PDA

View Full Version : toronto to pop is under 100bucks plus tax

whynotme
03-21-2010, 10:30 AM
the flightsto the Dr from toronto have stayed high for the last couple of years.........very few sale prices.:icontd:

but friday www.sunseekers.ca (http://www.sunseekers.ca) posted a big sale.......the price was -15$... ..thats right they were paying you 15$ to take an empty seat:rofl: the 15$ came off the taxes.....the seat and money give away only lasted one day though:icontd:.
the -15$ still is showing but when you try to buy today the seats are gone............but they still have lots at $99 plus tax.

good marketing ;) show the give away seats and then when you hesitate they are gone and you pay $99:rofl:.......still the best price i have seen this year.

btw holguin is still available for 65$ and a lot less tax than pop:D

Mr Hillbilly
03-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Sounds good but what is the final cost?
Is it like Spirit where the fare is 80 bucks then you pay twice that in taxes and fees?

Kevy
03-21-2010, 11:38 AM
Is it like Spirit where the fare is 80 bucks then you pay twice that in taxes and fees?

THe POP flights are around 310 in tax plus the flight and Cuba is around 200 plus the flight

whynotme
03-21-2010, 11:44 AM
ya thats about right......the taxes are as kevy said

the ai's also have some great deals on at under 300 plus tax.......almost like getting the room,food,alcohol for free compared to regular flight prices:D

Mr Hillbilly
03-21-2010, 11:46 AM
No cheaper than Detroit cost me 350 last trip.POP

Kevy
03-21-2010, 11:48 AM
No cheaper than Detroit cost me 350 last trip.POP

For Canadian flights it is really good, especially international flights, the competition is not the same.

whynotme
03-21-2010, 11:51 AM
For Canadian flights it is really good, especially international flights, the competition is not the same.
plus now that our dollar is almost at par with usd the travel agents are saying trips to the uk and europe will come down drastically. our dollar is worth 50% more than it was just two years ago against the euro and pound:D

donquixote
03-21-2010, 11:52 AM
usually the sell offs are from the tour companies and the 315$ for taxes is for more than taxes. it is also includes booking fees etc. therefore being hidden costs..
these are also 1 week only...if you book a flight only and you want to stay 2 weeks, the cost goes up a lot,,,especially when you still only occupy one seat down and one back,,,

the all inclusive is also double occupancy,,,so must be 2 people to a room

i believe if one only goes one week either an all inclusvie or flight only can be a good deal, but if one is going more than the week, you are better to look elsewhere for a flight only. you can rent a condo or apartment, and you will not spend the difference you save on all the food and boose you want, and also have the freedome to go where you want and eat where you want....

i myself go usually more than a week,,,i just booked a flight to pop for $128. each way plus aprox the real taxes of $145. for a total of $402.canadian and stay 3 weeks,,,and if i there want to extend and able to change i can do so for as low as $75.00

whynotme
03-21-2010, 12:01 PM
usually the sell offs are from the tour companies and the 315$ for taxes is for more than taxes. it is also includes booking fees etc. therefore being hidden costs..
these are also 1 week only...if you book a flight only and you want to stay 2 weeks, the cost goes up a lot,,,especially when you still only occupy one seat down and one back,,,

the all inclusive is also double occupancy,,,so must be 2 people to a room

i believe if one only goes one week either an all inclusvie or flight only can be a good deal, but if one is going more than the week, you are better to look elsewhere for a flight only. you can rent a condo or apartment, and you will not spend the difference you save on all the food and boose you want, and also have the freedome to go where you want and eat where you want....

i myself go usually more than a week,,,i just booked a flight to pop for $128. each way plus aprox the real taxes of $145. for a total of $402.canadian and stay 3 weeks,,,and if i there want to extend and able to change i can do so for as low as $75.00
cuba is about the only country has has regular no single supplement fees but once in 2006 i got a 4 day to playa dorado no single supplement so it worked out well.........monger at night.......go back to the ai for R&R.....but i wouldn't likely do another ai unless it was as cheap or cheaper than flight only.

two weeks on the charters do cost a lot more:eek: