PDA

View Full Version : Changing money at the airport

El Drunko
03-06-2005, 06:46 PM
I'm wondering if its worth stopping at a cambio on my way to BB's, rather than while Im already at the airport. Is it that much of a differance than on the streets?

Reel Deal
03-06-2005, 06:51 PM
I just leave the country with around RD$3000 to have in my pocket when I return.

Works for me...

El Drunko
03-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Thats what Ive done in the past, I usually have a few pesos left over, But this time I only have a few hundred.

JDR
03-06-2005, 07:53 PM
I'm wondering if its worth stopping at a cambio on my way to BB's, rather than while Im already at the airport. Is it that much of a differance than on the streets?
Convert at the airport.

jd_mine
03-06-2005, 07:55 PM
Where do you get $$$ at the airport??? Never been able to find an ATM or a cambio while there. Haven't really looked hard though.

JDR
03-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Where do you get $$$ at the airport??? Never been able to find an ATM or a cambio while there. Haven't really looked hard though.

There is a bank outside and inside they ahd a booth.

Pana
03-06-2005, 08:07 PM
The bank gives exactly what the dollar is worth, and for the atm my card did not work because it was there national bank, use the Banco Popular or Escotia bank (I think thats how you spell it).

jd_mine
03-06-2005, 08:12 PM
This must be at departures then??? Never saw anything when I arrived.....

El Drunko
03-06-2005, 08:12 PM
Is this bank right outside customs? So when I walk outside toward the cabs, I take a left and its right there?

JDR
03-06-2005, 08:29 PM
This must be at departures then??? Never saw anything when I arrived.....

Its between the two by the calling center.

Dick Dawson
03-06-2005, 08:29 PM
El D, is Blackbeards sending the cab for you? If so, then tell the driver you need to cambio dinero and they'll take you to the change place in Puerta Plata before you get to BB's.

El Drunko
03-06-2005, 08:34 PM
Dick, I remember you telling me that, Im just wondering if its worth the trouble. I do plan on changeing in about US1500-US2000, so even 1 point will be a huge differance.

Dick Dawson
03-06-2005, 08:39 PM
I don't know off hand how much difference there is between the airport and the change place. For some reason I've never noticed the change place in the airport. I got 48 to 1 at the change spot in PP in June and 28 to 1 in November.

El Drunko
03-06-2005, 08:56 PM
Yea, it really pisses me off to only get 28 or 30, I remember the 48-49 way too well. Thats why Ive been looking at Tialand, better exchange rate and the pussy is cheaper. Its the plane ride from hell, but not too much more money for me. I pay 650 to the DR and its only about 850 to Bangkok. Time will tell on this one. I just can`t seem to talk the Jayman into it. I'll have to find someone else to drink with.

Apos
03-06-2005, 08:58 PM
Yea, it really pisses me off to only get 28 or 30, I remember the 48-49 way too well. Thats why Ive been looking at Tialand, better exchange rate and the pussy is cheaper. Its the plane ride from hell, but not too much more money for me. I pay 650 to the DR and its only about 850 to Bangkok. Time will tell on this one. I just can`t seem to talk the Jayman into it. I'll have to find someone else to drink with.

i'm looking at the phillipines for next year but could be convinced to do thailand instead.

jd_mine
03-06-2005, 08:59 PM
Thats why Ive been looking at Tialand, better exchange rate and the pussy is cheaper.

Thing is, I'm not into Thai chicks.....Bit hard to overcome that one in Thailand!!!! :-)
Gambia is real cheap from Europe though, been thinking about that one.

Apos
03-06-2005, 09:03 PM
Thats why Ive been looking at Tialand, better exchange rate and the pussy is cheaper.

Thing is, I'm not into Thai chicks.....Bit hard to overcome that one in Thailand!!!! :-)

i'm guessing asians in geneeral are not your thing? i'm going to africa in 2 or 3 years but mongering there scares the shit out of me! :cry: AIDs is running rampant in many countries there. I look at the pics on bigtrick's site and the WSG's and love the girls but it ain't worth it to me healthwise :x

jd_mine
03-06-2005, 09:06 PM
No, not into the asian look.....
I did take a look into the HIV figures and Gambia came out pretty good......plus it's a safe country unlike something like Nigeria.

El Drunko
03-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Never heard of Gambia before

El Drunko
03-06-2005, 09:38 PM
i'm looking at the phillipines for next year but could be convinced to do thailand instead.

I have this yearning to go to Tialand, there is just something about asian chicks, must be that they are all tiny, just the way I like em, ceiling fan size.

Apos
03-06-2005, 09:49 PM

I have this yearning to go to Tialand, there is just something about asian chicks, must be that they are all tiny, just the way I like em, ceiling fan size.

are you set on thailand? i've thought about it for a long time and have dated both thai and filipina here and really want to go to the phillipines. the people often speak english, their tits tend to be bigger :lol: and they are more GFE than thai chics. the prices are similar and so are the flights.

El Drunko
03-06-2005, 09:50 PM
Im not set in stone, I can be convinced to go anywhere that has cheap exchange rates, cheap pussy and cold beer

Apos
03-06-2005, 09:52 PM
Im not set in stone, I can be convinced to go anywhere that has cheap exchange rates, cheap pussy and cold beer

both places have all that!

lets talk about it when we meet, either in jersy or the DR. I'll probably fly down to ewr this summer and we'll meet eventually in the DR.

Apos
03-06-2005, 09:53 PM

lets talk about it when we meet, either in jersy or the DR. I'll probably fly down to ewr this summer and we'll meet eventually in the DR.

when were you looking at going to asia? i'm for early 2006

JDR
03-06-2005, 09:55 PM

I am looking at 2012 myself.

Apos
03-06-2005, 09:57 PM

that's too early for your planed heartattack/stroke! :lol:

JDR
03-06-2005, 09:58 PM

that's too early for your planed heartattack/stroke! :lol:

Its not going to happen on my first trip silly rabbit. :D

Ram
03-06-2005, 09:58 PM

are you set on thailand? i've thought about it for a long time and have dated both thai and filipina here and really want to go to the phillipines. the people often speak english, their tits tend to be bigger :lol: and they are more GFE than thai chics. the prices are similar and so are the flights.

I have a buddy at work who keeps telling me to come with him to the Phillipines (he is phillipino), he tells me it is a blast!! I keep saying I will take him up on the offer.

Apos
03-06-2005, 09:59 PM

I have a buddy at work who keeps telling me to come with him to the Phillipines (he is phillipino), he tells me it is a blast!! I keep saying I will take him up on the offer.

lets talk about this on wednesday! i'm really wanting to go!

JDR
03-06-2005, 10:00 PM
It should be getting good in about 5 years when there are so many of us, we charter planes.

El Drunko
03-06-2005, 10:01 PM
I could do early 2006, I could go tomorrow for that matter.

Yea, I'll meet up with ya in EWR, If there is something going on there, you know I'll be staying at "Jaymans bar and Flophouse"

Reel Deal
03-06-2005, 10:04 PM
It should be getting good in about 5 years when there are so many of us, we charter planes.RD Air? 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The next "charter" from Tampa to POP (with a stop in West Palm Beach) should be around the middle of April.

Any possible "charterees"?

Ram
03-06-2005, 10:05 PM

lets talk about this on wednesday! i'm really wanting to go!

It is always good to have a native tour guide too.

Can show us the places where we can cut right to the meat of the matter!!!
:twisted:

jd_mine
03-07-2005, 02:30 PM

It's pretty small, but is has a beautiful beach and is developing as a tourist destination. At the moment mainly germans and dutch. And lots of opportunities for mongering. Because it is safe a lot of girls from the surrounding countries go there....

BrooklynBeas
03-07-2005, 03:19 PM

It's pretty small, but is has a beautiful beach and is developing as a tourist destination. At the moment mainly germans and dutch. And lots of opportunities for mongering. Because it is safe a lot of girls from the surrounding countries go there....

Those dutch guys are idiots... Just kiddin jd_mine... hehe

BROOKLYN_357
03-07-2005, 03:41 PM

not europe...the exchange rate has been terrible ever sinced they switched from marks to euros

psriches
03-07-2005, 09:54 PM
What about arriving on that late flight into Santiago? Any problems changing money that early in the morning?

JDR
03-07-2005, 10:06 PM
What about arriving on that late flight into Santiago? Any problems changing money that early in the morning?

ATMs only.

psriches
03-07-2005, 10:08 PM

ATMs only.same rates? what about fees?

the_Jayman
03-07-2005, 10:16 PM
not to get back on topic . . . i promise i won't but . . .

I just can`t seem to talk the Jayman into it. I'll have to find someone else to drink with.

FUCK YOU, YOU FAT UGLY BASTARD ! !

BROOKLYN_357
03-07-2005, 10:16 PM

do your bank reimburse you for use different ATM's???

JDR
03-07-2005, 10:18 PM

If you arrive late, its the ATM or nothing!

Chase charges $3 fees.

El Drunko
03-07-2005, 10:20 PM
I use atm's alot down there, I pay whatever the local bank wants and get the government rate for the day

knotty
03-08-2005, 08:11 AM

If you arrive late, its the ATM or nothing!

Chase charges $3 fees.

I was wondering what they charged. I never know what the bank fees are for getting money out down there.

Dick Dawson
03-08-2005, 08:23 AM
I have an account with Commerce Bank and Sovereign Bank. Commerce doesn't charge you for using an ATM anywhere in the world. Sovereign will charge $5 if you use an ATM outside of the US.

BROOKLYN_357
03-08-2005, 05:17 PM
my account is with USAA...they reimburse me for all fees

Apos
03-08-2005, 05:37 PM
i'll have to try an atm in may. my Canadian bank does not charge me any fees, so far, so time for an international test :lol:

El Drunko
03-08-2005, 10:53 PM
hahahaha, lets ANTE up......ONE GAME.....everyone puts in a LT fee.....one person walks away with the LOT of em......NOW WE ARE TALKING

bmag
03-10-2005, 12:36 PM
that should read 12,000 handgun deaths per year