PDA

View Full Version : That story sent a shiver down my spine

FnB
01-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Just read this thread and what a sad ending! The details of the story seem kind of shady, especially the part about his girlfriend possibly taking all his money and abandoning him.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/99696-can-you-help-german-public-hospital-pop.html

Jimmydr
01-18-2010, 12:48 PM
There has to be a reason. Maybe he is on the run.

JD426
01-18-2010, 12:55 PM
If you hang out at Hermans Cigar bar, you will meet dozens of older German guys ,living near Sosua ,on a pension, no other family. Any one of them could end up like this. Once the mind goes, the GF will take it all, and move on.

Jimmydr
01-18-2010, 12:56 PM
If you hang out at Hermans Cigar bar, you will meet dozens of older German guys ,living near Sosua ,on a pension, no other family. Any one of them could end up like this. Once the mind goes, the GF will take it all, and move on.

Thats because they treat them like SHIT!

Jimmydr
01-18-2010, 01:00 PM
There were many more when we hit Sosua in 2000. They been there 5 years, some 20 years and they don`t speak a word of Spanish and think they are better than everyone else. Many have left since we mongers arrived and pushed up the prices.

JD426
01-18-2010, 01:05 PM
I was very surprised when I asked them how long they gave been there, Some couples too, but I think they go back and forth.
Many said, 15- 20 years. Perhaps some have spouses who died, and they now just stay there all year round, since they own a condo or whatever. Just guessing. There are a LOT of Germans though.Good thing it was my first language at one time,so i get along with them, but they do look down their noses at me as well .

Jimmydr
01-18-2010, 01:06 PM
I was very surprised when I asked them how long they gave been there, Some couples too, but I think they go back and forth.
Many said, 15- 20 years. Perhaps some have spouses who died, and they now just stay there all year round, since they own a condo or whatever. Just guessing. There are a LOT of Germans though.Good thing it was my first language at one time,so i get along with them, but they do look down their noses at me as well .

Yea but who gets the better chicas now, we do, thats who.

yayow
01-18-2010, 01:14 PM

Yeah occasionally I have sat there, and when I have had a few too many, and get a little louder, some of the looks I get could kill, but I don't give a damn, my money is just as good as their's. So they can kiss my ass.

WickedWillie
01-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Many expats here have no strong social network..but plenty of contacts or aquaintances that they share barstools with.

Beads
01-18-2010, 01:39 PM
A sad story for sure. If he had no family and passed away of course whichever chica was in his house took whatever she could and left. That is expected. In a town like Sosua its best to be leery of becoming too friendly with anyone. Lots of shady characters abound.