PDA

View Full Version : March 26, 27th Santo Domingo

Drddd
03-17-2010, 09:01 PM
First time poster here but long time adventurer! I will be in Santo Domingo staying at the Duke off ave independencia and want to know if anyone wants to meet up for a beer and to scout around?

I live in Thailand and will be able to trade some great info and stories! I like to have a good time and am looking for someone that knows the town or wants to figure it out with me! I will be posting my exploits and look forward toi this trip.

I will be traveling the country for 14 days after Santo Domingo with stops at BB, FOD and Sousa in store.

Let me know. I'm physically in shape and look for a wing man or someone who would like a wing man!

T

pau
03-18-2010, 05:44 PM
Hi, I´ll be in Santo Dmingo for a few days from the 24th onwards, would be nice to meet for a beer and a scout!

WickedWillie
03-18-2010, 06:57 PM
First time poster here but long time adventurer! I will be in Santo Domingo staying at the Duke off ave independencia and want to know if anyone wants to meet up for a beer and to scout around?

I live in Thailand and will be able to trade some great info and stories! I like to have a good time and am looking for someone that knows the town or wants to figure it out with me! I will be posting my exploits and look forward toi this trip.

I will be traveling the country for 14 days after Santo Domingo with stops at BB, FOD and Sousa in store.

Let me know. I'm physically in shape and look for a wing man or someone who would like a wing man!

T

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that hotel 'gay' central in SD?????

DRboundagain
03-18-2010, 07:11 PM
No it is not 'gay' central. They do have an open policy for gays but you will see very few, if any, staying there. What you will see are SW less than 50' away and a nice colmado across the street to chica watch.

pau
03-18-2010, 10:22 PM
ok i´m in!

pau
03-18-2010, 10:23 PM
For chica watchin that is!!!

WickedWillie
03-18-2010, 11:09 PM
No it is not 'gay' central. They do have an open policy for gays but you will see very few, if any, staying there. What you will see are SW less than 50' away and a nice colmado across the street to chica watch.

Thanks for clearing that up! It would be appreciated if the guys that are staying there could perhaps provide a review of the hotel after their stay.

MrHappy
03-19-2010, 07:45 AM

DRbound, say what you will, but the Duke of Wellington is gay central in Santo Domingo.

Take it from one in the know.

Having said that, you leave them alone, they'll leave you alone.

DRboundagain
03-19-2010, 08:58 AM
DRbound, say what you will, but the Duke of Wellington is gay central in Santo Domingo.

Take it from one in the know.

Having said that, you leave them alone, they'll leave you alone.
I know the hotel is gay friendly just as it is chica friendly but I have seen nothing but SW in the area. I have spent plenty of time at the colmado across the street drinking but I have never seen a bunch of gays in the area.

Maybe it is my mis-interpertation of "gay central". Gay central to me would me there are nothing but, or a vast majority of, gays in the area..........and that is not the case.

Well one thing for sure they serve a great sandwich from the outside grill next door at Navarro.

Drddd
03-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Oh wow ... I am certainly not gay! I am comfortable enough with myself that if it is a gay hotel I will be ok. just as long as I'm not getting hit on and propositioned for gay sex! (Different story if a SW (female) propositions me) hehe

And to each is own is my thought!

I found this hotel to have great rates and in a great area! Easy access to everything that I've read about on here!

And if it is a gay hotel.... At least it will be clean and well kept I hope! :)

II'm only there for 2 days so no worries!

I will give a report for sure on this hotel!! That is if I don't get tied down and molested by the gay guys! I'm not telling you all about that!! Haha

I appreciate the comments on this hotel.

Drddd
03-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Pau ill PM you and we can meet up to scout it out!

pau
03-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Drddd, sounds like a plan!

Drddd
03-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Ok after much consideration and advice for Bro's I've changed hotels!

I don't want to have to experience anything uncomfortable!

So I changed to the Hotel Riazor ! Reports to follow.

Pau I'm still up for meeting!

pau
03-20-2010, 02:11 PM
I agree, i´m lookin at the Conde or the Riazor. I´m arriving tomorrow so i´ll keep u posted,Cheers!

big tee
03-26-2010, 02:56 AM
Let me kno how the trip turned out guys...me and my wingman r coming to SD for a April 17th for the day....be4 we go to BC then the "Su"..let us kno bout the Chicas and where the clubs r at...we stayin at the hotel Roma

MrHappy
03-26-2010, 07:10 AM
Ok after much consideration and advice for Bro's I've changed hotels!

I don't want to have to experience anything uncomfortable!

So I changed to the Hotel Riazor ! Reports to follow.

Pau I'm still up for meeting!

There you go! And it's close enough the the Duke, that you can "Hang Out" there if you want to, with your "friends"

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA....

OH man, am I having fun razzin' you...

But, in all seriousness, you'll like the Riazor better. Believe me.

prtyr2
03-26-2010, 10:13 AM
I know the hotel is gay friendly just as it is chica friendly but I have seen nothing but SW in the area. I have spent plenty of time at the colmado across the street drinking but I have never seen a bunch of gays in the area.

Maybe it is my mis-interpertation of "gay central". Gay central to me would me there are nothing but, or a vast majority of, gays in the area..........and that is not the case.

Well one thing for sure they serve a great sandwich from the outside grill next door at Navarro.

Nah. Gay Central means it is the preferred place of many gay guys mongering in SDQ. I stayed there a long time ago and every morning the lobby would be full of gay guys and dominican guys chatting about the night before.

Heck one of yayows fave spots on el conde, pacos, used to be the best chica watching spot in town. It is still very cool but not as great as back in the day. The last few times I went there, there were just as many gay mongers hanging as the nromal crowd of ex pats, tourists and hetero mongers.

Nothing crazy, they didn't bother anybody and if you are not a severe homophobe will not hamper your trip in any way. The hotel is nice for the price. The colmado is cool. You are a block away from pasteur. Hotel senorial around the block has chicas hanging there from time to time as well. Casona Dorada across the street used to have some cute barmaids but the last time I went the bar had changed management and was going after a more high end clientele and gone were the bar maids. . . ..

NYC2DR
03-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Riazor is right across from the Jaragua and looks pretty well kept. I ate at their restraunt right next door. What are the rates per night?

DRboundagain
03-26-2010, 11:54 AM
........Heck one of yayows fave spots on el conde, pacos, used to be the best chica watching spot in town. It is still very cool but not as great as back in the day. The last few times I went there, there were just as many gay mongers hanging as the nromal crowd of ex pats, tourists and hetero mongers.. . . ..
I agree with you on that. Last time at Pacos I watched the gay table in action. Actually it was really funny to watch this one dude invite a gay guy walking down el conde to join them at the table. I sat there long enough to see the two of them get up and walk away together. That dude got game............LOL

greydread
03-26-2010, 01:32 PM
I sat there long enough to see the two of them get up and walk away together. That dude got game............LOL
That dude got cash.