PDA

View Full Version : Apartments for rent...

JDR
02-26-2005, 10:32 AM
I am building my house and on the second floor I will have rentals.
What do most of you look for in a monthly rental, 1 or 2 bedrooms?

I will have air conditioning, a generator, hot water and maid service.

It is located near Coastal Gas Station.

There will be airport pick up and drop off for a fee.

Apos
02-26-2005, 10:53 AM

it depends on what type of tenent to want. longer term probably want a generous 1b and shorter term a larger studio would do. I would try 2 or 3 studio and one 1 brdroom or that kind of combo. i also would spend the $$ on decent bathrooms instead of kichen facilities. Who cooks at the palace? I would not build a 2 bedroom. Save that for the 3rd story/penthouse :)

JDR
02-26-2005, 10:56 AM

it depends on what type of tenent to want. longer term probably want a generous 1b and shorter term a larger studio would do. I would try 2 or 3 studio and one 1 brdroom or that kind of combo. i also would spend the $$ on decent bathrooms instead of kichen facilities. Who cooks at the palace?

There will be three units. The Bathrooms will be very good and I am looking for the guys that stay for 2 weeks at a time.

jd_mine
02-26-2005, 12:22 PM
I always want something with at least a bedroom and a living room.
Plus maid service, airco or fan (don't really care), hot water and electricity.
A good stereo system would be a big plus, don't care about tv.
Plus, my big beef with the Palace, closets to put my clothes in! Hate living out of my suitcase!

Apos
02-26-2005, 12:26 PM
I always want something with at least a bedroom and a living room.
Plus maid service, airco or fan (don't really care), hot water and electricity.
A good stereo system would be a big plus, don't care about tv.
Plus, my big beef with the Palace, closets to put my clothes in! Hate living out of my suitcase!

i've been in a few rooms at the palace and they all had a decent sized closet? am i imagining things? :lol:

jd_mine
02-26-2005, 12:40 PM
Yeah, there is a closet, but there are no shelves in it!! Just some (like 3 or 4) hangers and that's it! I've only stayed in 5C, but that's how it is in that room.

Apos
02-26-2005, 12:44 PM
Yeah, there is a closet, but there are no shelves in it!! Just some (like 3 or 4) hangers and that's it! I've only stayed in 5C, but that's how it is in that room.

I thought there was a chest of drawers or dresser too but may be misremembering. i just visited but did not stay there.

jd_mine
02-26-2005, 12:49 PM
Oh yeah, you're right, I forgot about that one. Just enough for my socks and underwear. Have to admit though , if you just stay for like 4 days like most guests, this is more than sufficient.

Apos
02-26-2005, 12:51 PM
Oh yeah, you're right, I forgot about that one. Just enough for my socks and underwear. Have to admit though , if you just stay for like 4 days like most guests, this is more than sufficient.

I travel as lightly packed as possible so a small closet and a table for my carryon is all i need. Others bring 3 bags for 4 days. to each his own!

jd_mine
02-26-2005, 01:03 PM
Nah, it's just the shortest I have ever stayed is two weeks, so I need to bring more stuff than most......this time it's going to be 4 weeks so I'm going to even have to have laundry done! The horror........

JDR
02-26-2005, 02:07 PM
Nah, it's just the shortest I have ever stayed is two weeks, so I need to bring more stuff than most......this time it's going to be 4 weeks so I'm going to even have to have laundry done! The horror........

There will be a living room, closets, hangers and a dresser for cloting. Plus for a fee, laundry service.

Apos
02-26-2005, 02:09 PM

There will be a living room, closets, hangers and a dresser for cloting. Plus for a fee, laundry service.

you mean FREE right! :lol:

JDR
02-26-2005, 02:14 PM

For a fee, who gives free laudry service?

Apos
02-26-2005, 02:17 PM

ROCKY"S where else :lol:

JDR4
02-26-2005, 02:27 PM

ROCKY"S where else :lol:

Stay at Rockies, I forgot "No Canadians" :D

Apos
02-26-2005, 02:36 PM

ROCKY'S where else :lol:

http://www.yvonet.com/IMG/wmv/iamnotcanadian_.wmv

How much are you planning to charge for a studio or 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom?

Apos
02-26-2005, 02:37 PM

ROCKY'S where else :lol:

http://www.yvonet.com/IMG/wmv/iamnotcanadian_.wmv

How much are you planning to charge for a studio or 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom?

JDR
02-26-2005, 02:38 PM
I will charge a bit less than the monthly rate The Europa or One Ocean charges.

Apos
02-26-2005, 02:40 PM
I will charge a bit less than the monthly rate The Europa or One Ocean charges.

what about studio prices? pretend you had them available today.

JDR
02-26-2005, 03:07 PM
Looks like I will have 3 one bedrooms. Price will be about $450 a month or $250 for 2 weeks.

Apos
02-26-2005, 03:09 PM
Looks like I will have 3 one bedrooms. Price will be about $450 a month or $250 for 2 weeks.

that sounds like a very fair price! :D

any idea on the completion date for them?

JDR
02-26-2005, 03:11 PM

that sounds like a very fair price! :D

any idea on the completion date for them?

July 2006.

jd_mine
02-26-2005, 03:11 PM

That's VERY fair including the maid service!

Apos
02-26-2005, 03:12 PM

That's VERY fair including the maid service!

i'll stay there if JDR allows Canadian Content :roll:

BROOKLYN_357
02-26-2005, 05:22 PM
i usually look for 2 bedrooms

gdogg
02-26-2005, 08:19 PM
Jimmy,

I DEMAND an eight night rate!!
:twisted:

Don Tomas
03-08-2005, 04:47 AM

What about rentals in Santiago?

BTW I met some Canadians that were renting a 6,000 sq.ft. house in Santiago for US$650/month! It had 5 bedrooms, 9 balconys, 7 bathrooms, and servant's quarters.

That makes Jimmy's US$450/month rate look like a gringo rate! :shock:

BrooklynBeas
03-08-2005, 09:06 AM
I demand free laundry service and blow jobs by the maid!... What the hell is pretend you had it today what will you charge... I will now pretend i have a hotel in DR... It is free for everyone!... This will change if and when I really have one..

Gladiator
03-08-2005, 05:04 PM
Jimmy, an electronic safe in the apartments would be a plus too.

JDR
03-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Jimmy, an electronic safe in the apartments would be a plus too.

Thats a must.

RickRock
03-17-2005, 01:31 PM
Jimmy,

Internet access - at least DSL or Cable Speed would be a plus. And a real comfortable sofa.

I would be interested if you offer a weekly rate as well. Maybe I suggest $150 for 7 days. (based on your $250 for 2 weeks rate)

Airport pick-up and drop-off car service arrangements.

Cheers,
Almotu

I am trying for monthly but will rent it by the week, of course.

JDR
03-17-2005, 01:35 PM
Jimmy,

Internet access - at least DSL or Cable Speed would be a plus. And a real comfortable sofa.

I would be interested if you offer a weekly rate as well. Maybe I suggest $150 for 7 days. (based on your $250 for 2 weeks rate)

Cheers,
Almotu

It will be ready next year. Drop off should be included?

Apos
03-17-2005, 07:52 PM
Jimmy,

Cheers,
Almotu

It will be ready next year. Drop off should be included?

both are at my current fav place! :o