PDA

View Full Version : Another American killed...in Luperon

rdmatheny
03-29-2010, 06:01 PM
Looks like another american fell prey to a jealous boyfriend. Here is the link to article. http://www.dominicancentral.com/newsarticle/american_shot_dead_in_luperon

papi_sosua
03-29-2010, 06:09 PM
It's going on all the time; earlier in the year a German was killed in La Union by a Haitian chulo.

I just got back from Sosua and had to visit a friend in the hospital who was robbed at night while riding his moto. He took a pretty bad beating when being driven of the road by the ladrones. Only positive aspect of this incidence is that I can vouch first-hand for the high level of care and professionalism at the new Sosua hospital.

Looks like another american fell prey to a jealous boyfriend. Here is the link to article. http://www.dominicancentral.com/newsarticle/american_shot_dead_in_luperon

SeaWeed
03-29-2010, 06:11 PM
lawd of mercy......sad mon....isn't that like the 5th American guy in the last 6 months in the DR.......
you don't see this chit in Jamaica.....jah bless the guy

Jimmydr
03-29-2010, 06:16 PM
lawd of mercy......sad mon....isn't that like the 5th American guy in the last 6 months in the DR.......
you don't see this chit in Jamaica.....jah bless the guy

I am staying in Colombia, much safer.

Mr Hillbilly
03-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Two different times last year people attempted to robb me.In Cali last may 5 people beat 3 of them up and left them in the street.

Once in la Vega last day of Carnival he didn't make out good either.

SeaWeed
03-29-2010, 06:55 PM
I am staying in Colombia, much safer.I hear you Jimmy......
and it's not very comforting when sitting at ElFlows in Sosua and the two Dominicans beside you got pistols tucked in their belts under their shirts.....tru story last reach......mi made sure mi didn't piss them off......lol......and it was the first time for this guy to ever see someone packing at a bar in Paradise......and these two guys where in ElFlows alot of the time I was there.....

Jimmydr
03-29-2010, 06:57 PM
I hear you Jimmy......
and it's not very comforting when sitting at ElFlows in Sosua and the two Dominicans beside you got pistols tucked in their belts under their shirts.....tru story last reach......mi made sure mi didn't piss them off......lol......and it was the first time for this guy to ever see someone packing at a bar in Paradise......and these two guys where in ElFlows alot of the time I was there.....

Hahaha

Most Dominicans have a pistol if they own a car or house.

JD426
03-29-2010, 07:55 PM
Ohh Puleasee,,,
Everyone has a pistola in the Dr. My DR cop friend even let me carry one in Santo Domingo just for shits and giggles cause he knows I can handle one without shooting myslelf in the foot. Its like the Old Wild West down there.
Even At the Clubs in SD , u just hand it over to the guard when u enter, no big deal. This did surprise me and my retired NYPD friends though , that even a COP has to hand it over , or he cant enter the Club . But it doesnt raise an eyebrow otherwise. Its not like here in the states where you get Wanded, and they would bust u for having one. So dont be so paranoid. Pistolas dont kill people, people kill people.. lol
Just learn to dive for cover once it starts popping, and keep your head down. Unless you're the target u shoud be just FIIIINE....

afroski
03-29-2010, 08:13 PM

This is too bad, because Luperon is one of my favorite towns to visit while hanging out on the north coast. It has a small ex-pat community with a couple of American owned bars there. There is some mongering available but not much. Although the last 2 times i was there it was in the day but people there say that the place comes alive at night, I don't know if that means more chicas available or what.

Ram
03-30-2010, 02:30 AM
I hear you Jimmy......

I have personally seen 2 guys get shot in Jamaica, all over a perceived diss....you are fooling yourself if you think guys in Jamaica are not packing.
Damn, I was at a dance in Sav and a few guys thought it would be a good idea to shoot into the air during one of their favorite songs.
It happens everywhere in the Caribbean....

Mr Hillbilly
03-30-2010, 06:47 AM
Jamaica Colombia and Dr have high murder rates. Difference is in Colombia asault rate is very low where as in the DR they like to fight.

knotty
03-30-2010, 09:39 AM
I hear you Jimmy......
rocko i can't believe you actually said that. you know damn well a lot of those guys are packing. you can go to any local dancehall and hear gunshots go off, especially when a hot tune is playing...buck...buck...buck..buck.

cervezalover
03-30-2010, 09:58 AM
rocko i can't believe you actually said that. you know damn well a lot of those guys are packing. you can go to any local dancehall and hear gunshots go off, especially when a hot tune is playing...buck...buck...buck..buck.

I live in the town of san christobal in an area with zero gringos and i have been to local dancehalls, which possibly have never seen a gringo before but so far i have not experienced anything like described above.

knotty
03-30-2010, 10:02 AM
I live in the town of san christobal in an area with zero gringos and i have been to local dancehalls, which possibly have never seen a gringo before but so far i have not experienced anything like described above.
Me and you on 2 different pages. I'm not talking about DR. I'm talking about Jamaica. Since Rocko is a Jamaica vet, and stated he has not seen it in paradise.

MrHappy
04-03-2010, 08:37 AM

Huh!?? San Cristobal? Where somebody gets killed every couple of days?

Actually, I gotta agree with you. You don't hear of folks getting shot in dance halls because of jealous boyfriends. That really is an oddity.

San Cristobal is a nice little town that's getting taken over by the druggies. I used to hang out there occasionally, but not anymore.