PDA

View Full Version : Two random heroes honored

NewsWhore
03-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Bon Group (Helados Bon) honored Deivy Rancisco Celestino Adames (34 years) and Manaury Mejia (24 years) were honored by the Bon Group (Helados Bon) for risking their lives to save others at a company event in the name of excellence at Casa San Pablo yesterday.
Celestino Adames was hired as a translator by Australian journalists that would travel to Haiti. A week later he would return to his barrio of El Ensueno in Santiago, known worldwide as the hero who saved the life of an 18-month old infant. On 14 January, two days after the earthquake, the Australian journalists and several neighbors from Petionville heard the cries of a baby whose parents had died under the rubble, following a replica earthquake. Celestino dug under the rubble to save the baby. His effort was carried by CNN on world TV. "We began to move the pieces, it took 45 minutes to get her out of there, but we did it. She came out safe and sound," he recalls.
Manaury Mejia is the young 24-year old that dove into the sea to help victims of the 26-passenger bus accident that killed 11 persons on 12 February 2010 when the driver suffered a heart attack and the bus fell into the sea. He said he was an eyewitness of the accident. He said there were many people at the accident site, but none dared dive in to help rescue the victims. "I had mixed feelings", he says. "Once I jumped in I wanted to go back." He said he almost drowned but was able to save three persons. "The three are alive. I was an angel sent from God", he said. He told the story of how his motorcycle was stolen while he was rescuing victims, but he got a new motorcycle when his story was told on Z-101 radio talk show. He says he dreams of being a singer, and hopes to launch himself with the boost of the recognition he has received after his effort.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#9)