PDA

View Full Version : 4 Roses Warning

nnjdave
01-15-2010, 08:36 PM
:icontd: Ollie, the long time manager of 4 Roses, has been forced out by the Austrians (I think) that bought the building. Apparently, they were running the joint in the back, and started ripping off customers, adding stuff to the tab that was never ordered. They put a good hurt on his good name, then told him he had to get out. I don"t know Ollie well, but a bar owner we all know and love vouches for him, and that's good enough for me.

I personally won't go back to the 4 Roses, and if I can find out where Ollie lands, that will be my new 2nd favorite bar in Sosua. :mad:

rushdog34
01-15-2010, 08:38 PM
this is the spot across from the chicken stand right?

:icontd: Ollie, the long time manager of 4 Roses, has been forced out by the Austrians (I think) that bought the building. Apparently, they were running the joint in the back, and started ripping off customers, adding stuff to the tab that was never ordered. They put a good hurt on his good name, then told him he had to get out. I don"t know Ollie well, but a bar owner we all know and love vouches for him, and that's good enough for me.

I personally won't go back to the 4 Roses, and if I can find out where Ollie lands, that will be my new 2nd favorite bar in Sosua. :mad:

gdogg
01-15-2010, 08:58 PM
The end of an era. Back in the old days that was the spot before hitting the clubs!

the_Jayman
01-15-2010, 09:05 PM
i still have no idea which one is which . . . after all these years . . .

gdogg
01-15-2010, 09:18 PM
You've drank at both of them many, many, many, many, times! Whichever one it was is irrelevant.

daddyooo
01-15-2010, 10:20 PM

How could you forget this beauty?

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/148364b512ff186ac9.jpg

balcoach
01-15-2010, 11:10 PM
Thats one of the dousch bag austrians behind Naomi. During my time over the holidays, Ollie told me of the exploits of these idiots and he said it was only a matter of time before he was out.

Mattias has been at the Europa, helping out around there a little bit... Mattias and Ollie are and will always be legendary on Pedro Clisante.

Guess I am gonna have to find a new spot during the day, will miss Naomi and Ramona!

swiggy
01-16-2010, 12:26 AM

Dominos is on the corner across from Europa and the narrow place right next door is 4 Roses. gdogg is right the place used to be hopping till midnight about 5 or 6 years ago. At one point they had a dance show for about an hour a night at Dominos. Flamingo (I think that was the name) was upstairs which was a strip club, i don't know if it's still there. Those two places have been a shithole full of ladronas (thieves) for about 3 or 4 years. That whole corner is the one place i avoid in Sosua when I'm there. I don't see the same faces when i drive by anymore but from this thread sounds like the same old same old. I never run any tab in DR if Ive never been in the place before, I just pull out money and pay.

gdogg
01-16-2010, 12:54 AM
I used to ask "why would anyone want to hang at the other end of PedroC?" You could leave the Palace, and be swarmed with good looking chicas. Sit at Domino/4 Roses, eat at the old chicken stand or at Susanna's, and head across the street to the old LaPassions. There were trips when I'd go to the beach just because that's where the Shark Bar was. If it wasn't for the clubs, M&M, and breakfast/computer time at Rocky's, the 4 roses area would've been my 24/7 home. But that was a long time ago. Chicas didn't know where The Romanoff or Garden Keti was. Oh well, times change. It's still great, just on the other end of the street. I've noticed I've gotten less exercise (less walking) there over the years.

Mr. Smooth
01-16-2010, 05:21 AM
Thats been one of my favorite spots since I've been coming down (3 yrs.) I don't know the guy in question who was forced out, but I hope he finds another place. I will certainly support him.

I would usually hang out in that area every few nights when taking a break from all the noise and hustle of the main clubs. Never failed to land a nice chica out of there either.

yayow
01-16-2010, 07:53 AM
Yeah used to be my daytime spot when I lived there and wanted to have an early drink or just hang out a bit. Never really hung there at night. Liked the daytime bartenders Naomi and can't remember the other one's name. And if you wanted some early hour action many chicas would be available. Haven't really hung there in more than a year and a half, so don't know how it is now, or the type of chica available during the day anymore.

The old owner was a cool dude he would be there most of the day, have a coffee and a few beers, sit and talk to friends. He used to have a picture of his girlfriend over the bar, to remind him of her, she had died a few years back at a young age.

blacksultan
01-16-2010, 08:07 AM
The end of an era. Back in the old days that was the spot before hitting the clubs!

4 roses was always my main hang out spot during the day. The Austrians are a father and son if I am not mistakened. The son is named Rene. They always struck me as halfway decent guys. Last time I was there, they were renovating the back dancefloor area--this was feb of last year.

blacksultan
01-16-2010, 08:13 AM
How could you forget this beauty?

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/148364b512ff186ac9.jpg)

Naomi is a sweetheart.

blacksultan
01-16-2010, 08:15 AM
Thats one of the dousch bag austrians behind Naomi. During my time over the holidays, Ollie told me of the exploits of these idiots and he said it was only a matter of time before he was out.

Mattias has been at the Europa, helping out around there a little bit... Mattias and Ollie are and will always be legendary on Pedro Clisante.

Guess I am gonna have to find a new spot during the day, will miss Naomi and Ramona!

That "douche bag" is Rene-- he wears glasses.

Jimmydr
01-16-2010, 08:44 AM

Everything ends in DR, sooner than it should.

I want to go back to Franks place.:mad:

blacksultan
01-16-2010, 09:00 AM

Frank did have a cool spot.

weyland
01-16-2010, 09:41 AM
Frank did have a cool spot.
I believe Frank has gone back to the States because of ill health and is unlikely to return. Can anyone confirm this? Eiither way I wish him the best. He was always very kind to me.

yayow
01-16-2010, 10:03 AM
I believe Frank has gone back to the States because of ill health and is unlikely to return. Can anyone confirm this? Eiither way I wish him the best. He was always very kind to me.

Is that the same Frank who used to live in Costambar and who's young wife died about a year ago due to illness??

Kevy
01-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Is that the same Frank who used to live in Costambar and who's young wife died about a year ago due to illness??

the same one.

vagabond
01-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Sad to hear this about the Four Roses, has been kind of an institution the more than 10 years I've been inn Sosua.

DMV
01-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Having read all these post about 4 roses, maybe you guys can clear something up for me,because as far as I'm concern..
F4roses!!! The reason I say this is:

My first two trips I would sit at 4 Roses everyday drink, laugh ,buy the girls drinks and even Fucked one of them. It was a great place to hang during the afternoon. The girls that worked there were friendly and they did their job (geting us to buy more drinks). :wink:

I would meet other guys from different places and would laugh and drink with them also. There was one guy that would sit there all day but he never said anything to me or my friends. I asked one of the girls who he was and she said he is the owner. One of my friends had to twist his arm to say hello. Day after day he would have a look like, "I DON'T WANT YOU HERE, but you're spending money so I'll put up with you."

So on the next the next trip we said F 4 roses. Some one said he didn't speak much English so maybe that's why he didn't speak (He's German or Austrian right?) Fuck you can at least say Hello or thank you.

I can say Thank you in 5 different languges and I can say Fuck you also.

Beads
01-16-2010, 06:28 PM
4roses and domino bar used to be big hangouts years ago during the late afternoon early evening. As it got dark that was the seedy end of town for sure. As you would walk towards Classicos they used to have that bench where the old chicas used to sit and try to hustle/rob tourists. We used to call it "the bench of shame". I used to love walking by and getting a beer from the grocery store and sitting on the bench with no money in my pocket and watch what was going on. Fun times.

As far as bill padding I have seen that going on since day 1 in almost every bar in Sosua. Very few never seem to have these problems. I always advise not having a running tab if at all possible and keeping track of what you eat/drink VERY carefully. Classicos and Latinos are infamous for padding the bill. I love the looks on the bartenders faces when they tell you to just pay later and I say I dont run a tab because when I want to leave im just walking out. You can charge me for the drinks as we go or dont ask for any money later. Thats my advise in those 2 places for sure.

gdogg
01-16-2010, 06:48 PM

I knew Frank's wasn't gonna last forever...it was TOO good to be true!

yayow
01-16-2010, 07:10 PM
I knew Frank's wasn't gonna last forever...it was TOO good to be true!

Sorry I missed those times at Frank's place sounds like it was a real fun time.

As far as Frank, shared many a good conversation with him, over a few drinks, he used to go down to Cuba Libre a lot, when I used to be a regular there, but we never talked about the past that much, and if we did I was too drunk to remember :p:p;)

thunderstar
01-16-2010, 09:33 PM
Frank indeed had a great place – we have a few memories of good times! He and his old dear ( Cant remember her name ) but she stayed working there after Frank left.
Always looked after us and a most hospitable manager.

Just thinking about it - Billy Lane introduced us to it in the first place! Funny how it all goes around!

gdogg
01-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Sorry I missed those times at Frank's place sounds like it was a real fun time.

As far as Frank, shared many a good conversation with him, over a few drinks, he used to go down to Cuba Libre a lot, when I used to be a regular there, but we never talked about the past that much, and if we did I was too drunk to remember :p:p;)

It would have BLOWN YOUR MIND!!! Frank and the Mrs. were good folk.

gdogg
01-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Frank indeed had a great place – we have a few memories of good times! He and his old dear ( Cant remember her name ) but she stayed working there after Frank left.
Always looked after us and a most hospitable manager.

Just thinking about it - Billy Lane introduced us to it in the first place! Funny how it all goes around!

We just called her "Ana", after the club. I thought it was her real name.

weyland
01-16-2010, 10:19 PM
We just called her "Ana", after the club. I thought it was her real name.
Yes, she was the eponymous Ana Mirian.

yayow
01-16-2010, 10:42 PM
Yes, she was the eponymous Ana Mirian.

Damn you must be bored "eponymous" :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: