PDA

View Full Version : Short Trip Report

fastfood98
02-24-2010, 08:57 PM
Hi you all! Here's my attempt to a my first trip report.
Night 1:
Arrived in Santo Domingo about 8:00 PM, the flight from San Juan had been delayed about one and a half hours. Since at that time I didn't have Pesos, had to exchange a hundred bucks in the airport, at 32 pesos for a dollar. Not recommended unless necessary, however, I did not know where else to get pesos. Walking to the Avis building for the rental car that I had reserved. Guess what...they rented them all, but they where cool with it, no drama, they knew they had to do something for me, soy they just called Nelly (right next door) and got me the same economy car, for the same agreed price. I got the insurance, since earlier I had spoken with the credit card people, and they couldn't give me a straight answer if i was covered in the DR, so I preferred to be covered than sorry. I called Yayow, and we agreed to meet a bit later after I got to mi hotel. I made resrvations on the Bella Vista Hotel, in Bella Vista. Let me tell you guys, if you are desperate, you can crash there, but there are certainly better places. When I got in the hotel, the girl in the front desk was GORGEOUS. I checked in, and when I saw the room, I was really sorry that the Roma was booked....the room was $60 a night, and not pretty at all. The walls were stained, and there was a bit of a smell on it. I took a shower with a little drip of water, geez...The good thing is that since I had no excpectations, I wasn't angry at all, I was laughing! Anyway, I called the front desk regarding the water and the keys to the safe....the safe was an additional $13. I paid, and left to meet Yayow. I had already decided that my stay would be short. We met in Hard Rock Cafe, and he showed me around. We went first to 360 bar, nice place and about 5 chicas there, two of them looked extremely nice. Being the cool guy that Yayow is, he told me that this was just the first place we would visit, so I could be better informed to choose what I liked. So we headed off to another place called Sweet, there where about 4 chicas there as well. Two of them danced on the pole for us, and I was madly in love with one of them. After two beers, we promised to be back, but had another place to visit before committing to her (her name was Gata). When we got to our car, flat tire....and conveniently the guy who earlier wanted some pesos to watch the car, was ready to change the tire....I was almost laughing my ass off...anyway I gave the guy 100 pesos for him to change the tire, and off we went to 305, in Independencia. This place was even better than the rest of the places. We drank a bit more, and hooked up with some nice ladies there. Agreed on 3000 pesos, a bit expensive, but it nice place and nice chicas. Now the funniest thing happens. After I left Yayow in his apt. I get the spare tire flat....I'm as drunk as shit, and my chica is the one giving directions to the guy from the flatbed. (I don't have any more spares...) Anyway, we arrive in the hotel in Flatbed, get a staring look from the frontdesk dude, the dude asks for her cedula and in we go. Performance was pretty good, I thought the night was gone south, but this girl had made a commitment to please me! Nice GF experience, BBBJ and the works:corky:. I gave her $200 for a taxi and she left. I slept like a baby. The bed was pretty good.:o To tell the truth, this was the worst day of the trip, and even so, it was pretty entertaining! I'm not complaining. Day two coming up...

trini44
02-24-2010, 09:54 PM
I have to remember the names of those clubs(bars?) for my stay in April

chicmatic
02-24-2010, 10:01 PM
I kind of felt like that on my last trip...lost debit card, lost sunglasses, missed flight but I took it all in stride. I had a permanent smile that lasted until I was home for a few weeks. Then I was salty ha ha.

gdogg
02-24-2010, 10:10 PM
By $200, you meant pesos...right? Great first day, can't wait to read the rest!

MrHappy
02-25-2010, 08:18 AM
Heh heh, where do you think the first flat tire came from? Anytime I get a flat, the first thing I do is try to inflate it again at the first convenient moment. Some guys will do anything for a buck.

Next time, use your ATM card to pull some pesos from the ATM machines at the airport, they'll definitely give you a better exchange rate.

Passport Playa
02-25-2010, 09:37 AM
Hi you all! Here's my attempt to a my first trip report.
Night 1:
Arrived in Santo Domingo about 8:00 PM, the flight from San Juan had been delayed about one and a half hours. Since at that time I didn't have Pesos, had to exchange a hundred bucks in the airport, at 32 pesos for a dollar. Not recommended unless necessary, however, I did not know where else to get pesos. Walking to the Avis building for the rental car that I had reserved. Guess what...they rented them all, but they where cool with it, no drama, they knew they had to do something for me, soy they just called Nelly (right next door) and got me the same economy car, for the same agreed price. I got the insurance, since earlier I had spoken with the credit card people, and they couldn't give me a straight answer if i was covered in the DR, so I preferred to be covered than sorry. I called Yayow, and we agreed to meet a bit later after I got to mi hotel. I made resrvations on the Bella Vista Hotel, in Bella Vista. Let me tell you guys, if you are desperate, you can crash there, but there are certainly better places. When I got in the hotel, the girl in the front desk was GORGEOUS. I checked in, and when I saw the room, I was really sorry that the Roma was booked....the room was $60 a night, and not pretty at all. The walls were stained, and there was a bit of a smell on it. I took a shower with a little drip of water, geez...The good thing is that since I had no excpectations, I wasn't angry at all, I was laughing! Anyway, I called the front desk regarding the water and the keys to the safe....the safe was an additional $13. I paid, and left to meet Yayow. I had already decided that my stay would be short. We met in Hard Rock Cafe, and he showed me around. We went first to 360 bar, nice place and about 5 chicas there, two of them looked extremely nice. Being the cool guy that Yayow is, he told me that this was just the first place we would visit, so I could be better informed to choose what I liked. So we headed off to another place called Sweet, there where about 4 chicas there as well. Two of them danced on the pole for us, and I was madly in love with one of them. After two beers, we promised to be back, but had another place to visit before committing to her (her name was Gata). When we got to our car, flat tire....and conveniently the guy who earlier wanted some pesos to watch the car, was ready to change the tire....I was almost laughing my ass off...anyway I gave the guy 100 pesos for him to change the tire, and off we went to 305, in Independencia. This place was even better than the rest of the places. We drank a bit more, and hooked up with some nice ladies there. Agreed on 3000 pesos, a bit expensive, but it nice place and nice chicas. Now the funniest thing happens. After I left Yayow in his apt. I get the spare tire flat....I'm as drunk as shit, and my chica is the one giving directions to the guy from the flatbed. (I don't have any more spares...) Anyway, we arrive in the hotel in Flatbed, get a staring look from the frontdesk dude, the dude asks for her cedula and in we go. Performance was pretty good, I thought the night was gone south, but this girl had made a commitment to please me! Nice GF experience, BBBJ and the works:corky:. I gave her $200 for a taxi and she left. I slept like a baby. The bed was pretty good.:o To tell the truth, this was the worst day of the trip, and even so, it was pretty entertaining! I'm not complaining. Day two coming up...

Reading all this made me think of a poem that I learned in sixth grade:

"When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but don't you quit."

The Mac Man

yayow
02-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Yeah it was great meeting fastfood, the thing that struck me, most about him is what a good natured guy he was, he always had a smile on his face, and a real cool attitude, so I enjoyed hanging with him the whole time.

The night when he got the flat, I was pissed like a motherfucker, because I knew that dude had done it, and I started to get up into his face, but he calmed me down, laughed about it and kept it moving. Definitely the best way to have done it. Wasn't worth it to get into the guy's face. But I will definitely be looking out for that dude next time.

Then he called me and said he got the second flat, man I couldn't believe it, when he called I was in the process of helping this young lady out of her clothes, I asked him if he needed anything and he said he had already called someone, so I told him to holler back if need be, but he didn't, and I was glad because as soon as we completed the task of taking off her clothes, I was a bit distracted:p:rofl::rofl::rofl:.

He never called back that night, and I assumed all was good, and it turned out it was. I was a bit twisted, because I had a few, before he even got into town, then had a few at the different places we stopped at so after doing the deed with the chica I was with; I was out like a light.

Plus I appreciate that he kept his word and is contributing back to the site.

andyt
02-25-2010, 07:59 PM
The banc reserve on the second floor gives a much better rate then the one that you first see
leaving customs. It is next to the American Airlines desk.

fastfood98
02-27-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm going to try to reconstruct day number two....I'm already planning my next trip...heheh. Here it goes. I get up in the shitty hotel, no running water! Called the front desk, they said let me mix that for you. Apparently they keep the main faucet closed, for whatever stupid reason. Anyway, got dressed and went walking to a nearby Shopping center to buy a battery charger, I had left mine at home. Wasn't too hard, just had to walk a bit. The location of Bella Vista Hotel is not bad, is in a decent residential area, just not good for our purposes. Had breakfast in the Shopping center, got my charger and smiled a lot to any and all the cute ladies that crossed my path. There are a lot of beautiful women in this Santo Domingo. I'll repeat that phrase a lot...Went back to my room, called the car rental people and explained what had happened, they sent a guy and I was ready to roll again. Called Hotel Roma AGAIN!, and yes!!! they had a room for me. Needless to say, I checked out, and immediately drove to Zona Colonial to check in :lol:. Had to pay for the $60 room, which was the only one available, but anyway I was already paying that in Bella Vista for a far inferior room...however, I still consider their $45 room a much, much better deal.

Called Yayow to meet up with him, had a quick lunch, and went to GBP. The place was just as I remembered it, dark, sleazy, cheap...damn, I love this place!!:corky: For those who have not been here, chicas will take turns to give you a free lap dance, while you are enjoying your drink. And they are cute! That day, they were dressed in outfits, one was a flight attendant, the other was a schoolgirl, a nurse, etc... Well, I already was talking to a girl, when in comes this cutie, with her sunglasses on nearly blind from the outside sun. She said hello...well, now I had a dilemma, although not really, I had to have them both! After two beers, we went in (2 for 1500 pesos...you cant beat that). My buddy made his pick afterwards. Both were great performers. After that, we went to try out "Piano Bar Lounge". The place was deserted, just one chica bartending. I already knew her, from my last trip, and we talked a bit and we left. I'll tell later about her, as she was(is) my favorite. I left Yayouw in his apartment, and went to the hotel to rest a bit.

dwright404
02-28-2010, 07:03 AM
Yea FASTFOOD98,

What and where is GBP? How Far from Roma?

MrHappy
02-28-2010, 08:34 AM
Yea FASTFOOD98,

Lots of info here on GBP, do a search and all of your questions will be answered.

gdogg
03-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Yea FASTFOOD98,

I used the search function...real easy to find...

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=138116

MrHappy
03-01-2010, 02:36 PM
I used the search function...real easy to find...

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=138116

Wow gdogg, you're really good at the search function stuff. How did you learn to do that? It must have been really hard, huh?

Take note that, the prices have gone down since Cheeno's posts. Now the girls can be had for 1000 pesos for one, or 1500 for a happy hour!

Don't see that very often.

Drjetman
03-02-2010, 02:46 AM
Speaking of Cheeno. He has'nt posted for a long time. I miss his trip reports.

whynotme
03-02-2010, 07:12 AM
Speaking of Cheeno. He has'nt posted for a long time. I miss his trip reports.
unfortunately cheeno has moved on. i met him several times in sosua and santo domingo. great guy and great pics.

i don't crave as much food now though while reading everyone elses trip report;)

MrHappy
03-02-2010, 07:34 AM
unfortunately cheeno has moved on. i met him several times in sosua and santo domingo. great guy and great pics.

i don't crave as much food now though while reading everyone elses trip report;)

Cheeno was upset with something that happened here on the board, and decided to call it quits.

I'm not surprised, nobody could have gone on much longer as much as he did; he was putting an immense amount of effort into posting fotos and reports.

He also got a new job in NY, that according to him, didn't leave him time to breath.

He sure left a legacy here though.