PDA

View Full Version : Ambassador introduced Del Tiempo

NewsWhore
03-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Former Colombian ambassador to the Dominican Republic, Jorge Enrique Garavito Duran seems to have been the person responsible for introducing Spaniard Arturo del Tiempo Marques to President Leonel Fernandez in 2005. The ambassador sent a letter to Listin Diario, explaining that he met Del Tiempo in the DR. "I met him in Santo Domingo in the DR with his family, and he appeared to be respectable, as a Spanish investor in a major real estate project for which he had bought the lot and had the plans approved. I thought the project was lovely from the architectural point of view. He asked me to help him present the project to President Fernandez, and I did not see anything strange in the request since it was an important foreign investment that appeared to be legitimate. I requested the appointment with President Fernandez and he granted it. The next day, or two days later, we took part in the groundbreaking ceremony. That is what happened," said Garavito.
He said he did not suspect that the man could have an unethical side.
Del Tiempo Marques is under arrest in Spain for cocaine trafficking. He promoted a 21-floor high-rise in the DR, financed by the governmental Banco de Reservas.
In the case, only a Colombian, German Eduardo Duque Garcia is being questioned as an accomplice of Del Tiempo.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#11)