel had tried to dedicate a song to me but i told her nah, THIS is our song cuz for awhile she was indeed obsessed. Of course she'd get pissed when i'd start singing it "no es amor ....", but then that was the point!!!!

givengo440
02-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Weyland, i believe Aventura's bachata, in addition to most of the bachata popular today, is referred to as 'bachata urbana'.

Like all music, for better or worse, bachata has also evolved and right now this is what the public enjoys.
These dudes do there thing! Romeo the lead singer drives the chicas crazy! I brought the last it is a very very very good Studio Album and they are the TRUTH! No they are not the traditional Bachata but to me they are one of the best if not the best.