PDA

View Full Version : CD reccomendations I can get at Best Buy???

freakaccident
03-09-2005, 12:31 PM
I'd like to get some good CDs of DR music so I can jam on the plane down there. Any suggestions of stuff I can get at Best Buy? Titles please. If you tell me salsa I won't ever find it. Im stupid.

Thanks,
Aaron

fox mulder
03-09-2005, 01:18 PM
Next time you are down there go to dj of classico and ask him to burn some cds for you. He did that for me and gave me bachata, salsa and merunge and reggeton. Total of 7cds full of music for 500pesos

Reel Deal
03-09-2005, 01:23 PM
I'd like to get some good CDs of DR music so I can jam on the plane down there. Any suggestions of stuff I can get at Best Buy? Titles please. If you tell me salsa I won't ever find it. Im stupid.

Thanks,
AaronI found squat at Best Buy. I found some bachata compilations at Circuit City. Prolly varies by market. We have a big Latin population in the Tampa Bay area. I'd imagine Indy is pretty White Bread..

BrooklynBeas
03-09-2005, 01:26 PM

Thanks,
Aaron

Yeah you can get them from the DJ at classico but he usually charges about 100 pesos for a burned CD... I dont know if they have bootleggers in INDY... but here i can get them in the spanish areas... buy... Aventura, Frank Reyes, Zacarias Ferrera (sp?)... thats bachata... buy.. Tego Calderon, Don Omar, Daddy Yankee... in Reggaeton.... if you can find mixed cds then you will be fine... get them from the guys walkin around on the streets of Sosua for no more then 60 pesos... talk them down... they will usually start at 100-150 pesos... I used to pay 100, then i found out they sold CD's to everyone for 50 in Santiago... So i tell them i buy them for 50 in STI and they usually come down in price a lil cause i know the deal...

knotty
03-09-2005, 02:09 PM
you can also check http://www.mixtapes.com/ and search for Latin, and you'll find several different mix cd's to choose from.

D_W_
03-09-2005, 03:02 PM
fuck that shit...

Limewire :wink:

BrooklynBeas
03-09-2005, 03:32 PM
you can also check http://www.mixtapes.com/, and search for Latin, and you'll find several different mix cd's to choose from.

this link didnt work for me...

freakaccident
03-09-2005, 04:11 PM
you can also check http://www.mixtapes.com/, and search for Latin, and you'll find several different mix cd's to choose from.

Take the comma off at the end.

BrooklynBeas
03-09-2005, 04:16 PM

OK i fixed the original post by knotty!

BrooklynBeas
03-09-2005, 04:25 PM
http://www.mixtapemurder.com/mixtapes/followfuture_reggaeton4.html

that looks like a good reggaeton tape... i have a couple of the songs like Machete by Daddy Yankee and Salvaje by Don Omar and they are good...

Dark Knight
03-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Or simply go to a file share and download for free!

knotty
03-09-2005, 05:56 PM
you can also check http://www.mixtapes.com/ and search for Latin, and you'll find several different mix cd's to choose from.

OK i fixed the original post by knotty!

my bad, didn't realize that.

milone
03-09-2005, 06:59 PM
Forget the Merengue, Salsa, and Reggaeton. Buy anything Bachata. Relaxing, easy to dance to, and it is taking over the other types of music in D.R.

milone
03-09-2005, 07:01 PM
You can't go wrong with buying Anthony Santos, or Frank Reyes, or Zacarias Ferreira.

BrooklynBeas
03-09-2005, 09:35 PM
You can't go wrong with buying Anthony Santos, or Frank Reyes, or Zacarias Ferreira.

I saw AS... but didnt really care for him much... he does have a new song (i dont know the name) but it was playin in the DR when i was there last and pretty good,,,.... Dont forget Aventura.. Elvis Martinez... and Raulin Rodriguez

I love Bachata! Jimmy Loves Aventura! and Gdogg now loves bachata!.. I believe JD_Mine is a big bachata fan... DT HATES IT (he's gay though)

freakaccident
03-10-2005, 12:35 PM

I saw AS... but didnt really care for him much... he does have a new song (i dont know the name) but it was playin in the DR when i was there last and pretty good,,,.... Dont forget Aventura.. Elvis Martinez... and Raulin Rodriguez

I love Bachata! Jimmy Loves Aventura! and Gdogg now loves bachata!.. I believe JD_Mine is a big bachata fan... DT HATES IT (he's gay though)

When I get internet at home in a couple of weeks Ill have to subscribe to one of those download sites.

freakaccident
03-15-2005, 09:39 AM
FYI - itunes.com sucks asshole. I won a few songs from mountain dew and you cant even get them in mp3 format. Gay.

vdubman30
03-15-2005, 11:38 AM
Yeah i'm up to 19 freebee on itunes.. Yes they give it to you in aac format but you can go to the properties and switch it to mp3 format to burn it on a cd!!

better yet get an IPOD!!

freakaccident
03-15-2005, 12:27 PM
Yeah i'm up to 19 freebee on itunes.. Yes they give it to you in aac format but you can go to the properties and switch it to mp3 format to burn it on a cd!!

better yet get an IPOD!!

Mine won't switch. It says they are protected and to go fuck myself.

psriches
03-15-2005, 08:54 PM
I just got my bachata and reggaeton cd's from the 2 for $5 stands in Harlem.

BrooklynBeas
03-15-2005, 09:00 PM

do you have a street where the bootleggas chill... I may make a trip up there when the weather is a lil warmer... I just added on a lil bit to my car system and im dying to drive around the heights with the shit on blast!

psriches
03-15-2005, 09:04 PM

do you have a street where the bootleggas chill... I may make a trip up there when the weather is a lil warmer... I just added on a lil bit to my car system and im dying to drive around the heights with the shit on blast!The bootleggers are in central harlem. On 125th st., from st. nicholas ave. across to 5th ave.

Pana
03-15-2005, 09:11 PM

do you have a street where the bootleggas chill... I may make a trip up there when the weather is a lil warmer... I just added on a lil bit to my car system and im dying to drive around the heights with the shit on blast!
Beas just go to Bushwick or Cypresshill you can get all the bootleg bachata and reggaeton cd's you want for the same price, save your gas!!!

BrooklynBeas
03-15-2005, 09:12 PM

do you have a street where the bootleggas chill... I may make a trip up there when the weather is a lil warmer... I just added on a lil bit to my car system and im dying to drive around the heights with the shit on blast!The bootleggers are in central harlem. On 125th st., from st. nicholas ave. across to 5th ave.
good lookin.... Are they there every day or only on the nicer days or only on weekends... I cant wait for the flea markets to open... there are usually asians selling CD's for about $3

psriches
03-15-2005, 09:19 PM

good lookin.... Are they there every day or only on the nicer days or only on weekends... I cant wait for the flea markets to open... there are usually asians selling CD's for about $3as long as no rain, they are there....

gmalet
03-16-2005, 07:01 AM
http://www.bestmixtapes.com/ This place has cool mixes that make you feel like you are in the DR......

BadGoodMan
03-20-2005, 04:44 PM
Are There Best Buy Shops in THE DR? Maybe in Puerto Rico.

Apos
03-20-2005, 05:08 PM
Are There Best Buy Shops in THE DR? Maybe in Puerto Rico.

he wants o get some tunes to listen to before leaving and on the plane when he is going to the DR.

maybe you should read, and comprehend, the threat before posting. just a thought. intelligent posts are interesting and useful but.....
:twisted: