PDA

View Full Version : Luna Llena

Tony Toca
02-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Apos and all others

You might want to check out the restaurant around the corner from Baily's, Luna Llena (next to the hotel Case Cayenne.

They have a Dominican daily special for $100 pesos. It consists of a plate with salad, rice, beans, and the meat special of the day. The food is brought out to you, but the service is very quick, so it does not dry out as with the buffet styles.

The restaurant is run by Abraham, who was the chef at the rest. "El Botin", which was also at the same location. They also have a good Mexican food at night. I enjoyed the chimicangas.

I looked at it twice and both times ended up going in the bar and ordering off the menu. I was unsure how they based the cost. Is it a set amount or based on how much you take? When you said you never paid more than 150????

I looked at it when I was there and the fish was breaded and fried which I don't eat unless I knew exactly what kind of fish it was and what kind of oil they use.

The lasagna was brown looking like mostly noodles but it might have been good.
The do have a nice selection of fried food like chicken and fish and all the filler side dishes. I will have to look at it again.

DMV
02-04-2010, 02:39 PM
I ate there before. I knew most of the girls there, when they worked at a bar on the beach. The food and price are good.

mikelodge
02-04-2010, 02:45 PM
I ate there before. I knew most of the girls there, when they worked at a bar on the beach. The food and price are good.

Just tell me they have some grilled Mexican style goat and some good Moles and chili relenos and I may have to eat there everyday.

DMV
02-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Just tell me they have some grilled Mexican style goat and some good Moles and chili relenos and I may have to eat there everyday.

I don't remember seeing that on the menu. It was simple items, like Burritos, Chimicangas, Quesadillas.

weyland
02-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Just tell me they have some grilled Mexican style goat ...
Goat is relatively expensive in restaurants. in the mero or camarones price bracket, so you wouldn't get that for 100 pesos anywhere.

mikelodge
02-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Goat is relatively expensive in restaurants. in the mero or camarones price bracket, so you wouldn't get that for 100 pesos anywhere.

I will pay the price if I could find it grilled over mesquite like in Mexico where they call it Cabrito (baby goat) I know in the DR they call it Chivo and I did have a Goat (Chivo) stew at La Finca right on the corner of Rosen and Martinez where the motos park. It wasn't bad but not the same as grilled like Baby back ribs.

psriches
02-04-2010, 05:35 PM
And i've had chivo in Santiago for very cheap. A plate with all the extras for 100 pesos.

psriches
02-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Apos and all others

You might want to check out the restaurant around the corner from Baily's, Luna Llena (next to the hotel Case Cayenne.

They have a Dominican daily special for $100 pesos. It consists of a plate with salad, rice, beans, and the meat special of the day. The food is brought out to you, but the service is very quick, so it does not dry out as with the buffet styles.:eek::eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused:

mikelodge
02-04-2010, 06:14 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused:

Speaking of meat ------ no its not going to be weird-----
The breakfast at Piero where Willi from NG cooks now is unbelieveable meat wise. You can choose eggs with bacon, ham or sausage very basic.
The bacon mostly fat but edible, the ham a unusual sandwich meat that tastes funny like some cold cut maybe old fashioned loaf a bit off that he fries. And best of all the one that made Medic and I almost die laughing.

They were out of Sausage one day so the next time I crashed there I ordered sausage. It was one of those real cheap hotdogs like a fundog/armour/generic the cheapest you could get DEEP fried that looked like someone got there dick bit off and it was still in the condom. :rofl::rofl: Yah I took a bit :eek: aweful.

The next day I asked Willi "do you have any real sausage" he politely said no.

Great place though if you like quiet with only 12 units and want to be away from town. Sosua's got some serious funny mystery meat down there.

JD426
02-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Speaking of meat ------ The next day I asked Willi "do you have any real sausage" he politely said no.
And How exactly did you ask him ? :rofl:

On my very first trip to the DR, my buds thought it would be funny to teach me a couple FOOD words in spanish, they told me that CHICKEN (pollo)
is cometimes Called "pinga" .... u may say, "no they didnt", YES, they did. I almost got my ass kicked.

GOOD thread BTW, I will definitely try Luna Llena in March.

mikelodge
02-04-2010, 06:33 PM
And How exactly did you ask him ? :rofl:

On my very first trip to the DR, my buds thought it would be funny to teach me a couple FOOD words in spanish, they told me that CHICKEN (pollo)
is cometimes Called "pinga" .... u may say, "no they didnt", YES, they did. I almost got my ass kicked.

GOOD thread BTW, I will definitely try Luna Llena in March.

Noone ever tried that one on me but you may remember where I was having a hard time getting the putas to give up the anal. Even Kimberly that the spreadsheet said yes on gave me the dirtiest look and walked away.
Of course I was asking for Chulo and pointing to her ass and me not Culo.

I swear to God I did that with at least 10 girls. Some new what I meant but I am sure some others did not. :eek: I wish I could have at least been in on it so I could have enjoyed a good laugh. But I did it to myself. Picture Kim going over to the other girls and saying he wants to be my Chulo :eek: Hell no

I think Angela my bartender friend who worked at Andys told her I was OK

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_160414b54b1812ba05.jpg (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=69626)