PDA

View Full Version : American Express

will_blueprint
03-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Has anyone ever used american expresses online currencey exchange? They say they will send you the foreign currency so you dont have to exchange it there. Do you all advise this. Or shall I wait til I get there. Also doen the DOP come in anything larger than 100

JDR
03-10-2005, 11:58 AM
Has anyone ever used american expresses online currencey exchange? They say they will send you the foreign currency so you dont have to exchange it there. Do you all advise this. Or shall I wait til I get there. Also doen the DOP come in anything larger than 100

They will rip you off. Just wait.

will_blueprint
03-10-2005, 12:11 PM
yeah i notice that. their rate was down by 20. what would be the best/first place to exchange my money

will_blueprint
03-10-2005, 12:12 PM
also should i always keep a certian about of us cash on hand also?

Reel Deal
03-10-2005, 12:14 PM
also should i always keep a certian about of us cash on hand also?I return to the US with RD$3,000, so I have money when I arrive. Means I don't hafta go looking for a cambio first thing...

JDR
03-10-2005, 12:22 PM
I have a bank account there with 1,000 pesos.

fox mulder
03-10-2005, 12:40 PM
Always change money in the country you are visiting you getter better rates there. General rule and like others have said also it is always good to take some pesos home with you. Most airports have places for exchange I have seen them in santiago and in POP.

Reel Deal
03-10-2005, 01:15 PM
DT and I have found a little secret about getting the best rate in Sosua. Find out when the liquor is going to be delivered to Super Super. They have to pay for it in US$. The day before, and morning of the deliveries...if they don't have enough US$ to pay yet...they will give you 2 peos MOL than other cambios.

Check it out...

JDR
03-10-2005, 01:16 PM
DT and I have found a little secret about getting the best rate in Sosua. Find out when the liquor is going to be delivered to Super Super. They have to pay for it in US$. The day before, and morning of the deliveries...if they don't have enough US$ to pay yet...they will give you 2 peos MOL than other cambios.

Check it out...

Now 75 guys know your little secret and 73 get up ealier than DT.