PDA

View Full Version : What type of video camera

will_blueprint
02-22-2005, 12:06 PM
On my trip to the DR I plan to get some fottage so I can start sharing with you guys. W am trying to decide between the canon elura 65 and the sony hc42 Both give nice quality regular vid, but i wanna do some incognito night vision stuff. I heard the sony is better for that. can u guys recommend anything?

Reel Deal
02-22-2005, 12:08 PM
On my trip to the DR I plan to get some fottage so I can start sharing with you guys. W am trying to decide between the canon elura 65 and the sony hc42 Both give nice quality regular vid, but i wanna do some incognito night vision stuff. I heard the sony is better for that. can u guys recommend anything?Something that won't pique the interest of Customs. A single guy going to a monger area with a video camera raises eyebrows...

el_papi_chew_low
02-22-2005, 01:20 PM
On my trip to the DR I plan to get some fottage so I can start sharing with you guys. W am trying to decide between the canon elura 65 and the sony hc42 Both give nice quality regular vid, but i wanna do some incognito night vision stuff. I heard the sony is better for that. can u guys recommend anything?

I recommend you go to one of the numerous sites that reviews cameras and has threads such as this about them. You can find out a lot more that way about which ones work best in which conditions and which is the best value in your price range.

Reel Deal
02-22-2005, 01:25 PM

I recommend you go to one of the numerous sites that reviews cameras and has threads such as this about them. You can find out a lot more that way about which ones work best in which conditions and which is the best value in your price range.www.cnet.com

An outstanding electronic review site.

Bug Boy
02-22-2005, 01:55 PM
On my trip to the DR I plan to get some fottage so I can start sharing with you guys. W am trying to decide between the canon elura 65 and the sony hc42 Both give nice quality regular vid, but i wanna do some incognito night vision stuff. I heard the sony is better for that. can u guys recommend anything?Something that won't pique the interest of Customs. A single guy going to a monger area with a video camera raises eyebrows...I not only bring a video camera, but on one trip, I brought a tripod and some additional lighting. Nobody ever checks carry-ons, let alone luggage.

Of course, I fly into SDQ. From the posts on this site, the POP airport seems pretty corrupt.

-Helpmann

nuhomet
02-22-2005, 02:09 PM
On my trip to the DR I plan to get some fottage so I can start sharing with you guys. W am trying to decide between the canon elura 65 and the sony hc42 Both give nice quality regular vid, but i wanna do some incognito night vision stuff. I heard the sony is better for that. can u guys recommend anything?Something that won't pique the interest of Customs. A single guy going to a monger area with a video camera raises eyebrows...I not only bring a video camera, but on one trip, I brought a tripod and some additional lighting. Nobody ever checks carry-ons, let alone luggage.

Of course, I fly into SDQ. From the posts on this site, the POP airport seems pretty corrupt.

-Helpmann

I've used STI the last three times and they just waved Eric and I through. don't check anything, no shake downs. The $ to get to Sosua by cab can be steep. Only a good Idea if you are sharing a cab or plan to stay in STI for a day or so then go to Sosua. Casa Blanca was great is it still open???

SDQ to Sosua is a bitch of a ride. John had a taxi pick me up in Santo Domingo one time as a favor and it took forever to get to The Palace

Don Tomas
02-22-2005, 02:53 PM
Casa Blanca was great is it still open???

Yes

nomad
02-22-2005, 03:01 PM
I have a digital canon and it sucks at night.My$250 vhs jvc camcorder is better at night then my expensive canon

will_blueprint
02-22-2005, 03:05 PM
yeah i decided to go withthe sony

BROOKLYN_357
02-22-2005, 03:07 PM
i went with kodak...no problems with the memory card...small and compact and no hassles at customs...i fly into STI and never got hasseled