PDA

View Full Version : Another gringo slaughtered

WickedWillie
01-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Last Monday night, Paolo Gincastro, 41, an Italian resident of Villas Caribe near Coconut Palms was shot and killed in his home in what police say was a robbery.

Mr Gincastro had lived in the DR for many years and worked as a kitesurfing instructor.

His 72 year old mother awoke just before 3 am when she heard voices but was sent back to her room.

Minutes later she heard gunshots and then discovered her son had been killed. He was shot 4 times, twice in the back and once in the neck and side.

On Wednesday, after Paolo's mother identified him, police arrested Jose (Jordan) Lizardo Medina, 34, of 'La Cienaga' a shithole campo in Cabarete.

Lizardo was apparently wanted in connection with other crimes committed in the Sosua and Cabarete area. He allegedly admitted to the police that he used crack.

RIP Paulo. He was well known in Cabarete and will be missed by his many friends.

And all this for RD$4,500 and a fucking cellphone.

The police knew this was a wanted guy, and a crackhead to boot. I'm sure it wouldn't have been too difficult to have picked him up at some point. Wankers.

I've always held the opinion that the usual subects for this type of bad shit is older type guys, who presumably the ladrones think will be an easier target.

But that's now 3 gringos since Christmas, 2 of which were in-shape early 40's guys.

This is the motherfucker who allegedly did it. Cunt.

http://www.elnuevodiario.com.do/app/renderimage.aspx?s=8&m=0&i=E6C99EC5-15D4-46AA-B0BB-51EA9CFAAB19&f=368

Report in Spanish at link below contains some pretty gruesome photos

http://sacandomelao.blogspot.com/2010/01/matan-en-cabarete-empresario-italiano.html#more (http://sacandomelao.blogspot.com/2010/01/matan-en-cabarete-empresario-italiano.html#more)

SeaWeed
01-25-2010, 05:56 PM
geezzzzzz.........sorry to hear this......mi can't believe all this chit mon.........too many deaths in too short of a period of time on the North Coast.....

soon come Jamaica

greydread
01-25-2010, 11:32 PM
Playing with fire and surprised at getting burnt?

there's more to the story than makes the news without fail.

jensenspecial
01-25-2010, 11:41 PM
as usual...no more comment

yourmomma999
01-26-2010, 05:22 AM
that really sucks. I thought it was like absolutely necessary if you live in the dr to have a minimum of one shotgun under your bed.

Last Monday night, Paolo Gincastro, 41, an Italian resident of Villas Caribe near Coconut Palms was shot and killed in his home in what police say was a robbery.

Mr Gincastro had lived in the DR for many years and worked as a kitesurfing instructor.

His 72 year old mother awoke just before 3 am when she heard voices but was sent back to her room.

Minutes later she heard gunshots and then discovered her son had been killed. He was shot 4 times, twice in the back and once in the neck and side.

On Wednesday, after Paolo's mother identified him, police arrested Jose (Jordan) Lizardo Medina, 34, of 'La Cienaga' a shithole campo in Cabarete.

Lizardo was apparently wanted in connection with other crimes committed in the Sosua and Cabarete area. He allegedly admitted to the police that he used crack.

RIP Paulo. He was well known in Cabarete and will be missed by his many friends.

And all this for RD$4,500 and a fucking cellphone.

The police knew this was a wanted guy, and a crackhead to boot. I'm sure it wouldn't have been too difficult to have picked him up at some point. Wankers.

I've always held the opinion that the usual subects for this type of bad shit is older type guys, who presumably the ladrones think will be an easier target.

But that's now 3 gringos since Christmas, 2 of which were in-shape early 40's guys.

This is the motherfucker who allegedly did it. Cunt.

Click to see pic (http://www.elnuevodiario.com.do/app/renderimage.aspx?s=8&m=0&i=E6C99EC5-15D4-46AA-B0BB-51EA9CFAAB19&f=368)

Report in Spanish at link below contains some pretty gruesome photos

http://sacandomelao.blogspot.com/2010/01/matan-en-cabarete-empresario-italiano.html#more (http://sacandomelao.blogspot.com/2010/01/matan-en-cabarete-empresario-italiano.html#more)

mikelodge
01-27-2010, 10:41 PM
that really sucks. I thought it was like absolutely necessary if you live in the dr to have a minimum of one shotgun under your bed.

Think of all the unreported robberies and muggings of people to embarrassed to report it or afraid of getting their name in the paper.

It could be hundreds a month. I think hardware stores could make some good money selling some self defense items. Even a short lead pipe filled with sand and capped on the ends would bash some of these scum bags skulls.

Danger Danger Lurks Everywhere :eek::mad::(:mad:

Dragonlorde
01-27-2010, 11:31 PM
My thoughts go out his mother and the rest of family and friends.

This really sucks and making me rethink purchasing a property in the DR. I am tired of hearing people use the economy and hard times as an excuse for this shit. No one is entitled to take anything from another person regardless of their circumstances.

This shit keeps up people are going stop going and we will how that the fragile DR economy holds together. If the police and government grow a brain, they will take action to mitigate this shit.

WickedWillie
01-28-2010, 11:16 AM

This really sucks and making me rethink purchasing a property in the DR. I am tired of hearing people use the economy and hard times as an excuse for this shit. No one is entitled to take anything from another person regardless of their circumstances.

This shit keeps up people are going stop going and we will how that the fragile DR economy holds together. If the police and government grow a brain, they will take action to mitigate this shit.

I'm now in my 8th year of living here permanently.

I don't think that it is any worse here now than it was before.

However in my time here I have known personally about a dozen people murdered.

In my previous 40 odd years in the UK and the US, not a single one.

That stat for me speaks volumes.

Roy
01-28-2010, 11:20 AM

OK, I can't help myself. I have to know the answer to the question this statement lends itself to:

What could a person do that justifies his murder?

Jimmydr
01-28-2010, 11:24 AM
OK, I can't help myself. I have to know the answer to the question this statement lends itself to:

There are many lowlifes that flee their home countries and settle in third world countries.

greydread
01-28-2010, 12:51 PM

The only thing that "justifies" a murder is the act of committing murder in most rational minds. The problems arise when we depart from the realm of the rational mind and throw some shit in the game. The seedier the setting, the more extreme the consequenses become. There are a few "businesses" wherein the illegality of that business reults in the business being self regulating, meaning disputes can not be settled legally because they would expose the illegal activities on the part of all participants. Two such business areas are the drug trade and the skin trade. Usually where you find one you find both. I have heard of foreign nationals getting into loansharking and all types of nefarious escapades in the D.R. and the bottom line is that when you engage in activities which appeal to the darker side of Human nature you must expect the worst from everyone that you come into contact with and be prepared.

A great deal can be determined about the circumstances which surround a murder by the result of that murder and the way in which it was carried out. Check the photos in the link, time of death, etc, and you will understand why there won't be a big news flash on the findings of local law enforcement. This guy wasn't killed for his money and his cell phone. He was executed. He wasn't some innocent beachcomber who stumbled onto the wrong pathway. Read. "....his mother awoke when she heard voices but was sent back to her room". How does that make sense to anyone? This guy wasn't just shot. He was blazed. He wasn't up at 3am looking for a pint of milk. What could he possibly have to say to some crackhead at 3 am that he had to send his Mother to bed not to hear? Why would he send her to bed if he was in the middle of being robbed? Most of all, why would he not just give up the $125 and the cell phone when a gun was produced?

I'll give you another hint. The guy died with his eyes wide open. The first shot killed him. The others were a message.

Roy
01-28-2010, 08:10 PM

enough said, and well said!

It helps all to know that if you are a tourist, doing "tourist things", you are 99.9% likely to be perfectly fine. Reminds me of Steve Irwin on his Animal Planet shows, I always wondered when a snake would bite him. You poke enough of 'em in the eye, you're gonna get venom.

BicBoner
01-29-2010, 09:02 AM
I have seen things like this in the past mostly in Colombia. Most of the time it was someone who moved there , not tourists. What happens is that people(lowlife type) watch you for a good period of time and know what your routine is , where you go, when you go, ect, and then make there move and sometimes the outcome is not ideal. Maybe this guy was mixed up in something else or just as stated, he was a victim of someone capatalizing on his routine, Either way, it sucks.

BicBoner:iconTU:

DominicanBilly
01-29-2010, 10:06 AM
I'm now in my 8th year of living here permanently.

I don't think that it is any worse here now than it was before.

However in my time here I have known personally about a dozen people murdered.

In my previous 40 odd years in the UK and the US, not a single one.

That stat for me speaks volumes.

I retired here in 1992 and spent the first 10 years as a snowbird but have lived here full time since 2003. As above in my first 50 years in Canada I never knew a single person who was murdered.

Here in the last 5 years I have passing acquaintance with 3 people (gringos) who have met with foul play.

Having said that, Greydread's post hits the nail right on the head. All three that I knew were living in the grey areas like money lending etc.

Jimmydr
01-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Having said that, Greydread's post hits the nail right on the head. All three that I knew were living in the grey areas like money lending etc.

That can't be good.

snoozer
01-29-2010, 11:56 AM
I retired here in 1992 and spent the first 10 years as a snowbird but have lived here full time since 2003. As above in my first 50 years in Canada I never knew a single person who was murdered.

Here in the last 5 years I have passing acquaintance with 3 people (gringos) who have met with foul play.

I was going to post almost exactly the same thing, only I have been around Sosua for 5 years and know 3 people who have been murdered and now I know someone who was 'kidnapped'

MrHappy
01-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Oh, I'm sure that this scum piece of shit crackhead just decided out of the blue to show up at this guys house at some ungodly hour of the morning.

And of course, the guy more than happily opened up the door to talk to the scum piece of shit crackhead to see what he could possibly want.

Perhaps the scum piece of shit crackhead had found religion, and wanted to do some witnessing.

Anything's possible, I guess..

Roy
01-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Oh, I'm sure that this scum piece of shit crackhead just decided out of the blue to show up at this guys house at some ungodly hour of the morning.

And of course, the guy more than happily opened up the door to talk to the scum piece of shit crackhead to see what he could possibly want.

Perhaps the scum piece of shit crackhead had found religion, and wanted to do some witnessing.

Anything's possible, I guess..

I'd still like to know the line where one goes from a dirt bag mongerer to a "scum bag piece of shit".... rhetorically speaking

greydread
01-30-2010, 12:01 AM
I'd still like to know the line where one goes from a dirt bag mongerer to a "scum bag piece of shit".... rhetorically speaking

The dirt bag monger got offed by the scumbag piece of shit crackhead.... rhetorically speaking.

bigtittylicker
01-30-2010, 12:29 AM
enough said, and well said!

It helps all to know that if you are a tourist, doing "tourist things", you are 99.9% likely to be perfectly fine. Reminds me of Steve Irwin on his Animal Planet shows, I always wondered when a snake would bite him. You poke enough of 'em in the eye, you're gonna get venom.

A stingray of all things got him in the heart. R.I.P. STEVE

bigtittylicker
01-30-2010, 12:34 AM
I think more than not some of the murders were people doing something possibly not kosher. but for you guys who live there if you can speak SPanish and read the local papers or watch the local news there have been a few gringos in the past few years murdered and butchered solely because someone wanted to rob their house and it was the people who worked for them. I do not know names sorry. But ask any Dominican there and they will tell you. For the most part It looks way safer to me than the south bronx as long as you stay away from LA UNION, the area near the prison in puerto plata, and the one street across the street from burger king that goes behind a shopping plaza. And dont stay out too late at night. Keep a shotgun in your home if you live there is a must. and you can not show you have too much money. A licensed pistol is a good idea.

continentalmike
01-30-2010, 09:02 AM
I think more than not some of the murders were people doing something possibly not kosher. but for you guys who live there if you can speak SPanish and read the local papers or watch the local news there have been a few gringos in the past few years murdered and butchered solely because someone wanted to rob their house and it was the people who worked for them. I do not know names sorry. But ask any Dominican there and they will tell you. For the most part It looks way safer to me than the south bronx as long as you stay away from LA UNION, the area near the prison in puerto plata, and the one street across the street from burger king that goes behind a shopping plaza. And dont stay out too late at night. Keep a shotgun in your home if you live there is a must. and you can not show you have too much money. A licensed pistol is a good idea.

Keep firearms only if you know how to use them and have had some experience actually using them in anger.... otherwise you'll end up either shooting when you're not ready or being shot...

greydread
01-30-2010, 11:06 AM
Keep firearms only if you know how to use them and have had some experience actually using them in anger.... otherwise you'll end up either shooting when you're not ready or being shot...

Actually "anger" and firearms don't mix. I would change that to "under duress". Being prepared with deadly force requires emotions to be kept in check. Anger makes mistakes. It is "fear's" ugly cousin.

continentalmike
01-30-2010, 11:24 AM
you knew exactly what I meant, the anger is coming from the gun, the emotion must be kept on ice at all times in any combat scenario...as far as this is possible, I've never been really icecold except in clear-cut 100% intel situ's with superior firepower on my side; otherwise there's always the very hightened visual and audio sensibility, the much faster than normal thinking and the exhaliration of coming through when you score a victory

bentwire
01-30-2010, 12:47 PM
I do not think there needs to be hate or anger involved to defend yourself or your property with deadly force,, I would not necessarily need to be angry or scared to blow your head off if you enter my home with intentions to rob or kill me or my family.

guns do not kill people, the impact of the bullet creates the damage

greydread
01-30-2010, 01:10 PM
,, I would not necessarily need to be angry or scared to blow your head off if you enter my home with intentions to rob or kill me or my family.

Start with the chest cavity and go for a heart/ lung shot. Even if the guy is wearing a vest the impact will immobilize the head for your "kill" shot.

If you do have to shoot a home invader you'd better make sure that mothafucka doesn't survive. It's hard to argue with a story that only has one side.

bentwire
01-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Start with the chest cavity and go for a heart/ lung shot. Even if the guy is wearing a vest the impact will immobilize the head for your "kill" shot.

If you do have to shoot a home invader you'd better make sure that mothafucka doesn't survive. It's hard to argue with a story that only has one side.

I like to shoot for the left eyeball, and would never shoot if a kill was not the end result no matter how many bullets it took.