PDA

View Full Version : A newbi' s report.

emoyeni7
02-14-2005, 07:25 AM
Hey Everybody, I just tried to post a long report and the F........ Computer crashed. Anyways, my son and I had a great time overall. We used B.C. as a base and stayed a little over 21 days in D.R. Places we visited were B.C., Santa Domingo, Najayo, Puerto Plata, Sosua, Bayahibe, El Cortecito, Santiago, and San Cristobal. My son liked B.C. best because of all the choices in food, things to do etc. I liked B.C. a lot even though the veterans I talked to said it has changed a lot. Some of the guys I talked to said prices were really up. Remember this was my 1st trip. The points I make will be either mine or veterans and I will point out which are which. When I first got there with my limited spanish I paid 1200-1500 (gotta learn on my own despite all your good advice) for good chicas. About 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through the trip with good advice from you guys and other veterans down there I paid 1000 peso for a good time. Veterans down there said that was pretty much the going rate now. In B.C. there was a limited (according to the veterans) amount of chicas. I thought the amount and choices were great. Some (2) negatives with chicas. Misunderstanding with amounts owed. Write it down on paper is what I learned with limited spanish as I have. Bayahibe I liked for the beach. The chicas sucked there for choices. Santa Domingo was great for chicas and shopping. Up north I found it to be a rip off. Everybody all said 25 pesos to the $. I tried and finally convinced a guy in the Cambio to give me 27 to the $. I even told them I checked that morning and it was really 29peso to the $. Although chica supply was really good I really liked the southern coast better. A number of the veterans said that things had really changed in B.C. Some of the guys I met had been coming for 25 years and were considering going to another country next year. Again with my limited exposure I thought it was pretty good. We rented a car and traveled by bus and taxi. We had a great time overall. I do want to thank all you guys for your input and humor. I had to learn on my own (call me slow) but, the advice I got really helped. I will post more later. Look forward to hearing the response, good or bad. Thanks again guys for all the great input and humor.

Bug Boy
02-14-2005, 07:43 AM
Hey Everybody, I just tried to post a long report and the F........ Computer crashed. Anyways, my son and I had a great time overall. We used B.C. as a base and stayed a little over 21 days in D.R. Places we visited were B.C., Santa Domingo, Najayo, Puerto Plata, Sosua, Bayahibe, El Cortecito, Santiago, and San Cristobal. My son liked B.C. best because of all the choices in food, things to do etc. I liked B.C. a lot even though the veterans I talked to said it has changed a lot. Some of the guys I talked to said prices were really up. Remember this was my 1st trip. The points I make will be either mine or veterans and I will point out which are which. When I first got there with my limited spanish I paid 1200-1500 (gotta learn on my own despite all your good advice) for good chicas. About 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through the trip with good advice from you guys and other veterans down there I paid 1000 peso for a good time. Veterans down there said that was pretty much the going rate now. In B.C. there was a limited (according to the veterans) amount of chicas. I thought the amount and choices were great. Some (2) negatives with chicas. Misunderstanding with amounts owed. Write it down on paper is what I learned with limited spanish as I have. Bayahibe I liked for the beach. The chicas sucked there for choices. Santa Domingo was great for chicas and shopping. Up north I found it to be a rip off. Everybody all said 25 pesos to the $. I tried and finally convinced a guy in the Cambio to give me 27 to the $. I even told them I checked that morning and it was really 29peso to the $. Although chica supply was really good I really liked the southern coast better. A number of the veterans said that things had really changed in B.C. Some of the guys I met had been coming for 25 years and were considering going to another country next year. Again with my limited exposure I thought it was pretty good. We rented a car and traveled by bus and taxi. We had a great time overall. I do want to thank all you guys for your input and humor. I had to learn on my own (call me slow) but, the advice I got really helped. I will post more later. Look forward to hearing the response, good or bad. Thanks again guys for all the great input and humor.Wow! Sounds like you had a good time and did rather well for yourself.

I return to Boca Chica in 2-weeks and I really wanted to know how the much the scene has changed since the "crackdown," your report shed a bit more light on the situation.

Thanks,
Helpmann

Macky
02-15-2005, 08:27 PM
emoyeni

Thanks for the report, I am on my way to Boca tomorrow.

By the way the 'misunderstandings' about the price agreed to is a total fake, a bluff on the part of the chicas. The limited Spanish is not the problem, it's just a chica scam. I have agreed on a price in Spanish and English, with chicas who spoke nearly perfect English, and I speak enough Spanish to get by, and they have still tried to pull the we misunderstood routine. When they do that get a little gruff, and bluff right back. They will back down. They are just pulling your chain to see if you are easy, and how much you have been around. You don't have to get nasty or threatening, just firm and no nonsense.

Thanks again for the report, it was refreshing news since I am going that way in a mere few hours.

Tonto4
02-15-2005, 09:24 PM
Hit em Hard Mackman :D

RearWindow
02-15-2005, 09:59 PM
By the way the 'misunderstandings' about the price agreed to is a total fake, a bluff on the part of the chicas. The limited Spanish is not the problem, it's just a chica scam. I've never had it happen to me, but I wouldn't doubt that they do it regularily. I make them repeat the price to me. Whether in english, spanish, or drawing on the table. If they don't...NEXT

Macky
02-15-2005, 09:59 PM
Charged up and ready to go.

RearWindow
02-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Charged up and ready to go.Please report back about the situation in BC, if you can.Gracias.

Macky
02-15-2005, 10:12 PM
RearWindow

Another one they will do is agree to a price and when you get to the room and you are totally naked they try to re-negotiate the deal. They pick that moment to inform that the price is not adequate, I suppose because they feel that we are at a vulnerable moment. I simply put my pants on and say that we can go back to the bar now, she knows I won't keep her when we get there, they agree once again to the original price at that point of course. Of those that tried it, I haven't had a single one tell me that I owe her money for her time. And I was expecting it. But I suppose when they see us shrug off scam number one, they know that the next one won't work either. No big deal, I am not pretending to be a hard-ass, it's just that eventually, after a while, we start to see a pattern and the game just doesn't work anymore. I don't know if that one has happened to you, it has to me and I have heard some other guys tell me about that one. Doesn't make me angry, in fact I think it's rather clever on their part. Doesn't work, but it's clever.

el_papi_chew_low
02-15-2005, 10:49 PM
RearWindow

Another one they will do is agree to a price and when you get to the room and you are totally naked they try to re-negotiate the deal. They pick that moment to inform that the price is not adequate, I suppose because they feel that we are at a vulnerable moment. I simply put my pants on and say that we can go back to the bar now, she knows I won't keep her when we get there, they agree once again to the original price at that point of course.

Good report. Looks like you are learning the ropes. Always another babe behind that one so good to see you held your ground on prices.

emoyeni7
02-16-2005, 08:35 AM
Hey, thats my ego you guys are talking about! Much as I hate to admit it you guys are right. I was sure it was very clear. Duh! My last week in B.C. I remembered what guys on here had said about money after or at the most 1/2 up front. I met a chica who hangs out at the little drink stand across from the disco. Big boobs that turned out to have old cigarette scars on them. I kind of had a feeling she was not gonna be the best. But she seemed very agreeable. Got back to the hotel and she wanted money up front. All of it. I said no and big scene. When I finally told her to get lost the story changed. OK Ok! No dice at that point. I did not have a good feeling about her at all. I went with my gut feeling and stuck to get lost. Wow! The look on her face was total surprise, like this is part of bargaining. By this point I did not want her at all. The boobs that had looked so good on top. The bad scars on them, The attitude sucked. I stuck to my guns on feelings and got another girl. Whew! Ego is some what back up. I guess that is part of what this place is about. View it as school without the big $$$. Thanks guys. Balance the overall picture, it was great.

Macky
02-16-2005, 02:32 PM
emoyeni

That's the way to handle it. Don't worry, they try that sort of stuff with a lot of guys. If you hang around one area for a while, or for several trips, the frequency can decrease because the chicas talk and they will all know that you don't fall for the games, so they may not even try. Another reason to be firm and keep control, because if you don't, all the chicas will know that also. Works both ways, for good or bad. Best not to give them any money at all up front, because if you need to kick her out, that is money you have lost, and also they know that it is not customary to do that so they might be more likely to pull something else in addition. Watch how they look into your eyes when they drop a game on you--- they are observing the reaction, it's a test to see if that crap works on this one.

And if you need to dump her early because she misbehaves, don't give her any money 'for her time'. She has wasted YOUR time, not the other way around.

Macky
02-16-2005, 02:36 PM
Another one of my poorly worded posts, there. I meant that giving them money up front is not customary and they know it, and that is what might embolden them to see what other scams will work.

I didn't mean to lecture, I am learning myself as I go along. Gotta pack my bag now, headed for the airport.

freakaccident
02-16-2005, 03:35 PM
Did your son go on this trip to meet chicas or is he too young?

Bug Boy
02-16-2005, 05:14 PM
Hey, thats my ego you guys are talking about! Much as I hate to admit it you guys are right. I was sure it was very clear. Duh! My last week in B.C. I remembered what guys on here had said about money after or at the most 1/2 up front. I met a chica who hangs out at the little drink stand across from the disco. Big boobs that turned out to have old cigarette scars on them. I kind of had a feeling she was not gonna be the best. But she seemed very agreeable. Got back to the hotel and she wanted money up front. All of it. I said no and big scene. When I finally told her to get lost the story changed. OK Ok! No dice at that point. I did not have a good feeling about her at all. I went with my gut feeling and stuck to get lost. Wow! The look on her face was total surprise, like this is part of bargaining. By this point I did not want her at all. The boobs that had looked so good on top. The bad scars on them, The attitude sucked. I stuck to my guns on feelings and got another girl. Whew! Ego is some what back up. I guess that is part of what this place is about. View it as school without the big $$$. Thanks guys. Balance the overall picture, it was great.Good Job! Looks are great, but attitude is everything. She told you everything you ever needed to know, with her "money up front" scam.

Good Job!
Helpmann

emoyeni7
02-17-2005, 09:58 AM
Hey Guys, Yes, my son was with me. That I am sure was part of it. I made sure they knew my son was in the other room and to keep quiet. I think that this one girl tried to use that. As for lecture, I do not take someone with more knowledge than I trying to teach me something a lecture. It is a positive that people try to teach and pass on lessons. By the way the Superbowl at the Playa Vista was great. Lots of Americans. It was really cool to speak english again with a bunch of guys that actually understood me. Keep the teaching up. As Mike (a guy I met down there) put it: "It is all part of tradition". Mentoring is a good thing.