PDA

View Full Version : Highway from Santo Domingo to Peurto Plata

Summit
01-28-2010, 01:56 AM
I am renting a car in Santo Domingo in a couple of weeks, and will be driving up to Sosua from Santo Domingo. I heard today, that the road between the two places was washed out, and hoped I could confirm that with some of the ISOC guys that live in DR. All help will be much appreciated and I will be glad to buy you a Presidente or two.
Thanks Nomad

MrHappy
01-28-2010, 05:31 AM
The road that's washed out is the touristic route, the route through Mao and the one through Navarette are fine.

ErikS
01-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Or your could go the "back way" on the new toll highway from Santo Domingo to Nagua. Then connect with highway 5 going through Rio San Jua, Cabarete, etc. to Sosua.

(Unless the toll highway is the one that was washed out? I assummed you ment the washed out road was the moutain route from Santiago that comes out by Montellano?)

WickedWillie
01-28-2010, 11:10 AM
The road that's washed out is the touristic route, the route through Mao and the one through Navarette are fine.

I think you meant Moca. Although the shortest and most scenic it is not the easiest of routes to take unless you know how to get through the town and find the turn-off for the mountains the other side. It isn't sign posted.

MrHappy
01-28-2010, 01:06 PM
I think you meant Moca. Although the shortest and most scenic it is not the easiest of routes to take unless you know how to get through the town and find the turn-off for the mountains the other side. It isn't sign posted.

Moca, Mao... what's the difference!!!!!

Let me pull my foot out of my mouth long enough to admit you're right. I've got Mao on the brain, cause there's sooooo many beautiful girls up there!!!

Eric, that's right, the tourist road is the one that comes out next to Montellano.

Actually for me, taking the new highway isn't the quickest, because I live in Northern Santo domingo, close to km 13 of the Duarte highway. I'd be adding a minimum of two hours more to my trip if I were to drive west to take the new highway.

As it it now, I can be in front of Passions in less than 2.5 hours from pulling out of my house, if I take the Moca route.