PDA

View Full Version : At last a gringo wins in court...sort of

WickedWillie
01-18-2010, 10:37 AM
A few weeks ago an aquaintance finished his relationship with a Dominicana. She left his apartment and stole the TV. This was reported to the police and of course nothing happened.

Last Monday he was served with a court summons from Puerto Plata alleging violence, physical abuse, threatening behaviour and asking for a significant sum in compensation.

He had to appear in court last Friday. So with 4 days notice he immediately lawyered up, spent the whole week worried about the outcome and duly went to court.

The judge ruled that the case had no merit and dismissed it BUT allowed the chica to keep the TV. WTF!!!!

It has been discussed here recently that this type of action is being brought more frequently as many will opt to settle beforehand.

His lawyer costs were US$500. He used Guzman Ariza in Sosua.

So he legally won but is out a TV, US$500 plus income lost during the time in preparing his defence.

Did he win????

greydread
01-18-2010, 10:40 AM
A few weeks ago an aquaintance finished his relationship with a Dominicana. She left his apartment and stole the TV. This was reported to the police and of course nothing happened.

Last Monday he was served with a court summons from Puerto Plata alleging violence, physical abuse, threatening behaviour and asking for a significant sum in compensation.

He had to appear in court last Friday. So with 4 days notice he immediately lawyered up, spent the whole week worried about the outcome and duly went to court.

The judge ruled that the case had no merit and dismissed it BUT allowed the chica to keep the TV. WTF!!!!

It has been discussed here recently that this type of action is being brought more frequently as many will opt to settle beforehand.

So he legally won but is out a TV, US$500 plus income lost during the time in preparing his defence.

Did he win????

...depends on the "significant sum in compensation" asked.

weyland
01-18-2010, 10:47 AM
He won in the sense that he could have lost a lot more.

Key point here is don't let your chica move in. You are putting yourself in a vunerable position from day one. I have my regular and I am very fond of her. I don't and never will "love" her because I no longer believe in love (except parental love) but in principle I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with her. She is sweet, honest, hard-working and with a great sense of humor (not to mention a great little ass). However I will never let my dwelling become her principle place of residence. She visits me for 5 hours in the daytime, cleans, washes, irons and (when my dick is functionally normally) fucks me, then she goes home to her own house. And that's the way it will stay.

Plus, of course, that leaves me the evenings and nights free for other chicas. Best of both worlds.

You may trust the chica, as I trust her, but they have all sorts of pressures from husbands, boyfriends and families and when it comes to the crunch they will inevitably side with their own people.

SJG
01-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Did he have to pay any "court fees" that is usually also part of the scam.

ralphie1
01-18-2010, 10:58 AM

Did he win????

to me, yes he won. he didnt roll over and play the game. he fought back and considering what he was fighting , where and the odds against him, he won

Jimbo44
01-18-2010, 11:06 AM
As far as I am concerned.... he lost the day she moved in!!

yayow
01-18-2010, 11:09 AM

Key point here is don't let your chica move in. You are putting yourself in a vunerable position from day one. I have my regular and I am very fond of her. I don't and never will "love" her because I no longer believe in love (except parental love) but in principle I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with her. She is sweet, honest, hard-working and with a great sense of humor (not to mention a great little ass). However I will never let my dwelling become her principle place of residence. She visits me for 5 hours in the daytime, cleans, washes, irons and (when my dick is functionally normally) fucks me, then she goes home to her own house. And that's the way it will stay.

Plus, of course, that leaves me the evenings and nights free for other chicas. Best of both worlds.

You may trust the chica, as I trust her, but they have all sorts of pressures from husbands, boyfriends and families and when it comes to the crunch they will inevitably side with their own people.

Very good post Sr. Weyland, I see the time on your back has allowed you to engage in some deep thought.

WickedWillie
01-18-2010, 11:47 AM

Good post and great points made here Weyland.

Fully agree that never let them move in but the problem is where can you draw the line?

I started a similar thread last year sometime where the guy only wifed up for a long weekend in his apartment and got hit with the same shit. Cost him RD$23,000 to settle.

Maybe one day I'll hear of this happening to a 1 night TLN guy.

The point is that some chicas (and sanki's too) will lie, cheat, deceive and use every opportunity for a gringo money grab and there are some lawyers that will support this.

Hemp
01-18-2010, 11:49 AM
LOST. albeit he could have spent alot more on b.s. as we have seen in these types of situations!

actually he prolly lost when he entertained a relationship with said chica...lol

greydread
01-18-2010, 11:52 AM
...I started a similar thread last year sometime where the guy only wifed up for a long weekend in his apartment and got hit with the same shit. Cost him RD$23,000 to settle.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Holy Shit!! That's insane. I hope he got his money's worth. This makes cabanas seem like the best option for residents.

weyland
01-18-2010, 12:29 PM
The point is that some chicas (and sanki's too) will lie, cheat, deceive and use every opportunity for a gringo money grab and there are some lawyers that will support this.
Yes, nothwithstanding what I posted above, if the chica lies and she has lying witnesses and a lawyer who will support her (whether or not he knows she is lying) then you have an uphill task. And it is increasingly happening as chicas pass stories of successful scams around. That is why the guy who had the guts to fight back was doing us all a favor.

PapiQueRico
01-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Weyland, if your day time girl decides to accuse you of smacking her around do you think the idea that she does not sleep at your place will help?

curiousdude
01-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Weyland, if your day time girl decides to accuse you of smacking her around do you think the idea that she does not sleep at your place will help?
Of course false allegations of abuse are always possible (indeed even likely, with certain desperate women), whether she lives with Weyland or not. But it seems much less likely that this will happen to Weyland, the way he has set this up. Weyland seems to have what a Mexican friend of mine says is called a "maria" in Mexico. He says that where he lives in Mexico, girls who work as maids (or "nenas") are called "maria's" (because many of them are named Maria...). Sometimes these marias do more than the normal housework, i.e., they do a little extra in the bedroom, if you know what I mean. ;)

Weyland has most likely insulated himself from this kind of nonsense, particularly so long as his "maria" needs the job he has provided her. The problem is when the maria wants to leave. I guess once she decides she wants to leave, and if she is desperate for any reason, she may feel like taking whatever she can get and steal whatever she can on her way out. But if she wants the cleaning job, and is consistent, she's far more reliable than your standard puta.

PapiQueRico
01-18-2010, 04:28 PM
How likely it is to happen is not really the question. That involves figuring out what motivates the chica and an assumption of somewhat logical actions on her part. The former is beyond my ability and the latter is an exercise in futility. :)

My question was in the case that the chica did try this scam, in what way is his situation different than someone with a live in. It seems that it would not matter, but I do not know enough about the law in the DR or 'how things work' to be sure.

curiousdude
01-18-2010, 04:31 PM
I see, Papi. That's an interesting question. I too wonder what the answer is. Maybe somebody who lives in the DR can let us know.

Gladiator
01-18-2010, 04:50 PM
I suppose that to get back the TV he could have bribed the judge, but that would be more expensive than buying a new TV.

givengo440
01-18-2010, 05:13 PM

Did he win????
Good question! In my opinion he won considering what he could of paid but keep those undercover hoes out your casa

PapiQueRico
01-18-2010, 05:28 PM
One of the lessons I take from this story is that if you want to retire in "paradise" you should think three times before making a "ho central" town, like Sosua or Boca Chica, your destination.

I wouldn't go down the road that says 'all the chicas in country x are hoes and will eventually fuck you over.' There are members here who have had positive long term relationships with Dominicanas for example. OTOH even chicas who start out well meaning are subjected to such sleazy examples in a town like Sosua, that the chances of them turning on you seem greater.

As I plan to retire in Latin America I would hate to think that this choice means I could never look for a stable LTR, though I would make the choice in any case.

Beads
01-18-2010, 05:42 PM
I think he lost. He paid 500US to a lawyer and lost the TV.

weyland
01-18-2010, 06:34 PM
The problem is when the maria wants to leave.
No, the problem will come, if ever, when I want to leave her (to move to somewhere out of travelling range for her, for example).

I cannot honestly ever see her wanting to leave me. She thinks she has won the lottery finding this position after working in a whorebar for 650 pesos per week, seven days a week, eight hours an evening and ten at the weekends.

Besides, I am a superb lover :rolleyes:

weyland
01-18-2010, 06:46 PM
I have already covered that point above. If someone lies, has lying witnesses and a bent lawyer, then the dice are loaded against us. That would equally apply in any situation such as a dispute over a bar tab, a motor accident, etc. Does that mean we should never go in a bar or rent an auto?

Of course nothing is foolproof. It is just a question of improving your odds as best you can. And as PQR says, I wouldn't even think about trying that sort of arrangement if I lived in a shithole like Sosúa.

I should have added what Dominican Billy impressed on me after several of his friends and acquaintances got stung within a few months. (Some of them idiots, but others hardened DR vets who already knew the score.) Own nothing in your house/condo except your clothes and personal effects. Then the chica cannot claim half your belongings.

Jimmydr
01-18-2010, 06:48 PM
I should have added what Dominican Billy impressed on me after several of his friends and acquaintances got stung within a few months. (Some of them idiots, but others hardened DR vets who already knew the score.) Own nothing in your house/condo except your clothes and personal effects. Then the chica cannot claim half your belongings.

Have a friend hold 5,000 pesos and when the day comes, have her locked up for a few days.

voltage69
01-18-2010, 07:22 PM
and this type of thing doesnt happen in the US?? a woman suing for half your stuff? i wish mine had cost me 500 in legal fees and a tv!

prtyr2
01-19-2010, 12:46 AM
I have only read a few threads tonight but can't help thinking. . . . .. . . . . isn't the main reasons some guys stick to P4P because there is "no drama". . . . . lol. . .

greydread
01-19-2010, 12:50 AM
I have only read a few threads tonight but can't help thinking. . . . .. . . . . isn't the main reasons some guys stick to P4P because there is "no drama". . . . . lol. . .

There's plenty of drama associated with P4P. The reason guys do it is that it's the kind of drama that you can choose to just walk away from. No harm, no foul.

lr444
01-19-2010, 08:33 AM

Did he win????

YES he did.it could have been a lot more.

Here's another reason why guy's who hook up with steady "Girlfriends" in the Dominican or any monger country, need to be very very careful.

My Ex Wife was Domincan(I was married 10 years) I speak from my experience over the 25 years going to the beautiful Domincan Republic.
But I need to say Not only Dominican Woman can be vengeful.

But we still keep going back don't you just love it.:D

nnjdave
01-25-2010, 01:01 PM
I applaud him for winning one for all of us.

In the case of a non-resident, would there be any chance of a lawsuit following you back to the US? There are other places to monger if the excrement hits the fan. I have seen reports of US Marshals arresting people in the DR, and the news stories make it sound like deportation is immediate. This would indicate a close working relationship amongst LE, but would civil suits follow you home?

On another note, I got the extreme hassle at customs in JFK coming back last week, for the first time ever. "Why so many trips to DR" was asked several times.

WickedWillie
01-25-2010, 04:42 PM
I applaud him for winning one for all of us.

In the case of a non-resident, would there be any chance of a lawsuit following you back to the US? There are other places to monger if the excrement hits the fan. I have seen reports of US Marshals arresting people in the DR, and the news stories make it sound like deportation is immediate. This would indicate a close working relationship amongst LE, but would civil suits follow you home?

On another note, I got the extreme hassle at customs in JFK coming back last week, for the first time ever. "Why so many trips to DR" was asked several times.

Highly unlikely, if not impossible, as it just a money grabbing opportunity by the chica from the gringo in town, tourist or resident.

These girls work with scumbag lawyers on a % (i hear 30-50%) of the award/settlement. They sure as shit ain't going to be spending their money on overseas litigation.

Also bear in mind that the sums involved in these cases (I hear) are from RD$50,000 to RD$150,000. A good pay day for the chica and lawyer.

The biggest problem is that if the case is not settled or you don't show up in court then a judgement will be made against you.

This will make your next trip to the DR very interesting. Expect to see the inside of Fortaleza, until you pay up.

By the way the hassle you got at JFK, was that Customs or Immigration? Just curious.

WickedWillie
01-25-2010, 04:51 PM
Out of interest I posted this on DR1 as they have a very well respected lawyer to answer questions. In fact his firm was the one who represented the guy in this case.

I posted

Dra Guzman

Your advice would be most appreciated.

Recently a foreigner in Sosua ended his relationship with his Dominican girlfriend.

Last week on Monday he was served with a summons alleging violence, physical and mental abuse and was asking for a substantial amount in compensation. The allegations were simply not true.

The summons requested his attendance in court in Puerto Plata the following Friday, 4 days later.

The foreigner hired Guzman Ariza in Sosua and duly went to court where the case was dismissed by the judge as a meritless action.

The foreigner incurred significant legal costs and lost income in the preparation of his defence, plus of course the stress and worry of the case itself.

Whilst this was obviously a last chance money grab from the ex-partner I have heard of many similar cases in recent years.

My questions are, is there anything that a foreigner, or anyone really, can do to possibly pre-empt this type of action by a money grabbing or desparate ex-partners?

For example is it possible to have an affidavit drawn up to be signed by both parties that clearly states that within a given time period there was no violence or abuse? Thereby creating a clear history.

Is it better to settle these type cases before the court appearance even when the defendant has done nothing as alleged?

Is it better to retain legal counsel and fight the case? I presume that onus of proof would be on the plaintiff and as such would have to provide medical records, photos, police reports etc.

Do you have any information from the courts as to the number of plaintiffs that prevail?

Obviously I am aware that each case may well have different circumstances.

He replied:

For example is it possible to have an affidavit drawn up to be signed by both parties that clearly states that within a given time period there was no violence or abuse? Thereby creating a clear history. This doesn't prevent the ex-partner from alleging that the violence occurred after the affidavit... or that the affidavit was signed under duress.

Is it better to settle these type cases before the court appearance even when the defendant has done nothing as alleged? Depends on the circumstances and the amount claimed by the ex partner

Is it better to retain legal counsel and fight the case? I presume that onus of proof would be on the plaintiff and as such would have to provide medical records, photos, police reports etc. Again, there is no standard answer.

The problem lies in the fact that gender violence is rampant in the DR so whenever an accusation is made against the male partner it is usually taken seriously.

A legal recourse would be to sue the ex partner for filing a frivolous complaint, but in 99% of the cases, the ex partner is poor and therefore it would be hard to collect any award obtained.

The bold type are his answers.

His comment about gender violence being rampant and as such any accusations are taken seriously is duly noted.

Jimbo44
01-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Highly unlikely, if not impossible, as it just a money grabbing opportunity by the chica from the gringo in town, tourist or resident.

These girls work with scumbag lawyers on a % (i hear 30-50%) of the award/settlement. They sure as shit ain't going to be spending their money on overseas litigation.

Also bear in mind that the sums involved in these cases (I hear) are from RD$50,000 to RD$150,000. A good pay day for the chica and lawyer.

The biggest problem is that if the case is not settled or you don't show up in court then a judgement will be made against you.

This will make your next trip to the DR very interesting. Expect to see the inside of Fortaleza, until you pay up.

By the way the hassle you got at JFK, was that Customs or Immigration? Just curious.

Ha, I was asked that 2x already, and both times I looked the prick right in the eye and told himm I like Dominican women beter than American bitches..... verbatim!!!!:lol:

nnjdave
01-29-2010, 12:31 AM
Sorry about the thread jack.

The hassle was short lived at immigration, but the guy was a dick and he started it all. He put a big "R" with a circle around it on the form the customs girl took, she took one glance and sent me to stand in front of a bag search table. She came over there 10 minutes later and spent a good hour searching my bags.

He was a sraight up dick, asked me several times why so many trips to DR. She was fairly matter of fact, asked many questions in detail, and entered notes into her computer. She also apparently had access to IRS info, asked why I still reported myself as an investor when I clearly made more at my managerial job this year. She seemed satisfied with my answer, a rough year for all investors doesn't mean I'm not still doing it.

At one point she actually joked with me, asking why I would fold my dirty clothes that are in my laundry bag. How could someone who searches bags all day have never seen that?

Andy
02-16-2010, 11:29 PM
To all of the Members of the Board and other fellow readers, the oringinal guy in this post was about ,............ is my friend Ton, aka Antonio. He has the real massage palour across the street from the Terra Linda. Yes, he did in fact win the case but cost $500.00 for the lawyer. Yes, this went very fast as I had offered to write a statement and/or to be a character witness for him. About two days later on the street he flagged me down and he told me he had won.

The judge gave the female a pass on the TV and stated, "Oh no she did not steal it. The female did return his T.V. about two weeks later.

Ton will gladly inform anybody about "the rest of the story" as he will fully tell what happened in the courtroom. He beleives in strength in numbers. B of D Members you already have his e-mail & phone number.

In other news, .......Ton and a few other of my friends are spreading the word on that other particular chica as they know her on sight and have spread the word at the New Garden & Terra Linda.

Thanks for Your Suport

BIG MIKE 21

WickedWillie
02-17-2010, 07:05 AM
To all of the Members of the Board and other fellow readers, the oringinal guy in this post was about ,............ is my friend Ton, aka Antonio. He has the real massage palour across the street from the Terra Linda. Yes, he did in fact win the case but cost $500.00 for the lawyer. Yes, this went very fast as I had offered to write a statement and/or to be a character witness for him. About two days later on the street he flagged me down and he told me he had won.

The judge gave the female a pass on the TV and stated, "Oh no she did not steal it. The female did return his T.V. about two weeks later.

Ton will gladly inform anybody about "the rest of the story" as he will fully tell what happened in the courtroom. He beleives in strength in numbers. B of D Members you already have his e-mail & phone number.

In other news, .......Ton and a few other of my friends are spreading the word on that other particular chica as they know her on sight and have spread the word at the New Garden & Terra Linda.

Thanks for Your Suport

BIG MIKE 21

Thanks for verification. As a suggestion please use caution when identifying the players in this story, even though you may have his approval. In my experience things can get really fucked up here.

Also can you confirm that she returned the actual TV? I heard she gave him the 'compra-venta' receipt where she had pawned it!!!!

SeaWeed
02-17-2010, 07:13 AM

Thanks for Your Suport

BIG MIKE 21any pics of the Puta......that would help us a lot and her name(s)

Andy
02-17-2010, 04:28 PM
A few facts that were in a private post.

The chicas street name was Vickie but the real name is Mercedes. Look at the ID Card guys. Age is 23 years old.

- She has a braided weave to make her hair look long.
- Small size body frame, big tits and a sexy tight ass.
- Has had no kids/No stretch marks
- Has a photo of a baby on her key chain. (It's a lie)
- Has a room to the right side of the Shark Bar right behind the street hamburger guy.
- If anybody is in town, stop by Ton's and he will point her out.
-She made it a point that I deleted all photos of her as a requirement to get her the hell out of my room. This event was witnessed by hotel management.

Her friends names are Bianca, Kenya & Fannie. Hangs out a lot at the Merenge Bar.
I do however have pictures of her friends so if you see them you will proably see her. I will post only if allowed by the B of D.

(If these facts leave you in the thoughts of what the hell happened?!?)

I will leave it up to the B of D to determine how much (if any) of the specific facts that happened to me, that they will allow to be broadcast to the members of this organization. It is to my understanding that some facts were being verified in country. However, if anybody is in Sousa just speak to Ton as we could not beleive we were going thru shit at the same time.

He was really shocked as he told me he was envious of my situation.

Thanks

BIG Mike 21

big tee
02-22-2010, 03:41 AM
ok..i'll b at ng in April...dont wanna have to choke a bee-ach out!!....post a pic!!