PDA

View Full Version : Shot's fired

TPdog
03-16-2010, 10:35 PM
Actually only one.....but being only 5 feet away was pretty exciting.....:surprised:
Sunday's at the Sosua beach are family day's. Buses of people from the 50 mile radius come to Sosua to eat, swim, and enjoy the usual one day off a week a normal job bring to the local's.

I was eating fish at one of my hang outs on the beach and felt sand kicked up behind me.....it was a fight in full swing. Evidently a family that was getting ready to leave did not pay for their chair's....it escalated to quite a event and the police came on their moto.....

They hauled off the family man and that is when the excitement really started.....the family turned on the police and asked why one their father was hauled away and not the owner of the shack....believing that they pay off the police....they started to push the police and then a big butcher knife was pulled out......minding you I was still about 5-10 feet away from all this action.

The well trained 20 year old police pulled out his hand gun and fired a shot in the air.....:eek: He was shaking like a leaf and was holding his gun at his side with his finger on the trigger......this is when I got nervous:(

About the same time the daughter was struck by a bottle and was knocked out. I thought at first she was hit by a bullet, but was only a beer bottle that was thrown at the police......

Just another day at the beach...........:rofl:

Jimbo44
03-16-2010, 10:38 PM
I dont know about just another day at the beach.... but, just imagine if this happened up here at one of our beaches!! I can see the riot police, helicopters, marine patrol yada yada!!!

psriches
03-16-2010, 11:46 PM
I dont know about just another day at the beach.... but, just imagine if this happened up here at one of our beaches!! I can see the riot police, helicopters, marine patrol yada yada!!!And if a shot was fired, you better believe it wouldn't have been fired in the air!!!:eek:

carolinajack
03-17-2010, 12:15 AM
Sounds like MTV's "The Jersey Shore"...Dominican style

JuanElGriego
03-17-2010, 12:23 PM
All over some beach chairs??????

WTF is wrong with people? :confused:

MrHappy
03-18-2010, 08:16 AM
Hey, I got one for all of you. Driving home last night, I had someone fire a shot at my truck. Now I get to buy another windshield, at 600+ bucks..

A few months ago, driving home at night, I got a bottle thrown at me that took out the headlight and turn signal on the truck. That only took a couple of hundred dollars to fix.

Both were done with the intention of robbing me, of course. The town I work in ain't no picnic..

Beads
03-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Hey, I got one for all of you. Driving home last night, I had someone fire a shot at my truck. Now I get to buy another windshield, at 600+ bucks..

A few months ago, driving home at night, I got a bottle thrown at me that took out the headlight and turn signal on the truck. That only took a couple of hundred dollars to fix.

Both were done with the intention of robbing me, of course. The town I work in ain't no picnic..

Sounds like your next vehicle should be a tank.

Jimbo44
03-18-2010, 11:22 AM

I think it is time you get your self some protection!! But u probably already do!!

Mr Hillbilly
03-19-2010, 06:31 AM
I am surprised they allow beer bottles in thr DR for as much as they are used as a weapon.Must be more expensive to use plastic.

eldorob
03-21-2010, 08:54 AM
I am surprised they allow beer bottles in thr DR for as much as they are used as a weapon.Must be more expensive to use plastic.

They re-use them.

Safety isn't a big concern