PDA

View Full Version : the airport bullshit!?

Deniro
02-13-2005, 05:51 PM
do you guys get grilled at the airports? last time i was grilled for over an hour here in Toronto. they see all the stamps in my passport and pull me aside, asking why do i go there so often, what's my business there, how many locals do i know there, how much money did i spend, how do i earn my money, do i use drugs, am i smuggling drugs in my stomack... a million questions. then the guy starts giving me a lesson not to get involved in criminal activities, you're still young, don't fuck up, tell me what's going on here, I'll help you out bullshit. at the end i told him to put me on x-ray and see that I'm clean. then he says: "i know some shit is going on here, i just don't know what!". it was funny. but I'm sure he's put a mark by my name now, and from now on they'll always be pulling me aside and shit. the things we gotta go trough to get that Dominican weapon of mass destruction. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Jimmydr
02-13-2005, 05:53 PM
do you guys get grilled at the airports? last time i was grilled for over an hour here in Toronto. they see all the stamps in my passport and pull me aside, asking why do i go there so often, what's my business there, how many locals do i know there, how much money did i spend, how do i earn my money, do i use drugs, am i smuggling drugs in my stomack... a million questions. then the guy starts giving me a lesson not to get involved in criminal activities, you're still young, don't fuck up, tell me what's going on here, I'll help you out bullshit. at the end i told him to put me on x-ray and see that I'm clean. then he says: "i know some shit is going on here, i just don't know what!". it was funny. but I'm sure he's put a mark by my name now, and from now on they'll always be pulling me aside and shit. the things we gotta go trough to get that Dominican weapon of mass destruction. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I tell them I have a girl there and I pass.

BROOKLYN_357
02-13-2005, 07:15 PM
i've never got grilled...i use my birth certificate when i go...i'm going to order a new one so it won't have any stamps on the back

RearWindow
02-13-2005, 07:28 PM
I have NEVER been stopped or grilled about my travels on either end of my DR trips. (no -take that back - once when I was wearing a stupid beach shirt on my return trip from my very first trip to DR, and this was IN SDQ).
I dress conservatively, and am older , so maybe that is why I get a free pass in and out. And honestly, if you are acting a bit cagey, they will give you the biznezz. Just chill, smile, and remain calm.
Last trip there were a few brothers from NYC behind me in the screening line, bitchin up a storm about this and that.Guess what... they got the biznezz from the crew.You aren't in the USA...keep smart about that.

BrooklynBeas
02-13-2005, 08:36 PM
i never get grilled and i have 16 stamps on my birth certificate.... if they say wow you go to the DR a lot... i say yes i love the whores!... but i say women ;o)

moshy2k
02-13-2005, 10:09 PM
Hey Beas,

Do you alwyas use your drivers license and birth cert to travel to the DR or do you have a passport. Just wondering in you have ever had a problem traveleing with the drivers license and birth cert.

D_W_
02-13-2005, 11:30 PM
First of all he's from Canada not the US. You know Canada is as Politically Correct as it comes and have something against mongering. Wasn't it a shmuck from Toronto that wrote that 5 piece report on Sosua?

Deniro
02-13-2005, 11:50 PM
Wasn't it a shmuck from Toronto that wrote that 5 piece report on Sosua?

the punk was from Calgary but Toronto Sun run the reports. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Dick Dawson
02-13-2005, 11:58 PM
the punk was from Calgary but Toronto Sun run the reports. :evil: :evil: :evil:

There was a hugh thread on DR1 a few months back when the article came out. This is I'm sure one of the reasons for the crackdown.

BrooklynBeas
02-14-2005, 08:44 AM
Hey Beas,

Do you alwyas use your drivers license and birth cert to travel to the DR or do you have a passport. Just wondering in you have ever had a problem traveleing with the drivers license and birth cert.

never had a problem with the Drivers License & BC... but every time i use it they tell me that soon i will not be allowed to... i just got my passport cause im going to Colombia in a month or so... the only annoyance is you may have to wait on line to get your pic taken in DR when you come in with the birth certificate

Jimmydr
02-14-2005, 08:46 AM
Hey Beas,

never had a problem with the Drivers License & BC... but every time i use it they tell me that soon i will not be allowed to... i just got my passport cause im going to Colombia in a month or so... the only annoyance is you may have to wait on line to get your pic taken in DR when you come in with the birth certificate

Read today in the Post, there is a major war in COLOMBIA now! :(

BrooklynBeas
02-14-2005, 08:51 AM
post the link!

gdogg
02-14-2005, 09:41 AM
post the link!

Jimmy...no need to post the link, I believe you. Beas, bring your ass to Sosua!
8)

D_W_
02-14-2005, 11:17 AM
Read today in the Post, there is a major war in COLOMBIA now! :(

Colombia is safer than it's been in almost 15 years. What major war are you talking about? They've been fighting the rebels for 40 years!

You know...the more people are afraid of going to Colombia...the cheaper the girls stay. I'm going for 3 weeks later this year and I'm so glad it hasn't been ruined by the stupid "millionaire" Romantic gringos.

I"m serious...Cartagena, Medellin...here I come...no other latin American country comes even close...not even nasty Brazil.

JDR you are going to have a blast...you too Beas.

vdubman30
02-14-2005, 11:57 AM
Shit.. I'm suspect #1 when it comes to immigration,customs!!
The # of stamps + my dominican last name = mule !!!
IMHO.. Custom agent at JFK was grilling me put me aside asking dumb questions and looking through my bag!! Asking What i do for living? Why do i travel to DR so much? How much time do i spend? etc..etc.. I keep a cool head and dont give a reason to get thrown into that special room they got.. I not trying to be up in there!! I ve heard some stories from fello Dominicans who also travel back and forth..

nuhomet
02-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Shit.. I'm suspect #1 when it comes to immigration,customs!!
The # of stamps + my dominican last name = mule !!!
IMHO.. Custom agent at JFK was grilling me put me aside asking dumb questions and looking through my bag!! Asking What i do for living? Why do i travel to DR so much? How much time do i spend? etc..etc.. I keep a cool head and dont give a reason to get thrown into that special room they got.. I not trying to be up in there!! I ve heard some stories from fello Dominicans who also travel back and forth..

When flying from San Juan to STI an customs guy pointed at me I asked him what's up and he says "not you the Dominican guy behind you."
This guy had a USA Passport and was questioned for at least ten minutes.
Asked him on the plane about it and he says he always gets singled out....

freakaccident
02-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Im a regular fat white guy. I oughta be just fine. :D

BROOKLYN_357
02-14-2005, 04:15 PM
Hey Beas,

yeah, it is an annoyance to go to that room to get your pic taken....

knotty
02-14-2005, 07:52 PM
I've never had too much of a problem going through security at the airports. But no matter what, I'm always beeping going through the metal detectors. I never even realized the metrocards cause it to signal off.

Deniro
02-14-2005, 08:07 PM
maybe it's my age and clothes then. i'm 25, jeans, $120 air force ones and a $90 phat farm button up 8). am i a drug dealer? posible. :shock: :shock: :lol:

psriches
02-14-2005, 08:45 PM
Hey Beas,

yeah, it is an annoyance to go to that room to get your pic taken....never had my picture taken doing the BC thing....

Kevy
02-14-2005, 09:22 PM
That could be your problem, deniro. I am 41 and never had a problem at customs in Toronto. I n fact I have walked right through without ever having my luggage checked. Whe I was younger they would search me all the time.

Dick Dawson
02-14-2005, 11:44 PM
The last time I went thru POP, not only did I breeze through, they didn't even take the form that you get on the plane. They just stood there looking at each other while I walked right on by.

moshy2k
02-15-2005, 12:02 AM
Hey Dogwood,

1.What are the going rates for ST and TLN in Columbia????

2. Is a black guy equally safe in Columbia ??

3. How long is the plane ride ???

4. Would you lead a expedition of ISOC guys down there and keep us safe LOL

BrooklynBeas
02-15-2005, 09:30 AM
I've never had too much of a problem going through security at the airports. But no matter what, I'm always beeping going through the metal detectors. I never even realized the metrocards cause it to signal off.

Why the fuck are you takin a metrocard to DR? lmao!

BrooklynBeas
02-15-2005, 09:32 AM
$120 air force ones

HUH!?!?! those shits aint $120 what do you have the italian leather special editions?

BrooklynBeas
02-15-2005, 09:34 AM
Hey Dogwood,

1. 15 ST for most girls and in the top club... LDV its $40 TLN
2. No your gonna get killed.... j/k you will be fine...
3. From JFK- CTG including the transfer in Bogota is about 8 hrs
4. I should be ther in April... check out the sorounding land and make a path for u

D_W_
02-15-2005, 10:35 AM
Hey Dogwood,

1. 15 ST for most girls and in the top club... LDV its $40 TLN
2. No your gonna get killed.... j/k you will be fine...
3. From JFK- CTG including the transfer in Bogota is about 8 hrs
4. I should be ther in April... check out the sorounding land and make a path for u

Moshy, Beas is right on most everything...except for the flight. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT connect from Bogota. It's a fucking nightmare and the layover is unreal. Those domestic flights are notoriously late. Connect out of Miami.

Plus, never ever monger in Colombia alone on your first trips. Cartagena is relatively safe but it's still Colombia. Once you feel comfortable after a couple trips in you will be fine. But, you need someone watching your back.

DO NOT TRUST ANYONE! Don't use guides, or interpeters or cab drivers to get you around. Be firm with the touts, no need to be shy. No gracias, No quiero and walk.

Do not carry your passport or anything of value. Jewelry or excess cash.

Do not tell anyone where you are staying, pick out a hotel or building and lie if necessary.

Enjoy the food, it's probably the best in latin America.

freakaccident
02-15-2005, 10:46 AM

Im sold! Where do I sign up?

D_W_
02-15-2005, 10:53 AM

Im sold! Where do I sign up?

Freak...man it's the Mecca of Mongering. It's got beauty, adventure and culture. Alot of the women are very educated. You see this is where player skills kick in. You just need to be a little outgoing and you will get LAID. Girls are not that hardcore, sure they want to get paid but they like it as a GFE experience so they don't feel like whores.

I mean I dig DR but most chicas are as stupid as they come. I mean morons. It gets annoying because most of them are country girls. Not in Colombia, sure they're some "campesinas", but dude...these broads are sharp. Good looking and passionate.

But it takes worldly skill to move around there successfully. Unfortunately, alot mongers who have traveled there and consider themselves "experts" like the nutcases on UMVCLUB are just begging for trouble. They take too many stupid risks and it's just a matter of time before they get beat ot killed.

This ain't Sosua, you act like a "tigre" and they'll just kill you that much faster.
Do not act like the big man, because you're not.

That's my advice to everyone.

freakaccident
02-15-2005, 11:29 AM
Wow. I definitely need to check that out. Sounds like a lot of fun.

BrooklynBeas
02-15-2005, 11:46 AM
your right Dogwood... Its better to connect out of Florida but i have only checked flights from JFK-BOGOTA-CTG.... I will not be a blanco tigre in CTG... Ill just be a nice guy looking for some fun...

Deniro
02-15-2005, 01:29 PM
$120 air force ones

HUH!?!?! those shits aint $120 what do you have the italian leather special editions?

$120 canadian. sorry.

BrooklynBeas
02-15-2005, 01:52 PM
oh ok... my bad

BrooklynBeas
02-15-2005, 01:53 PM
me

BrooklynBeas
02-15-2005, 01:57 PM
heh... ill keep my comments to myself.... If I have anything good to report that happens to me in my personal life i will let my friends know...

the_Jayman
02-15-2005, 01:58 PM
Who deleted that B.O.D. thread you or Jimmy?
I enjoyed it!

me too . . .

it was a good story !

BrooklynBeas
02-15-2005, 02:23 PM
thanks J... i just didnt wanna go on with the nonsense... so i sacraficed my story...

psriches
02-15-2005, 08:33 PM

Why the fuck are you takin a metrocard to DR? lmao!He took the train to the plane! You're a new yorker, so you should know this! :wink:

BrooklynBeas
02-15-2005, 08:45 PM
ok i guess it makes sense now.... i didnt think of it that way... i just thought he was trying to get on caribe tours with the metrocard hahah

knotty
02-15-2005, 08:52 PM

Why the fuck are you takin a metrocard to DR? lmao!He took the train to the plane! You're a new yorker, so you should know this! :wink:

Nahh, I always wanted to do that though. I might attempt that for a night flight. It's much cheaper than that cab ride in rush hour traffic. It just happened to be in my pocket at the time.

Kevy
05-12-2005, 12:52 PM
I got asked a few more questions this time by Canadian Custums, You are going there a lot, How did you fiund the Hotel, Are you going alone etc. She seemed happy enough with my answers and coded me R66, which means I go striaght through.

BrooklynBeas
05-12-2005, 01:17 PM
I got asked a few more questions this time by Canadian Custums, You are going there a lot, How did you fiund the Hotel, Are you going alone etc. She seemed happy enough with my answers and coded me R66, which means I go striaght through.

The reason you go to the DR so much... To see my girlfriend.
Is she a whore... Yes every one of my girlfriends are whores or i wouldnt be with them...

another answer can be... I love the women (be honest)... Its works...

Kevy
05-12-2005, 01:18 PM
I am saving that one for my next trip.

JDR
05-12-2005, 03:31 PM

I looked the customs agent in the eye and told him I go for :Pussy". He laughed and waved me thru.

Apos
05-18-2005, 07:24 AM
coming into the DR through santiago airpoet i was pulled aside into a little room and had to have my picture taken with a webcam. wonder what the fuck that was about? perhaps they're starting a monger website? :shock:

JDR
05-18-2005, 08:18 AM
coming into the DR through santiago airpoet i was pulled aside into a little room and had to have my picture taken with a webcam. wonder what the fuck that was about? perhaps they're starting a monger website? :shock:

Yes I heard about that, they are accounting for All Canadians Worldwide now. Only country where dollars get stronger. :D

JD
05-18-2005, 10:31 AM
The dollar is edging upwards against the peso.

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?from=USD&to=DOP&amt=1&t=2