PDA

View Full Version : 01/2010 - Secret Sex Vacations - A Story Every Woman Must Read

kris boog
01-21-2010, 10:56 PM
I just got wind of this today, an article in the new essence magazine detailing how DR has replaced RIO as the place where "black men" go to have sex vacations. Why can't they just leave us alone, in 2006 they made a big deal about RIO now DR. We aren't hurting anyone, and as a matter of fact we are doing a service by helping to support the local economy.

I haven't been able to locate the article on line, but you can see the cover here ... http://www.essence.com/magazine/reggie_bush_on_the_february_cover_of_ess.php?page=2. The title of the article is on his left shoulder. Hopefully this doesn't have too much back lash.

naptime
01-21-2010, 11:01 PM
thats pretty funny... sounds like thier warning women that if thier man is headed to the dr.. this is why lol

psriches
01-22-2010, 12:00 AM
Several years back (as indicated), Essence did the same article about us going to Brazil. And that article came out the same week i went to Brazil.

Needless to say, my relationship got wacked!!!:( I returned to the States a single monger. I mean a single man! :)

Pepp-1
01-22-2010, 12:18 AM
Here we go again. Men can't get away and have fun only women can. I'm going to take a look at the article. My first question is who wrote it; a male or female. With the Rio story in Essence a man wrote that. Additonally the Book, I can't recall the name right now was written by a man. Are these guys snitches? I could care less because I'm single and proud:cheesygrin:

FriendlyDJ
01-22-2010, 11:03 AM
I've read the article. It was written by a male. It's definitely going to be a point of discussion in the beauty salons, etc. Confrontations are coming....

I've been coming to the DR once a year for the past 4 years, and have every intention of continuing that tradition. My buddies and I are already working on our own damage control, as most of us are married or in relationships. Wish us luck.

brovo35
01-22-2010, 11:20 AM
I've read the article. It was written by a male. .......

Sad, so sad!

It wouldn't change much If it was written by a woman, but damn!

Jimbo44
01-22-2010, 11:53 AM
So, I am sitting around at a surprise B day for a buddy this pas Saturday night, and the convo developes towards taking a Carribean Vac. somewhere amongst some of the attendees. One of the woman brings up Cancun, and some guy who I did not know beings up Puerta Plata, and the all inclusives. Then his wife says" Like I did not know the real reason you wanted to go there?" He plays stupid, they start arguing, faces turn stupid at the table, Meanwhile I am sitting next to my buddy, the B Day guy, and my GF to my right, he is nudging my elbow, cause he knows I go, the other cpl gets up to go outside, very embarrassed and still at it. One of the other women acts dumbfounded, and then another guy starts explaining about all the prostitutes that hang out "down the road" form the all inclusives, and if you ever go, always make sure you know here your other half is. My GF is listening as is everyone else. Suddenly, I had to pee........

PapiQueRico
01-22-2010, 12:07 PM
So, I am sitting around at a surprise B day for a buddy this pas Saturday night, and the convo developes towards taking a Carribean Vac. somewhere amongst some of the attendees. One of the woman brings up Cancun, and some guy who I did not know beings up Puerta Plata, and the all inclusives. Then his wife says" Like I did not know the real reason you wanted to go there?" He plays stupid, they start arguing, faces turn stupid at the table, Meanwhile I am sitting next to my buddy, the B Day guy, and my GF to my right, he is nudging my elbow, cause he knows I go, the other cpl gets up to go outside, very embarrassed and still at it. One of the other women acts dumbfounded, and then another guy starts explaining about all the prostitutes that hang out "down the road" form the all inclusives, and if you ever go, always make sure you know here your other half is. My GF is listening as is everyone else. Suddenly, I had to pee........

In your pants?????

At the table??? :p

The funny thing about these articles is that somehow the people in our home countries don't have a clue what goes on. I mean prostitution is big biz right here in the first world, why wouldn't they intuitively understand that it is prevalent in poorer countries?

JD426
01-22-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm single and have nothing whatsoever to lose, but I still tell people that I go for the Food, Scuba,the beach, and there are many landsmann ( compatriots) there. Noone ever questions it and the less people that know , the better. Some of my old school buds have figured it out, but I admit nothing, to anyone. Fuck them, I owe them no explanation & definitely would not show them any pics, cause they all talk in their sleep.
And these are guys I know for MANY years, but I dont need their wives giving me any shit (fearing I might corrupt them I guess)
I once ran into a female coworker coming back at JFK , 8 of us guys with big smiles, I told her we are all in a Scuba Dive Club , 2 bags clearly were scuba. She bought it. DENY DENY DENY.
Whatever guy would write such an article is a complete duchebag.

greydread
01-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Here we go again. Men can't get away and have fun only women can. I'm going to take a look at the article. My first question is who wrote it; a male or female. With the Rio story in Essence a man wrote that. Additonally the Book, I can't recall the name right now was written by a man. Are these guys snitches? I could care less because I'm single and proud:cheesygrin:

Some Fag, no doubt.

Women will always have guys with alternate agendas to snitch us out and we will keep it moving. Looks like a bunch of new guys will be visiting Colombia in the coming months and years. This article may be all the push they'll need.

SeaWeed
01-22-2010, 12:58 PM
So, I am sitting around at a surprise B day for a buddy this pas Saturday night, and the convo developes towards taking a Carribean Vac. somewhere amongst some of the attendees. One of the woman brings up Cancun, and some guy who I did not know beings up Puerta Plata, and the all inclusives. Then his wife says" Like I did not know the real reason you wanted to go there?" He plays stupid, they start arguing, faces turn stupid at the table, Meanwhile I am sitting next to my buddy, the B Day guy, and my GF to my right, he is nudging my elbow, cause he knows I go, the other cpl gets up to go outside, very embarrassed and still at it. One of the other women acts dumbfounded, and then another guy starts explaining about all the prostitutes that hang out "down the road" form the all inclusives, and if you ever go, always make sure you know here your other half is. My GF is listening as is everyone else. Suddenly, I had to pee........about the same happened to mi but it was about Jamaica........mi GF caught wind of the runnings in Jamaica thru some friends of hers and then the internet......and I haven't been able to get back to Jamaica for two years since she thinks I am jumping in bed with all the whores there..........of course she has been thinking it's okay for mi to go to the DR......lol.....now if the GF catches wind of this DR chit, I am screwed.....lol........maybe she'll think Columbia is all right........lol

greydread
01-22-2010, 01:29 PM
The problem with this is Somebody is selling or buying Punani in every corner of the planet where Money and Punani co-exist. These Bitches with their Snitches and their Bitch magazines are just chasing their tails here. Always trying to stir up trouble and shit.

That's why we fuck their younger Sisters :eek:. It's real hard for me to get caught up in the "Who R U fucking in the D.R. :confused::mad:" argument while I'm trying to hold that shit in.:p

:rofl:

Hemp
01-22-2010, 01:57 PM
What did Kat Williams call these dudes? BITCH MUTHA FUKAS!

The problem with this is Somebody is selling or buying Punani in every corner of the planet where Money and Punani co-exist. These Bitches with their Snitches and their Bitch magazines are just chasing their tails here. Always trying to stir up trouble and shit.

That's why we fuck their younger Sisters :eek:. It's real hard for me to get caught up in the "Who R U fucking in the D.R. :confused::mad:" argument while I'm trying to hold that shit in.:p

:rofl:

Roy
01-22-2010, 02:34 PM
I just got wind of this today, an article in the new essence magazine detailing how DR has replaced RIO as the place where "black men" go to have sex vacations. Why can't they just leave us alone, in 2006 they made a big deal about RIO now DR. We aren't hurting anyone, and as a matter of fact we are doing a service by helping to support the local economy.

I haven't been able to locate the article on line, but you can see the cover here ... http://www.essence.com/magazine/reggie_bush_on_the_february_cover_of_ess.php?page=2. The title of the article is on his left shoulder. Hopefully this doesn't have too much back lash.

Tell them all, and make sure that they know that PURE AND COMPLETE SEXUAL PLEASURE is a 3 hour flight and $30 away. Maybe they'll choose to please their man like they know how but refuse to do so!

WSJ3
01-22-2010, 03:12 PM
I just told my wingman that the sisters in the office pulled me to the side and asked why didn't I interview with this guy for the DR sex trips.

I was like I don't know what you are referring too..."Are you wearing a wire?"

Essense is a woman's magazine (BLACK WOMAN) but hopefully something will sink in to their heads and they will start treating the men in the states with a little bit of respect.

Then mongers will be hard pressed to travel to get their SALADS TOSSED

DCIronman
01-22-2010, 06:16 PM
I just read this article. After one of my boys texted me about it, I had to walk down the street to Borders in order to check it out.

The author, a guy named Keith Murray, needs his ass stomped the fuck out for writing this. Don't get me wrong. I have absolutely nothing against investigative journalism. But this article is far from that. It's inaccurate, sensationalistic, bullshit.

From the opening sentence, to the very end, this article was written to scandalize it's readers as much as possible. And where did he find these seriously disturbed brothers he was interviewing. Mr. Murphy would have you believe that every black man that travels to the DR does so because he is shallow, insecure, voyeuristic, and apparently hates black women.

And in order to install an element of fear, Mr. Murphy drops the HIV bomb. He supports it by quoting some stupid fuck, who is apparently fucking chicas without protection.

Sensationalistic bullshit. For the life of me, I can't understand why women like reading shit like like this. If they demanded the truth instead of entertainment, sorry excuses for men like Mr. Murphy wouldn't find it as profitable to jump on the bitch wagon and sell out their brothers.

Damn!!!

carolinajack
01-22-2010, 06:22 PM
You "single guys" may be safe but this is not the light us Al Bundy's need.

This type of shit only makes women go on high alert and calls for the need of tighter cover stories...but by the same token if a man is in a cool relationship where her hubby says..."I'm going with boys to Vegas - Miami - LA or the DR"...."to play golf, poker or jet ski"...then its just a matter of keeping your shit tight...

...I'm telling wifey that my trip in March is to conference with other professionals on how to help the educational system in DR and the strain it will face with the new influx of Haitians...

...I'll max out on the school supplies I'll take down via Jet Blue (80 lbs in 2 bags) and take a shit load of pics at that school near the NG as well as the "shoe shine mafia", along with some other friendlly island shots....

....guys eating BBQ at Big D's - Her: "Who's that?"

ME: "Oh him - he's the rep from IBM who's agreed to donate 20 tablets for the schools and that guy next to him, real funny guy, he's a school superintendent in Boston who says he can get surplus supplies to the schools worth up to $10,000 a year...great guys"....;)

So smile for the camera when I see ya....and try to act professional.

psriches
01-22-2010, 07:05 PM
I just read this article. After one of my boys texted me about it, I had to walk down the street to Borders in order to check it out.

The author, a guy named Keith Murray, needs his ass stomped the fuck out for writing this. Don't get me wrong. I have absolutely nothing against investigative journalism. But this article is far from that. It's inaccurate, sensationalistic, bullshit.

From the opening sentence, to the very end, this article was written to scandalize it's readers as much as possible. And where did he find these seriously disturbed brothers he was interviewing. Mr. Murphy would have you believe that every black man that travels to the DR does so because he is shallow, insecure, voyeuristic, and apparently hates black women.

And in order to install an element of fear, Mr. Murphy drops the HIV bomb. He supports it by quoting some stupid fuck, who is apparently fucking chicas without protection.

Sensationalistic bullshit. For the life of me, I can't understand why women like reading shit like like this. If they demanded the truth instead of entertainment, sorry excuses for men like Mr. Murphy wouldn't find it as profitable to jump on the bitch wagon and sell out their brothers.

Damn!!!That's a damn shame, i've always liked Keith Murray! :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfLQLqELQ7o

jonblaze
01-22-2010, 07:18 PM
I hope like hell my girl doesn't read that article. She was already starting to get suspicious after the 3 trips I took last year.

husl2001
01-22-2010, 07:41 PM
I hope like hell my girl doesn't read that article. She was already starting to get suspicious after the 3 trips I took last year.

She will. And speaking truth to punani will get you nowhere, except perhaps out of a relationship. Best to prep a storyline.

You know, something like, "Well, yeah, but that's true of every latin american country in the world, and I'm not going to give up traveling because of some stupid article in Black Cosmo," and then invite her to come with you...to Las Terrenas, Cabarete, Samana, Casa de Campo, Punta Cana, Santiago, Santo Domingo, or any of the dozens of legit spots on the island.

See, if you show her its a really big island and that Sosua is a really small part of it (that even Dominicans aren't big on), then it's less of an issue. Also, they're WOMEN. Once they realize an issue isn't really an issue, they move on to the next drama.

whatever
01-22-2010, 07:42 PM
I'm single and have nothing whatsoever to lose, but I still tell people that I go for the Food, Scuba,the beach, and there are many landsmann ( compatriots) there. Noone ever questions it and the less people that know , the better. Some of my old school buds have figured it out, but I admit nothing, to anyone. Fuck them, I owe them no explanation & definitely would not show them any pics, cause they all talk in their sleep.
And these are guys I know for MANY years, but I dont need their wives giving me any shit (fearing I might corrupt them I guess)
I once ran into a female coworker coming back at JFK , 8 of us guys with big smiles, I told her we are all in a Scuba Dive Club , 2 bags clearly were scuba. She bought it. DENY DENY DENY.
Whatever guy would write such an article is a complete duchebag.

Hehe funny. Scuba certification is a great mongering license. It gives you a reason to go many places and monger while you are there. While you're mongering you do a few dives, take a few UW pix, and you have your cover story set and you can monger the rest of the trip. The pix and logged dives are proof you were doing something else.

SeaWeed
01-22-2010, 08:00 PM
You know, something like, "Well, yeah, but that's true of every latin american country in the world, and I'm not going to give up traveling because of some stupid article in Black Cosmo," and then invite her to come with you...to Las Terrenas, Cabarete, Samana, Casa de Campo, Punta Cana, Santiago, Santo Domingo, or any of the dozens of legit spots on the island.

See, if you show her its a really big island and that Sosua is a really small part of it (that even Dominicans aren't big on), then it's less of an issue. Also, they're WOMEN. Once they realize an issue isn't really an issue, they move on to the next drama.great idea for the GF.........an all inclusive at Punta Cana with other couples would certainly do the trick........and then tell her all of DR is like this.......I've always told her I go for the food and snorkeling anyways.......lol

JuanElGriego
01-22-2010, 08:02 PM

In a way, we're all guilty of preferring entertainment to truth, of exceptions to the norm.

Take that 'Jersey Shore' show on MTV and how it plays up every sad parody of a tiny segment of the Italian-American population. The ratings MTV gets for that show are incredible. Young, good-looking kids acting a fool ... you get eye candy plus you get to feel better about yourself because your grammar is so much better than theirs and so forth and so forth. If that show focused on a "normal" group of young Italians going to a University, then to work a boring part-time job before heading home to study ... would anyone watch that shit for even 5 minutes???

Similarly, this Keith Murray is just tossing out the red meat his readers want from him.

Dick Dawson
01-22-2010, 09:11 PM
Imagine being a fly on the wall in the Dominican salons over the next few weeks. Wonder if we'll hear about any "disturbances" on the news.

DCIronman
01-22-2010, 09:13 PM
In a way, we're all guilty of preferring entertainment to truth, of exceptions to the norm.

Take that 'Jersey Shore' show on MTV and how it plays up every sad parody of a tiny segment of the Italian-American population. The ratings MTV gets for that show are incredible. Young, good-looking kids acting a fool ... you get eye candy plus you get to feel better about yourself because your grammar is so much better than theirs and so forth and so forth. If that show focused on a "normal" group of young Italians going to a University, then to work a boring part-time job before heading home to study ... would anyone watch that shit for even 5 minutes???

Similarly, this Keith Murray is just tossing out the red meat his readers want from him.

I totally agree with you. But there's some principle involved here as well.

Speaking as a black man, I gotta tell you. We've got enough issues with our women already. We really don't need one of our own creating more.

I have no problems with brothers getting ahead. But this opportunistic bastard intentionally threw us under a bus for the sake of his own gain. I can't give him a pass on this one.

husl2001
01-22-2010, 09:47 PM
I totally agree with you. But there's some principle involved here as well.

Speaking as a black man, I gotta tell you. We've got enough issues with our women already. We really don't need one of our own creating more.

I have no problems with brothers getting ahead. But this opportunistic bastard intentionally threw us under a bus for the sake of his own gain. I can't give him a pass on this one.

He's clearly foul, but I'm not particularly bothered. Most women I know are aware of what time it is in Sosua (dudes have been shooting their mouths off for some time now).

Here's the thing: if you say "Hon, I'm thinking of going on a guy's trip to...," they automatically assume something's up, and google the hell out of that location. See, location doesn't matter. You can get laid at the Vatican. It's all about the company you're keeping.

Or did you think that guys were the only ones lurking on sites like these :rofl::rofl::rofl:

chicmatic
01-22-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm more worried about my wingmans wife finding out through the network than I am for myself. I'm single and tell people that I'm going to Miami or Santo Domingo which are both technically true...I'm interested in reading the article for shits and grins and just to see how accurate it is. Oh, and I go because I can :rofl:.

It just be calling me man....

JuanElGriego
01-22-2010, 10:16 PM

I have absolutely nothing to base this on, but i would lay down a good amount of money in support of Greydread's "opinion" of mr. Murray.

(how u doin??) :rolleyes:

joeysterr
01-23-2010, 03:11 AM
"The Essence.com boards are flooded with seething comments from people who can’t understand why a magazine geared towards Black women would make the NFL player who is dating a non-Black woman, Kim Kardashian, the cover choice for an issue that celebrates Black love."

Looks like this article or should I say the cover is getting another attention. Good for the non-single guys right:rofl::iconTU:

http://www.racialicious.com/2010/01/12/essence-magazine-accidentally-steps-into-an-intrainterracial-dating-minefield/

gdogg
01-23-2010, 04:20 AM
You "single guys" may be safe but this is not the light us Al Bundy's need.

This type of shit only makes women go on high alert and calls for the need of tighter cover stories...but by the same token if a man is in a cool relationship where her hubby says..."I'm going with boys to Vegas - Miami - LA or the DR"...."to play golf, poker or jet ski"...then its just a matter of keeping your shit tight...

...I'm telling wifey that my trip in March is to conference with other professionals on how to help the educational system in DR and the strain it will face with the new influx of Haitians...

...I'll max out on the school supplies I'll take down via Jet Blue (80 lbs in 2 bags) and take a shit load of pics at that school near the NG as well as the "shoe shine mafia", along with some other friendlly island shots....

....guys eating BBQ at Big D's - Her: "Who's that?"

ME: "Oh him - he's the rep from IBM who's agreed to donate 20 tablets for the schools and that guy next to him, real funny guy, he's a school superintendent in Boston who says he can get surplus supplies to the schools worth up to $10,000 a year...great guys"....;)

So smile for the camera when I see ya....and try to act professional.

Actually, you should take those school supplies and give them to Weyland! He's doing a great job with helping Haitian school children in Puerto Plata, and really could use the help. Just a thought.
:wink:

gdogg
01-23-2010, 04:40 AM
I'm surprised my mother hasn't said anything about it to me yet. She's subscribed to Essence since it was first published. She obviously hasn't read it yet, and I haven't seen it. I wouldn't worry about it tooooo much. Whatever uproar it causes won't last too long. This too shall pass...

brovo35
01-23-2010, 11:16 AM
My response has been and will remain:

I grew up a block from the "stroll" and didn't fuck with them then and I don't now.
If I wanted to cheat I wouldn't want to or have to go half way around the world to do it.

Crossfire1
01-26-2010, 04:43 AM
I just read that bullshit article by Keith Murphy. I thought I'd share with you the letter that I plan to send to Essence. This is some bullshit.

To: Essence Magazine,

I’m **** and I am writing you in response the article “Fool’s Paradise”, from your February 2010 issue. I have to admit that I did not enjoy reading your article, with it’s characterization of black men, based on very little facts. The author, Keith Murphy did a very poor job of telling what really goes on in the Dominican Republic. It appears to me that this article was written to single out black men and why they travel. The article makes it seems as though black men are the only ones going to the D.R. Mr. Murphy’s story, gives reasons that black men choose travel to DR instead of Rio, which are ridiculous and unsubstantiated. The article fails to explore the motives of the men who travel there. Instead it grasp at quotes that will appease the target female demographic that reads Essence magazine. Please allow me to discuss your article and point out the problems that I had with it.

In the 3rd paragraph Mark, a VIP host at DR Nights, is quoted saying “The number of our African-American Clients has been growing every year.” Mr. Murphy uses Mark as an expert witness to attest to the fact that black men are coming to the DR in increasing numbers year after year. However the article fails to give any stats or numbers to support this. While the reader can take Marks statement as the truth, this could also mean that DR Nights had 4 African-American clients in 2006, 6 clients in 2008 and 10 clients in 2009. By leaving out the data the reader will tend to assume that these numbers are larger than they actually are. Mr. Murphy failed to ask Mark, what percentage of his clients were, African American. Was it .01% or was it 10%? I simply don’t understand why Mr. Murphy didn’t get figures to suggest how many African-American clients DR Nights actually had, so he could show how much growth there actually was year after year. These numbers would have also shown that African-American men are only a small fraction of the men traveling to D.R. I can only assume that these numbers are left out because they are not significant enough to warrant writing this article, and because leaving them out helps to demonize African-American men.

In the 5th paragraph Chad Dion Lassiter, M.S.W., adjunct lecturer at the University of Pennsylvania School of Social Policy and Practice, is quoted saying “Over the past few years there’s been a real paradigm shift in that the hoards of Black men who used to go to Brazil are now going to the D.R.” In the 6th paragraph Lassiter suggest that the transition from Brazil to D.R. came about partly because Brazil became “exposed.” Once the “dirty little secret” was out men shifted from Brazil to D.R. Once again, Mr. Murphy failed to ask his expert witness to support his claim about the shift. Merely, having a fancy title doesn’t mean that one can simply throw around quotes without facts and data to support them. Why didn’t Mr. Murphy simply ask Lassiter for data to support his paradigm shift theory? There was no poll or census to support any of these claims. There are hundreds or thousands of African-Americans men that travel to the D.R. each year. If we just examine the men who travel strictly for sex, Lassiter assumes that most of these men have started off traveling to Brazil first, until it was “exposed.” I have been to D.R. over 20 times and I know a lot of African-Americans who travel there for sex. I can personally tell you that very few of them have ever been to Brazil. Of the few that have been to Brazil, none of them started traveling to D.R. because it was “exposed.” Lassiter’s suggestion of a paradigm shift is his personal opinion base on a small group of men in his social circles and carries no more weight than my personal experience. Professor or Not.

On page 133, in the 2nd paragraph, Lassiter is again quoted after seeing the pictures of an acquaintance. (By the way this supports my theory that his view is based on personal experience and not facts or data). “What these men fail to realize is that the respect of the Dominican women is for your Dollar, not for you.” This quote from Lassiter was given to counter some men’s claim that African-American women can’t compete with Dominican women. If Mr. Murphy or Lassiter wanted to truly challenge this claim they would have explored the Dominican-American woman and how she compares to the African-American woman in the mind of African-American men. Why? Because most of these men realize that there is a financial motive. A motive that is no different from a beautiful African-American woman going after ugly doctors, lawyers, pro athletes, rappers and singers. Women all over the world look for successful men. This seems to be ok, until the African-American woman is left out.

On page 135, Mr. Murphy reported that the HIV rate in D.R. was 1% and as high as 12% among sex workers. What Mr. Murphy doesn’t write about is the HIV rate right here in the U.S. A quick Google search reveals some very scary numbers. Just looking at sites from the CDC and the Washington Post, would suggest that there is not much difference between engaging in risky behavior in the U.S. or in the D.R. In 2009, the Washington Post and Fox news reported the HIV rate in the Washington DC, to be as high as 3%. That is 3 times higher than the rate in the D.R. The CDC reported that African-Americans account for 48% of all HIV cases while making up less than 12% of the U.S. population. The numbers vary from site to site, but the one thing that is constant is that risky behavior is risky behavior. I think Mr. Murphy didn’t bother to compare HIV rates in D.R. to rates in the U.S. because it further demonizes African-American men for traveling abroad and leaving African-American women behind. He wanted to scare his female readers so they have more to talk about around the water cooler or at the salon.

What this article lacked in facts was replaced by interviews of people giving personal opinions. All in all, this article accomplished what the author intended, which was to place shock and fear in female readers. I will say that African-American men should not be upset because Essence is “blowing up the spot.” They should be upset by this poorly researched article that is design to strike at women emotions rather than presenting facts and letting them come to their own conclusion. This article also failed to discuss African-American women who go to D.R. for the same reason. They have a name for the men these women enjoy. They call them Sankies, but Mr. Murphy wasn’t interested in that. I work with an African-American woman who travels to D.R. for the same reason many of these men travel. I could go on about how poorly researched this article was, but I will turn to something more interesting.

In October 2009, I was in the lobby of the Hilton hotel in Santo Domingo. I was there with a friend of mine who was flying back to the U.S. the next day. Normally we don’t spend time in Santo Domingo or Boca Chica. We only came into the city because my friend had an early flight the next day. While I was trying to get a room my friend had run into a reporter who wanted to ask us some questions about African-American men traveling abroad. I declined to talk to him because I could see right through his lies. I knew that he wanted to write an article tabloid style about African-American men traveling for sex. Had he been real about his intentions, maybe I would have given him a quote. My friend fits the description of Ron in your article so maybe I ran into Mr. Murphy at the Hilton. Maybe it is a small world.

The editors and researchers at Essence should be a shame of releasing such a poorly written article. Mr. Murphy and Essence should not be allowed to go to eastern Europe until they learn how to produce a well researched article.

gdogg
01-26-2010, 05:45 AM
Great letter!! But is the author's name Murphy or Murray? I still haven't read it yet.

psriches
01-26-2010, 05:53 AM
Great letter!! But is the author's name Murphy or Murray? I still haven't read it yet.His name is Keith Murray dammit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfLQLqELQ7o

psriches
01-26-2010, 05:56 AM
You guys are forgetting one thing, You can't apply logic to a woman!

So if Essence gives it, women will receive it! It's about selling magazines.

I'm very bitter about Essence publishing the Brazil article the week i went to Brazil. I also blame them for helping me lose the love of my life. But in actuality, i had nobody to blame but myself.

I'm just venting before work!

psriches
01-26-2010, 06:21 AM
What i always tell my friend's, "either you're single or you're not"!

If you're single, who gives a fuck what Essence or anybody else says? And it's not like you can stop them from saying it anyway, whether the info is true or not!

And if you're married or attached, shame on you because you can't live both lives. Trust me, it doesn't work. It's just a matter of time before your world comes crashing down.

So either you're a "monger" or you're an "other". Choose one!!!

When i returned from Brazil, i had to ask myself if i wanted to be a Sheep or a Wolf?

I choose WOLF!!!!!!! aaaoooooooooooowwwww

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h240/obsti/wolf_76_big.jpg

gdogg
01-26-2010, 07:00 AM
His name is Keith Murray dammit!

YouTube- KEITH MURRAY - THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING IN THIS WORLD HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfLQLqELQ7o)

Just wanted to make sure he spelled the name right. Those broads (did I just say broads? Damn, I'm getting old!) in the letters office would have a field day about that.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/34444b5ed613302c3.jpg

gdogg
01-26-2010, 07:02 AM
You guys are forgetting one thing, You can't apply logic to a woman!

So if Essence gives it, women will receive it! It's about selling magazines.

I'm very bitter about Essence publishing the Brazil article the week i went to Brazil. I also blame them for helping me lose the love of my life. But in actuality, i had nobody to blame but myself.

I'm just venting before work!

She'll be back!
:wink:

greydread
01-26-2010, 08:34 AM
And if you're married or attached, shame on you because you can't live both lives. Trust me, it doesn't work. It's just a matter of time before your world comes crashing down.

Patently untrue.

My hobby could NEVER cost me the "love of my life" because my children don't care how I entertain myself as long as I'm happy and after them, the "love of my life" is ME.

If I'm with a Woman in a relationship and I'm holding up my end, she shouldn't have a problem letting me out of the cage once in awhile. If she does, then she's the wrong one for me and will be replaced by one who understands and appreciates the nature of a Man.

I'm equally likely to go off into the woods for a week and not see a Woman the entire time I'm hunting OR to go to an island Paradise and try to fuck every Woman who tickles my fancy. All my SO knows is that I was gone for a week in either case so it's up to her to have her head on straight and understand the importance of having a man who does his homework before going out to play.

Crossfire1
01-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Great letter!! But is the author's name Murphy or Murray? I still haven't read it yet.

Yes I spelled it correctly. I'm looking at the article now. Page 158 gives credit to Keith Murphy not Keith Murrray.

givengo440
01-26-2010, 10:20 AM
I like Kieth Murray in this joint...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQPJJvEq8Jc

But that Kieth Murphy is a bitch! I read his article it's is a lot of bullshit. I feel for you married dudes or long time commitied dudes we all know what you have to do to get away now this may make it a lil harder. Someone needs to piss in his mouth but then again he might like it :eek:. I am a single dude so I am free to roam as I please so I can give 10 shits about his article but form strange reason I still think I wouldn't give 10 shits about his article even if I wasn't.

officemgr
01-26-2010, 10:22 AM
I'm looking at the article now and so far no mention of sosua.

Hemp
01-26-2010, 11:06 AM
I usually take psriches post as gospel, but i do not agree with this at all...

If you're single, who gives a fuck what Essence or anybody else says? And it's not like you can stop them from saying it anyway, whether the info is true or not!

When i returned from Brazil, i had to ask myself if i wanted to be a Sheep or a Wolf?

Click to see pic (http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h240/obsti/wolf_76_big.jpg)

carolinajack
01-26-2010, 06:07 PM

At times those who are married or attached handle "the game" as well or better than those who are single...

...I would bet your choice of services at LPs that most of the guys who get caught in the WU drama are single guys saying to themselves, "Why not?"

Us married with children types have mortgages, tuition, and braces to pay for...fuck Yohanny's sick abuelita...I'm not trying to hear that drama.

Going to the DR offers the perfect hit it and quit it atmosphere us Al Bundy's need - cause I'm not trying to go out like Tiger Woods nor Steve McNair.

As with all things whether one is single or attached...balance and moderation is the key.

Dick Dawson
01-26-2010, 06:13 PM
I just read that bullshit article by Keith Murphy. I thought I'd share with you the letter that I plan to send to Essence. This is some bullshit.

Great letter but don't expect any of that to get printed. It's not about telling the truth when it comes to articles like this.

psriches
01-26-2010, 06:31 PM
I usually take psriches post as gospel, but i do not agree with this at all...Maybe it's just a matter of one's interpretation of normalcy. I remember when one of our mutual friends who we party with in Sosua told his wife he was going on a fishing trip in Detroit with another one of our mutual friends. Then upon his return, went to the market, bought some fish for his cooler and returned home to his wife.

That's not my idea of normalcy.

Now if a monger has a situation at home where he can say, "hey babe, i need a little R&R so i'm taking a trip to DR for a week", then that's a different story. I can co-sign on that.

Just my opinion!!!

Hemp
01-26-2010, 07:32 PM
Actually i bought the fish for that mutual friend..lol, it was cooling in my freezer while we partied in sosua.

:p

i feel you PS....i definitely feelz you!

Maybe it's just a matter of one's interpretation of normalcy. I remember when one of our mutual friends who we party with in Sosua told his wife he was going on a fishing trip in Detroit with another one of our mutual friends. Then upon his return, went to the market, bought some fish for his cooler and returned home to his wife.

Now if a monger has a situation at home where he can say, "hey babe, i need a little R&R so i'm taking a trip to DR for a week", then that's a different story. I can co-sign on that.

Just my opinion!!!

Jimmydr
01-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Maybe it's just a matter of one's interpretation of normalcy. I remember when one of our mutual friends who we party with in Sosua told his wife he was going on a fishing trip in Detroit with another one of our mutual friends. Then upon his return, went to the market, bought some fish for his cooler and returned home to his wife.

Just my opinion!!!

I agree with you, its not normal. What if the wife said, hey honey, me and the girls are going away to get some dick, would that be okay?

chicmatic
01-26-2010, 10:36 PM
read part of the article...

I'm surprised they blew Santo Domingo up...there's only so many times i can tell people I'm going to Miami or Las Vegas. I just might have to let them wonder from now on.

givengo440
01-27-2010, 07:47 AM
From now on frat I am going to Africa to help my brothers and sisters less fortunate :eek:

DMV
01-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Damn I thought it would be a few more years before DR was put on blast.
Guess I'll be receiving some calls. When Rio was put out there on that damn BAMF (Bitch Ass Mother Fucker) Micheal Basiden radio show I got calls from girls I had not dated in years.

Fuck it this time, I saying Damn Right I'm going. Think what you want.
I'm single and life is too short.

JD426
01-27-2010, 10:56 AM
read part of the article...

I'm surprised they blew Santo Domingo up...there's only so many times i can tell people I'm going to Miami or Las Vegas. I just might have to let them wonder from now on.

There are always some Pro B Ball players(not too hard to spot) , and other celebs in SD, if u look for them u will find them, esp in the casino hotels. So Im guessing maybe someone bragged about seeing so and so, with some chica(not his wife or GF) and laid it all out about the sex clubs etc. I didnt read the article though.

givengo440
01-27-2010, 12:17 PM
There are always some Pro B Ball players(not too hard to spot) , and other celebs in SD, if u look for them u will find them, esp in the casino hotels. So Im guessing maybe someone bragged about seeing so and so, with some chica(not his wife or GF) and laid it all out about the sex clubs etc. I didnt read the article though. Shit my cousin Smush Parker loves t down there I had a ton of cred in charimicos because he plays there duriing his vacations.

Guess I'll be receiving some calls. When Rio was put out there on that damn BAMF (Bitch Ass Mother Fucker) Micheal Basiden radio show I got calls from girls I had not dated in years.

Screw the callers! I tell em quick unless you sucking this dick or splitting your pussy lips then shut the fuck up before on this phone ur ass will get clicked. Then you'll be talking ot my friend dial tone he always is ready to talk.

lobonegro
01-27-2010, 01:56 PM
Here we go with this dumb shit again...

ElPlomero
01-27-2010, 02:39 PM
I agree with you, its not normal. What if the wife said, hey honey, me and the girls are going away to get some dick, would that be okay?

Sure. Why not? I'm not hitting it, what do I care if someone else does?

ElPlomero
01-27-2010, 03:01 PM

I have to say that I agree and disagree with you.

Some people use the word marriage to describe what they believe can only be one type of relationship. The fact is that there are many types of marriages.

I guess, the most traditional and restrictive would be that from the time you say "I do", you never go anywhere without the wife, never vacation without the wife, and definately never leave the country and go with or meet friends there without your wife.

The other extreme would have you only being married from the point of view of your Form 1040 and you do little if anything with your spouse.

If you're trying to have a relationship with a woman based around the belief that she is for you and you alone and you are for her and her alone, what are you doing being a hobbyist?

On the other hand, some people have marriages where the guy (and/or the girl) goes places with friends without their partner to do things outside the marriage.

Normally, in my opinion, neither partner is very happy in this type of relationship, but both have decided to say in it for a variety of reasons. But that too, is a generalization.

I am in one of this type of marriage.

I haven't vacationed with my wife in 5 years and she takes vacations without me.

We no longer share a bed, and try to do very little with one another, but I can assure you... we are married.

So... like I said... I agree and disagree, according to the type of marriage that you are considering.

And for those who inevitably throw in their: "If you're not in love with your wife, why stay in the marriage?", I say that everyone does what they do for their own reasons and everyone else should just accept that fact.

Just my 2 cents.

greydread
01-27-2010, 03:12 PM

Daam Jimmy I'm surprised at you.....have you been skipping lessons again?

She'll NEVER say it, but you'd better assume it.

What color is the sky on Planet Naive?

All marriages are marriages of "convenience".

TONYTNT40
01-27-2010, 03:59 PM

Guys would call in and tell Michael Baisden all the details. Baisden would ask, where do black men go besides Rio, and guys would call in and tell him. Guys talk too much, they are showing movies of them having sex with girls in Rio in unisex barbershops. Whenever I girl ask me about Rio or the DR, I ask them about Jamaica, and they all say the same thing" what happens in Jamaica stays in Jamaica". This will blow over fast because its old news, the 1st Essence article made them aware of what we do. In a few months they will forget about this and will be bitching about something else.

carolinajack
01-27-2010, 09:30 PM
I have a bud that has never taken a meaningful trip with his wife and when she goes to visit her family in Columbia - he sleeps with a knife under his pillow and baseball bat next to his bed for fear she'll send her brothers over to murder him and make it look like a botched robbery...

...he's never been to her home country for the same reason - she'll set him up and the cops will blow it off as a dumb gringo who went down the wrong street...(so he says)...

...I could never live like that.

As I said - BALANCE - when I went to the AFC championship game in Indy I took my better half...as we're getting on the plane going to Indy one of the ticket agents (West Indian woman) walks over and says to my wife "Your husband gets the man of the day award - of all the guys going to the game (plane full of Jets jerseys) - yours is the only one taking his wife."

We both laugh...in the walkway towards plane I tell her "You know what she said was code for 'If you dont treat him right hun and he comes back to NYC alone I'll be her to take care of him'...my wife cracks up; but when she sees what that woman saw on board, she gives me a hug and kiss.

In March I'm taking her to Cleveland to see LeBron vs. the Celts - she has a real thing for "the King"...next week we'll be partying in Miami (Super Bowl) -and in May the Derby...

...so when I say hun, "headed to the DR for that conference..." - she'll simply say "be careful with all that's going on down there..."

Hell at my last "conference" - I even told her that I met some young "teachers" that I hung out a with bit - danced with - flirted with...

...all that led to some hot home cookin' when I got back...

BOTTOMLINE (IMHO - give your lady as much truth as she can handle.

There are some who take their wives with them to Sosua and go "hunting" together.

Others who have legitimate business concerns abroad - so a trip to the Carribean isn't questioned - as long as she sees some of the fruits of that trip...

...that article could have just as soon have been about the strip clubs in Florida or Madri Gras in Trinidad...as so many have said - this to shall pass.

SeaWeed
01-27-2010, 10:00 PM
well the next time some idiot decides to write one of these articles.......mi hope they pick a place mi have desire to go to........lol........like Greenland or some place in the Northern Tundra where it never gets above freezing.....lol

eastcoastallstar
01-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Some Fag, no doubt.

Women will always have guys with alternate agendas to snitch us out and we will keep it moving. Looks like a bunch of new guys will be visiting Colombia in the coming months and years. This article may be all the push they'll need.

I had to die laughing at this one, This sounded like it came out of my pops mouth. :rofl:

mikelodge
01-27-2010, 11:29 PM

Thank God I don't think they sell that north of Minneapolis. (NO offense to anyone). I have never seen it on the shelves here. Now if they put it in the highly accredited publications like the Star and National Enquiror in the grocery store lines we I mean YOU would all really be in trouble.

Glad I am not married anymore. :p

Dragonlorde
01-27-2010, 11:58 PM
Yeah, this came up as topic of discussion at my cigar club last week. Some of the guys say that their wives or girlfriends definitely not let them go now. I keep it to myself, but I do not want guys with wives or girlfriends going to the DR with me anyway.

So far, I have been confronted by a couple of women at work who know I have been to the DR. I just let them have their say, blow it off, and keep going with giving them a response.

The pussy ass dude who wrote this should be strung up by his nuts. Guys like this are just trying to get their 15 minutes of fame and think that he is somehow endearing himself to women by throwing the rest of mankind under the bus. On second thought...he probably hangs up in Dupont Circle in DC eating ice cream cones.

Dragonlorde
01-28-2010, 12:11 AM

I cannot agree more. If the guy has to hide going to the DR, then maybe it is not for him. I am single and I monger. And I could give a fuck about the article.

thirdrexx
01-28-2010, 12:54 AM
"......I keep it to myself, but I do not want guys with wives or girlfriends going to the DR with me anyway...."

:( I have to agree after couple trips to sosua with grown men who can make up their own mind returning home their women look to blame anyone but their own relationships

ErikS
01-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Tony Toca and myself stopped by the Cuba Libre last night. The front bar was pretty empty. We asked the chicas working there "Donde esta Fred?". They said he was in the back watching the Bball game (LAL vs Indy).
He was in the (new) back bar, but instead of watching the game, he had the latest issue of Essence open in front of him and was reading the article in question.
I asked him how it was and he said: "Nothing new, same old same old. And no mention of Sosua. Only Santo Domingo".

Pedrowantit
01-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Just another kind of comment. Haven't you seen all of the western ladies in th Discos at the beach in Cabarete hunting the Dominican guys. So its not just a man "hobby".

greydread
01-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Just another kind of comment. Haven't you seen all of the western ladies in th Discos at the beach in Cabarete hunting the Dominican guys. So its not just a man "hobby".

Yeah, but they're "Romance Travellers".

It's not the same. :rolleyes:

curiousdude
01-28-2010, 01:20 PM
I have a bud that has never taken a meaningful trip with his wife and when she goes to visit her family in Columbia - he sleeps with a knife under his pillow and baseball bat next to his bed for fear she'll send her brothers over to murder him and make it look like a botched robbery...

...he's never been to her home country for the same reason - she'll set him up and the cops will blow it off as a dumb gringo who went down the wrong street...(so he says)...

...I could never live like that.

Wow, that's some marriage:rolleyes::eek::eek:...yeah, I don't think I'll be marrying again.:rofl:

dunedain
01-28-2010, 09:21 PM
aaahhhhh, things like this is what makes being single and enjoying the options great!!!

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/106324b256d07c8947.jpg

dunedain
01-28-2010, 09:33 PM
on a serious note; this is the type of s**t that I can't stand.:mad:

modern america; bitch made men living in the Feminated States of America.

All of this crap is bitch made and fully endorsed by bitches throughout the country. What more bitch can something or a mentality be, " if I can't have any fun or be happy then no one is happy!!"

I have many things to say but I'll start with this message for Murray

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/106324b6248ac422e1.jpg

dunedain
01-28-2010, 09:35 PM
no Murray, I take it back

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/106324b624949d32f7.jpg

dunedain
01-28-2010, 09:43 PM
This is ridiculous, K Murray if this is the former hip hop artist, you may have had fame and fortune at one point. But you never had and never will again have FREEDOM!!

This applies to you

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/106324b624aa7c62d6.gif

Until then, do me and us fun time mongers a favor

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/106324b624b110f608.jpg

Carlito202
01-29-2010, 11:06 PM
He's clearly foul, but I'm not particularly bothered. Most women I know are aware of what time it is in Sosua (dudes have been shooting their mouths off for some time now).

Here's the thing: if you say "Hon, I'm thinking of going on a guy's trip to...," they automatically assume something's up, and google the hell out of that location. See, location doesn't matter. You can get laid at the Vatican. It's all about the company you're keeping.

Or did you think that guys were the only ones lurking on sites like these :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Good point Husl2001!!!

dunedain
01-30-2010, 08:10 PM
i agree, good point hus!!:iconTU:

but as far as Murray

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/106324b64d8854a6df.jpg

jonblaze
02-14-2010, 09:52 AM
http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-beware-of-your-mans-vacation-to-the-dominican-republic/

Link to some chic cosigning that lame ass article. If you click on her name it will show you her profile and relationship status, of course you don't have to guess what it is.