PDA

View Full Version : How unlucky and stupid can you get?

WickedWillie
03-18-2010, 07:42 PM
Last night after 3am every chica that was still out and about without a ‘date’ was arrested by Politur. And plenty were still being rounded up this morning.

Apparently what happened was yesterday during the early evening, after some heavy drinking (allegedly) some Canadian guy took a chica back to his hotel room.

Apparently and according to him she slipped him a ‘Mickey Finn’ and he passed out.

She then proceeded to take all his shit.

Watch, camera, jewellery etc. etc. plus RD$80,000 (Eighty Thousand Pesos!!!) from his safe, using his key.

He awoke at 3am and called the cops. Hence the round-up.

I have no idea as yet what hotel this was in and makes you wonder about the validity of cedula checking by hotel security but really to hold RD$80k in your hotel safe ain’t the most sensible thing to do.

Word on the street is that she escaped to Santiago but will be back in a couple of weeks when the gringo has gone home.

Wise up guys – watch your drinks at all times especially when back in your room and don’t keep large $$$$ in your room.

bklyndrguy
03-18-2010, 07:50 PM
thanx alot for that report what i do i allways keep my safe key in the room not with my room key and i hide it well in the room etc behinf the pic frame, in my freshwipe box, in a sock etc etc i never ever walk around with my safe key

SeaWeed
03-18-2010, 07:51 PM
yikes.........that is a lot of money to be having on you in Sosua....I do not understand that

Hunter
03-18-2010, 07:53 PM
I can't understand why hotels use safe keys.

The 4 digit combo safes is all the have in asia.....

As in many things DR is slow upgrading safes :icontd::icontd:

SeaWeed
03-18-2010, 08:04 PM
most of the safes in Jamaica have keys.......imagine over time they will switch

JuanElGriego
03-18-2010, 08:17 PM
yikes.........that is a lot of money to be having on you in Sosua....I do not understand that

That's a little over $2000. That's not a crazy amount of money.

I usually go down for 8-10 days so i'm keeping that much and more than that in the safe because i don't like to mess with the ATM.

tomgueguen
03-18-2010, 08:17 PM
thanx alot for that report what i do i allways keep my safe key in the room not with my room key and i hide it well in the room etc behinf the pic frame, in my freshwipe box, in a sock etc etc i never ever walk around with my safe key

Now we all now where you hide it.

Hope there's no chica on site.

tomgueguen
03-18-2010, 08:19 PM

I usually go down for 8-10 days so i'm keeping that much and more than that in the safe because i don't like to mess with the ATM.

Idem. ;-)

the_Jayman
03-18-2010, 08:28 PM
there but for the grace of God go I . . .

natmatt
03-18-2010, 08:42 PM
that's one reason why i stay @ NG and pay the extra money to get one of the rooms with the electronic safe..............

whynotme
03-18-2010, 09:24 PM

so true:D

hell i have more than that on me most of the time:rofl:

but thats just me.........i hate banks;)

JuanElGriego
03-18-2010, 09:37 PM
so true:D

hell i have more than that on me most of the time:rofl:

but thats just me.........i hate banks;)

I think we're cut from the same cloth.

I always have way more money on me than i'm gonna need but i like it like that ......

and then i have to stand on line at the pharmacy behind some jackass who pulls out a debit card to pay for a toothbrush and a pack of gum.

FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimbo44
03-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Last night after 3am every chica that was still out and about without a ‘date’ was arrested by Politur. And plenty were still being rounded up this morning.

Apparently what happened was yesterday during the early evening, after some heavy drinking (allegedly) some Canadian guy took a chica back to his hotel room.

Apparently and according to him she slipped him a ‘Mickey Finn’ and he passed out.

Watch, camera, jewellery etc. etc. plus RD$80,000 (Eighty Thousand Pesos!!!) from his safe, using his key.

I have no idea as yet what hotel this was in and makes you wonder about the validity of cedula checking by hotel security but really to hold RD$80k in your hotel safe ain’t the most sensible thing to do.

Word on the street is that she escaped to Santiago but will be back in a couple of weeks when the gringo has gone home.

Wise up guys – watch your drinks at all times especially when back in your room and don’t keep large $$$$ in your room.

I feel for him, but makes me wonder, why he kept that amount of loot all at once. Perhaps he was the type of guy to pay the chicas 3000 - 5000 for pussy??? If so, good for his silly ass!!

MisterPink
03-18-2010, 10:35 PM
I feel for him, but makes me wonder, why he kept that amount of loot all at once. Perhaps he was the type of guy to pay the chicas 3000 - 5000 for pussy??? If so, good for his silly ass!!

Maybe you'll be lucky enough to get served the next boa noite Cinderella?$2 Grand is really not a huge amount of cash to have for a two week vacation, even budget mongering. f.c.m.

Maretti
03-19-2010, 03:05 AM
Wouldn't that drug make you "volunteer" the information anyway?

MrHappy
03-19-2010, 07:35 AM

I always have way more money on me than i'm gonna need but i like it like that ......

and then i have to stand on line at the pharmacy behind some jackass who pulls out a debit card to pay for a toothbrush and a pack of gum.

FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, look at it this way. They guy is trying to keep his money in the bank, instead of carrying it around and risking losing it. Some has taught him well.

I wish my employees would have the same mindset. I pay them by direct deposit, they go to the bank and pull it all out. Zero interest in saving for a rainy day..

Pacoloco
03-19-2010, 08:09 AM
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Apparently and according to him she slipped him a ‘Mickey Finn’ and he passed out.

Are guys really being drugged in Sosua? A few weeks ago a member here claimed his wingman was also drugged and cleaned out by 2 chicas, yet he had an ongoing trip report here and never mentioned it, even after a post asking about it. Makes me wonder if some guys are just shitfaced-drunk, pass out, get robbed then make up the "I was drugged" part to save face.

bklyndrguy
03-19-2010, 10:13 AM
since i keep on changing my hide place good luck come in the room and spend 2 hours to look for a lil key lolol

nomad
03-19-2010, 10:37 AM
I always take some tape and cello-tape the key some where. I never carry it around.

Beads
03-19-2010, 10:37 AM
In a hotel where you have a safe with a key do yourself a favor and not keep the key on your person at night while you sleep (especially after drinking). This is where a wingman comes in handy. Swap keys during the night and just retrieve the key in the morning. This isnt that hard to do.

Always keep your room thief proof also. Watches and anything valuable should be better left at home but if you do have them keep them locked in the safe.

In this guys case if he had kept everything in the safe and gave his safe key to someone he would still have his shit.

In the past knowing I had been drinking and knowing my safe required a key I felt safer giving my key to my night security guard with a 300 peso tip and telling him to bring it back to me before he gets off his shift.

While this is not always fool proof its much safer than having the key in the same room as the safe!

A friend of mine years ago passed out drunk and left his keys in the door. In the morning he had no idea the chica ran the safe and took his money. I told him numerous times to swap safe keys but in his drunken state he paid it no mind. Well he paid the price. He could have easily gave me his safe key. He lost almost $2000 USD so a similar incident.

Chica wandered off and since then I still have seen her in town. I warn people I know to stay away from her but thats all I can do its up to them to take the information or take the risk. If your interested in seeing her look in the Hall Of Shame the post with her picture is still there and she is 100% still wandering around Sosua. If you have been to Sosua a few times you most likely have seen her.

So use your heads for a little more than holding up a hat guys because its not just one chica. Dont think for one second if the opportunity to steal a few thousand dollars is there most chicas wont do it knowing they can split for a week or 2 until you leave and theres nothing more you can do about it.

husl2001
03-19-2010, 02:19 PM

Uh, don't you mean to say:

"Daggum! Me tinkum dat be de mad bank rollin or-eeginal rude boyem gangsta rockin craaaazy kash flow en dis heyar true irie rasta-frie So-sewa scene, mon. Me gottum tow-tal lack of kum-pre-hen-shun why dis mon do-um dese tings lackin' in usin' de gray matta en de head Jah givem."

Just translating into Rocko-ese. Heh.

Jimmydr
03-19-2010, 02:20 PM

I guess this sums it up, the chicas are not in charge and they don't run things.:eek:

goinggetstough
03-19-2010, 02:30 PM
All the rooms don't have good safes? Im in the old wing for my first stay there... should I be concerned?

that's one reason why i stay @ NG and pay the extra money to get one of the rooms with the electronic safe..............

LJDMV
03-19-2010, 02:55 PM
All the rooms don't have good safes? Im in the old wing for my first stay there... should I be concerned?

Give us the inside scoop on the NG since you are there now. I will be there tomorrow not sure if I want to stay in the old wing or the new wing. Tell us if you notice a big difference?

goinggetstough
03-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Sorry. poorly worded and ambiguous.
By "I'm in", I mean: I have a room reserved in the new wing for my upcoming trip in April."
I guess in my mind I'm already there.
I will let you know after, though!

Give us the inside scoop on the NG since you are there now. I will be there tomorrow not sure if I want to stay in the old wing or the new wing. Tell us if you notice a big difference?

Rio4Me4Ever
03-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Please help me find this "Hall Of Shame" on this site.
Thanks
R4M4E

Never mind I found it ***** DUH*****
R4M4E

Kennilingus
03-19-2010, 05:42 PM
You can't go wrong with Beads suggestion of swapping keys with a buddy ... it's idiot proof.

I move around, and often go solo, so I've used one of these locks I bought off of eBay for about $35.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/114294ba3ee6a2b736.jpg

Works great ... one combination for the key lock, and another for the padlock ... the padlock portion is large and can be hooked to towel hangers, stove door handles, or even plumbing fixtures.

Yes ... the key area is large enough to hold the large safe keys at the NG old section .

Here is a listing for a current auction for this item, so you can read the info if you like ... and no I am in no way affiliated with it!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/2-Shurlok-Key-Lock-Box-Lockboxes-Real-Estate-Realtor_W0QQitemZ390159455723QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5ad750d5eb

gdogg
03-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Chica wandered off and since then I still have seen her in town. I warn people I know to stay away from her but thats all I can do its up to them to take the information or take the risk. If your interested in seeing her look in the Hall Of Shame the post with her picture is still there and she is 100% still wandering around Sosua. If you have been to Sosua a few times you most likely have seen her.

Which chica is she?

Gladiator
03-19-2010, 07:55 PM
I'd never leave thousands of dollars in cash in a hotel room safe.

whynotme
03-19-2010, 08:07 PM
I'd never leave thousands of dollars in cash in a hotel room safe.
i wouldn't either..........thats why its in my pocket:D

natmatt
03-19-2010, 08:28 PM

the safes in the old part are key access. all of the rooms in the new wing are electronic. you do not have to worry about anything. just keep up with your key and do not tell the chicas what room number you are in. and of course, do what one of the other members suggested -- exchange keys with your buddy. if you are going solo, just hide the key and never access your safe in front of the chica................

LJDMV
03-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Lots of good advise here guys.. i will try a few of these ideas on my trip this weekend. My first time at NG hotel. Not worried much about safety. With all the good info I get from here i feel I just need to be smart, aware of my surroundings and enjoy the chicas.

yayow
03-20-2010, 01:45 PM

From what I understand that is exactly right, depending on the type of drug, you don't realize what you are doing, and will volunteer any info that you know, for example guys going to atms and withdrawing money from the bank, themselves and giving it to the chica. Or guys volunteering where they have hid their safe key or giving the combo to the safe in their room.

I don't think too many of the chicas use it, but some surely do.

yayow
03-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Although it may be considered a pain in the ass, or a bit of an inconvenience you should always take your drink with you when you go somewhere even in your hotel room, if someone else is in the room with you. When you go to the bathroom take your drink in there with you, whether you are in a bar, or in your hotel room.

mikelodge
03-24-2010, 12:48 AM

FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't agree more I hate at Playero when some old fuck couple from who knows where has to agrue with the cashier about the price of something and then is 200 pesos short of the amount needed to pay for there shit.

I don't need 2K cash on me presonally in a Third World country but that is what real safes are for.

I walk around the US in someplaces more dangerous than the DR and don't think twice about having a pocket full of cash. God Bless Conceal and Carry. :p

MisterPink
03-24-2010, 01:03 AM
Couldn't agree more I hate at Playero when some old fuck couple from who knows where has to agrue with the cashier about the price of something and then is 200 pesos short of the amount needed to pay for there shit.

I don't need 2K cash on me presonally in a Third World country but that is what real safes are for.

I walk around the US in someplaces more dangerous than the DR and don't think twice about having a pocket full of cash. God Bless Conceal and Carry. :p

You really should have residency to carry in DR.

DominicanBilly
03-24-2010, 01:50 AM
Tell my friends (clients) all the time. Never carry any more money then you need for that night. 80,000 pesos is a ridiculous amount to have anywhere on your person or in the safe. So it costs $5.00us each time you use the ATM it's cheaper and a lot safer than carrying around lots of money. How stupid can we be?

NYC2DR
03-24-2010, 06:56 AM
This is where common sense prevails when dealing w/ chicas. First of all I will never understand why some guys feel its neccessary to snuggle, cuddle up and fall asleep w/ the chica after bustin a nut. Maybe its something they are missing at home. Kick them out after busting the nut if you feel there is a chance you may fall asleep.

I personally always go down with at least 2K cash for a weeks trip. If i need more money i have it wired down. I dont think its the $5 atm charge that is the problem for most of us. I personally would NEVER access an atm in the DR or any other foreign country for fear that my card and pin could be duped. And yes this has happened in Sosua in the Banco Popular. I am not Trump but I have a substantial amount of cash in my accounts. There is no way in hell i am using an atm down there.

One idea that has crossed my mind and after reading this i think i will do it just to be on the safe side. Open up a free checking/savings account. Keep a maximum of 3-4K and use this account just for vacations and accessing the atm/debit cards, etc.

DCIronman
03-24-2010, 08:06 AM
Tell my friends (clients) all the time. Never carry any more money then you need for that night. 80,000 pesos is a ridiculous amount to have anywhere on your person or in the safe. So it costs $5.00us each time you use the ATM it's cheaper and a lot safer than carrying around lots of money. How stupid can we be?

I agree 100%. I've been using ATMs in the DR for years. It allows me to budget on a daily basis. There's no way in hell I'd carry around thousands in any 3rd world country. At least with the ATMs, the bank is obligated by law to reimburse me for unauthorized funds taken from my account. Try getting your money back from a chica who stole from you.

I'm going to start doing what a friend of mine does. He has an account set up strictly for traveling. And he only deposits into it whatever amount he plans on spending. That way no one can get access to his main accounts.

How stupid can we be? Well, apparently pretty fuckin stoopid. It seems that there are those who will continue to bring down huge sums of money thinking that it will be safe if they lock it up. These are the guys who continue to get robbed. Some will never learn.:rolleyes:

MrHappy
03-24-2010, 08:10 AM
I agree 100%. I've been using ATMs in the DR for years. It allows me to budget on a daily basis. There's no way in hell I'd carry around thousands in any 3rd world country. At least with the ATMs, the bank is obligated by law to reimburse me for unauthorized funds taken from my account. Try getting your money back from a chica who stole from you.

I'm going to start doing what a friend of mine does. He has an account set up strictly for traveling. And he only deposits into it whatever amount he plans on spending. That way no one can get access to his main accounts.

How stupid can we be? Well, apparently pretty fuckin stoopid. It seems that there are those who will continue to bring down huge sums of money thinking that it will be safe if they lock it up. These are the guys who continue to get robbed. Some will never learn.:rolleyes:

I'll do you one better. I have an account that I use just for traveling as well, but I have it set up so I can access my accounts on line, and transfer the funds I need from savings into the travel account, then go to the ATM and pull it out. My ATM account doesn't earn savings, so I don't want anything in it unless I need to pull it out.

That account never has more than 10 bucks or so in it.

DCIronman
03-24-2010, 08:18 AM
This is where common sense prevails when dealing w/ chicas. First of all I will never understand why some guys feel its neccessary to snuggle, cuddle up and fall asleep w/ the chica after bustin a nut. Maybe its something they are missing at home. Kick them out after busting the nut if you feel there is a chance you may fall asleep.

It's called TLN. Believe it or not, there are some on this board who are still young and potent enough to bust more than one nut per night. TLN with a chica means that not only will I be fucking her twice that night, I'm waking up and rolling over into the toto the next morning (no snuggling or cuddling necessary). That's how I do it. I love morning sex, and I get my pesos worth outta a bitch.

I guess that it's a concept that "one-pop" guys find hard to understand.:rofl:

And if you do it right, there's no security risk involved whatsoever. For example, I make sure that I only have enough pesos on hand to pay her the next morning. And I do a quick spot check of all my personal shit (what little I've brought) before I cut her loose.

mikelodge
03-24-2010, 08:55 AM
You really should have residency to carry in DR.

I don't check bags and even if I did wouldn't even consider being armed in the DR. That would completely change the Vibe and quite frankly be stupid when you want to party and have fun.

Jimmydr
03-24-2010, 09:00 AM

Well because its about $40 maybe $50 and when you wake up, you can bust another nut. I had 1 or 2 every night in Medellin for 14 straight days. I had 6 different chicas stay over.

mikelodge
03-24-2010, 09:03 AM
It's called TLN. Believe it or not, there are some on this board who are still young and potent enough to bust more than one nut per night. TLN with a chica means that not only will I be fucking her twice that night, I'm waking up and rolling over into the toto the next morning (no snuggling or cuddling necessary). That's how I do it. I love morning sex, and I get my pesos worth outta a bitch.

[I]And if you do it right, there's no security risk involved whatsoever. For example, I make sure that I only have enough pesos on hand to pay her the next morning. And I do a quick spot check of all my personal shit (what little I've brought) before I cut her loose.

Totally agree, why bring expensive shit down there to worry about. I bring my oldest digital camera, a borrowed friends cell phone for emergencies so noone could get my real one and my info, a old laptop easy to keep an eye on, and the money in the safe.

PS morning sex is sometimes best :wink:

Jimmydr
03-24-2010, 09:05 AM

And if you do it right, there's no security risk involved whatsoever. For example, I make sure that I only have enough pesos on hand to pay her the next morning. And I do a quick spot check of all my personal shit (what little I've brought) before I cut her loose.

Sometimes us older guys grab one and decide that we want to bust in the morning instead of at night.

Jimmydr
03-24-2010, 09:09 AM
Totally agree, why bring expensive shit down there to worry about. I bring my oldest digital camera, a borrowed friends cell phone for emergencies so noone could get my real one and my info, a old laptop easy to keep an eye on, and the money in the safe.

I haven't been to Sosua in almost 3 years, but me and my wingman traded safe keys and I locked up everything before going to bed.

goinggetstough
03-24-2010, 09:35 AM
This is exactly what I do - I've got an online savings account that I use for travel. That said, I've never had a problem using an ATM anywhere, 1st, 2nd, or 1st world, and you've got me jittery now! I REALLY like the idea of having a second account and transferring $$$ as I need it, though it really starts adding to the time/planning needed to get some cash. I like to be a bit more fluid than that! Which is why I always have ~$200 in my trusty hidden-belt-wallet.

I personally always go down with at least 2K cash for a weeks trip. If i need more money i have it wired down. I dont think its the $5 atm charge that is the problem for most of us. I personally would NEVER access an atm in the DR or any other foreign country for fear that my card and pin could be duped. And yes this has happened in Sosua in the Banco Popular. I am not Trump but I have a substantial amount of cash in my accounts. There is no way in hell i am using an atm down there.

One idea that has crossed my mind and after reading this i think i will do it just to be on the safe side. Open up a free checking/savings account. Keep a maximum of 3-4K and use this account just for vacations and accessing the atm/debit cards, etc.

Jiggafied
03-24-2010, 10:19 PM
Sometimes I get the old rooms at NG, what i do is I give my safekey to my wingman and he gives his to me, and I hide around 3000 RD around the room for "can't find my wingman money".

This way if a girl drugs me they can never get into my safe because I'm not holding on to my keys.

mho
03-27-2010, 09:59 AM
I'll do you one better. I have an account that I use just for traveling as well, but I have it set up so I can access my accounts on line, and transfer the funds I need from savings into the travel account, then go to the ATM and pull it out. My ATM account doesn't earn savings, so I don't want anything in it unless I need to pull it out.

That account never has more than 10 bucks or so in it.

This is the best advice I got before my first trip and still works the best for me.

I have a second checking account that is linked to my main checking. Simply move cash into the travel acccount before a trip and bring two cards for the travel account. The second checking account is free and should it ever be compromised, it does not impact your main account with your checks and direct deposit.

I also pay for my room (Wilfried) when I arrive. I figure that money is already spent so why keep it in the room, it is $600 dollars that I do not have to worry about.

heydude99
04-02-2010, 02:24 AM
in la up for a long time finally fell out, dont know if i was drugged or not, not cool to come to with everything gone. worse thing is your partying is over

MrHappy
04-02-2010, 07:36 AM
This is the best advice I got before my first trip and still works the best for me.

I have a second checking account that is linked to my main checking. Simply move cash into the travel acccount before a trip and bring two cards for the travel account. The second checking account is free and should it ever be compromised, it does not impact your main account with your checks and direct deposit.

I also pay for my room (Wilfried) when I arrive. I figure that money is already spent so why keep it in the room, it is $600 dollars that I do not have to worry about.

The great part is, I have internet access to my accounts, so all I have to do is get on line, transfer from Savings to Checking, walk over to the ATM, and pull it out.

And you're right, pay what you know you're gonna have to pay, and get it out of your mind.

questner
04-02-2010, 11:49 AM
I don't bring watch or jewelry and keep my electronics value around $1,000 and keep the same $1,000 theft insurance policy. Most of the funds in my safe are AMEX travel cheques, so I try to keep my cash to minimum, likely not more than 20K peso.

Maretti
04-02-2010, 04:50 PM
...I guess that it's a concept that "one-pop" guys find hard to understand.:rofl:...
Not really, we are all within a 10% the same (give or take), the problem is that many of us tend to "over-sell" ourselves. The true is between you and the chica and they tend to talk a lot. It seems that for us, fucking many women, many times with a big dick is what make us really men, it ain't so. There's a saying "you don't eat the food as hot as you cook it".

Apos
04-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Not me man...I'm Irish :D

TC
04-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Now we all now where you hide it.

Hope there's no chica on site.

You'd still have to reach deep into each one of his dirty, sweaty, smelly socks to find the one he put it in. Good luck with that.

sporthobbyist
04-04-2010, 12:04 PM
I usually bring 3k down with me.

USD for the NG checkout
2k for cambio.
This time I came back with 460usd and a stack 20k in pesos

I like cashing in 1k at a time and just leaving it in the safe. I will never use an ATM in a third world country. Only time I ever used an ATM on a trip was in MDE. I planned for one week and added another week while there.

i always bring cash and exchange it. Who the hell wants to go to an ATM daily????

The new wings in the NG has digital safes. The chica will have to drug me, tie me up and torture me to get the code!!!

I do not like a safe with keys. To hard to access and then have to hide the key with the chica possibly there.

I had a todo a noche most nights on this past trip and never had a problem with a chicas stealing my pesos.

Maretti
04-04-2010, 02:44 PM
...The chica will have to drug me, tie me up and torture me to get the code!!!...
According to what I have heard about certain drugs, that's all they need to do in order to get your code and anything they want. Life is tough out there!