PDA

View Full Version : First trip January 28th to February 1

travelman
01-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Hi all! I am a CR regular going for long weekends often. I also have work that takes me to Asia. Needless to say I have been to Thailand a couple times every year. But I have been wanting to try the DR again. I have been once to Santa Domingo doing the houses all over the city. Had some beautiful woman but I am looking for TLN's and gfe's.. I have a room at NG.

I have read the rates are 1200ST 1800TLN is this still current?

I would like someone to explain "the strip". I would also like to hear what the bars are like? Are they mostly Freelancer bars or massage places?

Finally could you tell me about the daytime scene vs the night scene?

Sorry if this is redundant but I have a read many posts tonight and none explaining the layout or how things work are very current.

gdogg
01-12-2010, 05:01 AM
Hi all! I am a CR regular going for long weekends often. I also have work that takes me to Asia. Needless to say I have been to Thailand a couple times every year. But I have been wanting to try the DR again. I have been once to Santa Domingo doing the houses all over the city. Had some beautiful woman but I am looking for TLN's and gfe's.. I have a room at NG.

I have read the rates are 1200ST 1800TLN is this still current? Depending on your spanish, negotiating skills, and charm...absolutely!

I would like someone to explain "the strip". I would also like to hear what the bars are like? Are they mostly Freelancer bars or massage places? There are different types of bars (some frequented by mostly Europeans, others with all types of gringos, but you'll find freelancers in them. Some have more than others. You won't have any problem finding what you want. They're all within a short walking distance from where you're staying. Massage places are in different locations, for the most part.

Finally could you tell me about the daytime scene vs the night scene? Daytime scene is less crowded than at night, but it shouldn't be an issue. During the day, you'll see people coming to and from work, as well as school kids doing the same. Bars are open and the chicas are out and about!

Sorry if this is redundant but I have a read many posts tonight and none explaining the layout or how things work are very current. Oh keep reading, you'll find what you're looking for. Try the search function. Have a great trip, and be sure to do a trip report. Sometimes, things will change while you're there, and we'd like to know. Take pictures as well.
:wink:

travelman
01-12-2010, 05:58 AM
That was a great help Thank you Gdogg.

You made reference to Spanish. My Spanish is very weak. Could you tell me how you think that will impact my trip?

gdogg
01-12-2010, 06:07 AM
Not much at all. Spanish just comes in handy when getting to know a chica and getting a feel for her. It helps when you want a lower price than she's offering. But it won't prevent you from scoring...not at all! There are folks here who've been going for ten years, and their Spanish is total shit. They have no problem bringing chicas home.

You can easily learn the numbers in Spanish. Una mil (1000), mil quinientos...pronounced kenny-entos (1500), dos mil (2000), etc.

ralphie1
01-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Not much at all. Spanish just comes in handy when getting to know a chica and getting a feel for her. It helps when you want a lower price than she's offering. But it won't prevent you from scoring...not at all! There are folks here who've been going for ten years, and their Spanish is total shit. They have no problem bringing chicas home.

You can easily learn the numbers in Spanish. Una mil (1000), mil quinientos...pronounced kenny-entos (1500), dos mil (2000), etc.

just bring a pen and small notepad. if you dont understand the amount she says, write it down. be sure to put pesos behind the number you write down. this simplifies things
you both understand the amount and when she starts whining and wanting more bucks when she goes to leave, shake your head, take your pad out and show her. she will shut up and leave. she knows she isnt going to be able to play you

royhhall
01-25-2010, 02:54 PM
I just got back. My first trip to Domican Republic. I stayed 2 nights New Garden and 2 nights Terra Linda. Both good....but would reccomend only New Garden. I hardly left an area of about 1/4 square mile. Basically, I spent my time around my hotels and the block encircling them. Get the Sousa maps at this website. They will help.
Mostly night action. However, there are a few massage psarlors and freelancers.
I took an unlocked motorolla phone with me. Orange is the major celluar provider. They are around the corner from New Garden. A new sim card is 100 pesos. I bought 200 pesos of time. Worked out well. Many local chats with chicas and called USA twice. Still had minutes left.
Price?? Massage w/ sexo...500 to 1000 peso. Short time? same. All night? I never did it....well I negotiated 2000 pesos but she was so bad I kicked her out...but still paid 2000 pesos.
Hope this helps.

SeaWeed
01-25-2010, 04:27 PM
royhall could you expound more on the New Garden versus Terra Linda comparison.....just curious cause Terra Linda is the new one

Tiger
01-25-2010, 04:43 PM
royhall could you expound more on the New Garden versus Terra Linda comparison.....just curious cause Terra Linda is the new one

I would like to also know the comparison. I toured the new TL but have not stayed there. Have stayed at NG many times.

Just curious how your TL stay compared to NG.

chicmatic
01-25-2010, 09:04 PM
I just got confirmation for Terra Linda since the NG was full...

I was thinking about checking out their restaurant despite what I've heard. Why wouldn't you recommend it?

daddyooo
01-25-2010, 09:17 PM

I was thinking about checking out their restaurant despite what I've heard. Why wouldn't you recommend it?

I finally received a reply from Terra Linda after waiting for more than a month. Quoted $65 per nt with breakfast for my March trip.

Tiger
01-26-2010, 08:32 AM

I ate breakfast there last week and it was very good. Although it is tough to mess up eggs and potatoes.

royhhall
01-26-2010, 11:01 AM
New Garden vs Terra Linda , my personal experience:
New Garden has chicas hanging around. Terra Linda does not. New Garden has been operational for a long time. Terra Linda has not.
I enjoyed the atmosphere at New Garden better. Although newly remodeled, after being closed 7 years, the Terra Linda Hotel still has some bugs to work out.