PDA

View Full Version : What to do with my stuff

will_blueprint
03-10-2005, 01:47 PM
OK guys I promise last stupid question of the day.

WHat do to qith my stuff while @ the beach, do they have lockers, but what to do with my stuff like my shoes, chica phone, and keys if i wanna take a quick dip. do I walk all the way back to the car, i mean common sense says not to leave it sitting there.

D_W_
03-10-2005, 01:51 PM

WHat do to qith my stuff while @ the beach, do they have lockers, but what to do with my stuff like my shoes, chica phone, and keys if i wanna take a quick dip. do I walk all the way back to the car, i mean common sense says not to leave it sitting there.

Exactly...common sense.

Don't leave anything unattended if you want it back.

Reel Deal
03-10-2005, 02:03 PM
There are many young boys on the beach...call themselves "secretaries"...who will guard your stuff with their life. Hire one for a few pesos. They take their responsibilities very seriously.

I had an older one-armed Haitian guy (lost it in a machete fight in a sugar cane field) who waited on me hand and foot all day at the beach for like 50 pesos (the exchange rate was 16:1 then). Great deal!

Oh...befriend a "secretary" (many speak some English), and you'll learn all about semi-putas in the area... :D

will_blueprint
03-10-2005, 02:09 PM
yeah i like th sound of that, take me a youngin under my wing, well me under his lol. How can u tell the good form the bad.

JDR
03-10-2005, 02:27 PM

You bring a few 100 pesos and your hotel keys with you. No cell phones. If you are staying at The Palace, chances are others will join you.

the_Jayman
03-10-2005, 02:49 PM
When I was there I was always drinking at the Shark Bar and had a little back pack with the keys, camera, smokes, pesos and Lou kept it behind the bar for me.

will_blueprint
03-10-2005, 02:58 PM
I am stayin at a villa so I will prolly just have to meet people along the way,

BrooklynBeas
03-10-2005, 04:21 PM
normally im with someone... but if im not or if we both wanna go in the water... i only carry my keys and a few hundred pesos... I roll it up in my socks and stuff it in my sneaker... most of the time i sit near the guys that run the jet skis by big mommas shop at the beach ... they are my friends and they watch my stuff... of course i dont trust them much either but to some extent i trust them enough not to take a few hundred pesos... also big mommas son is my friend... and for some reason i trust this kid... His name is Jorge and speaks perfect english... actually he is a good translater if you need one... I gave him a couple of t-shirts last trip just cause he is cool peeps... the more you go down there the more you realize the people who you can put a lil bit of trust in...

P.S. there arent that many trustworthy people in the DR... and that was not a stupid question!

jd_mine
03-10-2005, 05:02 PM
When I was there I was always drinking at the Shark Bar and had a little back pack with the keys, camera, smokes, pesos and Lou kept it behind the bar for me.

Exactly! Find a bar you like and leave the shit with the bar owner. I do it at Siempre Sol. Just give my stuff to Herman and he looks after it.
I need my phone and camera at the beach!! :-) Opportunities are not to be missed! :-)

will_blueprint
03-10-2005, 05:03 PM
yeah that why i like the idea of the secretary tho