PDA

View Full Version : Help, I want to have Pasta night at Passions but......

Jimmydr
02-13-2005, 08:19 AM
I do not know what those metal things are called that keeps the food warm and how much they cost! Help!!!!

gdogg
02-13-2005, 08:28 AM
Check this out

http://www.comforthouse.com/comfort/elskil12roun.html
:idea:

Tonto4
02-13-2005, 08:36 AM
The official term is bain-marie, but "food warmer" will probably work too!

passasabe
02-13-2005, 10:59 AM
Don't worry about it too much Jimmy. The food will stay warm for hours if you use the aluminum baking pans ($3 to $4 at any supermarket) covered with aluminum fool. This works reallly well with baked pasta dishes.

I'm guessing in the DR people cook with iron pots and pans. Those retain heat for long periods of time (it has to remain covered) as well if that's the case.

BROOKLYN_357
02-13-2005, 11:01 AM
I do not know what those metal things are called that keeps the food warm and how much they cost! Help!!!!

are you talking about the little sterno stoves??...little cans of blue fluid and you light it and put under the aluminum pans??

Jimmydr
02-13-2005, 11:13 AM

are you talking about the little sterno stoves??...little cans of blue fluid and you light it and put under the aluminum pans??

Yes thats it. :D

Jimmydr
02-13-2005, 11:15 AM
During the week of April 17, 2005 there will be some Pasta available at "Passions".

I am guessing around 5PM until finished. The pasta is "Free" so come on by, all ISOC members!! :P

BROOKLYN_357
02-13-2005, 11:16 AM

im not sure about the cost but i know they are cheap...that's what we sometimes use when we are in the field....they are at Walmart (my favorite shopping place)

Jimmydr
02-13-2005, 11:19 AM

im not sure about the cost but i know they are cheap...that's what we sometimes use when we are in the field....they are at Walmart (my favorite shopping place)

Now if you guys going down to Sosua can pick up 2-3 and drop them off that would be great!

passasabe
02-13-2005, 11:23 AM
Those are like $2 to $4 bucks each. They can also be found at any Party supply store. I'm planning on going to Sosua sometime in april or May (although it doesn't look like its going to happen because of a career change) and would bring some. I would also help cooking too if I'm there when it happens.

Jimmydr
02-13-2005, 11:26 AM
Those are like $2 to $4 bucks each. They can also be found at any Party supply store. I'm planning on going to Sosua sometime in april or May (although it doesn't look like its going to happen because of a career change) and would bring some. I would also help cooking too if I'm there when it happens.

More cooks means more nights with Pasta. Maybe one night it starts at 10PM. Real food at midnight in Sosua, could you picture that! 8)

WSJ3
02-13-2005, 02:34 PM
During the week of April 17, 2005 there will be some Pasta available at "Passions".

I am guessing around 5PM until finished. The pasta is "Free" so come on by, all ISOC members!! :P

Sounds like fun...

psriches
02-13-2005, 03:26 PM

More cooks means more nights with Pasta. Maybe one night it starts at 10PM. Real food at midnight in Sosua, could you picture that! 8)You can get all that stuff at a very good Dollar store....

jensenspecial
02-14-2005, 07:42 AM
I hope all this Pasta is not turning all the cute little Passion Girls into into greasy meatballs... :lol: :wink: we alll know how much they adore the food...

BrooklynBeas
02-14-2005, 08:03 AM
hey if Jimmys offering free pasta then i think Peter should offer free massages... tell me thats not a great idea!... OK well maybe a great discount or maybe presidente's something! something!

Jimmydr
02-14-2005, 08:05 AM
I hope all this Pasta is not turning all the cute little Passion Girls into into greasy meatballs... :lol: :wink: we alll know how much they adore the food...

Too bad,its not for them, well maybe Monica will get some. :twisted:

WSJ3
02-14-2005, 08:08 AM

Not to worry Peter...I am sure that I will think of some way to help the ladies burn off the extra calories.

LOL.

:wink:

freakaccident
02-14-2005, 08:13 AM
Why exactly is there going to be pasta a massage place? I don't even know why I bother to ask. I will probably be over there.

Jimmydr
02-14-2005, 08:14 AM
Why exactly is there going to be pasta a massage place? I don't even know why I bother to ask. I will probably be over there.

Its one of the places we hang, am I am bringing something to eat.

WSJ3
02-14-2005, 08:17 AM
All marathon runners eat pasta before a big race...JimmyDR is just trying to help his fellow mongers keep their energy levels high.

freakaccident
02-14-2005, 10:00 AM
Ahh ok. I get it. :lol:

D_W_
02-14-2005, 11:03 AM

Good luck getting that through cargo.

WSJ3
02-14-2005, 12:19 PM

Just check your bags at the airport.

freakaccident
02-14-2005, 12:33 PM

Just check your bags at the airport.

How light do you guys pack where you have room for all this crap?

BrooklynBeas
02-14-2005, 01:26 PM
Jimmy has clothes in DR that he keeps in his house so he only carries a back pack... I overpack and carry 2 suitcases filled with clothes for 2 weeks... I change at least 2 times a day... some guys smell like shit but dont change for a few days cause they dont give a shit...

freakaccident
02-14-2005, 01:44 PM
Jimmy has clothes in DR that he keeps in his house so he only carries a back pack... I overpack and carry 2 suitcases filled with clothes for 2 weeks... I change at least 2 times a day... some guys smell like shit but dont change for a few days cause they dont give a shit...

Im the same way. I have to have my "pimpin" clothes and my snorkeling gear.

BROOKLYN_357
02-14-2005, 04:19 PM
well for this may, i just plan on packing shorts and short sleeves...it's gonna be hot, so i'll just be switching a lot of shorts and my hotel do laundry

Apos
02-14-2005, 06:15 PM
well for this may, i just plan on packing shorts and short sleeves...it's gonna be hot, so i'll just be switching a lot of shorts and my hotel do laundry

I usually wear shorts and tshirt during the day but at night i like long pants and a button shirt. Some long sleeved but most short. Sandals and dress shoes are a must. a sweater or sweatshirt for cooler times is smart. BUT I USUALLY OVERPACK!

For May i'll be reducing the numbers and have laundry done. rocky's has a good laundry service for guests.

Black Ghost
02-15-2005, 01:30 PM

Not to worry Peter...I am sure that I will think of some way to help the ladies burn off the extra calories.

LOL.

:wink:

So their necks, throats, and (specifically cause of your little fetish) their tounges will be in great shape but what about the rest of em :wink: