PDA

View Full Version : The development of a newbie

moshy2k
02-27-2005, 01:26 PM
As I count down the time to my third DR trip I get a email from the guy who introduced me to the Dr. He and a couple friends are heading down on April 13-17th and wanted to know if was interested.

Now these guys (I will call them the Dr Bunch) planned to come down in Feb 2005 and ALL backed out at the last minute. I said screw it I am going solo as I was familiar with Sosua (prior weekend trip in 2004) and got tons of info from this site to help me prepare.

Taking that trip solo and meeting up with One, Dog, and a few others and reading the enormous amount of info on this site really opened my eyes to the posibilities in the DR.

I meet up with the Dr bunch about a month ago to tell them about my adventures and show them the pictures. They were amazed at the places I went and the prices I paid the chicas. My very first trip I was paying 1500st and 2k tln to the chicas per the Dr Bunch.

After being on ISOC and learning the REAL DEAL (gotta meet this guy one day) taking a solo trip and meeting up with fellow ISOC guys. I came to the conclusion that the DR Bunch has not fucking clue what they are talking about. They were actually calling me cheap for paying a chica 1000 pesos for short time and 1,500 pesos tln. The also wanted to know why I ran through so many chicas instead of picking one to just hang with.

Now maybe the idea of one fine chica would be appealing to me if we could have a freaking conversation as I speak very little Spanish. I want quality AND variety DAMNIT lollol lol. So I told them that I wasn't changing my hotel and would probably run into them during my trip down in April. I am hoping to hook up with Freakaccident, tmcq and JimmyDr (possibly others) on my next trip.

JDR4
02-27-2005, 01:35 PM
Every week many go alone (Not Really :D ) and hook up with travel buddies and they explore new places as a group. Great thing is you can retire to your room any time you want, you can come down or laeve anytime you want. No more griop discussions about when to go, how long and all that other BS. Log on daily and you will see where everyone is, more or less. My solo April trip is no longer solo, there are 4 others going.

psriches
02-27-2005, 02:10 PM
Hey Moshy!! You are right on with that "language thing". I like to have a temporary girlfriend experience but not for to long. Because if we can't have a decent conversation, what's the point. My spanish skills are limited. It becomes tedious after a while and i just move along........

JDR
02-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Freak Accident, a newbi about to make his first trip in April. Has joined in and has over 200 posts. What does this get him, a seat in the taxi from the get go. :D 8)

Apos
02-27-2005, 02:25 PM
Hey Moshy!! You are right on with that "language thing". I like to have a temporary girlfriend experience but not for to long. Because if we can't have a decent conversation, what's the point. My spanish skills are limited. It becomes tedious after a while and i just move along........

I also speak just a little spanish but my first trip i had almost none. the best thing i did was hang with 1 chica most of the time. it forced me to learn and was great. she really appriciated my effort and the ROI was huge!

since then i've been studying spanish (pimsleur and Michel thomas) and can hold a very basic conversation. i even translate for people when needed.

do't let your lack of spanish hold you back from hanging with the locals. if you make and effort thay will help you and your spanish will increase dramatically.

psriches
02-27-2005, 02:31 PM

I also speak just a little spanish but my first trip i had almost none. the best thing i did was hang with 1 chica most of the time. it forced me to learn and was great. she really appriciated my effort and the ROI was huge!

since then i've been studying spanish (pimsleur and Michel thomas) and can hold a very basic conversation. i even translate for people when needed.

do't let your lack of spanish hold you back from hanging with the locals. if you make and effort thay will help you and your spanish will increase dramatically.Don't get me wrong, i love doing the local thing. I hit local spots and I even keep in touch with some of the chicas. I have been to their homes, met the families, etc. It's just that with a lack of serious comunication, it can become difficult. As my spanish improves, my experiences will improve.

Apos
02-27-2005, 02:32 PM

do't let your lack of spanish hold you back from hanging with the locals. if you make and effort thay will help you and your spanish will increase dramatically.Don't get me wrong, i love doing the local thing. I hit local spots and I even keep in touch with some of the chicas. I have been to their homes, met the families, etc. It's just that with a lack of serious comunication, it can become difficult.

True but i take difficult as a challenge :lol:

psriches
02-27-2005, 02:36 PM

do't let your lack of spanish hold you back from hanging with the locals. if you make and effort thay will help you and your spanish will increase dramatically.Don't get me wrong, i love doing the local thing. I hit local spots and I even keep in touch with some of the chicas. I have been to their homes, met the families, etc. It's just that with a lack of serious comunication, it can become difficult.

True but i take difficult as a challenge :lol:I agree with you there.... And i want that challenge. It makes it all the better in the long run... :wink:

Apos
02-27-2005, 02:39 PM
True but i take difficult as a challenge :lol:[/quote]I agree with you there.... And i want that challenge:wink:[/quote]

:arrow: :arrow: :wink: :wink: say no more :!:

psriches
02-27-2005, 02:43 PM
I read your other post about the language program. I've been studying Pimsleur as well. Between pimsleur, the trips and living in NYC, i know enough to get by. Like i said, knowing the language makes it so much better.

moshy2k
02-27-2005, 02:45 PM
I also picked up a Spanish Languare builder and am trying to pick up more Spoanish before my next trip. And I do agree knowing Spanish makes it alot better.

Bug Boy
02-27-2005, 03:10 PM
As I count down the time to my third DR trip I get a email from the guy who introduced me to the Dr. He and a couple friends are heading down on April 13-17th and wanted to know if was interested.

Now these guys (I will call them the Dr Bunch) planned to come down in Feb 2005 and ALL backed out at the last minute. I said screw it I am going solo as I was familiar with Sosua (prior weekend trip in 2004) and got tons of info from this site to help me prepare.

Taking that trip solo and meeting up with One, Dog, and a few others and reading the enormous amount of info on this site really opened my eyes to the posibilities in the DR.

I meet up with the Dr bunch about a month ago to tell them about my adventures and show them the pictures. They were amazed at the places I went and the prices I paid the chicas. My very first trip I was paying 1500st and 2k tln to the chicas per the Dr Bunch.

After being on ISOC and learning the REAL DEAL (gotta meet this guy one day) taking a solo trip and meeting up with fellow ISOC guys. I came to the conclusion that the DR Bunch has not fucking clue what they are talking about. They were actually calling me cheap for paying a chica 1000 pesos for short time and 1,500 pesos tln. The also wanted to know why I ran through so many chicas instead of picking one to just hang with.

Now maybe the idea of one fine chica would be appealing to me if we could have a freaking conversation as I speak very little Spanish. I want quality AND variety DAMNIT lollol lol. So I told them that I wasn't changing my hotel and would probably run into them during my trip down in April. I am hoping to hook up with Freakaccident, tmcq and JimmyDr (possibly others) on my next trip.Everybody has there own definition of what a "good time" is, but if someone's primary reason is NOT to bang lots of whores at low prices than our definitions differ.

If someone's primary reason to come to the DR is to drink beer and eat chicken with friends than that's their perogative, but I come to FUCK! And as long as the DR (Boca Chica) remains one of the cheapest mongering destinations in the Western hemisphere, I'll continue to come.

-Helpmann 8)

Apos
02-27-2005, 03:17 PM
Everybody has there own definition of what a "good time" is, but if someone's primary reason is NOT to bang lots of whores at low prices than our definitions differ.

If someone's primary reason to come to the DR is to drink beer and eat chicken with friends than that's their perogative, but I come to FUCK! And as long as the DR (Boca Chica) remains one of the cheapest mongering destinations in the Western hemisphere, I'll continue to come.

-Helpmann 8)[/quote]

opinions and definitions vary but if we're having fun then who care? it's all about doing what you want, we're allowed to be selfish, right :)

RearWindow
02-27-2005, 07:33 PM
I will add to this only about language (as mi amigo Helpmann has singled out the best reason). The better your language skills, the better your experience will be. It's not hard to learn spanish poco a poco. Many girls, anywhere, will be pleased to help you with their langauge.It;s great way to meet chicas in a bar.. you don't know how to ask for somegthing, so turn to the chica near you and ask for help..."Desculpeme senorita,...Como se dice..."

BROOKLYN_357
02-27-2005, 08:08 PM
I also picked up a Spanish Languare builder and am trying to pick up more Spoanish before my next trip. And I do agree knowing Spanish makes it alot better.

definitely...i'm even taking a spanish class during the day

DEPUTY DAWG
02-28-2005, 12:41 AM

Now maybe the idea of one fine chica would be appealing to me if we could have a freaking conversation as I speak very little Spanish. I want quality AND variety DAMNIT lollol lol. So I told them that I wasn't changing my hotel and would probably run into them during my trip down in April. I am hoping to hook up with Freakaccident, tmcq and JimmyDr (possibly others) on my next trip.

Dammit I'm wit'ya brother fuck'um and feed'um fish. Who needs them same as the crew that sold me out for this trip in april. I just ordered from amazon.com those pimsleur spanish cd's. I'm going to fumble,bumble and stumble my way through as ASS AS POSASSIBLE
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

gdogg
02-28-2005, 01:28 AM
I will add to this only about language (as mi amigo Helpmann has singled out the best reason). The better your language skills, the better your experience will be. It's not hard to learn spanish poco a poco. Many girls, anywhere, will be pleased to help you with their langauge.It;s great way to meet chicas in a bar.. you don't know how to ask for somegthing, so turn to the chica near you and ask for help..."Desculpeme senorita,...Como se dice..."

The chicas love to help you with your spanish...this is so true! As I've said before, this is ultimate flirting! It builds up sexual tension between the both of you. When you get a difficult phrase right and she understands you...she's so proud. She then commences to fucking your brains out!
:twisted:

Apos
02-28-2005, 05:49 AM

The chicas love to help you with your spanish...this is so true! As I've said before, this is ultimate flirting! It builds up sexual tension between the both of you. When you get a difficult phrase right and she understands you...she's so proud. She then commences to fucking your brains out!
:twisted:

that's all the reason i need!

jd_mine
02-28-2005, 07:01 AM
I just ordered from amazon.com those pimsleur spanish cd's.

Shit man, you should have said something. These things are bloody expensive, but you can download them easily if you know where to look.........

DEPUTY DAWG
02-28-2005, 10:03 AM

Shit man, you should have said something. These things are bloody expensive, but you can download them easily if you know where to look.........

The few that I found were incomplete or the source was too slow uploading. If you have any suggestions I'd greatly appreciated it. I didn't order the complete set just the instant conversation & quick and simple spanish Figured I try this first then move on and take a spring/summer course in spanish 101.

jd_mine
02-28-2005, 10:18 AM
Look either in the newsgroups using something like Newsleecher and Usenet Junkie or use Emule to get it of the peer-to-peer.
I got me all three courses, 30 lessons each.

jd_mine
02-28-2005, 10:19 AM
I just took a look for you. ALL three courses are downloadable right now at alt.binaries.x

jd_mine
02-28-2005, 10:21 AM
Correction: alt.binaries.world-languages

DEPUTY DAWG
02-28-2005, 10:53 AM

The few that I found were incomplete or the source was too slow uploading. If you have any suggestions I'd greatly appreciated it. I didn't order the complete set just the instant conversation & quick and simple spanish Figured I try this first then move on and take a spring/summer course in spanish 101.

BROOKLYN_357
02-28-2005, 03:17 PM
thanks for that site

Kevy
02-28-2005, 05:30 PM
I loaded all 3 with shareaza 2 weeks ago. Now I just need time to go through them all.

Apos
02-28-2005, 08:04 PM
Look either in the newsgroups using something like Newsleecher and Usenet Junkie or use Emule to get it of the peer-to-peer.
I got me all three courses, 30 lessons each.

there's also pimsleur spanish plus, the 4th consisting of 10 lessons :D

Hemp
09-26-2006, 10:00 PM
CLASSIC...

upon finding this site...u DO sorta realize what alot of guys have told u about DR and what to do and pay there is all lackluster and some just plain ole dumb! it was this site and a best friend of mine who grew up there hipped me to the real deal :wink: