02-14-2005, 09:41 PM
This should devaluate the PESO!

45 -1, here we come.

Deniro
02-14-2005, 09:54 PM
This should devaluate the PESO!

45 -1, he we come.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

i remember getting 49 pesos for a dollar and paying 1000 pesos for the whole night. those were the good old hipo days.

ps. they can't make the IMF payment but the idiots want to build a metro.

the_Jayman
02-14-2005, 10:33 PM
I remember gettin 48 to one and having a ball playing with that monopoly money . . .

I was buying tee-shirts and happy hours for EVERYBODY !

late feb eh ? ?

gives the peso a month before i get there to sky-rocket :mrgreen:

Apos
02-14-2005, 10:41 PM
I remember gettin 48 to one and having a ball playing with that monopoly money . . .

I was buying tee-shirts and happy hours for EVERYBODY !

late feb eh ? ?

gives the peso a month before i get there to sky-rocket :mrgreen:

May is looking better all the time!!!

Dick Dawson
02-14-2005, 11:50 PM
I'm having flashbacks of last June getting 48-1 at the cambio spot in downtown PP.

BrooklynBeas
02-15-2005, 08:20 AM
I'm having flashbacks of last June getting 48-1 at the cambio spot in downtown PP.

Hillarious Signature Dick....

50-1 sounds so sweet to Beas' Ears!!!

500 peso ST is 10 bucks... cheaper then a drink in a NYC club!

gdogg
02-15-2005, 10:22 AM
How long after default would there be a noticable difference in the peso? Immediately, I hope...for my sake!
:wink:

BROOKLYN_357
02-15-2005, 04:37 PM
i'm looking at yahoo finance every day

knotty
02-15-2005, 05:44 PM
i dreamt of these days y'all talked about for months. Could this really happen? The peso can lose strength because of missed payments to the world bank?

D_W_
02-15-2005, 05:52 PM
i dreamt of these days y'all talked about for months. Could this really happen? The peso can lose strength because of missed payments to the world bank?

I wish bro...I was getting 28 and change when I left. It really put a crunch on my budget. Cabs alone were ridiculous. I'm hoping for May to be the month that the peso gets back on track.

BROOKLYN_357
02-15-2005, 06:05 PM

I wish bro...I was getting 28 and change when I left. It really put a crunch on my budget. Cabs alone were ridiculous. I'm hoping for May to be the month that the peso gets back on track.

yeah, that's my month...i'm hoping it goes up, but if not, i'm already walking around the neighborhood picking up soda cans and bottles, lol

D_W_
02-15-2005, 06:12 PM
Do they still make those machines where you deposit the can and it spits out the nickel?

Bug Boy
02-15-2005, 06:24 PM
The way to clean up is to do a "can arbitrage". You buy the soda in Illinois with a .05 deposit, and then return the cans in Wisconsin for .10. Now that's risk free investing! You just need to borrow a mail truck. I am sure someone knows a Postman on here.

NewmannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnHey, you're not talking that Michigan deposit bottle scam again, are you?

[You know that] you [will] you overload your inventory and you blow your margins on gasoline. Trust me, it doesn't work.

:lol:

nuhomet
02-15-2005, 07:23 PM
Leave the stealing to the Government. They are much better at it....

D_W_
02-15-2005, 08:17 PM
The way to clean up is to do a "can arbitrage". You buy the soda in Illinois with a .05 deposit, and then return the cans in Wisconsin for .10. Now that's risk free investing! You just need to borrow a mail truck. I am sure someone knows a Postman on here.

NewmannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnHey, you're not talking that Michigan deposit bottle scam again, are you?

[You know that] you [will] you overload your inventory and you blow your margins on gasoline. Trust me, it doesn't work.

:lol:

That was a great episode.

knotty
02-15-2005, 08:18 PM

yeah, that's my month...i'm hoping it goes up, but if not, i'm already walking around the neighborhood picking up soda cans and bottles, lol

Yes, it's sad. I'm actually starving myself to save more money. I hope the peso does move a few notches. This is wishful thinking, though.

RearWindow
02-15-2005, 09:48 PM
:evil: Now I'll have more pesos to not spend on chicas who are locked up at nite. Thailand, look out. :twisted:

BrooklynBeas
02-15-2005, 10:04 PM

Yes, it's sad. I'm actually starving myself to save more money. I hope the peso does move a few notches. This is wishful thinking, though.

Bro... you gotta eat... I think thats how crackheads get so skinny... they spend all their money onCrack... lmao... now thats a serious addiction u have!

knotty
02-16-2005, 07:42 AM

Bro... you gotta eat... I think thats how crackheads get so skinny... they spend all their money onCrack... lmao... now thats a serious addiction u have!

First the herb, now DR? I need to check myself into a treatment program. That's too many addictions for one man to have. These are very expensive habits.

BrooklynBeas
02-16-2005, 07:58 AM
What does Crack have to do with The debt Payments of The Dominican Government? Maybe something got lost in the translation.

Nothing, Just Knotty said he is starving himself to save money for his next trip... and i compared it to a crackhead not eating so he can buy crack... sorry to get off topic... that never happens here... So whats the rate today... is the debt helping us or what?