PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question

travelman
02-07-2010, 10:43 AM
I have first trip planned for Feb 18 to 22... I have first 2 days at BB and last 2 at Terra Linda. I think it will give me a good experience. I am an experienced monger CR, Thailand, Mexico, Brazil. But my Spanish SUCKS!!!!

I have a couple of general questions:

One I assume it is shorts or swimsuit and Tshirt during the day. Is it the same at night or is it jeans and long pants for best results ( I am a 50y/o male in decent shape for what that is worth)?

I understand I will get a better GFE if I speak Spanish. How will my experience be with out it?

I would love to here comments about places I should go, things I should do? Places to eat? Clubs I should hit? I know YMMV but I like some thoughts from recent travelors.

One last thought. You might want to put a newbie section in for guys to ask dumb questions like these.

Jimmydr
02-07-2010, 10:45 AM
One I assume it is shorts or swimsuit and Tshirt during the day. Is it the same at night or is it jeans and long pants for best results ( I am a 50y/o male in decent shape for what that is worth)?

Lots of bugs are out so wear long pants at night.

Jimmydr
02-07-2010, 10:48 AM
I have first trip planned for Feb 18 to 22... I have first 2 days at BB and last 2 at Terra Linda. I think it will give me a good experience. I am an experienced monger CR, Thailand, Mexico, Brazil. But my Spanish SUCKS!!!!

Having been to DR over 40 times, once I landed in Jamaica and Costa Rica, the learning curve was very low. If you been to Thailand and Brazil, Sosua will be a walk in the park. How about some trip reports from there.

daddyooo
02-07-2010, 10:49 AM

I understand I will get a better GFE if I speak Spanish. How will my experience be with out it?

I would love to here comments about places I should go, things I should do? Places to eat? Clubs I should hit? I know YMMV but I like some thoughts from recent travelors.

One last thought. You might want to put a newbie section in for guys to ask dumb questions like these.

It's all here and much more....All you have to do is read

Jimmydr
02-07-2010, 10:50 AM
It's all here and much more....All you have to do is read

Member since May 2004. Thats plenty of time to read. The bugs are bad, cover up.

swiggy
02-07-2010, 11:14 AM
weather now is ideal, not so hot at night and daytime is low 80's. with long pants and a short sleeve button down you look a lot less like a tourist. I wouldnt expect a GFE from a girl i couldnt speak with in Sosua. Ive been there a lot and my better experiences came from normal Dominican and Hatians, not hookers. The place is set up well, you pay afterwards always which is incentive for them to put in the work. One of the things i hate about mongering in New York is that you pay upfront, it gives away your power. Its rare that I get a starfish from a hooker but its also rare i get one thats GFE. You only have 2 days in each place which would make it more important to make every time count. One thing i will say is dont be impulsive to the point you just look at a girl and say "lets go". Hit passions, have a beer or 2 and take your time choosing. i prefer going in the afternoon if i go, but there are less girls earlier. around 3 or 4 is when i would go. never had a bad time there. from day one at the old place it was a good experience. Peter knows how to train the girls well so the customer service is great. Hit classicos at night about 11 or so and take your time choosing, have a girl sit with you and buy her a beer. If she rushing you dump her right there, always a bad sign. Try to hook up with a monger that speaks a little spanish if you can so at least you can ask something if you want. other than that just go enjoy.

BicBoner
02-07-2010, 11:38 AM

Ah
We are just going to miss each other. I will be there Feb. 24th-March 1st at NG . All the advice in this thread is very good and being impulsive will only get you a less then good experience and this is regardless of your Spanish ability. Have a great time and leave a few chicas whole for ole Boner:D

BicBoner:iconTU:

dunedain
02-07-2010, 01:02 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/106324b258f7395918.jpg

just kidding!!!:p

hey trav, what swiggy said is spot on.:wink: