PDA

View Full Version : Do you know any taxi guy?

Roberto23
03-07-2010, 10:38 AM
I will be in Sosua this week. I never stepped outside of sosua on all my trips. I get bored sometimes just sitting in my room or walking to beach. If you know somebody who has a car or cab and can take me around please let me know.. I would hire him for half a day or something and go and check out places like Cabarete , Puerto Plata etc.

If this guy speaks or understands English that would be a great plus..

Any help is appreciated.

papi_sosua
03-07-2010, 10:45 AM
You could always walk up to the Texaco station (la bomba) and take a guagua or carro publico. Much cheaper...
When I did that the very a first time, I had a chica who I was with for three nights accompanying me and showing me the ropes. Get's you a better fare rate also.

P.S.: You could also walk over to Charamicos and discover that quaint, lil' jewel :) During daytime, that is.

I will be in Sosua this week. I never stepped outside of sosua on all my trips. I get bored sometimes just sitting in my room or walking to beach. If you know somebody who has a car or cab and can take me around please let me know.. I would hire him for half a day or something and go and check out places like Cabarete , Puerto Plata etc.

Any help is appreciated.

FritoBandito
03-07-2010, 11:01 AM
I know a taxi driver who will give you a tour of Puerto Plata at a reasonable rate, I used him myself before. I'll send you his name and phobne later today. He's very good.

FB

Any help is appreciated.

weyland
03-07-2010, 11:10 AM

Any help is appreciated.
If your money is limited then give it to the chicas not to taxi-drivers and read this thread about using public transport. The OP was starting from Playa Dorada rather than Sosúa but the same facts apply to you and all the info you need is in there somewhere.
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=247899

On the other hand, if your money is unlimited give it to both the putas and the taxi-drivers.

FritoBandito
03-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Here's the number for Purino Guzman:
829-990-9490

He doesn't speak much english, but I don't speak much Spanish, either.

He gave me a half day tour of Puerto Plata last March for $80 (He picked me up in Cabarete) that included the fort, shopping, the cable-car, and the cigar factory (closed that day). He'll take you to the places and wait for however long you take to visit them.

He's a nice guy with a good disposition...he's always smiling...

tell him the big, strawberry-blond haired guy (rubio in Spanish) from the Hotel Alegria sent you...

FritoBandito
03-07-2010, 11:24 PM
cdstart=21%20days%20vacation%20in%20Sosua&skinjpg=http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/cdskins/domrepflag.jpg&yr=2010&mo=3&da=10&hr=3&mi=30&sc=0&cdend=Wahoo%2E%2E%2EYabba%2C%20Dabba%2C%20Doo%2E%2E%2ETiddly%20Too%2E%2E%2E%2E&txtcolor=0xffff&untilcolor=0xffff

goinggetstough
03-09-2010, 12:36 PM
I had a super easy time travelling by guagua and publicos last year, and I really enjoyed it. Just know the rates before you get on board. People can be really friendly, if you make an effort, and the actual process of getting somewhere off the beaten path is well worth it. I went to a tiny village in the campo (because I heard it was nice). I guagua on the main road and then hitched a lift with a family who invited me over for a meal. The best meal I had on my whole trip!

RickRock
03-09-2010, 02:29 PM
you can call Jose 829-540-4280 he speaks perfect english and his prices are very good. he has a van so he can take a group of people