PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl? "WHO DAT"

Fordtech
01-30-2010, 05:27 PM
So is there going to be any Super Bowl parties in Sosua? I have seen a few conversations on it but nothing confirmed. Is there any interest here for Super Bowl Sunday?

gdogg
01-30-2010, 05:47 PM
There's a party at the Shark Bar every year. I'm guessing this year will be the same.

mikelodge
01-30-2010, 05:57 PM
So is there going to be any Super Bowl parties in Sosua? I have seen a few conversations on it but nothing confirmed. Is there any interest here for Super Bowl Sunday?

There is also a Sports Bar called Eddy's on the street the Romonoff is on between PC and Martinez that has all the games on in case Lous is standing room only in a small place like that. Eddy's is pretty big with lots of TV's.

Young Hero
01-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Lou puts on a pretty good SuperBowl party. I think I paid around 1500 pesos for all the booze and food I could drink/eat. The chicken parm sand. was awesome. Some guys complained about the pricing, but I thought the food was excellent. Some of the servers weren't bad looking either :wink:.

mikelodge
01-31-2010, 12:13 AM
Lou puts on a pretty good SuperBowl party. I think I paid around 1500 pesos for all the booze and food I could drink/eat. The chicken parm sand. was awesome. Some guys complained about the pricing, but I thought the food was excellent. Some of the servers weren't bad looking either :wink:.

If that is for the entire game and you drink like a man that price seems very fair. :iconTU:. I like Lou he may not have the cheapest beer prices in town but he talks straight up and that is the way I like it. I don't need to waste time in my life with sidewinders.

JD426
01-31-2010, 12:22 AM
Lous place is like a Little Oasis of Brooklyn NY in the Heart of Sosua.
and Ya cant beat that with a stick... One of these years I will try to make the Super Bowl party. It Sounds like a really Good time.

Mr. Smooth
01-31-2010, 12:41 AM
Lous place is like a Little Oasis of Brooklyn NY in the Heart of Sosua.
and Ya cant beat that with a stick... One of these years I will try to make the Super Bowl party. It Sounds like a really Good time.
I second that. Been in the Shark the last two years for the NCAA Basketball Championship and the atmosphere was great. Though it wasn't asshole to elbow, Lou is a great host always on the lookout for when you need a refill. With his big screen and all the great music from his satelite radio, I don't mind paying a bit more for beer. 100 pesos for a Presidente last time I was there. But the son of a bitch had icicles on it and he had to chip it off before serving me the bottle!

Plus he has these Coney Island hotdogs or something like that which are among the best dogs I've ever tasted. No wonder the NYC guys are always bragging about their food. Good shit.

mikelodge
01-31-2010, 01:17 AM
I second that. Been in the Shark the last two years for the NCAA Basketball Championship and the atmosphere was great. Though it wasn't asshole to elbow, Lou is a great host always on the lookout for when you need a refill. With his big screen and all the great music from his satelite radio, I don't mind paying a bit more for beer. 100 pesos for a Presidente last time I was there. But the son of a bitch had icicles on it and he had to chip it off before serving me the bottle!

Plus he has these Coney Island hotdogs or something like that which are among the best dogs I've ever tasted. No wonder the NYC guys are always bragging about their food. Good shit.

After I get my drink on at Andys by Passions the German Austrian place for 50 pesos a beer I like to head out to the other places in town like Lou's.

For some of us drinkers that get along with Germans, Austrians and Italians I like to hit Andy's next to Passions for the half priced (50 peso beers) then before and after peek a boo at Passions before hitting town like Seacrets and Lou's. :iconTU:

sicpup71
01-31-2010, 02:49 AM

NATHANS :iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU:

http://www.nathansfamous.com/PageFetch/

Mr. Smooth
01-31-2010, 04:13 PM
Ah yes, thats the name. Wasn't sure. I stand corrected. I think I remember seeing those in a supermarket out here in Sacramento. Will have to pick up a pack next time I'm out shopping.

mikelodge
01-31-2010, 04:47 PM
Ah yes, thats the name. Wasn't sure. I stand corrected. I think I remember seeing those in a supermarket out here in Sacramento. Will have to pick up a pack next time I'm out shopping.

They have a Nathans stand right in the Miami airport and in Santiago too for that matter. Love it