PDA

View Full Version : Rockys

Jimmydr
04-17-2004, 08:50 AM
Hook your own computer up if you like.

snoozer
04-17-2004, 06:27 PM
Probably the fastest connection in town. Only one computer so sometimes have to wait for a while.

nybm9x5
07-12-2004, 07:24 PM
News Cafe standing on the fron door of the Europa turn left walk about 2 blocks it is across from the Residental.

Nice friendly Germans ... can hook up your laptop ( recommended because thier units tend to get infected with everything imaginable. ) Only two computers at the time of this writing ( June 2004 ).

My personal hideout from the Chicas ...

Where is Rocky's ?????

gdogg
08-16-2004, 10:38 PM
I went to News Cafe earlier today and I'm writing this from Rocky's. That being said, Rocky's is definitely worth the extra walk. The connection speed is great, much better than I expected.

I couldn't even connect from News Cafe. Maybe they were having a bad day with all the power outages.

Jimmydr
08-17-2004, 08:11 AM
I went to News Cafe earlier today and I'm writing this from Rocky's. That being said, Rocky's is definitely worth the extra walk. The connection speed is great, much better than I expected.

I couldn't even connect from News Cafe. Maybe they were having a bad day with all the power outages.

If nothing more, at least you can surf the net and drink coffee while you wait for breakfast.

If you are in Rockies then you must be sitting in my spot! 8)

gdogg
08-17-2004, 05:52 PM
Jimmy, I'm just keeping it warm for you. Unfortunately, I snapped up the girl at the adjoining computer. She's a cutie. Pictures on WSA upon return!

the_Jayman
08-17-2004, 09:21 PM
GO gdogg GO ! !

Jimmydr
08-17-2004, 09:29 PM
Jimmy, I'm just keeping it warm for you. Unfortunately, I snapped up the girl at the adjoining computer. She's a cutie. Pictures on WSA upon return!

I hope you waited until she asked her gringo boyfriend for money. :D

nomad
08-18-2004, 02:33 AM
Rocky's is next to the Cowgirl bar. I will be eating breakfast there and posting here from there on the 4th of Sep. Walk down the street. At the big jewelery shop turn right. Lots of computers. I order breakfast and then surf.

Don/Nomad

BrooklynBeas
08-18-2004, 11:04 AM
and after you make that right and head to rockys you can keep walking up the block and make a left on the next block and there is a verizon phone center where you can call home or call a chica if you dont have a cell phone... enjoy !

gdogg
08-18-2004, 11:33 AM
I hope you waited until she asked her gringo boyfriend for money. :D

I did. I didn't get her until afterwards when I saw her at the beach. I hope he sends money soon. Papi needs to buy some souveniers for the folks at home!

ilikenyacional
08-18-2004, 05:26 PM
Nomad, you said lot of computer. Is it new ? The last time (in May), there was only one public computer and Rocky's one.

Jimmydr
08-18-2004, 09:02 PM
Nomad, you said lot of computer. Is it new ? The last time (in May), there was only one public computer and Rocky's one.

There are 3 now and wireless for your laptop. Rockies is on THE MAP!

ilikenyacional
08-18-2004, 09:06 PM
Great news!!!

I wish you a very fucking good trip and say hi to Marco and Ted!!!

Jimmydr
08-18-2004, 09:07 PM
Great news!!!

I wish you a very fucking good trip and say hi to Marco and Ted!!!

Right now or after I am done here. :D

vagabond
08-19-2004, 05:24 AM
Nomad wrote:

"I order breakfast and then surf. "

Thats the problem at Rockys, the service is so s l o w. I will never have breakfast at this joint again. Can't understand why it should take 45 minutes to get a breakfast served, especially with only 2 other customers in the cafe.

continentalmike
08-19-2004, 05:45 AM
they want to promote their internet services hahahaha

just go to a local restaurant if you don't want to wait and see what service they give you..

I prefer having the chica make me breakfast.. dalle mami, mi desayuno in cinco minutos... try it really, it usually works :D

though I wonder if you can have fresh juice, scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and toast since the cooking facilities must be down without propane.. any takes on this?

Jimmydr
08-19-2004, 08:56 AM
though I wonder if you can have fresh juice, scrambled eggs, smoked salmon and toast since the cooking facilities must be down without propane.. any takes on this?

They all use inversers, sort of batteries.

Jimmydr
08-19-2004, 08:58 AM
Well I am at Rockies surfing, Mav is here surfing, Scot is here surfing and JJ is drinking some juice.

Magnum
08-19-2004, 09:13 AM
Hey Jim tell Mav that cheap son of a gun he still owes me $40 for the poker chips!

Jimmydr
08-19-2004, 09:16 AM
Hey Jim tell Mav that cheap son of a gun he still owes me $40 for the poker chips!

He said when are you returning here.

Magnum
08-19-2004, 09:27 AM
I'll be back the 9/7 but I doubt he will be there. A bar tab worth $40 would work fine for me!!!!!

gdogg
08-19-2004, 04:39 PM
It's about time you got out my seat, Jimmy!

BTW, that's why I like Rocky's. Service everywhere has been extraordinarily slow. I've learned not to wait until I'm to the point of death (like I do at home) before I eat. At Rocky's, the time goes by a lot faster...except when there are people hogging ALL the computers.

BrooklynBeas
08-19-2004, 04:53 PM
i usually order lunch while im eating my breakfast... go to the beach ... fuck a chica ... then come back and eat lunch... repeat these steps for dinner... just add a shit shower and shave in between... BeaSlut

gdogg
08-19-2004, 04:57 PM
Actually Beas, that's a good idea. Come back a couple of hours later with your food waiting for you.

continentalmike
08-19-2004, 05:27 PM
It's about time you got out my seat, Jimmy!

BTW, that's why I like Rocky's. Service everywhere has been extraordinarily slow. I've learned not to wait until I'm to the point of death (like I do at home) before I eat. At Rocky's, the time goes by a lot faster...except when there are people hogging ALL the computers.

Time goes by a lot faster.. what are you doing not fucking .. go back in the ring :lol: grab a BBBJ of the street.. order breakfast... go back for round two :lol:

Tip to self: eat lots of eggs on upcoming trip (9/11 till 10/3)

gdogg
08-19-2004, 09:46 PM
Dude, when I'm here I'm escaping the chicas. I go until I'm burned out then come here. Same in the morning. You can tell I'm spent, cuz I'm here at Rocky's!

Jimmydr
08-19-2004, 09:50 PM
Dude, when I'm here I'm escaping the chicas. I go until I'm burned out then come here. Same in the morning. You can tell I'm spent, cuz I'm here at Rocky's!

I am looking over my terminal at you right now. :D

gdogg
08-19-2004, 09:51 PM
Jimmy, I suspected you may be a stalker...but this is too much!!!!
:lol:

BrooklynBeas
08-20-2004, 10:01 AM

Im looking at both of you... OK no im not but when you guys are back home i will be in DR and then i will make you feel jealous... but then again i cant promise to report from DR... im usually busy all of the time

continentalmike
08-20-2004, 10:37 AM
I'm going soon but already feel jealous! Enjoy yourselves guys and nail a few for me...

Jimmydr
08-20-2004, 02:57 PM

Im looking at both of you... OK no im not but when you guys are back home i will be in DR and then i will make you feel jealous... but then again i cant promise to report from DR... im usually busy all of the time

Boo hoo, no wait, I will be mongering in Costa Rica, :D

gdogg
08-20-2004, 05:14 PM
I'm jealous now, and I'm still here! I'll be back in March, if not sooner!! I'm having the time of my life!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the_Jayman
08-24-2004, 09:38 PM
I don't know "where in the hell" this place is. Sosua I think.

directions ?

gdogg
08-24-2004, 10:11 PM
Go down main strip toward the beach, make a right at Harrison's Jewelers. It is right next to the Cowgirl bar. It doesn't have a sign over the building so you could miss it. The sign is in the doorway.

Definitely a cool place to relax.