PDA

View Full Version : interesting experience

sosuaman
07-10-2006, 09:23 PM
hola mi amigos!!... spent the last 10 days or so in sosua and had my usual great time!!,,, saw jimmy dr and the boys and of course hung with my good buddy beads... i stayed in cabarete this time for my 9th trip and stayed at el magnifico,,, a great place .. but as i was to find out // its the last time i shall stay out of sosua,,, i rented a car and used it for my daily trips back into sosua and of course back to my condo for sleep... one night late into my trip i had just gone to my condo for a shower and change of clothes and headed back to sosua for the night life/dissco at about midnight ,,, as i made the trek back into sosua ,, about half way there at the coastal gas station ,, i saw some comotion and as i approached i noticed it was a road block,,, as i approached i saw that it consisted of the military in their camoflage uniforms with shotguns,, ets,,, they stopped me and the guy came up to my window and asked for my paperwork... i told him i was a tourist and did not know it was necessary to carry my paperwork,, so he said,,,"thats not my problem",, and he told me to pull the car over and get out,,, i complied anbd asked if i could go back to my condo and get my passport, license and rental agreement... he said yes and they had taxis there to transport people,,, i paid $10,,, for the taxi back to cabarete abd $10 for another back to my car ,,, i showed them my passport, license and rental agreement ,,, they gave me back my key and let me go... i can only imagine what other possibler outcomes of this encounter could have been,, so ass i was on my way with everything intact i thanked the lord and simly moved on,,, but.... lesson learned ,,, always carry your paperwork in the dominican,,, at least a copy,,,especially if you are buzzing around the roads with any frequency,,,great trip and i,ve already booked the next 9 nights,,,
9/15-9/24,,, adios for now!!,,,,

blacksultan
07-10-2006, 09:26 PM
hola mi amigos!!... spent the last 10 days or so in sosua and had my usual great time!!,,, saw jimmy dr and the boys and of course hung with my good buddy beads... i stayed in cabarete this time for my 9th trip and stayed at el magnifico,,, a great place .. but as i was to find out // its the last time i shall stay out of sosua,,, i rented a car and used it for my daily trips back into sosua and of course back to my condo for sleep... one night late into my trip i had just gone to my condo for a shower and change of clothes and headed back to sosua for the night life/dissco at about midnight ,,, as i made the trek back into sosua ,, about half way there at the coastal gas station ,, i saw some comotion and as i approached i noticed it was a road block,,, as i approached i saw that it consisted of the military in their camoflage uniforms with shotguns,, ets,,, they stopped me and the guy came up to my window and asked for my paperwork... i told him i was a tourist and did not know it was necessary to carry my paperwork,, so he said,,,"thats not my problem",, and he told me to pull the car over and get out,,, i complied anbd asked if i could go back to my condo and get my passport, license and rental agreement... he said yes and they had taxis there to transport people,,, i paid $10,,, for the taxi back to cabarete abd $10 for another back to my car ,,, i showed them my passport, license and rental agreement ,,, they gave me back my key and let me go... i can only imagine what other possibler outcomes of this encounter could have been,, so ass i was on my way with everything intact i thanked the lord and simly moved on,,, but.... lesson learned ,,, always carry your paperwork in the dominican,,, at least a copy,,,especially if you are buzzing around the roads with any frequency,,,great trip and i,ve already booked the next 9 nights,,,

Yeah, it aint our country, we just fuck chocha there.

Don Tomas
07-10-2006, 09:37 PM
i told him i was a tourist and did not know it was necessary to carry my paperwork,, so he said,,,"thats not my problem",, and he told me to pull the car over and get out,,, i complied anbd asked if i could go back to my condo and get my passport, license and rental agreement...

How could you expect to drive a car with no papers? Sorry but on the policia's side all the way here.

MegaSquirt
07-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Sosuaman...you should always carry a photocopy of a passport with you, but luckily you got out of it okay. I am amazed that they would let you go back to your condo on your own and return to get the car back. But also, there is somthing going on that we will get more information about it in the coming days.

Don Tomas
07-10-2006, 09:46 PM
But also, there is somthing going on that we will get more information about it in the coming days.

Probably looking for stolen vehicles or something else like that. I've seen it a few times in Santiago.

blacksultan
07-10-2006, 09:49 PM
Sosuaman...you should always carry a photocopy of a passport with you, but luckily you got out of it okay. I am amazed that they would let you go back to your condo on your own and return to get the car back. But also, there is somthing going on that we will get more information about it in the coming days.

Yeah that's smart. Keep the real passport in the safe in your room or in a secure location that is not too obvious.

the_Jayman
07-10-2006, 09:57 PM
funny story . . thanks ! !

blacksultan
07-10-2006, 09:59 PM
funny story . . thanks ! !

How would you handle the situation Jay.

MegaSquirt
07-10-2006, 10:02 PM

Him??? Are you kidding me? He'll be molested by those guys in the uniforms. Right , Jayman? :corky: :corky:

the_Jayman
07-10-2006, 10:04 PM

grab a thousand out of my pocket . . . open a beer and bitch at Frank and Drunko . . . (they'd pony up a thosand each) shake hands with the Sargent and open a beer for him and then go whore huntin . . .

YAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HHOOOOOOOO ! ! :D

(I know . . . I'm ruinin it for everyone ! !) :mad:

the_Jayman
07-10-2006, 10:06 PM
shake hands with the Sargent and open a beer for him

he'd come ho huntin with ! ! :rolleyes:

MegaSquirt
07-10-2006, 10:07 PM
grab a thousand out of my pocket . . . open a beer and bitch at Frank and Drunko . . . (they'd pony up a thosand each) shake hands with the Sargent and open a beer for him and then go whore huntin . . .

YAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HHOOOOOOOO ! ! :D

(I know . . . I'm ruinin it for everyone ! !) :mad:

You really know how to party, I'll give you credit for that! :drunk: :jayman:

ajax718
07-10-2006, 10:09 PM
Jayman would have sat there on the side of the road and bought the soldiers some beers. Then in his broken Spanish he would ask if they had any hot looking sisters he could bang. The soldiers would miss understand and bring back their grandmothers. Jayman would then say,"
hey what the hell, first time for everything in DR," and proceed to get a nice gum job from three nice old ladies after they took their dentures out. When Jayman returns home, he keeps in touch with the grandmas, and occasionally sends them Western Union money to pay for their depends.

blacksultan
07-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Jayman would have sat there on the side of the road and bought the soldiers some beers. Then in his broken Spanish he would ask if they had any hot looking sisters he could bang. The soldiers would miss understand and bring back their grandmothers. Jayman would then say,"
hey what the hell, first time for everything in DR," and proceed to get a nice gum job from three nice old ladies after they took their dentures out. When Jayman returns home, he keeps in touch with the grandmas, and occasionally sends them Western Union money to pay for their depends.
Would he bust a nut in the granny's mouths.

MegaSquirt
07-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Sure he would if he's drinkin and thinkin of Anna, right? :corky: :corky:

Don Tomas
07-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Sure he would if he's drinkin and thinkin of Anna, right? :corky: :corky:

He can just hold his digital camera in front of his face and cycle through the pics!

mirage6
07-10-2006, 10:59 PM

wow i did not know they did that shit down there - at least they let you go back to get paper work that was cool - did they speak english

ilikenyacional
07-10-2006, 11:19 PM
wow i did not know they did that shit down there - at least they let you go back to get paper work that was cool - did they speak english

Can you drive a car without any paper on you where you live ?

Common, it's just common sense.

I'm sorry for you Sosuaman, but now you know better and it costed little.

Thank you for the report !

mirage6
07-10-2006, 11:23 PM
Can you drive a car without any paper on you where you live ?

Common, it's just common sense.

I'm sorry for you Sosuaman, but now you know better and it costed little.

Thank you for the report !

ahh yaa i do sucj as a rental agreement and a drivers license but i did not know u needed to carry a passport and shit - and this is def a lesson learned here for me as well thanx

ilikenyacional
07-10-2006, 11:30 PM
ahh yaa i do sucj as a rental agreement and a drivers license but i did not know u needed to carry a passport and shit - and this is def a lesson learned here for me as well thanx

The best thing to do: scan your passport's photo page and birth certificate and print that card size, in color. Cut it and laminate it. Carry the passport copy on you at all time.

And, mail the scans to your e-mail. If the worst happen, you lose all your luggage, card, copy, etc, you can access your copies on any computer. ( mail your credit card and bank card numbers as well )

Better be safe !

LM
07-11-2006, 12:31 AM
I was heading back to my condo on the back of a motoconcho and got stopped at the same checkpoint. Military guys on both sides of the road and a guy in the center of the road waving a flashlight flagging everyone down. Motoconcho stopped and I was asked to get off, the military guy said good evening to me, and then the motoconcho driver had to show all his ID. Eveything was Ok and we proceeded. A little unerving to say the least.

ilikenyacional
07-11-2006, 12:42 AM
Good thing you had not a chica with you at that time.

LM
07-11-2006, 12:44 AM
Good thing you had not a chica with you at that time.

I wonder what would have happened if I did....

ilikenyacional
07-11-2006, 12:46 AM
Probably a bribe request...

Don Tomas
07-11-2006, 12:51 AM

I think the passport was thrown in since he had nothing, technically you don't even need a passport to enter the country so having to produce one plus your D/L would be unlikely.

Don Tomas
07-11-2006, 12:52 AM
I was heading back to my condo on the back of a motoconcho and got stopped at the same checkpoint. Military guys on both sides of the road and a guy in the center of the road waving a flashlight flagging everyone down. Motoconcho stopped and I was asked to get off, the military guy said good evening to me, and then the motoconcho driver had to show all his ID. Eveything was Ok and we proceeded. A little unerving to say the least.

Probably confirms my guess that it was roadblock looking for stolen cars/motos/etc.

MrHappy
07-11-2006, 01:21 PM
They routinely run road blocks looking for stolen cars, vehicles without docs, firearms and weapons of any sort.
Tourists have no reason to sweat it, the solders always have serious looks on their faces, but it's really easy to get them to break into a smile.

Don Tomas
07-11-2006, 01:26 PM
They routinely run road blocks looking for stolen cars, vehicles without docs, firearms and weapons of any sort.
Tourists have no reason to sweat it, the solders always have serious looks on their faces, but it's really easy to get them to break into a smile.

I got stopped once and the soldier bent over laughing...

Soldier: "Adónde vas?"
Me: "Santiago"
Soldier: "Tienes armas del fuego?" (while pointing to his sidearm)
Me: "Nunca"
Soldier: "Tienes drogas?"
Me: "Nunca, solamente cerveza!" (Holding up a grande)

He couldn't stop laughing. :lol:

bpl0116
07-11-2006, 01:39 PM
how was the condo u stayed in on the ocean and was it chica friendly.ONe bedroom or 2 and what was the rates.Hook the boys with some pics.