PDA

View Full Version : Baily's Lunch Cafeteria

Apos
02-04-2010, 11:51 AM
I have eaten here many times and find it to be one of the best overall places for a Dominican lunch in Sosua. It's located on the far right side of Baily's when facing the restaurant.

It's a cafeteria setup so you can see what is offered, mix and match as you like and get you drinks at the caja. The beef stew is AWESOME and there a many types of chicken offered, fries whole fish and even lasagna.

Drink included I have never paid more that $150RD for lunch and the portions huge. I highly recommend this place for lunch but get there early...it's very popular and the food is pretty much gone before 2:00 or even 1:30.
:iconTU::iconTU::iconTU:

Jimbo44
02-04-2010, 12:04 PM
I have been there, it is more or less a buffet line up, and yes, get there early or it is gone!!

Jimmydr
02-04-2010, 12:07 PM
I have been there, it is more or less a buffet line up, and yes, get there early or it is gone!!

Thats the way it should be, all food gone by two. I hate places that have food laying around to 5PM, from the morning.

mikelodge
02-04-2010, 12:25 PM
I have eaten here many times and find it to be one of the best overall places for a Dominican lunch in Sosua. It's located on the far right side of Baily's when facing the restaurant.

It's a cafeteria setup so you can see what is offered, mix and match as you like and get you drinks at the caja. The beef stew is AWESOME and there a many types of chicken offered, fries whole fish and even lasagna.

Drink included I have never paid more that $150RD for lunch and the portions huge. I highly recommend this place for lunch but get there early...it's very popular and the food is pretty much gone before 2:00 or even 1:30.
:iconTU::iconTU::iconTU:

I looked at it twice and both times ended up going in the bar and ordering off the menu. I was unsure how they based the cost. Is it a set amount or based on how much you take? When you said you never paid more than 150????

I looked at it when I was there and the fish was breaded and fried which I don't eat unless I knew exactly what kind of fish it was and what kind of oil they use.

The lasagna was brown looking like mostly noodles but it might have been good.
The do have a nice selection of fried food like chicken and fish and all the filler side dishes. I will have to look at it again.

Tony Toca
02-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Apos and all others

You might want to check out the restaurant around the corner from Baily's, Luna Llena (next to the hotel Case Cayenne.

They have a Dominican daily special for $100 pesos. It consists of a plate with salad, rice, beans, and the meat special of the day. The food is brought out to you, but the service is very quick, so it does not dry out as with the buffet styles.

The restaurant is run by Abraham, who was the chef at the rest. "El Botin", which was also at the same location. They also have a good Mexican food at night. I enjoyed the chimicangas.

I looked at it twice and both times ended up going in the bar and ordering off the menu. I was unsure how they based the cost. Is it a set amount or based on how much you take? When you said you never paid more than 150????

I looked at it when I was there and the fish was breaded and fried which I don't eat unless I knew exactly what kind of fish it was and what kind of oil they use.

The lasagna was brown looking like mostly noodles but it might have been good.
The do have a nice selection of fried food like chicken and fish and all the filler side dishes. I will have to look at it again.

mikelodge
02-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Apos and all others

You might want to check out the restaurant around the corner from Baily's, Luna Llena (next to the hotel Case Cayenne.

They have a Dominican daily special for $100 pesos. It consists of a plate with salad, rice, beans, and the meat special of the day. The food is brought out to you, but the service is very quick, so it does not dry out as with the buffet styles.

The restaurant is run by Abraham, who was the chef at the rest. "El Botin", which was also at the same location. They also have a good Mexican food at night. I enjoyed the chimicangas.

Good Mexican food I'm In. Do they actually have real salsa? One thing I find missing with meals in the DR. When I have breakfast I always ask for salsa and usually they bring you a bottle of tabasco or some generic hot sauce unless you ask for Salsa Verde.

I never could find any good Mexican in Sosua and had to go to POP to find it. Great tip Tony I will try it in a few days.

jacknback
02-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Was in Baileys all week I was there and never noticed the lunch buffet!! Thanks for the info.Will check it out next time. Also try the little cafeteria next to the icecream stand on the right coming from baileys almost to SeaBreeze.Dominican,meat of the day,etc. Nice portions,cheap. Also food goes quick and they close from 3PM to 6PM.

mho
03-27-2010, 11:56 AM
This was 100 pesos, I think. For a normal everyday lunch, I will barely eat 1/3 of this. This was alot of food!

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=151&pictureid=3757

eastcoastallstar
03-27-2010, 01:14 PM
Great food and you can't beat the price. Once I found out about it I ate there every afternoon.

mikelodge
03-27-2010, 06:30 PM
This was 100 pesos, I think. For a normal everyday lunch, I will barely eat 1/3 of this. This was alot of food!

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=151&pictureid=3757)

Do you have an eating disorder? :lol:

Seriously though buffets must love you if you eat 1/3 of that box for a meal but then I do overeat. :rofl:

mho
03-27-2010, 07:15 PM
Do you have an eating disorder? :lol:

Seriously though buffets must love you if you eat 1/3 of that box for a meal but then I do overeat. :rofl:

Yeah, I only do 1 plate at the Chinese buffet.

I have been trying to cut back for a few years, with varying degrees of sucess. The breakfast at the NG usually fills me up for most of the day since I normally do not eat breakfast.

But that was ALOT of food.

mikelodge
03-27-2010, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I only do 1 plate at the Chinese buffet.

I have been trying to cut back for a few years, with varying degrees of sucess. The breakfast at the NG usually fills me up for most of the day since I normally do not eat breakfast.

But that was ALOT of food.

It is Prime Rib night and my friends offer a 10 oz Petite, 14 oz Queen Cut, 20 oz King Cut and the Imperial Cut 26-28 oz here.

I may eat light tonight and only have the King :rofl: