PDA

View Full Version : late night arrival in santiago advice needed

juxty
03-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Me and a friend are flying in on the spirit flight that gets into santiago like 1:30 am---looking for something safe and close to the airport. We would be leaving for sousa in the morning, but may want to find some quick action upon arrival and get some sleep--any advice would be great

Dr McGlovin
03-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Your best bet would be to stay in a Cabana. There are several near the outskirts of the city. Bora Bora has a cabana with a stripper pole that the chicas always love. There are 3 main nightclubs in the area, Pasion, Casa Blanca and Ilusion. Pasion is the largest of the three. You will see many dimes at any of these venues.

Have fun

Beads
03-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Depends on the luggage situation and your Spanish. If you speak Spanish you can get around a lot easier thats for sure. If so its just a matter of finding a place to put your luggage thats safe and off you go. You can search for hotels in the Santiago area on the forum if needed.

If you have no Spanish I wouldnt suggest wandering around too much. I would either take a taxi and find a short stay cabana for the night and head for Sosua in the morning or hang around the airport and take your time then catch a ride to the Metro or Caribe Tours station in the morning.

If your adventurous take a taxi to a cabana near the airport and get a short stay room. Then find the manager and tell him you need a chica and let him find you one you like. In the morning take a nice casual taxi ride to the bus and off to Sosua.

Plenty of options but being able to communicate and your luggage situation are the key obstacles if they exist.

naptime
03-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Me and a friend are flying in on the spirit flight that gets into santiago like 1:30 am---looking for something safe and close to the airport. We would be leaving for sousa in the morning, but may want to find some quick action upon arrival and get some sleep--any advice would be great

if you are interested in heading to sosua right away, i have a contact for a safe and reliable driver, that will pick you up in a comfortable car, and bring you to sosua.

nighttime/early morning pickups are about 80 bucks and daytime/evening pickups are about 70.

if you are interested, i can send you contact information (email and telephone)

if its you and a buddy, the cost of the private driver, can be cheaper than the cost of renting a hotel/cabana etc...

and you can still get to sosua just in time for the happy hour prices on the strip.

juxty
03-07-2010, 08:22 PM
naptime--sounds awesome--would much rather head straight to sousa than to screw around in santiago, and my spanish is weak----is it easy enough to get into a hotel that late in sousa? Your driver will meet us at the airport that late at night? We would take good care of him. Does he speak english?

juxty
03-08-2010, 11:49 AM
naptime? Did you get my pm?

naptime
03-08-2010, 08:38 PM
sorry. right after my post last night, i was enroute.... to santiago... in my private taxi ... for my 4 am flight home :) lol

i'll shoot you a pm with more details. but i'll tell ya what.. dude picked me up at rockies, had a chica in santiago waiting for me, we went and picked her up, and then he dropped us off at the cabana. i had to leave to head to the airport around 3, so he and he wife went out and partied. then came and picked me and my chica up, and took me to the airpot, and then went and dropped off the chica afterwards.

all this for a VERY modest fee.

i'll shoot you a pm