PDA

View Full Version : finding a BBQ grill

will_blueprint
03-09-2005, 04:17 PM
Do you guys know if super super or one the other places sell those little portable grills. We plan to go fishin a couple of days and grill some up.

JDR
03-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Do you guys know if super super or one the other places sell those little portable grills. We plan to go fishin a couple of days and grill some up.

They sell them in Puerto Plata and Gasper Hernandez.

BrooklynBeas
03-09-2005, 04:40 PM
i dont think they do but there is a grocery store on the main road that probably sells them... and the Palace used to have one... if anything the Shark bar has one and if you have a big party there im sure he wouldnt mind you buying his drinks and supplyin fish for everyone...

DEPUTY DAWG
03-09-2005, 04:53 PM

I'm planning on doing the same with moshy2k If anybody has a hook up for preparing and or cooking the fish I could use a little help :?: :?: Beside hopefully we'll catch enough because we wont be able to keep it or take it back so we definitely want to give some away to the locals or whom ever.

psriches
03-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Once you get set up, hire a chica to prepare it for you guys.... Tell her to bring some chica friends and make an evening out of it.... If i was there, i would set the whole thing up for you guys. For a small chica fee of course!! :wink:

JDR
03-09-2005, 05:06 PM

I'm planning on doing the same with moshy2k If anybody has a hook up for preparing and or cooking the fish I could use a little help :?: :?: Beside hopefully we'll catch enough because we wont be able to keep it or take it back so we definitely want to give some away to the locals or whom ever.
I am there at the same time, bring the fish over and my nanny will cook it up.

DEPUTY DAWG
03-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Once you get set up, hire a chica to prepare it for you guys.... Tell her to bring some chica friends and make an evening out of it.... If i was there, i would set the whole thing up for you guys. For a small chica fee of course!! :wink:

I need to hook something up since there's so many vets that will be here during my stay. being the cherrypoppinbrandnewbiean that I am on this trip I'll probable need some help in pulling this off.

DEPUTY DAWG
03-09-2005, 05:12 PM

Now that's WTF I'm talking about and your complimentary case of diet pepsi or diet coke (See I remember all the knowledge that you pass on) :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

JDR
03-09-2005, 05:17 PM

Now that's WTF I'm talking about and your complimentary case of diet pepsi or diet coke (See I remember all the knowledge that you pass on) :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Anyone there is welcome to come over as long as they are bringing the food. 8) I have soda but my girl loves Miller beer these days. :D

JDR
03-09-2005, 05:19 PM

I need to hook something up since there's so many vets that will be here during my stay. being the cherrypoppinbrandnewbiean that I am on this trip I'll probable need some help in pulling this off.

Be cool and calm down fella. When walking down the street you will see maybe 20 - 50 chicas and most can be yours. Take it easy and all that you dream of will come true. :D

Reel Deal
03-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Anyone there is welcome to come over as long as they are bringing the food. 8) I have soda but my girl loves Miller beer these days. :DThat's funny as s#it. Miller is almost cat piss here, but exotic in the DR.

BTW-I now have Presidente (pequena's) in Gecko's. DT has been drinking it with Red Bull :shock:...

DEPUTY DAWG
03-09-2005, 05:26 PM

Be cool and calm down fella. When walking down the street you will see maybe 20 - 50 chicas and most can be yours. Take it easy and all that you dream of will come true. :D

38 days and counting with paper plates, extra towels, and miller beer( Oh yeah And calm the f*#k down :!: :!: :!: )

JDR
03-09-2005, 07:04 PM

38 days and counting with paper plates, extra towels, and miller beer( Oh yeah And calm the f*#k down :!: :!: :!: )

Easy does it, we can all share. I have plates, glasses, silverware and BROWNIES!!!

Reel Deal
03-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Easy does it, we can all share. I have plates, glasses, silverware and BROWNIES!!! :shock: What am I gonna do with this case of Brownie mix????????? :shock:

JDR
03-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Easy does it, we can all share. I have plates, glasses, silverware and BROWNIES!!! :shock: What am I gonna do with this case of Brownie mix????????? :shock:

They will get used if you really have it. I want to bring brownies to the kids class one day. Nice added touch I think.

moshy2k
03-09-2005, 08:03 PM
I hope tcmq and I bring back a ton of fish as we can have our fist ISOC fish fry lol lol. Damnit tcmq if I get sea sick I am gonna kill you lol lol.

BrooklynBeas
03-09-2005, 09:20 PM
who did u hook up the fishing trip with... that guy pablo (something like that) the one at the beginning of the beach will help you clean and cook the fish after u come back...at least thats what he told me.. but we never went cause the water was too rough the day we were supposed to go

moshy2k
03-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Hey guys,

tcmq told me to start taking dramamine 3-4 days prior to the fishing trip to avoid getting sea sick. Any of you had any experience with preventing sea sickness????

Now I love to fish and have fished for blue's off the Jersey Shore on the long 6-8 hour trips. The problem is I get sea sick 50% of the time so it's always a tough call whether or not I want to go fishing.

Any suggestions are appreciated....

Apos
03-09-2005, 10:54 PM
ask a pharmasist. they have 2 or three possible solutions and are more qualified to help you pick. better yet go to your doctor before you leave or a doctor if you are already there you lucky bastard :lol:

do i sound jealous? :roll:

DEPUTY DAWG
03-09-2005, 11:23 PM
I'm not a doctor but I'll play one on this board :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: From the years that I've been a avid boater and fisherman. I have fished in all conditions almost. dramamine needs time to build up in your system usually if you start a couple of days prior to your trip you wont have a problem besides it's a over the counter drug your doctor is not going to perscribe something for it except dont go or you have the option of wearing the pressure point wristbands and those work for some and dont for others :?: :?: :?:

will_blueprint
03-09-2005, 11:54 PM

i got a few secret spices :)

El Drunko
03-10-2005, 03:52 AM

The other option is bring one or 2 of those disposible grills with you. They are light and will pack nicely. I see them around here in the summer in local stores, I'm sure you could order them online.

Reel Deal
03-10-2005, 09:15 AM
Hey guys,

tcmq told me to start taking dramamine 3-4 days prior to the fishing trip to avoid getting sea sick. Any of you had any experience with preventing sea sickness????

Now I love to fish and have fished for blue's off the Jersey Shore on the long 6-8 hour trips. The problem is I get sea sick 50% of the time so it's always a tough call whether or not I want to go fishing.

Any suggestions are appreciated....Scopalomine (sp?) patches are far superior to dramamine-you wear a small patch the size of a nuckel behind your ear. I used to do competitive off-shore/ocean sailboat racing, and that is what we used. That, and drink only ginger ale out to sea (beer and fatty foods are the worst thing you can do...). For some reason, ginger settles a queasy stomach.

freakaccident
03-10-2005, 12:31 PM
Hey guys,

Any suggestions are appreciated....Scopalomine (sp?) patches are far superior to dramamine-you wear a small patch the size of a nuckel behind your ear. I used to do competitive off-shore/ocean sailboat racing, and that is what we used. That, and drink only ginger ale out to sea (beer and fatty foods are the worst thing you can do...). For some reason, ginger settles a queasy stomach.

Id love to learn to sail! Ive been sailing in rough seas a few times and I think a sailboat is much more stable than a power boat. At least it is more easy to judge where the boat is going. I have been on 40 foot powerboats that have rocked so violently that I ended up pissing all over myself in the head trying not to fall over. I pissed sitting down from then on. Sucks but it works. Also not wearing shoes helped me out a ton. These are shitty mexican fishing boats with slick decks though.

I have never been seasick but I have been on charter boats where everyone has gotten sick. I have heard that staring at the horizon helps. Either Im just lucky or too drunk to care. I have a weak stomach too so I don't get it. I would not recommend Dramamine though. My friend took it and still got sick and on top of that he felt drowsy and shitty for two days. I had something with my airline tickets last week that said something about some new prescription patch from the docs. Maybe the same thing they were discussing above. I'd go that route personally.

BrooklynBeas
03-10-2005, 12:33 PM
ginger settles a queasy stomach.

Do you mean the one from Gilligans Island?

Reel Deal
03-10-2005, 01:17 PM
ginger settles a queasy stomach.

Do you mean the one from Gilligans Island? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm more of a Maryanne kinda guy myself...