PDA

View Full Version : Lesson Learned!

nycdude
03-15-2010, 09:13 PM
I went to Sosua for the first time on February 9, 2010, for seven days and stayed at the New Garden. The hotel is nice and clean and the free breakfast is great.Before the trip, I must have read at least a hundred posts in an effort to limit my mistakes, still I made a quite a few. But I had a great time and I am thinking of returning.
The main mistakes I made was being too polite with a couple of self appointed tour guides. I should have told them to get lost after I got my bearing. It got to the point that if they spotted me in a restaurant , they would walk in and sit down at my table and annonced they had not eaten all day.:mad:
The last mistake was giving a chica, which was a knock out (in my eyes) my cell phone number. She has been calling every few days. The other day, she asked for a $100.00 to complete her rent so I stopped accepting her calls.
Anyway, thanks for the great posts. I'l be wiser next time.:lol:

bklyndrguy
03-15-2010, 09:19 PM
its ok ive been 12 -13 times and i still do many mistakes i live and dont learn lol but the last few times ya i tell this ppl who ask me for a beer that i do work for my money so bug off

trini44
03-15-2010, 09:27 PM
ya live and learn

TONYTNT40
03-15-2010, 09:27 PM
I went to Sosua for the first time on February 9, 2010, for seven days and stayed at the New Garden. The hotel is nice and clean and the free breakfast is great.Before the trip, I must have read at least a hundred posts in an effort to limit my mistakes, still I made a quite a few. But I had a great time and I am thinking of returning.
The main mistakes I made was being too polite with a couple of self appointed tour guides. I should have told them to get lost after I got my bearing. It got to the point that if they spotted me in a restaurant , they would walk in and sit down at my table and annonced they had not eaten all day.:mad:
The last mistake was giving a chica, which was a knock out (in my eyes) my cell phone number. She has been calling every few days. The other day, she asked for a $100.00 to complete her rent so I stopped accepting her calls.
Anyway, thanks for the great posts. I'l be wiser next time.:lol:

Thats the part I hate about Sosua, the town is so small and any Dominican guy (subcontractor) that speaks English will try to act like he's your best friend, especially if they saw you before. It starts like this, "hey remember me", my answer hell no! Just kidding, but I try to stay away from guys I dont know, I have enough friends.

yayow
03-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Some of those assholes, when you make it clear that you don't need their help, they will turn on you and get real nasty. So I normally say hi, and then just as quickly bye. You really don't need them, but some guys feel more comfortable with those guys.

JuanElGriego
03-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Some of those assholes, when you make it clear that you don't need their help, they will turn on you and get real nasty. So I normally say hi, and then just as quickly bye. You really don't need them, but some guys feel more comfortable with those guys.

I saw one of these assholes in one of the pics from your party.

I can't believe that dude got in there. :confused:

LJDMV
03-15-2010, 10:44 PM
:(Great info for me to remember this weekend. Did not know about guys trying to follow u around, and bugging you in sosua. I will be on the look out for that now. Also not giving any chicas my number or real name... A female asking for 100.00 just to help pay her rent is a big no no in my book.. Just hope that damn rain will hold up out there.

yayow
03-15-2010, 10:50 PM
I saw one of these assholes in one of the pics from your party.

I can't believe that dude got in there. :confused:

Yeah Juan I know, but at the point when we didn't have the chicas with the invites show, had to think on our feet, and decided as long as he brought some chicas with him, let him in.

The less of two evils.

carolinajack
03-15-2010, 11:51 PM
That is one helluva avatar...much respect if you (1) took that shot yourself (2) tapped that ass yourself...:corky:

:(Great info for me to remember this weekend. Did not know about guys trying to follow u around, and bugging you in sosua. I will be on the look out for that now. Also not giving any chicas my number or real name... A female asking for 100.00 just to help pay her rent is a big no no in my book.. Just hope that damn rain will hold up out there.