PDA

View Full Version : Luggage to DR?

Fordtech
01-31-2010, 04:26 PM
When I travel to the Philippines I always carry a carry-on with me with 2 days of cloths because of lost luggage in the past. Anyone ever have a problem flying to dr and not getting luggage there? I am flying Delta and only layover is in Atlanta where I change planes.

Jimmydr
01-31-2010, 04:28 PM
When I travel to the Philippines I always carry a carry-on with me with 2 days of cloths because of lost luggage in the past. Anyone ever have a problem flying to dr and not getting luggage there? I am flying Delta and only layover is in Atlanta where I change planes.

They do laundry in Sosua, cheap you know.

dunedain
01-31-2010, 06:52 PM
You should be good to go in ATL. Its Miami and American Airlines that loses luggage as if it was an olympic event.

SeaWeed
01-31-2010, 07:35 PM
da "ZOO"

chicmatic
01-31-2010, 07:46 PM
my checked bag was delayed my last trip. I made it to POP around 4:20 PM on a Wednesday and didn't get my bag until 7PM Thursday. I was on American through Miami but I'm pretty sure that US Airways dropped the ball. They told me that whoever does the final leg of the trip will take the rap for the delay. AA credited me 2500 for the inconvenience.

greydread
01-31-2010, 08:07 PM
When I travel to the Philippines I always carry a carry-on with me with 2 days of cloths because of lost luggage in the past.

Keep doing what you've been doing for past trips.

mikelodge
01-31-2010, 08:42 PM
Keep doing what you've been doing for past trips.

I agree with Jimmy the laundrys are dirt cheap. I don't like waiting for luggage to probably show up especially on the way back home when I go through Miami I can clear customs before the crowd gets their bags and go have a beer and relax when I get to the concourse I am going to.

With just a carry on roller bag like the flight atttendants use I can easily fit enough clothes in there for the week with a shaving kit. Plus keep the phone and chargers in with my laptop bag. Last time when I was there in the rain 2-3 weeks ago I got the warmer clothes I wore down wet and I only had the one pair of jeans since I where shorts pretty much the whole time I am there.

I was going to go to a laundry again and the maid saw me bagging up dirty clothes and asked me "You want cleaned" so sure. They were back in my room when I returned later and I saw her and offered only 100 pesos since that was all I had in small bills other than coins and she smiled and thanked me. :biggrin:

rookie44
01-31-2010, 11:53 PM
American Airlines Sucks in Miami. Twice in a row July 09 and December 09 they did not get my bags on the plane to Puerto Plata. Both times I got the bags 24 hours later both times they credited my 7,000 miles. I bitched with them back and forth through emails. Going again in March American is the cheapest and I will take an extra change of clothes you can believe that. Like the other guys stated just prepare for them to delay your bags, just in case especially in Miami.:mad::mad:

mikelodge
02-01-2010, 12:18 AM
American Airlines Sucks in Miami. Twice in a row July 09 and December 09 they did not get my bags on the plane to Puerto Plata. Both times I got the bags 24 hours later both times they credited my 7,000 miles. I bitched with them back and forth through emails. Going again in March American is the cheapest and I will take an extra change of clothes you can believe that. Like the other guys stated just prepare for them to delay your bags, just in case especially in Miami.:mad::mad:

I should send a extra bag through just with panties and gifts and if it gets late the 7000 miles would be worth it. Most people get like 2000 you must have got a sucker. Good for you

daddy999
02-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Best bet is if you can bring carry on and forget about checking in bags through American. I have not heard any complaints through Delta, but why found out either if you can help it?