PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Juiced...on the beach

Apos
03-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Carlo runs an excellent bar on the beach with cold beer, good, strong drinks, food from Tom's kitchen, The Tree House and couple of other restaurants and one of the best views in the world! :mrgreen:

He's a congenial host, has a diverse mix of loyal customers, who are a riot to hang out with, and the view of the chicas strolling buy is priceless! :corky:

It's the kind of place friends hang out at together, shooting the breeze, enjoying watching the chicas and enjoying good company.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/33364ba3d49e59b64.jpg

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/33364ba3d49f2b50a.jpg

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/33364ba3d49fee9e1.jpg

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/33364ba3d4a0be831.jpg

Jimbo44
03-19-2010, 04:02 PM
I recall passing by but it as closed on account of the rain!! Looked like a coo place....

Apos
03-19-2010, 04:21 PM
I recall passing by but it as closed on account of the rain!! Looked like a coo place....I'm sitting with 7 friends at the "big" table at Rocky's and we all agree that it's our favourite place on the beach!

MrHappy
03-20-2010, 08:04 AM
I've been there a couple of times myself. (But then again, I think I've been to every bar on the beach a couple of times. )

Great spot, that's for sure.

Mr. Smooth
03-20-2010, 05:02 PM
Apos, when we were walking toward the beach that day and you said you were hitting this bar, I was going to hook up with you after stopping by the British Bulldog. I wound up staying there for a couple hours. When I did pass by, you weren't there. I wound up going to Tom's for the rest of the afternoon. Sorry to have missed you. When I'm back in June, I'm there for sure.

Apos
03-20-2010, 05:05 PM
Me too! I must do a thread on the BB, it's also a cool place with good food! Must take more pix though :D

Please pm me prior to your next visit for my cell number!

Apos, when we were walking toward the beach that day and you said you were hitting this bar, I was going to hook up with you after stopping by the British Bulldog. I wound up staying there for a couple hours. When I did pass by, you weren't there. I wound up going to Tom's for the rest of the afternoon. Sorry to have missed you. When I'm back in June, I'm there for sure.

yayow
03-21-2010, 02:16 AM
As long as you are doing reviews of beach bars, you should also include Tom's place the Scandinavian Bar, he's a good host, with good food and music, and by far the cleanest bathroom on the beach, available for his customers. Sometimes I would go there just to hang out because I knew eventually I would need to use a restroom, and there are a lot of them; that I just can't use.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

All of these bars are just maybe 5 stalls from each other, talking about Tom's Scandinavian Bar, Carlo's Jungle Juice Bar, and Herman's Siempre Sol.

gdogg
03-21-2010, 06:11 AM
The Scandinavian Bar is an institution! Most know Tom, and what he's gone through to keep that place going. Great burgers, great music (especially for those who need a bachata/reggaeton break), and (as already mentioned) a clean bathroom!

Mr. Smooth
03-21-2010, 02:14 PM
If I could only spend time at one bar on the beach, it would be Tom's. Even though there are many quality places to sit and hang out at, with the service, food, cold beer, music, views, conversation and prices, The Scandanavian Bar cannot be beat IMHO. Much of my Sunday afternoons have been spent there enjoying the whole scene.

yayow
03-21-2010, 02:48 PM
If I could only spend time at one bar on the beach, it would be Tom's. Even though there are many quality places to sit and hang out at, with the service, food, cold beer, music, views, conversation and prices, The Scandanavian Bar cannot be beat IMHO. Much of my Sunday afternoons have been spent there enjoying the whole scene.

Actually I think I tend to agree, if you add everything up;.... luckily we don't have to pick just one:rolleyes:

Actually I may be mistaken but we first met each other one afternoon at Tom's place, and you also were the one who pointed out the differences in how cold the beer was at Tom's place because he keeps the freezers on all day long as opposed to Herman who will turn his off on occasion to save on electricity.

yayow
03-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Sorry Apos, I have seemed to jack your thread about the Jungle Juice Bar, maybe I should split this thread into a thread about the Scandanavian Bar.

I think I will wait till somebody can get some pictures of Tom's place to do that however.

Mr. Smooth
03-21-2010, 05:03 PM
Actually I think I tend to agree, if you add everything up;.... luckily we don't have to pick just one:rolleyes:

Actually I may be mistaken but we first met each other one afternoon at Tom's place, and you also were the one who pointed out the differences in how cold the beer was at Tom's place because he keeps the freezers on all day long as opposed to Herman who will turn his off on occasion to save on electricity.
Yes yayow, I was the dude to have first made your aquaintence there and made that point on Tom's beer. And sorry Apos for the jack too. The Jungle Juice bar is on my list for June. Anyone who runs a nice place and puts out a good product I am more than willing to support when I am down there. Thanks for all your reviews and suggestions on places for ISOC to enjoy and get good value for their money. Much appreciated.

Apos
04-25-2010, 06:29 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=267807